[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JOE'S CRAB SHACK IS THE FIRST BIG CHAIN TO BAN TIPPING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 6
File: large[1].jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
large[1].jpg
62 KB, 500x375
https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/joes-crab-shack-eliminates-tipping-restaurants-that-dont-require-tipping
>Joe's servers will now be starting at $14 an hour -- a pay raise that will increase overall menu prices at the restaurant 12-15%, according to Restaurant Business. The same report says severs will be compensated based on their previous performance, with $14 being the entry wage.
>>
File: batcat.jpg (74 KB, 540x607) Image search: [Google]
batcat.jpg
74 KB, 540x607
progresssssss
>>
>>7063271
>Implying waiters still won't bitch about not getting tipped.
>>
My cousin is a server there and just quit to go somewhere else. Along with over half of the wait staff. I understand the frustration of the tipping system and know how overpaid some servers are making $40 an hour, but yea. If you eat there enjoy your now terrible service. This can only work if every restaurant does away with tipping, until that happens all the good servers are going to quit and go somewhere they can make better money from tips.
>>
>>7063301
Yea, it has to be rough being the first place to ban tipping. Until it becomes standard practice, places that allow it, particularly high end, are just going to be much more appealing places to work.
>>
every server i know made bank doing jack shit.

no one will care, robots will do their jobs in 20 years then in 80 years someone will open a restaurant with real servers as a retro theme.
>>
>>7063301
Personally, I am glad Joe's is exposing all the FOH entitlement that we all know exists and they deny so vehemently.

Way to walk into the trap, server scum.
>>
LMAO they are just raising the price on the all food by 15%, they are essentially hijacking the tips.
>>
Seems like a marketing scheme to get them in the news, that place is pretty irrelevent.
>>
>>7063271
>increase overall menu prices at the restaurant 12-15%

So I'm tipping them anyway, what's the fucking point?
>>
>>7063314
>hijacking the tips
Do you really think waitstaff deserves that much?
>>
>>7063332
>12-15%
Most people tip 15-20%.
>>
>>7063301
jokes on them, they will be getting paid way more than they ever would with random huge tips.
>>
>>7063332
The point is that the servers get a proper wage and you don't have to deal with the bullshit of deciding what tip should right or not. Hopefully that's the way it works.
>>
>>7063337
They deserve a living wage.
>>
Also shit I think we are missing the point here lads. Joes crab shack is actually fucking GOAT. They have the best fuckin shrimp trio platter ever. They have the best crab leg trio EVER. they just know what's up. They also have girls walking around in skanky uniforms like hooters but no one seems to notice but me.
>>
File: Disgusted_Dog.jpg (54 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted_Dog.jpg
54 KB, 535x462
>>7063342
Of course you will, in your mother's basement.
>>
>>7063350
I've never heard of the place, maybe it's not a NE NY thing.
>>
>>7063345
Do they though?

But seriously, waitstaff make so much money that isn't even reported.
>>
>>7063357
Good, so they can join the rest of us in reporting taxes and stop being arrogant assholes.
>>
>>7063357
If I have to report shit then why the fuck shouldn't they? Are they special snowflake faggots?
>>
>>7063299
Oh yeah, even with this pretty huge raise I can see waiters being livid about muh tips being taken away.
>>7063301
Hopefully other places follow suit. Honestly it's rare when I go to a restaurant and feel like they deserved a tip. I can't even remember the last time I was out and didn't have to fucking flag down a waiter after waiting 10-15 minutes for someone to give me a refill. I also don't believe in percentages. If I feel like they deserve a tip, they're getting $2 tops.
>>
>>7063360
They don't report their tips accurately because a huge amount of tips are in cash. So basically they just pocket the money and don't think twice about reporting the earnings. Honestly I'm thinking of applying for server jobs. Waiters make $9 where I live, and with tips on top of that I could be making bank
>>
>>7063369
But that's bullshit and you don't know what making bank is biotch, here's a hint, it's not being a server.
>>
>>7063369
btw... no shit sherlock
>>
>>7063371
I meant as a job before I finish college, not a life time career m8.
>>
>>7063381
Is it a junior college? I notice you didn't mention "university."
>>
>>7063388
In America we call university "college" or sometimes even just "school"
>>
>>7063394
I'm an American and when you call it college or school it means that you're full of shit and going for a shit degree that doesn't matter to anyone. You're wasting your parent's money.
>>
>>7063395
Sorry you feel that way. Maybe my experience is quite old? Whenever I interact with someone the question about university/college/whatever is usually phrased with "Where did you go to school?" where the implication is that "school" is your university. I don't really interact with anyone that hasn't gone to a top 50 university so maybe if you do there are certain code words people use for their respective school of higher-education? Or maybe if you're still in school or just graduated recently? Or maybe it's a regional thing. I'm from New Jersey and that's what we did there, maybe in other parts of the country those words carry different connotations?
>>
>>7063386
Are there honestly even jobs for those shit degrees?
>>
>>7063402
Any office or public service job these days requires SOME degree, it doesn't matter which one you take. Might as well go for something that interest you. It's not like an economics BA gives you a wealth of knowledge without which you can't operate in the job market.
>>
>>7063345
They should find a better job and stop acting so entitled to more money just because they bring me my food and drinks
>>
>>7063410
It's honestly sad considering they can hardly do that right. Nearly every fucking place I've been to is shit at getting refills
>>
>>7063401
That's probably because you're from New Jersey and nobody gives a shit about you from New York.
>>
>>7063301
pure cancer of the tipping culture
>>
>>7063433
k
>>
>>7063332
Server is guaranteed a livable wage and you don't feel obligated to have to weigh the different things the waiter did to appease you in order to determine your bill. The downside is that waiters might feel less inclined to try their hardest now that tipping isn't allowed.
>>
>>7063271
McAlisters deli already did it years ago

They put on the menu "please do not tip employees"

the menu right above the cash registers. Fucking pricks.
>>
>>7063394
In america we call "college" or "university" daycare
>>
Joe's Crap Shack was already horribly overpriced for what you get. At restaurants like that, I'd rather tip for great service (since they are always jam packed with tables of loud, demanding black people) than pay MORE for mediocre food.
>tables full of loud, demanding black people
And THIS is why they have switched to no tipping. The servers weren't getting tips anyway.
>>
There are jobs where people are responsible for human lives and make significantly less than someone who has zero education and can rub two brain cells together to cart food from one place to another.

Let that sink in.
>>
>>7065866
And people will live and die without ever having eaten a single meal: poor, miserable, starving and forgotten, while sometimes rich people give birth to psychopaths who kill people in drunk driving accidents and can pay the correct people to get sent to a "rehab" clinic and will grow old and die with grandchildren having deserved none of it.

The world isn't fair, but until the revolution there's nothing you can do about it, so I wouldn't be too worried about the service industry.
>>
I love how everyone says "but if people don't tip you'll get shit service!". It's like waiters are such entitled pricks that they'll throw a tantrum if they don't get their $400 a night free handout.
>>
>>7063271
>a pay raise that will increase overall menu prices at the restaurant 12-15%, according to Restaurant Business.

Wow. So actually paying your employees like you're supposed to hurts your overhead pretty bad, it seems.
>>
JOE'S YES

Haven't eaten at one in a few years but never had a bad meal there. Cool place, will definitely visit again.
>>
>>7065939
>revolution
The world always has been, and always will be this way.
Just live the best quality life you can and be righteous in your actions. Without evil there can be no good, remember.
>>
So fucking glad, I hate tipping it's just more money out of my pocket
>>
>>7065977
Tipping doesn't even exist in Asia.

I been to Taiwan and Japan and no one tips at all.
>>
>>7066057
literally just don't tip
>>
>>7063271

nontipping scum blown the fuck out

it seems whining for years has now resulted in you paying more for food, while those that used to tip will not be paying more
>>
>Ban tipping
>Increase menu costs by 15%

So the outcome for the consumer is no difference?

I dont know if its that same system as we have in the UK where servers are responsible for declaring tips as part of their income and supposed to be taxed? Which they never do. If its a similar system, this just means servers lose out because they get taxed more.
>>
>>7066068
How are you actually paying more? Now it's included in the price of the food and done with so I don't have to deal with it.

You're just being a scumbag and not considering the price of the tip with the mean in the overall price. You're the scumbag by thinking that I should have to spend any time to consider it when I go out.

Your employer should pay you scumbag, I shouldn't have to.
>>
>>7066074
There's a big difference, it's that the consumer doesn't have to deal with it nor should the consumer have to deal with it.

I have no need to pay employees that the employer s
>>
This may lead to bad service, at first. Serving is not a job that requires any skills. Plenty of people will be lined up to take these jobs, people who will do their job correctly without having to be given extra rewards like entitled children. The only job I feel justifies tipping are delivery jobs where the driver uses their own vehicle.
>>
>>7066079

> how are you paying more

it literally says they raised the prices.
>>
>>7066084
... I have no need to pay people that aren't in my employ. That's the job of the employer not the customer of a restaurant.
>>
>>7066074
The IRS is getting pretty picky about server tax.
>>
>>7066086
Bullshit.
>>
>>7066074
The difference for the average consumer is no difference, the difference for sociopaths is a 15% increase in price.
>>
>>7066102
I don't give a flying fuck about servers.
Pay your taxes or don't that's not my problem, I don't want to have to deal with stupid tips.

GET IT, IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM AS A CUSTOMER.
>>
> worse workers
> higher prices for customers

how did they think this was a good idea?
>>
>>7066122
Why do presume that it would be any different than it is now, you self centered sack of shit.
>>
>>7066144

why would paying servers less and charging more be different?
>>
>>7066122
>entitled shit heads leave
>humble hard working people happy to work for $15/hr replace them
Sounds like a win for the customer to me.
>>
stop this worse workers meme
Do your job or you get replaced, there will be only so many times a customer complains about FoH before the manager finds people who give a shit.
>>
>>7066149
Because it's not about you,it's about the customers and for the price increase you'll be making the same. Svared of competition are you?
>>
The McDonalds workers where I live are going on strike to demand a $15 an hour wage.

I used to work at Panera Bread for $7.35, so I'm thinking of hitting up the manager and offering to go in for training the next day for $8
>>
>>7066186
If you can, wait until the law kicks in, that way they can't grandfather in the old wage, though I don't now how it will be implemented.
>>
>>7063345
first of all
not everybody deserves a living wage for the work they do. If their job can literally be done by the customer with an ipad on the table, they don't deserve shit for it.

second
my friend who is a bartender declared $9000 in income last year, hes in the top tier percentile for poverty and gets all the assistance that comes with it. meanwhile his take home is more than mine because he pulls in at least $150 in tips for 4 hours of "work" on a week night. A few hundred a night if its a weekend.

this is an overall huge pay cut for the wait staff. which is a good thing.
>>
>>7066370
>not everybody deserves a living wage for the work they do
I agree, however
>everybody deserves a living wage
If work that sustains a person is not available, then it behooves the government to provide for them.
>>
>>7063271
WHO the fuck eats at Joe's Crab Shack that isn't in a flyover state? Holy shit I went there once because a friend loved it and was disgusted they called those things crabs.
>>
>>7066392
>then it behooves the government to provide for them
they get plenty, they have food stamps and assisted living for people who can't afford anything better. Your basic necessities are taken care of for you.
it is their fault if the decide to spend the assistance they get on doritos and pepsi

now you're being greedy if you think they deserve things like air conditioning, high speed internet, cars, and smart phones which is what most people think of as "surviving"
>>
>>7066401
Most Americans live in flyover states, deal with it.

Noone cares what hipsters think is good food.
>>
>>7066402
A living wage is not a surviving wage, it is a wage where people can thrive.
>>
>>7066412
if you need help to survive, I am here to help you and the government should be too.
If you are talking about thriving, you're on your own. there are no such guarantees in life. You should appreciate that anyone even cares enough to help your incompetent ass stay alive.
>>
>>7066406
No I mean why if you live near the ocean with actual good seafood, would you go to a place like this. It just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>7066419
Locke says that it is our inalienable right to provide for ourselves from the land. Those that were not born with the means of access to land must be compensated by the government who controls the land laws.

This means housing, food, medical care, and education should all be provided to those in need to give them the opportunity to provide for themselves through the workplace.
>>
>>7066431
they are, so what's the problem here?

but you are wrong if you want to say people have a right to government assistance, because people rather explicitly do not have such a thing.
but that is also an excuse, anyone can just fuck off into the wild and take care of themselves if they choose to. People just don't want to do that.

I have never been to a farm in my life, but if I chose to I could be working on one by this time tomorrow and getting financial compensation while I learn about living off the land. as can anybody else who would choose to do so.
>>
>>7066449
There is no wild left. It is all owned by people or the government.
>>
>>7066475
you can try homesteading. There are places throughout the USA where you can still move and lay claim to even though the government technically owns it. once certain conditions are met ownership transfers over to you.
but even still you can buy 10 acres of land for like 40k in rural areas. It's not like land is expensive

I realize 40k is a lot for some people but that was just an example, who the fuh needs 10 acres of land just for living on?
>>
This will fail and I will laugh

Not that it matters to all the poorfags here who can't afford to eat out, but mask it as an irrational hatred of tipping.

>servers earn less
>service suffers
>owners make bank

Good goys
>>
>>7066428
its the exact same food as 95% of local non-chain places
>>
>>7066475
You are fucking retarded. Look at a population density map.
The midwest with those huge states? Fucking empty. Alaska? Empty. Look at fucking electoral college numbers. There are states that are massive and have tiny numbers. The East and West coast is overpopulated, there is land everywhere in the U.S., but
>flyover meme :^)
>>
>>7063337
I love how shitheel nobodies have the sheer audacity to try and dictate what someone else does or does not "deserve". You are no one and you have no power over the lives of others, no matter how desperately you may crave it. You do not get to decent who "deserves" anything.
>>
>>7063361
>Little Lord Fauntleroy wants waiters to stand over his table ready to snap into action when he needs something

kek you're no where near that important, faggt.
>>
>>7066533
you are guilty of the same thing if you were to say they deserve more for their work
but actually as a tipper you definitely do get to dictate what someone deserves, you are paying them for a service.
>>
first it's the tips, next it's the guns, then it's the freedoms.
>>
>>7066370
You come across as hitler and you know how far that one went.
>>
>>7063410
So everyone should just find "better jobs" right? Then who is going to bring food and sugary carbonated water to you and your fat fucking family. Modern America requires massive amounts of service-industry jobs. Not everyone can be a doctor or lawyer or entitled little faggot like you. We will always need dishwashers and shelf stockers and janitors. These people have just s much right to carve out a basic living as anyone else. No one has any right to decide that someone should earn less than a living wage because they personally deem a job not important enough (even while they deal with fat diabetic scumbags like you every day).
>>
>>7065866
Name one.
>>
>>7066520
Lots of land without people. Try to find a single acre that isn't already claimed by someone.
I believe you are the fucking retard.
>>
>>7066572
if I'm being perfectly honest, eugenics is a fantastic idea and we should be investing in that shit hard. I want humanity to reach its potential, I want to see my species thrive, but that would mean trimming the fat.
I would much rather see a species of a few million elite, intelligent, attractive, healthy, capable people working towards a better tomorrow instead of having to prop up the other 7 billion who aren't worth shit.
>>
>>7066087
But you don't tip anymore so it more or less evens out. Think before you speak.
>>
>>7066585
Eugenics is stupid as fuck until we can map the complete genome.

The cure to cancer could be sitting there in some random gene that won't ever reproduce because you decided the owner wasn't smart enough.
>>
>>7066585
"if you're being..." So you don't know, then why should I?
>>
>>7066593
I wouldn't wait for some kind of anti-cancer mutation to happen, I would breed people with a clean bloodline and eventually we would have our own.

There would be 3 tiers
purge, for cripples, retards, addicts, all that stuff
passive, people who have contributions to make by ways other than genetics
breeding, which will be our smallest percent of the population at first until it eventually became the majority of our population
>>
>>7066630
>>7066585
Who let >>>/pol/ out of their containment board?
>>
>>7066638
my only regret is I will never achieve my dream. the underclass has difficulty accepting progress when it means their elimination.
>>
>>7066638
The funniest thing is that these people think they would survive their purges. Anyone who thinks they have better genes and posts about it on the internet is most likely sub-normal and Hitler would have sent them to the camps after the Commies and before the gypsies.
>>
>>7063277
Banned tippi g and black kitten! It's a good day
>>
fuckin joes crab shack the best ever, that shrimp trio, get out if you don't order the shrimp trio, also why did your ass close down in cascades VA? stupid penis?
>>
File: 1446322298226.jpg (39 KB, 640x629) Image search: [Google]
1446322298226.jpg
39 KB, 640x629
>there are people in this very thread that actually believe welfare is a HUMAN RIGHT

Just like college, right?
>>
>>7066640
>"The underclass"

Holy fuck, check that fedora. YOU are the underclass, tried and true. Please start your final solution with yourself.
>>
>>7066970
Just like free health care and education and access to plumbing ammirite?
>>
>>7066979
None of those things are human rights, you little shit. Nothing that requires the resources of someone else is a human right.

If no one can afford to pay a teacher, should you expect they work for free because "muh right to education"?
>>
>>7066983
Reread your classical liberalism. Owning property is not a natural right either. People have the right to take whatever they please to feed themselves.

However, people don't like being the recipients of violence, so they traded away some of their rights in exchange for the community to recognize property claims. This social contract established the system for legal rights. However no man is required to support a system he feels is intolerable. So the government must pander to the people to avoid being overthrown.

The people had the natural right to support themselves. However the legal rights of property ownership has made that impossible in some cases. It is the government's duty to provide for these people. And everyone else's duty to assist the government. If we do not provide for the desperate they will remove themselves from the social contract and demonstrate their natural rights. IE they will steal from you, and kill you.
>>
>>7066983
>Nothing that requires the resources of someone else is a human right.
So basically breathing is the only human right?

>>7066983
>If no one can afford to pay a teacher, should you expect they work for free because "muh right to education"?
If we don't want society to go down in flames, yeah.
>>
>>7063271

Another 12 to 15 percent on menu prices? It's already an arm and a leg. I'll just resume never going there.
>>
>>7067002
Which philosopher is this? These are my exact feelings so I want to know who to read in order to understand why I feel them.
>>
>>7067002
Way to completely ignore the question. What makes you think that if a nation already can't afford something, trying to subsidize it through tax payer dollars on top of the infrastructure of a shitty bureaucracy will accomplish anything other than low quality of life for everyone, all around in exchange for slightly less terrible, but still terrible quality of life for the poor?

You think justification for giving away tax payer dollars to poor people is "they will have a hissy fit if you don't"? What you're describing is nothing more than a welfare state.

It's standards like plumbing and minimum wage that make it significantly more difficult for homeless and the like to get off their feet. In the same vein, it's government aid and unemployment that makes someone question "why work when I can get the same wage for free?"

If anything, aid should be given through charity only.
>>
>>7063277
MODS!
>>
>>7066846
Hitler was a drugged out moron who given his own rules should have sent himself to his own gas chambers.
>>
Hitler was a hipocrite sack of shit, he lost sight of the goal which was to eliminate the rules put on them by the Treaty of Versailles from WW I which was stupid, America didn't want that but we were overruled. Germany didn't clear that debt until like 2010 or so and that wasn't neccessary.
>>
Good service and no tipping aren't mutually exclusive things, amerifriends.
>>
The Brits and French were being vindictive fucks and created Hitler with the Treaty of Versailles.
>>
>>7067074
The only people who believe that bullshit and complaining are servers who might have to join the human race and declare their wages. Don't put that shit on the whole of the USA.
>>
>>7063350
love their coconut shrimp and when you order mixed drinks they actually add good amounts of alcohol from what I have seen. I also like when everyone gathers and dances and it makes it fun for taking someone to for their birthday because of what they do. Hooters is also fun for that because they put you on a stool standing while all the girls spank you but hooters doesn't have amazing coconut shrimp.
>>
Gonna have cracky niggers off the street working as servers now because they get more than at mcdonalds and sucking dick on the corner for $2 a pop. Enjoy the hepatitis and HIV and nigger joe servers who want to eat half your food off your plate before it gets to you because they make better money there without having to do the whole work thing and be good at it.
>>
>>7067175
Riiiight, you sound scared and are putting it off on others. How do you get logically from having to do your job without tips to making the same thing and therefore having to declare your wages to hepatitis and HIV and a nigger invasion?

Maybe it's space aliens?
>>
>>7067175
You sound about as scared as islamic sacks of shit scared that western and all nations are finding alternate sources of oil that'll cut them out, since islamic nations have no other sources of income is sure as hell scares the fuck out of them and rightly so.
>>
The islamic prince sacks of shit wont be able to go to the UK or the USA and claim diplomatic immunity when they're busting acting like utter savage scumbuckets.
>>
Meanwhile I design programs that my company uses to print bulk mail for $18 an hour (Not actual coding, it is done with a program)

One fuckup on my part could literally cost the company ONE MILLION US DOLLARS and I only make $4/hr more than them.

Fuck it all
>>
>>7063433
> New York

Cancer of the US detected
>>
>>7067175

Because if a crackhead applies they HAVE to hire them.
>>
>>7067321
If you're underpaid that's your problem, not Joey Crabb's.
>>
>>7067321

You see this is why this country is shit, we keep looking it as why arent i being treated better than anyone else i have a right to have my assed kissed more waah.

When in reality this is an issue of people being able to afford at the very least a goddamn one bedroom apartment or studio and be able to feed and clothe themselves. You keep making it an issue about you rather than an issue at large. Selfish pricks like you is the reason we cant make any goddamn progress
>>
>>7066449

No offense but you would probably starve to death, farming is actually pretty hard. Historically and even to this day farmers consistently are taking it on the chin.
>>
>paying someone extra just for doing their job
Do you tip your surgeon his job seems rather complicated?also
>don't tip people fuck with your shit
Oh so EXTORTION.
>>
>>7065977
Working as a server I'm lucky to rake in over 100 after ten hours. Stop being ridiculous.
>>
>>7067062
Exactly
>>
>>7067460
>extortion
Lol whachu gon do Lil drama bitch
>>
>>7066573
>So everyone should just find "better jobs" right? Then who is going to bring food and sugary carbonated water to you and your fat fucking family.
Robots and machines, as it should be. There is no reason for people to be involved in most restaurant tasks. Fuck, machines can even detect the doneness of meat already, no more having to send your steak back because the min wage druggie in the kitchen overcooked it. Leave the "human experience" to a few niche diners and let the real restaurants have the progress.
>>
>>7066970
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Article 25
(1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
>>
>complain they need tips because of wage
>wage increases but complain because no tips
k
>>
>>7066582
you're a joke
>>
The cost of these robots and their maintinance is going to be applied to the customer enjoy a robot served steak for 90$ dipshit
>>
>>7067546
You realize the UDHR is non binding to any nation right? Its just an idealistic set of goals proposed by the UN.
>>
>>7067501
Two possibilities:
1) You're a shit server
2) You're working in a shit restaurant

Most servers will clear $100 in a couple hours.
>>
>>7067603
I have a relative that could clear 200 bucks a night.
>>
>>7067554
Just like how cars and TVs back when they were first invented and assembled by hand were so much cheaper than they are now, amirite? Automation makes the end product cost less, not more.
>>
>>7063301
Great, then I can work there because I'm still making a hell of a lot more.

The entitlement smells and everyone is starting to notice.
>>
>>7067030
It is my own person dissection of the movement, But it is mostly based upon Locke.
>>
>>7067055
1. The poorest among us live better than many in other countries.

2. Nothing wrong with a welfare state.

3. Employment is quickly becoming outdated. A third of jobs are artificially created to keep people employed.

4. Charity rarely accounts for more than a third of social benefits.
>>
>>7067382
My solution is to give everyone 10000 dollars a year.

Suddenly people can survive without their mcjobs.

Many of them will choose to continue working, because money is the American dream, but their survival is no longer connected to their job.

This will allow them to negotiate for higher wages, as the new smaller work force gives them leverage.

Those making a higher wage will also benefit, as they too will be receiving their yearly stipend.
>>
>>7067548
This post doesn't even contain a proper argument.

You are the one who is a joke.
>>
A minimal wage should be that at 40 hours it can support a single parent with one child. If it cannot then the government (me) is subsidizing a business to work. The business/customers should be paying, not me.
>>
Wait wait wait wait
I work in a medical lab with constant overtime and long hours without access to water
And am literally constantly exposed to HIV, hepatitis, herpes, etc with only thin gloves that roll down your wrists, and goggles to protect me.
...and servers at Joe's Crab Shack make more than me
>>
>>7067501
>>7067603
Third possibility: you're ugly.

My milf of a mom used to pull in about 500 to 1k a night working at the waffle house Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Normal days were about 200-300 bucks. No she wasn't a prostitute.
>>
>>7068043
And people who work in gas stations and have a pretty good chance of getting shot in third world countries by burglars get paid jackshit. There are all sorts of high skill jobs where you get paid with actual pieces of shit.

Life isn't fair son, you should know this by now and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it which would actually make a difference.
>>
>>7068043
so what? everyone else shouldn't get paid well just 'cause you don't?
>>
>>7068043
Sounds like it's time to get a job at Joe's Crab Shack.

By the way, they've BEEN making more than you. Waiters make a shit ton of money.
>>
>>7068043
I used to make 16/h as a night security officer. I'd spend 8 hours sitting at a desk reading books.
>>
>>7068286
Bullshit, your mom was sucking dick on the side for "tips".
Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.