[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys so i started a new diet and it calls for a couple of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Birdman-reducto.gif (17 KB, 247x335) Image search: [Google]
Birdman-reducto.gif
17 KB, 247x335
hey guys so i started a new diet and it calls for a couple of things i dont like. is there anyway i can replace the following with something else that is of equal nutritional value.?
cherry tomatoes
bananas
orange juice
>>
Actually, if you outright omit them instead of replacing them, it could be better for you. Do you realize how much sugar is in bananas and orange juice?

If you need to replace them with something, then use spinach or kale or something.
>>
No subs. Find another diet. or don't diet. depends on the goals.
>>
>>7062586
yes, basically i make a smoothie right now thats banana, oj, spinach and whey. i dont really like oj or bananas what would be a good substitue thats just as healthy.

as for the tomatoes im just trying to get veggies so should i go carrots and broccoli ?
>>
>>7062576

Fruits have alot of simple sugars but they also have a lot of other nutritional value. As long as you're not eating them in excess it's fine.
>>
tomatoes are a fruit with high sugar.
>>
Just eat whatever you fucking want under the calorie limit. Stick to lean meats, veggies and whole grains and you will be fine
>>
>>7062598

"Healthy" isn't a simple blanket term. There are essential nutrients our body needs to function, for proper nutrition we need all of them. If you eat nothing but kale and acai you'll still have malnutrition issues because of all the missing nutrients.

Eat a nutritionally balanced diet in proper proportions.
>>
>>7062616
that was basically the point of the post, i dont like the taste of the items mentioned so i was looking for something that would be near equivalent in nutritional value that i prefer the taste of. ie are carrots similar to tomatoes in nutritional value?
strawberries for bananas?
etc?
>>
>>7062576
Cherry Tomatoes to Broccoli.
Bananas to Dates.
Orange Juice to Apple Juice.
>>
>>7062638
You shouldn't need to think about it, if you're eating a variety of foods you'll be covering everything
>>
>>7062638

No, they are not the same. If you want something similar you need to eat a similar type of food like instead of orange juice some other type of citrus fruit. You don't need to be so exact in your selection of foods if you eat a varied diet of foods. Just follow a general guide of food groups and portions sizes.

If on the other hand you're body building and trying to optimize your diet for that last scrap of efficiency then consult a real nutritionist for your meal planning.
>>
>>7062586
bananas also have less than 2% fat, so they're great for dieting.

Also, op, just put bananas in smoothies, it's more likely you just hate the texture than the actual taste.
>>
>>7062678
I second this, especially if frozen for a day or two.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.