[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does cu/ck/ think of the Chipotle-style restaurants where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
File: 1443814205570.jpg (24 KB, 501x382) Image search: [Google]
1443814205570.jpg
24 KB, 501x382
What does cu/ck/ think of the Chipotle-style restaurants where you pick and choose what you want and have your meal created right before you, while walking down the serving aisle?
>>
Fast food quality with added human interaction. It's worse than going to the dentist.
>>
ingredients never taste as fresh as they claim, usually disappointed
>>
>>7062236

It's nice to see your food being made in front of you.
>>
Ive never been to Chipotle. Should I go?
>>
>>7062258
You should probably end yourself first, faggot
>>
somehow my shit gets cold super fast no matter where I go that is fast food. I don't get it. I think I'm a slow eater.
>>
>>7062236
Annoyed. I want to just order something and have it be good because someone else put in the time and effort to work out the balances of flavor and texture for that particular dish. I have no desire to have to specify every fucking ingredient in my meal. I can see how this might be a fussy eater's dream come true, but it isn't for me.
>>
>>7062236
>Chipotle-style
To give credit where it's due that model was popularized by Subway
>>
>paying premium for cafeteria food

more fast food threads on a cooking board yep yep yep keep 'em coming top memes gents
>>
>>7062236
I really like this. I like the indian place by me. even though the food sits there for 18 hours, I still find it nice to look at the selection.
>>
>>7062278
This. I'm not the chef, I don't know the quality of the different ingredients and how they compliment or clash with each other. I like sandwich and burrito places where somebody took the time to think up good combinations. I always order it how it comes too, no substituting shit.
>>
>>7062318
thanks 4 da bump, lad :^)
>>
>>7062332
>like sandwich and burrito places where somebody took the time to think up good combinations. I always order it how it comes too, no substituting shit.
Amen, brother. Fuck those picky eaters.
>>
>>7062258

It's like one step up from Taco Bell in terms of quality and about three steps up in terms of price.
>>
>>7062338
Yup. I'm almost autistic about ordering things exactly how they are meant to be prepared. The way I see it the owner or chef is sort of an artist and the items on the menu are his work. To me changing out parts of the food are the equivalent of buying a painting and changing the parts I don't like by painting over it. The way it is on the menu is the way the chef/burrito sandwich artist intended for me to experience it. If there's something on it I don't like I would order something else instead of changing it.
>>
>>7062345
Let me add:
Both are equally Mexican (as in not at all). Both are unhealthy fast food crap, but Chipotle is made with a few more recognizable ingredients, some of which are actual vegetable matter, so people convince themselves it's a healthy alternative to fast food instead of the marginally healthier (at best) take on fast food that it actually is. You can think of it as fast food for the kind of people who say they don't eat fast food.
>>
>>7062236
It is awkward and I really really hate the super fake happy bullshit the people put on.
>>
>>7062355
>Yup. I'm almost autistic about ordering things exactly how they are meant to be prepared.
That only works if the place puts some thought, care and pride into what they do. That gets tougher to find at fast food level shit. But even there someone somewhere worked that shit out. And chances are they have a better chance of working something at least passable out than I do standing in a line calling out random ingredients while hungry.
>>
>>7062355
>Im almost autistic

No mate, you sound fully fucking autist from here
>>
I'd rather go to benihana.
>>
It's cold fast because hold to temp=lawsuit.
>>
I'm kind of split with it. I like the options but most of the time I don't know what the fuck you add on to my food. Whenever I go to subway if I get a cold sandwich I just get every vegetable they have on it except avocado which is always delicious but I Tried this same method at a place thats like that but with middle eastern food. Ended up mixing all kinds of shit together that just made me feel disappointed after eating it.
>>
>>7062364
I've been told that they use WAY too much salt.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 361x631) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 361x631
>>7062236
ordering a low wage food laborer to do stuff and then watching him scoop up the wrong rice evn though i said brown just makes me wish i was doing it myself or he were a computer.

at least they're not letting patrons scoop it themselves: dirty fucks.
>>
>Go to subway
>"Everything except pickles and jalapenos"
>receive a phonecall so look away
>all he put in was pickles and jalapenos

and thats the last time I went to subway
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2816x2112
>>7063079

>working at subway
>guy makes a super vague order for "everything" except pickles and jalapenos
>he turns around to talk on the phone
>fuck his sandwich up so he never comes back
>>
>>7063090
It's a common way to order, and I really fucking emphasised the EXCEPT
>>
>>7063079

subway fucking sucks. one time i was getting a veggie delight and they fucking ASKED me what i wanted on it...what the fuck? i mean i expected they had the sandwhich already designed with ingredients in mine, but apparently its just "choose whatever you want".

subway doesnt have any subs with ingredients or anything....you always just choose. whats the fucking point. even at my local convenience store they have most of the shit already on the order and you just choose what kind of bread or whatever
>>
>>7063099
He did it on purpose because you're a rude cunt who takes phone calls while they're ordering at a restaurant
>>
File: 1422194996452.png (13 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
1422194996452.png
13 KB, 381x380
>>7062332

I strongly disagree. Taste is extremely subjective. What has been designed by the artists is a product that will appeal to the greatest number of patrons. By not customizing your order to suit you specific taste, you have ensured a life of mediocrity for yourself, you boring fuck.
>>
I go to Freebirds and it's pretty damn good for fast food.
>>
>>7062236
I think that grilled steak, grilled chicken, and other such foods should be eaten promptly after they are prepared, not left to soak in their own juices in a steamer tray or under a heat lamp for hours, and I avoid places that do that like the plague unless I have an entirely free meal dropped in my lap by a well-meaning coworker.
>>
>>7062236
So, a fancy canteen?
>>
>>7063292
This.

Unless you are going to a really good michelin star restaurant, you are guaranteed to be eating food picked to be liked by the lowest common denominator. Enjoy your trash existence.
>>
>>7062355
Food isn't art.
>>
>>7062371
This. The "my pleasure!" response to everything at Chik-Fil-A is a bit over the top, too.
>>
>>7063292
>>7063659
>you are guaranteed to be eating food picked to be liked by the lowest common denominator.
This is true of any chain restaurant or mom and pop joint that gets their ingredients from SYSCO or US Foods. But I would argue with the kind of cheap, shitty food served at these places starts out fucked up enough. Take Chipotle, for example. You're starting off with a stale flour tortilla that came out of a plastic bag. And your options include pre shredded cheese, over salted beans, under seasoned meats and mild salsas. Lightning has to strike for a combination of those ingredients to be anything better than mediocre. They're pretty much counting on the smug feeling you get from customizing your order keeps you from noticing the mediocrity of what you end up shoving into your face.
>>
Moe's is one my favorite places for a cheap night out. Going there tonight.
>>
>>7063661
>Food isn't art.
At a certain level it is, but most of us don't get to eat that level of food very often.

Art is a matter of intent on the part of the creator. Most restaurants strive to remove any trace of artistic intent on the part of the person putting your food together so as to assure consistency and profitability. Everyone from a short order cook to a sandwich artist to a line cook at a high end place is an automaton. Any artistry in the food comes from a flash of inspiration on the part of whoever decided to put that combination of ingredients together that particular way. But it's far more craft that art.

You can find food that's created with an intent that would qualify as art, though. Any place that is driven by the vision of one person, often a chef, sometimes a dedicated owner/cook. I would argue that the pizza Dom DeMarco painstakingly makes at DiFara or anything that came out of the kitchen at the now closed wd50 qualifies as art. Regardless of whether either would be your cup of tea those are examples of food created under a clear artistic vision with the intent of being more than just a meal.

If Duchamp's urinal and GG Allin naked throwing his own shit at an audience can be art there is absolutely no reason a meal made with artistic intent cannot qualify as art.
>>
>>7062236
I hate them. Even when I enjoy their food, I avoid going because I get too nervous when ordering.
>>
>>7062236
I hate Chipotle because it's a mating ground for left-wingers, hipsters and SWPLs. Subway is alright if you get past the fact that it is shit-tier food.

ie. don't go to these places
>>
They're great for fatshaming ambulocetii. I only go once in a great while but when i do i make a spectacle out of it with like two fully loaded burritos with extra helpings of beetus and make sure to eat it front of some whales so they continue to imagine they can eat this garbage everyday and become fit and athletic like me.

works every time.
>>
>>7064051
>I hate Chipotle because it's a mating ground for left-wingers, hipsters and SWPLs.
While it is emblematic of the kind of bland fake ethnic food favored by educated affluent white people a better reason to hate it is because it's boring, and life is too short to eat boring food.
>>
>>7064072
You definitely sound secure in your body image. btw /fit/ memes aren't meant to be taken seriously.
>>
>>7062236
I know a really nice one in a city i'm often in. Very cheap, good quality and filling. Half hour queue down the street every day at lunch time.
>>
>>7062434
But that's exactly what OP described.
>>
>>7062236
chipolte is just subway for mexican food
>>
>>7063079
>fags who order everything
>wasting a bunch of my time even they know it's going to fall apart and all over my table
>stick a bunch of jalapenos in one bite using sleight of hand
fuck you
>>
>>7063079
Subway workers are specifically known for getting platinum mad if you order while on your phone or have a phone out at all
>>
hate them

higher quality food than regular fast food places but I have to talk more to order

I just want to order with a number and get preset combinations
>>
>>7062236
inhuman
>>
>>7062292
Which was being used by Jersey Mike's for years beforehand. Somebody else probably did it before then, in fact I'm sure of it.
>>
>>7063215
He had already placed his order, then he took a phone call. Looking away is his problem though. I don't go to subway because they charge extra for bacon on a "club"
>>
>>7064072
lmao fat people dont care about you man
>>
>>7065711
Absolutely, but it's amazing how Subway went from being nobody to a major player in fast food on the strength of that model and the Fat Pedo Lost Weight Eating Our Food ad campaign.
>>
>>7065552
Really?
>>
>>7063072
hey, i've actually been to this place in bangkok
no chill dog when i was there tho
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.