[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
no oven
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I have no oven where I live and was wondering, are there any ways to make dishes you would normally need an oven for on a hotplate, like bread, pies, and cookies? Specifically, I have a NuWave Induction Cooktop, one 11" pan and 1 small pot
>>
>>7061067
Get a toaster oven from the good will for $5.00
>>
>>7061102
not allowed in my dorm, fire hazard. A toaster oven is rather big too, would be a hassle to hide it when i wasn't using it
>>
>>7061067
If you live in the US I'm pretty sure universities are legally required to have at least one oven in a domicile facility, Anon. Ask where it is.

As for things not using it, you're looking at fermenting your own hard cider, lots of sandwiches and microwaveable recipes, and drinks.
>>
>>7061067
See if you can scrape together the money for an electric pressure cooker. It's unlikely to be labeled a fire hazard, and the electric ones also usually have slow cooker and browning/sauteing modes for added utility. It can do a lot of the same things an oven can, although I wouldn't recommend it for baking bread or anything else with a crust.
>>
>>7061067
put some ice cream in a mug with some flour and like chopped bananas and/or chocolate chip and microwave it. since ice cream basically has all the shit batter does in it, you can basically make cakey bread stuff
>>
>>7061975
>ice cream basically has all the shit batter does in it
oh my
>>
>>7061067
Get your life together, dude. No oven? It's 2015.

>ISHYGDDT
>>
>>7061987
no bully!! im new at this too let me live
>>
>>7061107
>dorm
>kid friendly
Is that an image someone else made and you found? Couldn't find one that fit better? Starve out and die.
>>
File: 1446175944428.png (387 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
1446175944428.png
387 KB, 598x369
>>7061107
It's not hard to hide them, anon. Unless your RAs are nazis that check every cupboard, that is.
>>
I would suggest carbonara
>>
>>7061067
Can you make bakery shit without an oven? No, not really. Pancakes are about the closest you're going to get.
>>
Get a crockpot and rice cooker and live off of curries and stews like I did
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.