[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Considering getting a sausage stuffer what goes into making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: sausages_3060919b.jpg (93 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
sausages_3060919b.jpg
93 KB, 620x387
Considering getting a sausage stuffer

what goes into making a good sausage?
>>
muh dik
>>
>>7059430
Meat, fat, herbs and spices.
>>
Obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLX4NYrW1bI
>>
>>7059477
I'm going to have to send this to my brother since he knows German.
>>
>>7059607
The funny part is that bratwurstsange means sausage song
bratwurstzange on the other hand, means sausage tongs.
When you know this, the lyrics make a lot more sense.
>>
>>7059430
Meat, fat, all the grisly bits that can't be used otherwise if you can get away with it.
>>
>>7059477
That girl is a little rough looking
>>
>>7059430
if you have a kitchenaid mixer it's much cheaper to just get the attachment for it
>>
>sausage stuffer
Waste of money. Get a set of pastry bag tips instead. To make sausages, get a large food-storage bag and make a hole in one of the corners then patch it with a pastry bag tip.
Fill the bag with sausage fixings and affix a casing over the tip.
Gently squeeze fixings into the casing. Don't be overzealous or you make break the bag.
That's all you need.
>>
>>7060147
Oh, and as for what makes a good sausage: depends entirely on your tastes.
I make homemade 100% pork hot dogs, for example. That uses pink salt and egg whites. There are supposed to be some spices in there, but you know what? I fucking cheat. I use Goya ham stock powder instead of the spices and regular salt. Works a dream. Anyway, squeeze into the casing, twisting off every 15cm/6in or so, then boil the links. Finally, smoke'em. Cold smoke. About 55°C/130°F. Any smoking wood is generally fine, though I personally prefer fruit woods, cherry being a favourite.

I also make fresh sausages, but I don't generally follow any semblance of a recipe when I do, just tossing this, that and the other into the mix, depending what I've got on hand and my mood at the time. The last one I made was a sausage version of mtewem, which are lamb meatballs flavoured with cumin, paprika and LOTS of garlic ('mtewem' in durka durka means 'with lots of garlic').
>>
>i don't know how to make this thing
>i'm going to buy a piece of equipment made solely to make thing thing
>>
>>7059430
>sausage stuffer
your mum. No need to look far.
>>
>>7059430
In southern italy they make sausage with fennel seeds and spicy peperoncini.
In central italy they use garlic and black pepper. Both are pork.

Try these two out! (Both are pork).

Also when I was in Murka I had some sausage with maple syroup in it. Tasted GOOD.
>>
>>7059477
it's 3 gay germans and a tranny singing about sausages
>>
>>7059430

https://youtu.be/bRu-P9cVR0k
This guy has a bunch of good looking recipes.
>>
>>7059627
I should have taken more German in high school when I had the chance. It was an elective in NYC at the time. Now it's probably nigger bonics or some shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.