[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anchovies on Pizza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: oh god why.jpg (79 KB, 274x238) Image search: [Google]
oh god why.jpg
79 KB, 274x238
Just tried an anchovy pizza today.

>smells like a dirty harbor
>suspect it might just taste kinda salty
>first bite not part of anchovy
>tastes like it smells
>second bite tip of anchovy
>literally the worst thing I ever tasted
>probably gonna smell like it for two days off that one bite

Who the fuck eats this shit?
>>
people who like salt and fish
>>
>>7059404
Edgelords mostly
>>
>mfw the idea of eating a whole fish scales and all

vomitloli.png
>>
>>7059404
I think anchovies are best cooked into the sauce and much better on the pizza itself because they add flavor and not too much saltiness are smoked sardines.
>>
>>7059404
I had fisherman's eggs this morning, plan to do it again tomorrow. Shits good breh
>>
>>7059404
I don't like anchovies cooked on the pizza, but instead add them at the table. They can be an acquired taste, so maybe when you come to your senses you'll like them
>>
Dat salt
>>
>>7059404
I respect your opinion and your objection to the salt, but I very much enjoy that almost jaw clenching saltiness of anchovies and capers paired with a nice sweet red sauce. I find basil is such a nice counterbalance and if the cheese is a legit smoked buffalo motz, I'm in fucking heaven.
>>
Shit is bomb, please refine your baby pallet before having opinions.
>>
Anchovies are amazing, and are the only topping that can turn an average pizza into something really great, assuming you use halfway decent anchovies.
>>
>not liking anchovies

Anchovies are clearly the pizza topping of choice for the eater with a mature palette.
>>
>>7059404
Anchovies are like MSG bombs. They are the ultimate pizza topping.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 480x270
>>7059667
>pallet

Fucking amateur hour I swear to god
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 543x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 543x271
>>7059724
Jesus, can we get a third attempt? There's only three spellings, I'm hoping someone around here writes at a high school level.
>>
>>7059404
Anchovies are THE God Tier ingredient. If you can't appreciate them you are an unredeemable pleb. Just don't put the whole fucking can on the pizza. 1 anchovy per slice is more than enough.
>>
today I ate a can of kippers on rice crackers with sesame seeds and soy sauce

deal with it
>>
>>7059404
>Be me
>Work in Pizza Hut
>Tried almost every combination available with the shitty PH ingredients
>White sauce, double anchovy, roquito peppers, grilled red onion is GOAT
>Sometimes add pineapple if im in a fruity mood
>>
>>7059768
clearly you do, so enlighten us from atop your pedestal.
>>
>>7059768
pallot
>>
>>7059936
it's palate
t. not that guy
>>
>>7059404
It's good if you're using maybe one anchovy per slice at the very most.

They just add a nice salty bite to a pizza. I like them with hot peppers and onions.
>>
>>7059724
Yeah for the "mature" ones sucking dick in Chelsea and on Christopher Street.
>>
I love anchovies, but the problem with anchovies on pizza, and why I rarely ever have them on pizza (except when I'm making my own) is that whole anchovy fillets don't have enough time in the baking process to dissolve enough to change from "strong fish odor and taste" to "salty, savory goodness". For example, if you chop up anchovies and saute them in a pan (using some of the oil they came in), they will cook and dissolve down to just a savory, salty, slighty fishy paste.
When I put anchovies on pizza, I chop them into small bits and add them judiciously to the top, OR, I cook them in the pizza sauce.

All that said, if you use pacific white anchovies, you CAN put whole fillets on the pizza, because white anchovies are larger and have a milder flavor than Portuguese, Spanish, or Moroccan anchovies.
>>
>>7060011
That's why they're put into the sauce to dissolve and smoked sardines are put onto the pie.
>>
>>7060019
I find this completely acceptable. :)
>>
>>7059953
>my best friend's surname

Bravo, anon, bravo.
>>
I like mine plain mostly but if I don't want to share I usually get anchovies because a lot of people don't like them but I do. Or I'll get meatball and olives. I don't know many people who like that either
>>
File: ugh.gif (1 MB, 332x221) Image search: [Google]
ugh.gif
1 MB, 332x221
>>7059755
>can't handle anything but cheese pizza
>not open to acquired tastes
>criticizing literally anyone else
>>
File: thisiswhatapizzalookslike.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhatapizzalookslike.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>7059404
People who aren't oversensitive autists.
>>
File: 1442407415761-ck.png (1 MB, 784x757) Image search: [Google]
1442407415761-ck.png
1 MB, 784x757
>>7060397
>he doesn't like anchovies
>that must mean he doesn't like anything else
>>
>>7059404
Salty delicious melt in your mouth goodness. How can you not like them?
>>
File: they grow on you.jpg (56 KB, 550x456) Image search: [Google]
they grow on you.jpg
56 KB, 550x456
>>
File: 1445463668197.jpg (67 KB, 456x750) Image search: [Google]
1445463668197.jpg
67 KB, 456x750
>>7059404
My god I love anchovies. That salty kick with the acid of the tomatoes and the melty cheese is fucking fantastic. The smell can be a bit much though.
>Taking it home while it's still warm
>Car smells like fish for a week

From what I gather it's the same reason people like olives on pizza. It's a savory-salty kick.
>>
Been eating anchovies on pizza since i was 17, love em. Especially when there crunchy from the oven its like salty fishey bacon. I remember i got sardines instead one time and i was too bitch to eat them
>>
No more than three on a slice, and it should be a big slice.

One bit of salt, two-three bites of regular cheesiness to let the saltiness dissipate and then repeat.

Anchovies are the best in moderation.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.