[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I buy two Banh Mi sandwiches and eat one for lunch, will I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: IMG00253.jpg (468 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG00253.jpg
468 KB, 1600x1200
If I buy two Banh Mi sandwiches and eat one for lunch, will I have to refrigerate the second one if I want to eat it for dinner, or will it spoil in that amount of time?
>>
>>7054849

>Pâté

Nah you can leave that shit out all day long and totally not die of foodborne illness.
>>
>>7054849
I try not to leave things like meat out for more than a couple of hours. It may still be ok after longer than that, but it may not.

Really depends on the meat and the temperature of wherever you're leaving it.
>>
>>7054849
When I bought mine, I just left it out. But then again, it has mayonnaise, so it's your choice.
>>
>>7054855
By "a couple" do you literally mean 2, or would 4/5 hours be okay, too?

It's 68 degrees in my apartment.
>>
>>7054876
I mean 2, maybe 3. It may last longer at 68 degrees though.

If it's in your apartment, why wouldn't you just stick it in the fridge?
>>
>>7054876
Just put it in the fucking fridge you dense fucker
>>
>>7054885
>>7054886
>putting bread in the fridge
It ruins the texture.
>>
>>7054903
Not enough for it to matter over that short period of time.
>>
>>7054849
It will remain safe to eat for up to 48 hours in direct sunlight.

Don't even worry about it, OP.
>>
Banh Mi with barbecued pork is fucking shit.

You want soft meats on it. Pork depending on the vendor can be tough as hell and unchopped, making you have to gnaw through it.

Also the crispier the carrots+daikon the better.

And yes OP it'll be fine.
>>
>>7054849
I love banh mi. There's a place right by my work that serves Vietnamese food owned by two eternally butthurt old vets that think the US will go back and liberate South Vietnam.
It's fun to listen to their war stories, plus one of their granddaughters works in the store and she's a qt
>>
>>7054849
Viet here, my dad will buy like ~6 sandwiches and throw them in the fridgerator if no one at home eats it. We just use a toaster oven to heat it up again until the bread gets crispy.

It also depends on what you get. We usually get banh mi thit nguoi which just has cold cut meats. I imagine hot subs won't taste as good.
>>
>>7054923

The ones with the pate and cold cuts are the best.
>>
I hate Vietnamese food and if anyone disagrees well then they'll have to get a mod to banh mi if they want to silence mi.
>>
File: rimshot.png (430 KB, 799x600) Image search: [Google]
rimshot.png
430 KB, 799x600
>>7055622
>>
>>7054849
ive left one out for a day and nuked it the next so idk still tasted good

i got the bbq chicken one
>>
since no one here has any insight on this ill tell you what you do

the trick is when you buy the second banh mi, ask them to put the meat and vegetables separate in a plastic bag or something

then when you want to eat, you can toast up the bread without fucking up the meat(this is considering the cold cuts, if you get something else you can leave the meat in)/vegetables
>>
You never know how the original restaurant handled the food.
did they leave it out on the counter?
was is refrigerated properly to begin with?
is it close to being off when you got it?

I wouldn't risk it myself. The food handling at some places is not very good
>>
>>7055724

Banh mi are made to order. That information would be clear when OP ordered it.
>>
>>7055724
they literally make it right in front of you
>>
>>7054854

Sarcasm: the post.
>>
>>7054849

It's just a fucking sandwich made with a baguette Why not make your own?
>>
>>7056276

>haven't been able to master the vietnamese baguette
>>
does everyone here have no immune system that shit will be fine for upto 3days
>>
>>7054849
I'm ServSafe certified

Restaurant standards are above 41F or below 135F for 4 or more hours is unsafe.

Basically, in between 41F and 135F is the 'danger zone' where most bacteria can thrive and multiply.

If you eat first for lunch at noon, it would be best to refrigerate if you're not eating until 6PM. However, it'll probably be fine.
>>
>>7056306

I'm pretty sure everyone knows roughly what the tdz is other than the people running most banh mi shops.

Usually all that shit has spent more than 4 hours sitting out before you even get it, but 4 hours is honestly a really, really small amount of time anyways, despite what the government says.

I'd put my sandwich in the fridge if I wan't going to eat it less than an hour later (unless I'm going hiking or on a train or something).
>>
>>7056326
>the tdz
>the the danger zone
Do you also enter your PIN number at the ATM machine?
>>
>>7056326
Someone at the banh mi shop MUST be ServSafe certified for the place to be open.
>>
>>7056333

TDZ stands for "temperature danger zone".

Maybe it's different where you're from.

>>7056335

Getting certified isn't the same thing as training your staff, or even caring.
>>
Dude i leave all kind of food out for days and nothing has haplened. Quit being pussified
>>
File: 1400508145578.jpg (36 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
1400508145578.jpg
36 KB, 319x319
>>7054849
no
>>
>>7056364
>Getting certified isn't the same thing as training your staff, or even caring.
Very true.
>>
No they won't spoil. i've bought 7 banh mi's at this place they were 3$ each, best in town. I just throw them in the oven then eat even if they are a week old, they are just that good.
>>
Absolutely not. Things don't spoil in the time between lunch and dinner.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.