[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie foods
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5
File: photo-1.jpg (1 MB, 3214x2381) Image search: [Google]
photo-1.jpg
1 MB, 3214x2381
What are your favorite foods to eat while getting cozy and watching movies? Mine is pic related.
>>
>>7053771
You eat crab legs just watching movies?
>>
>>7053771
Same desu.
>>
>>7053779
Of course.
>>
Fuck off.
>>
https://www.google.com/search?q=4chan+crab+legs+site:boards.4chan.org&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&biw=1217&bih=784&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAGoVChMIz-ihuqqAyQIVUs5jCh3bKweB&dpr=1
>>
File: le excited man.jpg (139 KB, 780x889) Image search: [Google]
le excited man.jpg
139 KB, 780x889
>>7053771
based OP! love me some crab legs at the VIP cineplex that opened up recently, those theatres are worth the extra cash from them alone
>>
>>7053771
The crab legs at AMC franchises aren't as good as what I usually get from regal theatres, so I just end up getting popcorn
>>
File: 1446970634808.jpg (49 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1446970634808.jpg
49 KB, 300x400
>>
>>7053779

It's /tv/ shitposters crossboarding.

Just sage, ignore, and report.
>>
What's a good reasonably healthy snack that I can shove into my face while watching a movie, that isn't popcorn or chips? Preferably something that doesn't require a great deal of manual dexterity, and allows me to keep my eyes on the screen rather than watching what I'm doing with my hands.
Bonus points for gluten, wheat, and frucrose free. Also no onions or garlic.

Any ideas welcome. Please and thank you.

>Day 7,684: Still not a robot.
>>
>>7054025
> dear 4chan moderator, someone is posting food on the food board. MAKE IT STAHP.

Find another thread, fuckhead.
>>
>>7054029
Peanuts, unsalted popcorn or other nuts
>>
>>7054030
How about you shit post somewhere else, mutt fucker.
>>
>>7054006
underrated post
>>
>>7054030

>dear 4chan moderator, someone is starting an epic /tv/ meme thread on a slow board in order to start a /tv/ shitposting circle jerk somewhere they know it wont be immediately deleted

Go back to your /b/ 2.0.
>>
>>7054041
>Peanuts, [...] or other nuts
Brilliant! Thank you!!
>>
>>7054042
I didn't start the shitposting. I didn't even start the thread. The thread was fine before you made your mark on it.
>>7054052
Your perspective is skewed. Take a moment to think about what you've just done.
>>
>>7054082

>think about what you've just done

I called a crossboard shitposter a crossboard shitposter, trying to start a non /ck/ shitposting thread on /ck/.

Hopefully anons who have been fortunate enough to not have any experience with your containment board will read my post and realize your thread is non /ck/ shitposting, and realize there's no point responding.

Ideally a mod will happen through and delete this thread.
>>
>>7054092
Life is what you make of it.
This thread is what you make of it.
You failed both.
>>
I usually just devour a packet of plain doritos. Sometimes I'll make a simple tomato-based dipping sauce. Other times I'll go all out and make nachos, but they're a pain to eat while watching a movie bexcause as the cheese cools is solidifies and it ends up being one big solid mass of tortilla chips and cheese.
>>
>>7054072
Really? You needed another stranger on the internet to tell you to eat nuts?
>>
I can't eat crunchy foods like chips while watching movies. The loud crunchy chewing sound in my head makes it hard to hear the dialogue. Does no one else have this problem? ;_;
>>
>>7054129
Yeah, I know. I was amazed that I didn't think of that myself actually.
The simple things are a often overlooked.

embarrassing.jpg
>>
>>7054134
Yup, and pro tip: using in ear headphones makes it worse!

I just turn the volume up and stop chewing through quiet dialogue parts.
>>
>>7053771
buttloads of broccoli, sauted with 0 oil

just the pan, slow fire, the broccoli and a bit of salt

let the smell soak my home

man, fuckign 10/10 friday night meal
>>
>>7054006
Can I get sum extra butter
>>
>>7054146
How do you sneak all that in the movie theater
>>
>>7054182
Not that anon but I once stuck around after the credits and watched the cleanup crew pick up
>3 2 liter bottles of soda
>3 corn on the cobs
>an entire rotisserie chicken(mostly skeletal at this point)
>a box of pizza
>none of which were sold there

This wasn't a huge movie theater but they were notorious for being aggressive and anal about bringing outside food. They wouldn't even let you in if you had anything other than a purse(i saw them deny many backpacks).
Even the staff were laughing and wtfing about it.
>>
>>7053771
Honestly I only like going to the movies for the popcorn. I can make it at home, but butter popcorn is the worst kind of popcorn to make at home because of the extra work involved in clarifying the butter and the fact that as soon as the popcorn cools a little its taste terrible. If Im making popcorn I'd rather make something like kettle corn that will keep for a few days because popcorn is also difficult to make in single serving sizes.
>>
>>7053771
They seasoned crab legs not the meat but the shell.
What kind of place does that?
>>
File: baked-kale-chips.jpg (56 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
baked-kale-chips.jpg
56 KB, 500x360
>>7054029
Baked kale with salt and olive oil
I doubt you can buy these as they're really fragile
>>
>>7054134
So jalapeno kettle chips are out of the question.
>>
You know how you associate listening to songs at certain moments in your life?
I get that with food sometimes.

For example, I associate watching history documentaries on Youtube while eating a bowl of raspberries.
It's almost like a reflex now. I can't have one without the other.
>>
>>7054006
Sorry sir, we have a no singles policy.
>>
>>7054399
this shit

and you can do the hole "salt+pepper+olive oil+fry/bake" treatment to a hole bunch of vegies to make healthy vegie chips, just slice em up into thin chips.
My favorite is radishes
but also
Plantain (or banana)
Carrots
(Sweet) Potatoes (duh)
Zucchini
Fennel
Beet
Eggplants
Spinach
Squash

a lot of shit. use your imagination.
>>
Tuna sammich with bacon.
>>
>>7054125
>plain doritos
So...tortilla chips?
>>
>>7055993
And cheese.
>>
>>7056006
Oh, I see.

You think the nacho cheese flavor is 'plain'.
>>
>>7055993
Yes. As mentioned in the post that you're responding to, doritos are in fact tortilla chips. These are traditionally made of corn, unlike potato chips which are made of potato.
I'm glad we had this chat but in the future I'd suggest that you read a whole post before asking a question because quite often the answer you seek will be in that post (you just have to be smart enough to find it).
>>7056015
That person is not the same person who wrote the post you're asking about. I know because I wrote that post.
To answer your question: No I don't believe that 'Nacho Cheese' flavour are 'plain' because that would be retarded. I consider 'Original Salted' to be the 'plain' variety of doritos corn chips because they have no additional flavouring besides salt.

If you have any more questions or concerns then feel free to ask and I'll be more than happy to make you feel dumb again. Because you're worth it.
>>
. . . I actually do eat crab legs while watching movies at home. Only $30 for five pounds at a local wholesaler, and it freezes really well.
>>
>>7054399
>Baked kale with salt and olive oil
>I doubt you can buy these as they're really fragile
Yes, but I can make them. I often buy a bunch of kale and struggle to eat it all before it goes brown so this is a great way to use it up. You're my new hero. Thank you!

>>7055406
More excellent ideas! I especially like the carrots and zucchini suggestion and now I'm wondering why carrot chips aren't a common thing like banana chips are.

You guys are awesome. Thank you!!
>>
Pizza with lots of cheese so I can eat it on the couch while watching the movie without worrying about loose toppings falling off into my lap and all over my underwear.
>>
>>7054029
I like frozen peas for this
Sorry /ck/
fresh peas would be awesome but limited availability.
and raisins
>>
>>7057372
Salted and roasted peas would be awesome! Like peanuts, sort of.
>>
>>7054029
Hummus with a bit of pesto, parmesan and olive oil.
>>
>>7054025
This thread is actually better than the sta, za and carbonara threads we see too often.
>>
>>7057372
Heresy!

Frozen peas are only to be used in authentic carbonara.
>>
>>7059483
Why can't we just ban people like this?
>>
>>7053771
your mum lol
>>
>>7053771
dick. big juicy dick
>>
>>7059562
At least the carbonara meme encourages people to cook for themselves. The big mac meme does not.
>>
the key is i dont want to not hear the movie, and i hate shit food
so , for outside watching
sushi, ham and cheese croissant, something like that. silent, delicious,
will not make you fat like popcorn or chocolate

at home, pasta, scalloped potatoes, anything that can be one-potted at end of preparation and isnt loud to eat.
>>
>>7060124
>real wholesome meals while watching a movie
That's actually a novel concept that's well worth considering. It would have to something that can be eaten with one hand.
>>
>>7053771
>crack a claw
>juice everywhere!
>slip while breaking a leg cut finger
>smelling like fish

yeah that sounds super cozy.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.