[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any industry workers here? Need advice about some kitchen drama.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: img10.jpg (175 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
img10.jpg
175 KB, 800x400
Any industry workers here? Need advice about some kitchen drama.

>Work at Pizza Hut, been there less than 6 weeks but thats plenty of time to know everything
>5 pizza 'chefs' in total
>3 of us are new (there for 2 months or less), one has been there a year, the other, Ronald, for several years
>Ronald is a lazy fucker and relies on the fact that he has been there so long to do no fucking work at all
>Only works lunch shifts (the easiest, but also most hours) and never preps anything that he is supposed to for the evening shift/next day
>Got raped for 6 hours yesterday evening because he didnt do his day jobs
>Pissed because I knew I was working with him today
>Today he tries to order me around because he feels superior to me whilst he does nothing as usual
>Tell him im not interested and im going to do what I want
>He starts getting angry, I can see where this is headed
>Tell him he is lazy and does terrible work so isnt in a position to tell me shit, and that Im always picking up his slack
>He loses it, starts screaming at me, kicking bins, threatening to attack me, had to be restrained and eventually asked to leave the building

Do you think this guy should be sacked? Should I refuse to work with him again? Im not scared of him, but hes a very aggresive African man and there are a lot of knives around. Id prefer him to be sacked since Id like his lunch shifts. What do?

Kitchen drama general i suppose?
>>
Why doesn't the manager work the day shift?
>>
>>7052767
>>7052767
>industry workers
>Pizza Hut
>pizza 'chefs'

stopped reading right there. unless you're under the age of 23 you need some life evaluation .
>>
File: 38665322255.gif (877 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
38665322255.gif
877 KB, 500x278
>>7052767

>industry
>Pizza Hut

Stopped reading.
>>
>>7052776
They do.

I dont know how he gets away with it. When I work, a manager nearly always checks Ive done everything at the end of my shift. Perhaps because im new? He seemingly is allowed to do what he likes.
>>
>>7052767
let him self destruct on you
maybe he'll even attack you & you can sue him & the company
>>
>>7052767
There is no reason for anyone to throw a tantrum like a fucking child in the workplace.

Take it to your manager and explain the situation, hopefully they aren't as useless as this other guy sounds and they'll do something about it..
>>
>>7052782
>>7052785

Yeah, I used to work in real kitchens. Then I went to university, I have a masters degree from a world top 25 uni, and Im starting a graduate job in March intake, but I have debts I need to pay back between now and then and this was available.

Im just doing what I need to do to get by. Im not claiming to be a chef, im not claiming Pizza Hut is the same as working in a proper kitchen hence I put 'chef'.
>>
>>7052797
Are you the guy who made the pizza hut thread? Your life sucks m8
>>
just refuse to work. stay there and say i refuse to do this or that. get fired.

then claim unemployment

its as easy as that.
>>
>>7052810
Unemployment wouldnt cover the size of my monthly repayments, and I also dont think Im entitled to it for 6 months after leaving university.
>>
>>7052810
If its a legitimate termination you can't claim unemployment.
>>
>>7052826
Yes you can
>>
>>7052788
If the manager is opening, why is this guy opening too? Also why complain that this guy is doing no work, if the manager is doing no work either?
>>
>>7052842
Managers start around 8am, do manager shit and veg prep. Pizza maker starts at 10am and defrosts 1 set of dough for the next day and stretches all the bases for that day. Do lunch which is 90% buffet. 3pm clean down after buffet, 3.30pm defrost second set of dough for next day. Its not challenging at all.

I dont really have any say over what managers do.
>>
>>7052836
You have to work at the place for at least 6 months. He's been there 6 weeks. Plus, I'm pretty sure if you're fired for not meeting your job description (within reason, I think medical issues that come up may exempt you), you don't get anything.
>>
>>7052789
>>7052795
The manager took my side of the story as well as everyone else who was there. Hopefully he will get rid of him

Im in UK, we dont sue everyone for everything here.
>>
>>7052857
Your pizza hut is much different from my pizza hut.
Here manager comes in at 10:30 does everything until 4ish when evening crew comes in. Keeps working until rush starts dying 7-8ish.
>>
>>7052797

>has masters
>works at pizza hut

Junkie failure huh, i know your type.
>>
>>7052892
Nope. Just didnt secure a September grad program. Applied to a university that was probably beyond my capabilities and couldnt dedicate time to job applications and still pass my course.
>>
>>7052767
>Any industry workers here? Need advice about some kitchen drama.
My advice isn't food industry related, it's an Human Resources common sense related tip. BE CAREFUL. GET OUT OF THERE.

You don't need to do what is the right thing to do, as an employee. This person has elementary level unevolved emotions and isn't from the same path in life as you. I'm not going to tell you that a manager/owner needs to watch this guy perform or he'll be fired. Might be the owner is scared of him, doesn't want the turnover cause he'll be working harder training someone, or whatever else. Might not even care. Might be they are refusing raises and hoping he leaves on his own and they don't have to pay unemployment for firing him. Might be this guy is the manager's fix supplier or something nefarious too.

A hostile person in a workplace can be a really dangerous thing. It's not playground bullying 101 where you stand up to them and all is good really. It's the worst thing ever in the HR world. Whatever your gut is warning you about him, is a warning you should heed. If you think, hey, knives here, then yes, he's a psycho. If you aren't fully aware, someone that targets you for losing a job or even threatening action that could lead to that, can mess with your car, wait for you after work, come to your house, mess with your life and your future. It aint worth it. This is a shit tier job that is utterly replacable. Don't stand your ground or fight for this. Go around town right now, talk to a couple other places (hopefully better places not equally bad), and get the heck out of there. Do not for a minute think "ohh, he should be the one" and I shouldn't have to work with lazy people. I know enough about the industry that street justice and quiet devious stuff is how you handle idiots in the workplace. That's how it works in the kitchen/blue collar world.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.