[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
chocolate truffles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10
File: Chocolate-Truffles.jpg (99 KB, 988x659) Image search: [Google]
Chocolate-Truffles.jpg
99 KB, 988x659
I plan on making some chocolate truffles as a cheaper Christmas present for a few people and I was wondering if any of you knew flavours that work well in them.

I was thinking of doing some tea truffles but I'm not as sure if the flavour will come through well enough.

Can be dark, milk or white chocolate.

Chocolate thread in general as well I guess.
>>
Truffles are fairly forgiving, since you end up rolling them in some coating. So the temper is less finicky.

Shiny chocolate bonbons like those in your OP are a PITA. I have recipes for both if you want them however.
>>
I did some red velvet and dark chocolate truffles a while ago, and the flavors were able to work well with each other. As long as you make them pretty and not like little turd balls they're a great gift
>>
>>7051211
I'm fine on how to make truffles, I've made both kinds (coated in chocolate and not) before but they were both just plain ones; thank you for the offer however. the advise im looking for is flavours to go in.

>>7051283
what made them red velvet? did they have actual cake inside or did you just colour the core?
>>
>>7051305
Sorry for misreading :-)

I like dark chocolate and limoncello when I make truffles.

But you can swap the limoncello for any citrus liquor. Or hell, cherry liquor would work.
>>
>>7051211
Not OP, but I'm interested in your recipes
>>
>>7051305
There was actual cake inside. Red velvet cake by itself is kind of meh since it's essentially just cake with food coloring, but the chocolate coating keeps it moist and gives it a nice texture.
>>
File: truffles.jpg (523 KB, 900x3169) Image search: [Google]
truffles.jpg
523 KB, 900x3169
>>7051319
Truffle recipe attached. I don't have pictures for most of the chocolates recipes, so I'll be posting text for them.
>>
>>7051319
>Raspberry Ganache
305 gr 75% dark chocolate
250 gr pureed raspberries
80 gr honey
80 gr butter

1. In a large, thick bottom pot, warm together the raspberry and honey, while stirring.
2. Once warm, strain over the chocolate.
3. Mix well, add the butter, mix well again.
4. Allow to cool (but do not refrigerate) and use to fill your chocolates.

>Vanilla Ganache
425 gr white chocolate (Ivory, couverture)
40 gr honey
190 gr 35% cream (heavy cream)
45 gr butter
2 vanilla beans

1. Slice the vanilla bean along it's lenght. Scrape the seeds with the sip of the knife and add them to the cream (add the pods as well for extra flavor)
2. In a large, thick bottom pot, warm together the cream and honey, while stirring.
3. Once warm, strain over the chocolate.
4. Mix well, add the butter, mix well again.
5. Allow to cool (but do not refrigerate) and use to fill your chocolates.

>Passion fruit caramel filling
500 gr white chocolate (34% cacao)
300 gr sugar
500 gr passion fruit purée
50 gr glucose
100 gr water
100 gr sugar

1. In a thick bottom pot, make a caramel with the sugar, glucose and water.
2. Stop the cooking by adding the pasison fruit purée
3. Resume cooking until a temperature of 103C is reached.
4. Remove from heat. At 75C add the white chocolate. At 35C add the butter. Mix well with each addition.
5. Allow to cool (but do not refrigerate) and use to fill your chocolates.
>>
>>7051319
I think I might have the pictures for praliné however.

Did you also need the instructions for making the actual thing (the tempering, the shell, etc) ?
>>
>>7051371
I'm fine, but you might as well post it so we have a complete thread
>>
File: piping.jpg (457 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
piping.jpg
457 KB, 1000x750
>>7051395
blerg, lost a good chunk of the pictures...

here's the recipe
>Praliné
400 gr sugar
150 ml water
600gr almonds (or hazelnuts)

1. Warm the almonds in a 300F oven for 5 minutes.
2. In a large pot, warm the sugar and water, until it reaches 118C (224F)
3. Add the almonds. Mix with a silicone spatula. The sugar will dry and cake the almonds. Keep stirring until the almonds are fully cooked and the caramel liquefies (10-15 minutes).
4. Spread on a baking tray with a silicone liner. Allow to cool fully.
5. Blend in a food processor, adding small chunks at the time.

>Chocolate Praliné
500 gr of praliné
200 gr milk chocolate

1. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
2. Mix the praliné with the melted chocolate.
3. Allow to cool and use to fill the chocolates. or, honestly, put in a jar and eat with a spoon.
>>
File: paper-test.jpg (409 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
paper-test.jpg
409 KB, 1000x750
>>7051428
Chocolate Tempering (aka, the part that is long painful and kinds of sucks)

>Method 1
1.250 kg chocolate

1. Melt 1kg of chocolate drops. You want it to reach 40-45C for dark chocolate or 40C for milk or white chocolate. Refer to the box for the specific temperatur chart of the chocolate you are using.
2. Add the reserved 250g of chocolate drops. Mix with a spatula.
3. To test the cristalisation, dip a but of parchment paper into the tempered chocolate. If at it cools it turns shiny and snaps you did it right. If not, reheat to your high point and add 1/4 weight of new chocolate and try again.
>>
>>7051439
Chocolate Tempering (aka, the part that is long painful and kinds of sucks)

>Method 2
1 kg dark or milk chocolate
10 gr Mycryo cocoa butter

1. Melt the chocolate to 40C
2. Allow to cool to 34C while stirring
3. Add the cocoa butter
4. test your temper as with the first method.
>>
>>7051443
>Making the Chocolate Bonbons
1. Temper chocolate. Clean your chocolate molds. Make sure the molds are room temperature.
2. Fill the molds completely. Scrape off excess.
3. Gently hit on the sides to remove air bubbles.
4. Flip the mold upside down to drain excess chocolate. Tap the sides to encourage the chocolate to flow. Scrape off excess.
5. Allow to dry for a few minutes (either upside down or on it's side)
6. Scrape the surface of the mold to insure no excess chocolate.
7. Fill with filling of your choice. Leave 3mm empty.
8. In the best of world, allow to set ina cool room (but not a fridge) overnight to make a crust. Otherwise cool in the fridge for a few minutes and eat within a few weeks.
9. Pour tempered chocolate over the mold to seal the bonbons.
10. Scrape _once_ to remove excess.
11. Scrape the sides of the mold. Allow to set in the refrigerator 5-10 minutes.
12 .While wearing gloves, flip the molds upside down. The chocolates should fall out. Enjoy.
>>
ITT:Faggots

Don't you know sweets are for boys?
Mature men like myself only drink alcohol and eat steaks
>>
>>7051138
I like using flavored liquors in mine. Gran Marnier and Chambord are my favorites.
>>
>>7051658

Same here. Chambord is great and I've also tried Cointreau, Baileys, Malibu, etc.
>>
File: IMG_3690.jpg (44 KB, 800x423) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3690.jpg
44 KB, 800x423
>>7051138
>Chocolate thread in general as well I guess.

Nice! I scrolled through and saw this thread while munching on some trinitario milk chocolate. Was meant to be.

I have an exciting chocolate story to tell. For the longest time I have yearned from yogurette, ever since I tried them in Germany 9 years ago. Well I tried Lindt's strawberry cheesecake bar and I'll be damned! It takes just like yorgurette in a different shape! I was so happy...you guys have no idea how often I've considered paying almost $40 to ship 300g over here.
>>
File: IDShot_540x540.jpg (29 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
IDShot_540x540.jpg
29 KB, 540x540
who /whitepower/ here
>>
File: DV-choco.jpg (1 MB, 2400x2064) Image search: [Google]
DV-choco.jpg
1 MB, 2400x2064
bump for God's gift

>"From time to time they served him [Montezuma] in cups of pure gold a certain drink made from cacao. It was said that it gave one power over women, but this I never saw. I did see them bring in more than fifty large pitchers of cacao with froth in it, and he drank some of it, the women serving with great reverence." - Bernal Diaz, 1568
>>
File: pepe.jpg (23 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
23 KB, 500x332
>>7054424
> It was said that it gave one power over women, but this I never saw
>>
>>7051138
>Tea
Use hydrodistiliation.
>>
poorfag here

great idea op
>>
>>7054455
moar

>"Loathsome to such as are not acquainted with it, having a scum or froth that is very unpleasant taste. Yet it is a drink very much esteemed among the Indians, where with they feast noble men who pass through their country. The Spaniards, both men and women that are accustomed to the country are very greedy of this Chocolate. They say they make diverse sorts of it, some hot, some cold, and some temperate, and put therein much of that "chili"; yea, they make paste thereof, the which they say is good for the stomach and against the catarrh". - Jose de Acosta, Spanish Jesuit missionary, late 16th century
>>
>>7054600
If making large quantities, it's not exactly dirt cheap (good chocolate is expensive).
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.