[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was amazing. So much better than takeout. http://rasam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: hot_sour_soup1.jpg (79 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
hot_sour_soup1.jpg
79 KB, 600x900
This was amazing. So much better than takeout.

http://rasamalaysia.com/hot-and-sour-soup/2/

I added bamboo shoots and that's it.

If you follow this recipe, don't stir it until the egg has completely set or you'll cloud up the stock. Live and learn.

I'm going to eat this all winter. Fuck the sodium.
>>
>>7050227
Sounds good. Gonna try this tomorrow why not. Just need to buy tofu + mushrooms.
>>
>bamboo shoots
>supporting the destruction of valuable ecological and environmental systems that endangered animals rely on

nah but fo real, looks tasty
>>
>>7050227
I tried to make hot and sour once with a series of youtube video but it didnt work

will try
>>
>>7050227
>white button mushrooms
>no msg

No thanks
>>
>>7050227
Thank you, OP.
>>
>>7050299
>not understanding that bamboo is an invasive species in the US and illegal to plant in most places
>>
>>7050227
I hate mushrooms
>>
>>7050299
fuck you eco hippie because of your stupid message I will buy TWO cans of bamboo shoots next week and I wasn't even planning to get any but now I need to come up dishes where I can use them

fucking eco hippies
>>
>>7051644
>bamboo is an invasive species in the US and illegal to plant in most places

y
>>
Thanks OP I'm eating some questionable gelatinous takeout hot and sour right now and I've been considering making it myself for a long time but I think this is the kick in the ass I needed.
>>
>>7050227
It's a lot more traditional to use white pepper rather than black pepper. That's what gives it that bite that good hot and sour soup has.
>>
>>7051921
This one place I used to visit added a decent amount of black pepper. I kind of liked it.

White pepper is better, hands down.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.