[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite hangover food and why the fuck isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_9013.jpg (2 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9013.jpg
2 MB, 3888x2592
What's your favorite hangover food and why the fuck isn't it chicken Tom Kha?
>>
I was going to say that sounds like a lot of work to make while hungover, but then I looked up a recipe and saw it was pretty simple, and I might have every ingredient on hand (dried kaffir lime leaves).

Still way too much work to make fucking soup from scratch hungover first thing in the morning.

I'm hungover most days and honestly have never understood the idea of "hangover food"; sure, there are certain foods you don't want to put in your body, but nothing that actually makes me feel better.
>>
Because I'm not a cocksucking faggot
>>
>>7049733

Came to say this. Soup is for faggots and if you've ever been hungover in your faggot like you'd know a pussy bowl of soup isn't going to cut it
>>
>>7049711
chips and spicy curry, maybe with a fried egg on top, and a caesar if I didn't learn my lesson.
>>
>>7049711
A big ass bowl of pho has been known to cure my hangover. I don't know if its the broth that does it but I feel much better after.
>>
>>7049723
You can make it the night before and freeze/refrigerate.
>>
>>7049711
I don't eat when i'm hungover.
>>
menudo
budae jjigae
any sort of offal taco
gatorade, glacier ice
>>
>getting hungover in the first place

Just stay hydrated and maintain electrolyte levels.
>>
bbq pork sandwich, mashed potatoes
any kind of soft bread in a pinch
>>
>>7049711
The "Fat Sal": roast beef, french fries, onion rings, fried mozzerella sticks, gravy, on garlic bread. Also good when you're crossed or haven't eaten for 18 hours or more because you didnt plan your work properly and have been cramming since before the sun was up
>>
>>7049739
You've obviously never had a big bowl of pho, kimchi jjigae or tom kha. You're the faggot here senpai.
>>
File: cesnecka.jpg (111 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cesnecka.jpg
111 KB, 640x480
>>
File: rulle.jpg (114 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
rulle.jpg
114 KB, 600x450
>>7049711
>>
>>7049711
my hangover food is not this because I don't get hungover even if I try.

superior genetics always wins. I don't need your soup for pussies.
>>
Barbacoa tacos are god tier, add some lemon, salsa, that's it, goes well with some fried onions.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
Seriously?? Not a single fuckin mention of bikkets n greve? Fucking faggots.

>pic related; bikkets n greve
>>
>>7050604

>gotta make sure you eat your full serving of fruit to make it a balanced breakfast
>>
>>7049711
my hangover food is what every i find in the hot case at work and a nos
>>
>>7050613
Hahahahaha that was pretty funny lol. Yea i have no idea why that little orange slice is there. Like, why just a single slice of orange
>>
>>7050690
You eat it at the end of the meal to freshen your breath and clear the palate, just like parsley
>>
>>7050708

Pretty much any place that puts a sprig of parsley or an orange wedge on the plate is around 30 years in the past (not always a bad thing).

Pretty much everyone who dines out today just consider those lazy garnishes.
>>
>>7050604

looks fucking delicious
but I would want that even when I'm not hungover
>>
>>7050736

That's cheapass looking gravy and those are canned biscuits.

Dumbass Yanks never had a good gravy.
>>
If you can eat greasy heavy food without automatically puking it up it ain't a hangover. Maybe a real mild one but not really a hangover.
>>
>ctrl+f "poutine"
>no results
Fuck you guys, you don't know how to cure a hangover. Nothing like a big plate of poutine and a can or two of beer, followed by a sauna-and-lake session.
Between the grease, alcohol, and system shock, every last bit of hangover goes away.
>>
>>7050866
>a big plate of poutine and a can or two of beer,
>a can or two of beer
>>
>>7049711
I don't just get hangovers, I get shit awful acid stomach too
I always boil some eggs and grab some croissants when I'm planning on boozing, just whip them out of the fridge and down them with a cup of coffee, settles my stomach and gives me a fighting chance at not drowning or scalding myself in the shower
>>
>>7050866
I swear this is the most Canadian thing I've ever fucking read. Well met brother
>>
>>7050437
En rullekebab!
>>
>>7050947
Actually, I'm Minnesotan, but for most people it's the same damn difference.
>>
>>7050909
Yeah man, just enough to take the edge off.
>>
>>7049711
Line of ket, line of coke, bit of laughing gas and a warm beer.
>>
>>7049972
Pft

Okay son.
>>
File: mKOMBmu[1].jpg (47 KB, 852x638) Image search: [Google]
mKOMBmu[1].jpg
47 KB, 852x638
>>
>>7049711
not being an alcoholic helps
>>
>>7051260
This so much.
>>
I don't know about you lot but when I'm excessively drunk or hung over soup or cereal are things I'd only eat if I want to see them again shortly.

Something like bacon, egg and cheese on a roll would be more appropriate for my particular stomach.
>>
>>7050799
Yeah i forgot. How could i possibly substitue those wonderful flavorful beans that werent canned for sausage gravy. Oh! And i just defiled your delicious dry toast by picking a freshly baked biscuit.... Man we yanks sure fuck ourselves over with our shitty food

But if your calling me a yank and your from the south, well.. Your probably right. Never been to the southern states but damn i did go, REAL biscuits and gravy and chicken fried steak would be two things that i had to get.
>>
>>7050437
This shit right here. Fuck, I can feast on that
>>
>>7049711
Thanks op. Saw your post and made a shit ton with leftovers to freeze. Nice and smooth. Definitely good hangover food.
>>
>>7049711
>What's your favorite hangover food
Throwing up in the shower
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.