[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bourdain has six rules for things not to do with regards to raw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 1445912955085.jpg (236 KB, 935x738) Image search: [Google]
1445912955085.jpg
236 KB, 935x738
Bourdain has six rules for things not to do with regards to raw fish. Keep them in mind if you happen to see him at a sushi bar. Don’t forget, he’s now a trained martial artist himself.

1. Do Not: Make a slurry with all the wasabi and soy sauce you can get your hands on and then douse your fish with it. Make sure to taste your fish first.

2. Do Not: Dip your sushi rice down into the soy sauce—“unless you want to watch your rice crumble and disintegrate into an unholy mess in the wasabi slurry that you probably already made.” If you feel your sushi needs soy, lightly dip it fish side down.

3. Do Not: Say loudly, "This sushi is so fresh, dude." Unless you’re in a place where that concept would even be in question.

4. Do Not: Consider a sushi selection that includes mayonnaise. “Don’t get me wrong, I love mayo. Tuna salad on white bread is our version of Edo-style sushi. But it belongs nowhere near raw fish.”

5. Do Not: Mistake a lame pan-Asian place for a sushi spot. “You know the ones; unst, unst, unst music is playing in the background, edamame comes with a cloud of dry ice. A great sushi bar is like the perfect Irish pub. You make decisions with your sushi chef, with your bartender, over the course of the night, and you leave feeling extremely well cared for.”

6. Do Not: Order a California Roll. No explanation necessary.
>>
Weeb elsewhere
I suggest >>>/a/
>>
What a little bitch
>>
That just sounds like standard sushi eating shit everyone does.

OP is a faggot.
>>
File: wat.jpg (23 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
23 KB, 600x512
>>7047497
>talking about food
>on ck
>told to leave
>>
>>7047501
>>7047475
Samefag
>>
Ooh la la I am le sushi connoisseur do not offend moi garcon
>>
>>7047508
>Posting about bourdain
>Trying to start a shit-on-bourdain thread
>Tries to do this by talking about sushi so flyovers get mad

Shit thread desu, senpai.
>>
>>7047512
>calling OP's post a little bitch is samefag
>>
>>7047523
>>7047501
>>7047475
Samefag
>>
food doesn't have rules
if you abide by rules you are eating wrong
>>
>>7047537
but the rules are the only good part of sushi
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-05+at+10.59.03).png (7 KB, 429x143) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-05+at+10.59.03).png
7 KB, 429x143
I lol'd
>>
>>7047578
Maybe the taste and texture is the good part, and you're a jackass.
>>
>>7047787
chopstick-using pleb detected
>>
Step 1: Put that shit in your mouth and chew
>>
>Hating California rolls
I know it's not "Puritan" but it's still pretty delicious
>>
>Bourdain

kek
>>
>tfw japs do even more fucking retarded shit with sushi in their own country(no not tourist spots) than the rest of the world
>>
>>7047475
Holy shit wtf kind of place sells that?

Also don't know how you ppl like soy sauce and horseradish with sushi, pure sodium
>>
Once again Bourdain is correct.

I rarely get California rolls though. When I do I make sure to get them without the mayo in it if possible, or to have some kind of other thing in the mix. For example one of the better sushi places around has a special roll, which is basically a California roll except it has those small orange eggs on the outside and uses yellow-tail instead of imitation crab mixed with mayo.
>>
>>7047820

Yeah who the fuck likes salted meat
>>
>>7047831
Children
>>
>no mayo
Haha fucking Bourdain is gonna tell the slant eyes how to eat their fucking fish. It is to laugh.
>>
>>7047796
Yeah that's kind of bullshit. How popular does a type of sushi have to become in Japan for snobs to accept it?
>>
File: 1423379022605.png (111 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1423379022605.png
111 KB, 249x250
I'm not sure what Bourdain's snobbery of california rolls is about considering the shit japs make
>>
>>7047975
he's not telling them how to eat, he's telling whities how to have a proper sushi experience
>>
>>7047475
>watch this episode
>go to Japan
>first sushi place I go to I attempt to try it without soy sauce like Bourdain said
>friendly Japanese dude from neighbor table comes over and puts soy sauce on it for me
>Second place I try the same, chef stops me and reaches over counter to drip soy sauce on my sushi
>last place same deal but the waitress does it.

Not even making this shit up, the first and third place were low price but the middle one was a legit place.
>>
who gives a fuck about that boredain gay queer
>>
WAIT.

The burger in the OP is fucking vile.

Why are we talking about weeb shit?
>>
>>7048240
What a baka gaijin.
>>
>>7048240
dipping the rice in is different from the fish
>>
>>7047830
>basically a California roll except it has those small orange eggs on the outside and uses yellow-tail instead of imitation crab mixed with mayo.
so its basically a california roll but COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

sounds like a good combo tho
>>
>>7048240
He doesn't say not to dip it in soy sauce, are you stupid? The Japs probably thought you were a retard so were being extra nice to you.
>>
>>7048115
>proper sushi experience

Who in the fuck cares?
>>
>>7048258
That burger has horrified us all so badly we are unable to speak of it.
>>
File: 20151017_180315.jpg (4 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151017_180315.jpg
4 MB, 3984x2988
>tfw I do everything Bourdain says not to do
>>
>>7049464

It's not like anyone gives a shit what the dude thinks anyway.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.