[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How should I season a pot roast? My plan right now is to throw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (301 KB, 460x316) Image search: [Google]
file.png
301 KB, 460x316
How should I season a pot roast?

My plan right now is to throw away two packs of beef instant noodles and use their flavor packets in it

Is that unacceptably pleb?
>>
You're seasoning beef with beef flavored seasoning?
>>
File: DSC06928.jpg (363 KB, 1600x1509) Image search: [Google]
DSC06928.jpg
363 KB, 1600x1509
It's unacceptably pleb. Use a packet of onion soup mix instead, that would be acceptably pleb.

If you don't want to be pleb at all, cook the roast in beef stock with a bouquet garni and whole spices.
>>
>>7047079
why would you throw away perfectly good ramen you heathen
>>
>>7047079
Salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, garlic. Maybe some crushed red pepper too if you want spicy.
>>
>>7047079
plain water is fine for pot roast. the beef and veg cooking in the water will magically turn it into beef broth.
But if you're gonna do the seasoning packet route, save the noodles and cook them at the end and serve the pot roast over the noodles
>>
>>7047079
root vegetables, onions, garlic
rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, pepper, salt
bacon
red wine
>>
>>7047123
>plain water is fine for pot roast
what I mean by this, is that if you have nothing else then water will be fine. However like other anons have pointed out, OPTIMAL conditions will include beef stock or red wine
>>
>>7047129
A good dark beer works nicely too.
>>
>>7047079
Will the chain supermarket sell you a carcass or maybe some bones? Want to make a beef stock but I hardly ever buy bone in meats.
>>
>>7047124
This nigga gets it
>>
>>7047124
Do you cook the bacon then or just put it in raw ?
>>
>>7047092
This. It's acceptably lazy but still tastes good. Don't over do it. 1 packet should be enough.
>>
>>7047124

I've never used bacon before, I'll have to do it next time.

Some tomato paste makes it delicious as well.
>>
>>7047079
Bagged seasoning kit and chopped vegetables.
>>
File: MarcoPierreWhite_2690009b[1].jpg (55 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
MarcoPierreWhite_2690009b[1].jpg
55 KB, 620x387
>>7047079
Knorr rich beef stock pot
>>
>>7047917
Thank you Marco.
>>
>>7047894
It tastes better if you crisp up the bacon first, but it's not strictly necessary
>>
>>7047917
Goddamnit one you assholes linked to his Knorr videos and I actually do want to try making beef stew with it to see how much different it tastes.
>>
>>7048309
You should try it.
>>
>>7047894
even beter to boil your bacon first, no joke.
>>
>>7048357>>7048303
before crispen up I mean
>>
>>7048358
If you're doing a long roast they'll dissolve pretty much half the time.

For seasoning rosemary, thyme, bay leafs, sage is good too. Carraymin seeds or how do you call it in english taste good too.
>>
>>7048309
Those stock pots are actually pretty good, but they taste very strongly of their particular herb and spice mix, rather than just being generically "beefy" or whatever. So your finished dish is nice, but it's always going to taste like you just bought a Knorrā„¢ Ready Meal.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.