[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stuck with a can of this stuff I can't open. I bought several
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 5491-01.jpg (80 KB, 261x400) Image search: [Google]
5491-01.jpg
80 KB, 261x400
Stuck with a can of this stuff I can't open. I bought several at the store as usual last time I was there and didn't realize that this shipment didn't have the pop top tabs.

I've stabbed at it with a knife a few times and tried to pry it open but haven't had much luck. Is there anything around the kitchen that might be able to get this open?
>>
>>7045165
Try the knife again but this time coat your hands in vegetable oil.
>>
I hear tales of a handheld machine called a "can opener"

Perhaps such a device could open a can?
>>
>>7045165

Take the knife and stab the lid until the blade is inside.

Now move back and forth until the lid is shredded off
>>
>>7045190
And then enjoy your poorfag food with metal shavings and shitty 'meatballs'
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSFIdYcClrs
>>
I gave up on it and just had a cheese sandwich.

>>7045177
never used one growing up, we always got those pull tab cans. It's 2015, no real reason to get one anymore, it's like who even uses a toaster now that we have microwaves.
>>
>>7045233
>never used one growing up, we always got those pull tab cans. It's 2015, no real reason to get one anymore, it's like who even uses a toaster now that we have microwaves.

I hope to Christ that you're just trolling
>>
>>7045236
Probably is. Wouldn't surprise me though. I worked in a pizza kitchen one time, when we had to open a can of olives (one of those big industrial size cans) we had to go to the restaurant next door and have them open it, as after a incident with a hand being sliced open all kitchen knives/can openers/box openers/etc. were banned from the premises.
>>
>>7045270
And that's why I carry my swiss knife everywhere. Can't count the times I used at a friend's home or in a lab etc.
>>
>>7045270
That sounds retarded, how did you guys slice the onions and bell peppers?
>>
File: 4c-215-fagget.gif (66 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
4c-215-fagget.gif
66 KB, 300x100
>>7045165
>>
>>7045330
Nobody takes anime posters seriously...
>>
>>7045307
You need a P-38
>>
>>7045332
I was about to write that too, but was thinking p-51
>>
>>7045331
its literally 4chan header.
>>
>>7045361
Point being?
>>
>>7045332
>>7045337
Eh, my knife also works as a screwdriver and bottle opener, among other things, and it isn't much larger.
>>
Dang OP get some muscle, my girly arms can easily open a can with a knife.
>>
>>7045331
but he's 100% right
>>
File: farside.jpg (68 KB, 451x592) Image search: [Google]
farside.jpg
68 KB, 451x592
>>7045165
>>
>>7045361
Nobody takes 4chan seriously...
>>
It's actually easier to open a can with a file or even a rock than it is with a knife. The top of the can is just crimped, and it's very thin. There's even a technique with a spoon, but it takes awhile.
>>
Jesus christ, just buy a fucking can opener. They cost like $2.

No even marginally well equipped kitchen should be without a can opener. Have some common sense for a change.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.