[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When's the last time you devoured a giant crisp, sweet apple?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
When's the last time you devoured a giant crisp, sweet apple?

What is your problem?
>>
yesterday, or the day before that
I eat quit a bit of fruit but apples aren't what I eat the most of, I prefer plums and oranges
>>
I haven't eaten an apple in probably 2 years or more. I eat lots of vegetables but rarely buy fruit. I did have a slice of apple pie at Canadian thanksgiving like a month ago.
>>
>When's the last time you devoured a giant crisp, sweet apple?

Maybe a year ago. Usually I only eat small crisp, sweet apples.

>What is your problem?

Short attention span, weak initiative, low confidence and painful envy of my social betters.
>>
>>7039730
>What is your problem?

Why did this make me burst out laughing?
>>
I currently have 25 lbs of apples in my fridge.
Tomorrow they become apple pie filling. I'm making double what I usually make because I sold so much of it last year.
>>
>>7039730
This morning. Generally every morning.

>What is your problem?
I love apples.
>>
I can't eat raw apples without getting sick.
>>
>>7039761
Cuz it tickled ur giggle bone, m8
>>
>>7039730
I-I'm allergic, b-but I still try
>>
>>7039730
haven't had an apple recently but I gobbled ur mums peach last night m8
>>
>>7039740

this. my issue is mostly my teeth. they arent good for biting into hard foods like that. if i eat an apple i have to cut it up first. juice splashes aside, plums and peaches are more convenient while at work.
>>
File: mutsu2.jpg (60 KB, 700x500) Image search: [Google]
mutsu2.jpg
60 KB, 700x500
>sweet apple
tart apple master race here.
>>
>>7039730
Bitch, I've got a 3 lb bag in my room and a 1/2gal of cider to go with it.
>>
>>7039730
Raw apples make me sick
I don't know what it is, but I just can't eat a raw apple without feeling nauseous
It's not like a specific apple, it's just any apple

And I'm not allergic, I baked diced apples into my banana bread and it turned out amazing
>>
>>7040735

dude, that sounda amazing. you know i never thought of apples as ever being anything other then raw but you got me curious to say the least.
>>
>>7040752
tell me you've at least had apple pie
go out and buy apples right now
you don't even need dough, just mix some butter and sugar and cinnamon together and mix some apples slices in there and just bake it until it's golden and soft

put that in some vanilla ice cream if you're a huge fatass who actually cares about things tasting good
>>
>>7040735
Apples used to give me diarrhea (IBS) so I started with small slices per day gradually increasing the size of the slices until I could eat a whole apple without problems.
>>
>>7040765

oh lol i mean ive had apple pie but only ever the processed shit . that does sound like it'd be tasty making it from scratch.

captcha: select all images with pies
>>
>>7040735
Man same here. Also cider and apple juice make me incredibly sick. Baked apples are totally fine with me though.
>>
>>7039730
Like an hour ago. There is no problem. I eat fruit all the time, especially pears, but apples are good too.
>>
File: apple.jpg (48 KB, 612x459) Image search: [Google]
apple.jpg
48 KB, 612x459
>>7040752
Baked apples are delicious
>>
>>7040839
I can't drink apple juice anymore
Whenever I find apple juice, it's either that super sweet stuff they mix into everything else to make it sweeter, or the cloudy stuff that claims to be better and more natural but really all they do is don't remove the skins
I can drink hard cider, but I've never found a decent apple cider that wasn't just spiced apple juice
>>
>>7041055
Whereabouts do you live? Quality English Apple Juice produces and sells single origin apple juices for like £2.50 a bottle. It's seriously amazing how much difference in flavour there is between different varieties of apples. Got an Egremont Russet juice the last time and it was bomb.

I've got some Egremont Russets in my fridge, thanks for reminding me OP.
>>
>>7039761
Made me laugh as well.

Nice subtle and perhaps unintentional humor, OP.
>>
I eat apples pretty regularly. I like a chopped granny smith in my oatmeal, and honeycrisps just by themselves. I buy small apples though. The big ones are generally more than I want, plus you pay more per pound for the big perfect ones.
>>
2 days ago i believe. a juicy fuji apple~
>>
>>7039730
yesterday lad. get off my case t b h
>>
File: 2157589-poring.jpg (36 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
2157589-poring.jpg
36 KB, 300x400
every fucking day man. currently finishing a crate of jazz apples. nothing better than simply biting into one raw.

apples are so good!
>>
when Jazz apples went out of fucking season =_=
>>
>>7039730
I don't like sweet apples so probably22-23 years ago
>>
I generally just get smaller ones.
>>
A few months ago, it was a fuji. But I should get some now, it's time.
>>
whenever my dad and I go to the local fruit market we get like 10 lbs of honeycrisp apples because they're 10 cents cheaper per pound if you buy 10 lbs or more.

So I keep one 5 lb bag in the kitchen fridge for baking and such, and I keep one bag in my living room fridge right beside my bedroom so I can eat one when I can't sleep.

apples are so good
>>
>>7039730
maybe a year ago. i like fruits but i hate apples. dont know why
>>
>>7039730
Smaller apples generally taste better
My parents' apple tree makes them maybe 3" diameter and they're the most flavorful I've ever had. Not even sure what variety, now that I think of it.

I don't even bother with apples here, its absurdly expensive to get any that don't taste like they've spent 2 weeks in the back of a semi in this city.
>>
>>7040735
>And I'm not allergic, I baked diced apples into my banana bread and it turned out amazing
Heat treatment destroys the allergens in apples. I would know, I'm allergic and even simply microwaving apples for some time makes them no longer cause a reaction.
>>
Yesterday. It was a honeycrisp.
>>
>>7039730
always have apples handy. good for settling the stomach and also creating appetite

also good for hangovers

GRANNIE SMITH MASTER RACE
>>
About 4 hours ago. I eat at least one apple a day.
>>
Less than 20 minutes ago, actually. It was pretty good.
>>
I find the smaller apples are a bit tastier , the large apples sometimes have a powdery texture.
>>
As a doctor, I never touch the stuff.
>>
i ate 2 of them yesterday desu senpai
>>
before I started drinking and smoking every day and having all my rotted out teeth extracted and given a pair of dentures in my 30s which can't bite into an apple. I like apple sauce though. True fact: most women don't recognize dentures and just think you have a beautiful healthy smile that is so nice and white!
>>
>>7039730
I don't think I've ever really eaten one

if normal sized apples count tho this morning for breakfast
>What is your problem?
I'm lazy, hence I'm here instead of doing something productive
>>
i actually have an apple a day as long as i have them in the house.

the one i ate yesterday had a worm in it, which i bit through.
>>
>>7041942
it didn't hurt a bit when they pulled my teeth out
>>
>>7039730
I've never had an apple I enjoyed eating. Maybe a decent one exists out there, but so far? Not yet.
>>
>>7039730
I eat apple pie every day, it's far more tasty and nutritional
>>
I'm allergic to all raw fruits and vegetables
>>
>>7039730
Like an hour ago
My parents went apple picking and gave me a giant bag of apples, cider and honey
>>
>>7039730
I don't like fruit. Too much acid. Except maybe grapes.
>>
Every morning I eat either an apple, pear, orange, half a grapefruit, of if I'm feeling naughty a banana
Tart apples taste best to me. Also the crispier the better. Mushy apples are horrid
>>
This morning, actually.

Honey crisp master race.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.