[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had to work a 12 hour labor shift, what would you pack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: manly-lb.jpg (123 KB, 436x310) Image search: [Google]
manly-lb.jpg
123 KB, 436x310
If you had to work a 12 hour labor shift, what would you pack for lunch?
>>
>>7039019
Ehh working 12 hour labor shifts is expect to have left over money. Just eat lunch 6 hours in at a restaurant and then when u go home eat again
>>
>>7039028

I only get 30 minutes lunch and there's only fast food near my workplace
>>
>>7039035
Container of oatmeal for elevenses, with fruit. Lunch is a hefty sandwich or one of the 10 lasagne portions I put together at the weekend, if there a microwave at work. A litre of water per six hours minimum keeps fatigue away. One cup coffee max then endless cups of tea to keep me going
>>
>>7039019

I work 12hr shifts 6 days a week in my bakery.

I eat whatever the fuck I want.

Mesclun salad with roasted meat on top of it is my favourite food, so you can imagine what my diet is like.
>>
Some vodka and dried squid

Maybe a spliff
>>
I work 10 hour labor shifts on most days. I usually pack a tuna pouch, some nuts, dried fruit, granola bar, and maybe some fruit snacks.
>>
Turkey sandwich
>>
>>7039166
>tuna pouch
I pictured you walking around with a fanny pack stuffed with tuna
>>
>>7039019
Depends. how much do you eat? I pack 2-3 sandwiches, two bags of chips, and occasionally granola/crackers/slimjims, 20 oz gatorade, frozen bottle of water, and thawed bottle of water.
>>
File: tunapouch.jpg (493 KB, 1190x951) Image search: [Google]
tunapouch.jpg
493 KB, 1190x951
>>7039166
>I usually pack a tuna pouch

didn't realize what you were on about then I realized but before I did I thought of this
>>
>>7039019
I do cement and aspalt work 8-12 hour days. Breakfest is usually coffee and a banana and lunch i bring two sandwiches usually. I don't like to eat to much on the job. Having a full stomach and doing labor is border line torture.
>>
>>7039019
A laptop so I could write a cv to get a good job
>>
>>7039019
I'd do what folk had done before and have the wifey pack a pastie for me. And not from fru fru christopher street/chelsea/frisco shit either, a real one.
>>
>>7039019
I wud buy lunch cause i have a college degree which allows me to get jobs that allow me to afford buying lunch to relieve me from the hell of working 12 hour days
>>
>>7040013
Aren't you mr fru fru, lots of us have degrees and going into mines makes a shitton of money. So mr fru fru what kind of degree do you have and from what community college?
>>
>>7039019
ok.
I would pack a healthy salad of atleast 4 different things. lettuce, spinach, radish carrot, whatever combination of things you have lying around. dont skip the salad, your body will thank you later.
some kind of fruit, an apple, orange, kiwi, grapes, strawberries. try to switch it up every day if you can.
and then your main course which could be anything tasty that is filling and healthy that you can save in the fridge easily.
Some kind of rice&bean with meat mixture (spiced to your preference).
A sandwich.
Chili.

and definitely something to drink. water should be fine 90 percent of the time. if your feeling fancy bring some apple cider or milk, but drink a glass of water regardless you will feel better thruout the day.

cheers
>>
>>7040013
Is your degree in "race relations?" or maybe "UFO studies?"
>>
>>7039347
>>7040013
>they don't know about skilled trades
>>
>>7040025
On a day to day basis you would do that?

You come across as a total fucking faggit that has no practial experience in anything useful. No wonder you're making minimum wage.
>>
>>7040031
no, YOU! XD
>>
a letter of resignation

NEET4life
>>
>>7040030
machinist here

i enjoy working long days on my feet much more than a desk job
>>
>>7040093
Same.
Was a desk rat, decided to become a welder and now I can't stand weekends and days off.
>>
File: tumblr_nain0oISJd1rvr5s8o1_500.png (295 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nain0oISJd1rvr5s8o1_500.png
295 KB, 500x370
I meal prep my lentil-spinach stew & rice so I can bring it to work every week
>>
Tamales
>>
>>7039347
Lazy kid detected
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.