[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
5:2 Diet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7
File: 52shutterstock_113201323copy.jpg (63 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
52shutterstock_113201323copy.jpg
63 KB, 500x337
Anyone on that 5:2 diet? This is my fourth week this week and I'm finding it very sustainable so far.

I've got no particular recipes though. Any suggestions?
>>
>>7517940
First time hearing about this diet. Is it actually effective? It sounds really good.
>>
>>7517998
I'm not hugely fat or anything. Very top end of health, BMI wise (yeah, I know bmi isn't a great system). I've lost around 8 lbs since I started it.

Like I said it's seemed like it'd be sustainable long term if I wanted. My normal eating days haven't changed much, though I suppose I do make the odd healthy decision on those days, since I can see I'm making progress.

There's a good BBC documentary that features the diet and other fasting diets. Interested in me digging the name out for you?
>>
>>7517940
>>7517998

mmmm viral marketing
>>
calories out > calories in

count your calories, don't follow retard diets, have a shred of fucking discipline, and you will lose weight.

Blow your fad diet out your ass.
>>
>>7518036
>calories out > calories in
That rule has exceptions though
>>
>>7518010
How could anyone be making money out of this. You just eat 500-600 cals a day, twice a week.

>>7518036
(2000 x 5) + (500 x 2) = 11,000
11000 / 7 = 1571
How is this not counting calories? Even if you ignore or don't believe in any of the benefits of fasting etc. You're still just working on a calorie deficit.

Also, this diet does require discipline.
>>
>>7518039
Those exceptions usually don't apply to (you).
>>
>>7518120
Yup. Applies to my brother though.
>>
>>7518036
>count your calories
Top KeK
Literally just stop eating fried/processed carbs, get some meat and veggies with every meal and your gucci
>>
>>7518132
Never eat fried or high sugar stuff. Still struggle with fat...
>>
This is the one of the dumbest forced memes I've seen on 4chan and I've seen a lot of dumb ass forced memes
>>
What is 5:2?

looks like 5 parts weevils and mealworms to two parts chopped walnuts
>>
>>7518189
Its the lesser of two weevils
>>
I did this diet over a year ago.
Took two months to get down to dating weight and I have only put 5 pounds back in in a year.
I would have to say this diet is awesome but /ck/ hates it and will cry about meme diets and calories in /out endlessly.
seek out the BBC documentary.
>>
>>7518684
Hi, I'm the OP. How much did you loose and how long did it take, roughly? Also, any suggestions for fast day meals? I'm still finding my feet.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihhj_VSKiTs

Here is Horizon episode
The real benefit is a much longer life.
>>
>>7518684
>>7518698
Sorry, just realised you said 2 months.

For anyone interested the BBC doc. is called 'Eat, Fast and Live Longer'
>>
I'm considering it, though I'll probably try eating nothing on the two fasting days since I feel so good whenever I fast.
>>
>>7517940
I know that you are not supposed to eat solids, what are you supposed to drink on this diet?
>>
>>7518899
You can eat solids, just limit yourself to 5-600 cals a day. In fact everything I've read recommended sticking to water and black coffee and getting all your calories from food.
>>
>>7518132
>get some meat
>>
>>7518684
It works because it makes you consume fewer calories than you burn. That's precisely calories in/calories out.
>>
>>7518684

'dating weight'
>>
>>7518985
Oh, I thought you were supposed to eat for 5 days and fast for 2 (hence the name 5:2). Although, your way might be easier.
>>
File: DV1000.jpg (148 KB, 750x561) Image search: [Google]
DV1000.jpg
148 KB, 750x561
>>7519012
This is the best way.
500 calories works ok but you don't get the extra energy or mental clarity that comes with fasting.
>>
>>7517940
It's retarded like every other diet. You just have to count calories and aim for 250 to 500 calorie deficit each day. If you don't feel like changing your eating habits then get out and exercise at least one hour each day. The best would be to eat less and exercise more. In short get some self-discipline.
>>
>>7518085
>(2000 x 5) + (500 x 2) = 11,000
>11000 / 7 = 1571
>How is this not counting calories? Even if you ignore or don't believe in any of the benefits of fasting etc. You're still just working on a calorie deficit.
If a person was eating 2000 calories a day he wouldn't need to be dieting in the first place. Because you don't get fat eating 2000 calories a day if you are a normal person that don't stay in bed all day long.
>>
>>7519086
Nice collectible bike, Anon.
>>
>>7519197
>your calories, do

Take 1000 calories worth of steel cut oats
Take 1000 calories worth of instant oatmeal

About twice as many of those 1000 calories will be absorbed from instant oatmeal because it has been processed and it is more easily digestible.
>>
>>7519204

Nope. the calories you see quoted on food are derived from what are called "Atwater factors", named for the researcher who did the underlying work to calculate them. They are not the raw caloric value of the food in a literal sense, but rather they take into account how your body processes them.

1000 calories of steel cut oats is nutritionally identical to 1000 cals of instant oats.

From a weight loss perspective the ONLY thing that matters is calories. For a great example google "Twinkie Professor". This guy ate a diet consisting of nothing but gas-station junk food, candy bars, sodas, twinkies, etc. Yet because he limited his caloric intake he lost weight.
>>
>>7519204
Steel cut oats were the worst. Never again.
>>
>>7519204
Idiot. "Food calories" are not the total calories in a product. Fiber has calories too, but it doesn't count toward the food calorie total for obvious reasons. Sure, starch can be resistant and all kinds of other things can happen, like fiber enclosing nutrients, but you're just proving the point that weight loss is a matter of energy balance.
>>
Bup
>>
Diets are for fat people. Eat whatever you damn want and then you'll be fine as long as you do pushups and squats.
>>
>>7519218
Why didn't you like them?
>>
>>7520480
Took forever to cook and the taste wasn't THAT much better than regular oats. Not worth the time and effort.
>>
>>7518036
How many dildos do you wear out on average in a full calendar year?
>>
>>7519200
ty
its the first mass production mountain bike
>>
>>7523079
Surely you mean first mass produced full sus MTB

I was riding rigid MTBs before that came out

Didn't get full sus until the trek y bikes came out
>>
>>7523113
oops , yes i fucked up that post.
first mass production full suspension mountain bike.
Most are unaccounted for.
Pretty sure they are just sitting in peoples sheds collecting dust.
>>
I just started doing this recently and I've lost 4 lbs doing it for 2 weeks.
It seems easily sustainable and regular calories out > calories in doesn't work for me because of my medical condition
I gained a lot of weight while bed ridden and the meds do not help, and overall it's taken my drive out to work out too which sucks
But this diet, even though it's a meme is working for me and it's at least getting me to a healthier spot so I can change my life entirely
>>
>>7519086
Rather ruck honestly
>>
>fasting diets

Fucking dumb. Just spread your 11,000 out equally. I fucking hate gimmicks. Have self control. Eating less sucks when you first start but it gets really easy once you get into habit. Also, there are tons of apps to help you count calories.

My opinion is this diet is dumb.
>>
>>7523627
Its not a gimmick anon.
There big benefits to fasting that go far beyond weight loss.
>>
>>7523627
Fasting requires self control, anon. Fasting also trains self control. Fasting may even trigger the expression of genetic traits associated with self control if you start doing it regularly early enough in life.
>>
>>7518039
>STAWP IT
>I HAVE A GLANDULAR PROBLEM!!
keep making excuses you fucking fatty
>>
I know some people who lost a lot of weight doing a reverse meal diet.

Basically eat your dinner when you wake up then lunch then a light breakfast at night.

Makes sense since you would be eating all your meat and potatos at the start of the day and then burning through it instead of eating it all and then sitting on your ass for a couple hours before going to bed.
>>
>>7520554
I actually preferred the taste and texture of rolled oats
>>
I don't do fad diets. I just eat whole plant foods, with a general plan of items from broad categories that usually ends up within the ballpark of nutritional completion.
>>
>>7518005
I've been on it for around 8 weeks. Missed two weeks due to illness, though -- so six weeks in reality.
Haven't noticed much of a weight drop yet (I had to add one hole to my belt, which was nice), but I'm about 30lbs overweight.

I have noticed my skin is a lot better (I have eczema) and my breathing is way, way better (asthma). I know the lower production of the human growth hormone means less inflammation, and both of those are inflammation disorders (i.e. allergies).

It's very sustainable. It's really easy and I can eat normally without guilt the following day, and even then my appetite is lower.
I actually look forward to the fast days as I eat a ton of vegetables and I know I'll be getting plenty of nutrition/vitamins etc.
Previous dieting was a drudgery -- only a year ago I dieted for 3 months cutting 700 calories per day and barely anything happened, and then I put it back on returning to a normal diet.

I see the 5:2 diet as a lifestyle choice. When I get down to my desired weight, I'll change to one day per week. For its benefits towards my asthma alone, I'd keep it up. It's also helpful for diabetes, arthritis, Alzheimer's, loss of visceral fat, and more.
The other main reason for staying on it would be diabetes -- a few people in my family have it and I really want to avoid it.
>>
>>7523627
Fasting is the only form of dieting that leads to 100% fat loss without muscle degradation and it also is the only way to get rid of visceral fat.

Of course you know better than scientists.
>>
>>7523975
>visceral fat
that stuff sucks
>>
>>7523627
>calories meme
look faggot, if anyone wanted to work hard for their weight loss they would have already done it.
>>
>>7523627
>My opinion is this diet is dumb

My opinion is ur dumb and your mom and cuck somehow.
>>
File: 4182B6GRD7L.jpg (20 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
4182B6GRD7L.jpg
20 KB, 300x298
I went on that 5;2 diet, its really gay and it turned me gay.
Now im gay
>>
>>7528434
Its not the diet Alfred, its this new /ck/ name generator.
Its turning everyone gay.
>>
thread is bump
>>
>>7517940

>>7517998
>It sounds really good.

I'd be interested to know how people who lead more physically active lives fare on this diet or if any do at all and how they fit it in with whatever sport/physical hobby they do.
>>
>>7519204
>About twice as many of those 1000 calories will be absorbed from instant oatmeal because it has been processed and it is more easily digestible.

Citation?
>>
>>7529705
>I'd be interested to know how people who lead more physically active lives fare on this diet

I do a lot of kayaking and mountain biking in the summers and snowboard and gym in the winters.
I am never more than a few pounds away from crisp abs and I really only do a lot of fasting because of the extra energy and mental clarity I get.

That being said I do my diet just a bit differently.
No calories at all on fast days and I only really pig out once or twice a week.
>>
>>7519217
Yeah but he probably never exercised hence why he could sustain that. What you eat is important in real life unless you are a disgusting couch potato
t. a guy on a 200cal deficit who does running, cycling, and lifting
>>
>>7518010
>Marketing
Ah yes the Jews are behind a simple diet adjustment.

I can hear you mouthbreathing you fucking degenerate
>>
Tried it for 2 weeks, realized I am 130lbs and 9% bf and said fuck that I wanna eat
>>
>>7529705
The guy who introduced me to this diet has been doing if for a few years and runs nearly every day
>>
>>7530127
are you agril?
>>
>>7517940
how does the diet work?
>>
File: 1z1rYNPuWrs.jpg (42 KB, 400x604) Image search: [Google]
1z1rYNPuWrs.jpg
42 KB, 400x604
>>7518039
no, it has no exceptions. People just suck at counting how many calories they eat and estimating how many calories you burn.

If you have a genuine condition that affects how you burn or absorb calories, then it still doesn't change the fact that in order to lose weight you must eat less than you are burning.
>>
File: 5 (3).png (124 KB, 251x289) Image search: [Google]
5 (3).png
124 KB, 251x289
>>7518085
I am six foot and have just been eating 2000 cal a day for the past two months.

I make some exception (once a week when I go for a long hike on the weekend)

but other than that I have not really been hungry (2000 cal is plenty of food if it is not all sugary junk) and I have been steadily losing weight.
>>
>>7518039
this is what delusional hambeasts actually believe. do everyone a favor and kill yourself
>>
>>7519184
Exactly what I have been doing
>>>>>>7532863
>>
>>7519204
No, this is wrong.
>>
>>7519204
If you can quote me one peer reviewed article that backs up your claim, I'll give you $50 via paypall or wire transfer.
>>
>>7519086
I'm dying to pick up an early collectable like this!
>>
>>7532880
They are pretty rare anon.
Mountain biking just was not a big deal in the early 90s like it is today.
Only a few thousand were made, thats why you cant ever find them.
>>
File: 4vSGoU3.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
4vSGoU3.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>7532865
At any given time, your ability to absorb and utilize calories differs due to your gut bacterial community health.
This is a fact.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.