[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I make some bomb ass fettuccine alfredo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1453841944061.jpg (285 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1453841944061.jpg
285 KB, 2048x1152
How can I make some bomb ass fettuccine alfredo?
>>
using a mixture of fettuccine and alfredo
>>
>>7442001
>>7442001
and don't forget to add some bomb and some ass
>>
Here's a recipe from a morning programme I watched like 15 years ago. It was talking about foreigners and the dishes they invent that they think we Italians eat when we don't know what they are, like alfredo sauce and chicken parma.

100g/quarter pound each of butter, cultured cream (just heavy cream, if you're in the US, since you guys don't do cultured cream, right?) and grated grana or parmigiano. Plus extra cheese to serve and chopped parsley if you wanna get all fancy and shit.

Cook the pasta as you melt the butter in the cream and let the cream reduce a little.
When the pasta is just about done, drain it from the water and add it to the thickened cream/butter mixture.
When the pasta's done, off the heat, add the cheese and tumble to mix through. If you're using parsley, add it at this point, too.
Let sit a short while for the released starches to thicken the sauce a bit and serve, topped with more cheese.

>inb4 amerifriends say that italians invented alfredo sauce
>inb4 they claim it's from some restaurant in rome that happens to be called alfredo's and that restaurant only uses butter and cheese and no cream
If it's from Rome, why do none of us Italians know what the fuck it is? If it's from that restaurant, why doesn't the restaurant actually call it the name that you guys gave it when it's the name of said restaurant? None of that adds up because it's not ours, but yours.

It's delicious. Take credit for it.
>>
pls guys I need to make it for a gril. Do girls sometimes have sex with you if you cook good?
>>
it's just butter, heavy cream, and parmesan? Could I make it better with other cheeses or garlic? Does it matter what kind of pasta I use. Should grilled chockin go in it? Cut up and mixed in or a whole fillet on top? Is broccoli good to mix in?
>>
>>7442033
>it's just butter, heavy cream, and parmesan?
Yup.
>Could I make it better with other cheeses or garlic?
Different, but I don't know about better. That's for the person eating it to decide. I do, however, grate a garlic clove or two and add that or add a few cloves of roasted garlic from time to time. It's nice and sweet.
>Does it matter what kind of pasta I use.
Fettuccine, but I wouldn't think it matters too much. Use what you have.
>Should grilled chockin go in it?
I don't know about 'should,' but certainly could.
>Cut up and mixed in
Sure, why not?
>or a whole fillet on top?
Sure, why not?
>Is broccoli good to mix in?
Sure, why not?
>>
>>7442033
Pasta doesn't really matter, just don't use generic. Try to get parm from Italy, though the best I've ever had used Wisconsin, bel giosso maybe? Garlic is a matter of preference, I like it more without.

Anon is correct, boil pasta while heating butter and cream. Drain pasta, add butter/cream mixture (I add parm then too), mix as it thickens. Make it the last item finished so you can serve before it starts to seize, ha ha! It can be a side dish, or part of a main dish with chicken (served over a whole breast or cut up and mixed in). Google/recipe site for proportions of ingredients.
>>
>>7442012
People probably say that because that's the exact history listed on Wikipedia (both in English and Italian). The traditional Italian dish doesn't thicken with cream, like the American version does, but just with cheese.

Just because it's more popular in the u.s doesn't mean it was invented there.
>>
>>7442087
I don't know, Anon. Were it a genuine Italian dish, I'd think the Italian wikipedia article would be a little more in depth than two paragraphs translated word-for-word from the English article.

And have Italian-language sources rather than referencing the same English-language ones as the English-language article.

And that it'd be older than six months.

It's about as Italian as Naporitan.
>>
>>7442012
>inb4 amerifriends
Thanks for calling us friends. I like that :)
>>
>>7442012
>amerifriends

Ur my friend too
>>
File: 1442165318809.jpg (53 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1442165318809.jpg
53 KB, 612x612
My store only has whipping cream and heavy whipping cream. Is this the same thing as heavy cream?!
>>
>>7442277
I would assume heavy whipping cream would be fine. Read the nutrition label. In the US, you give the ratios by serving size rather than per 100g of product, right? Divide the amount of fat in grams by the size of the serving in grams eg if the serving is 30ml (which for most liquids is also equal to 30g) and the amount of fat is 12g, then 12 รท 30 = 40% fat. You want the stuff with the highest percentage of fat.
It is not a lean dish.

>>7442254
>>7442201
I like you, too, my Amerifriend friends.
>>
>>7442171

pasta con panna e burro
Found it in a Marcella Hazan cookbook as "pasta with cream and butter sauce".
>>
>>7442033
If you're asking for instructions on making one of the simplest dishes in existence, id say you should just follow the instructions. Trying to reinvent the dish is plain dumb, and its why a lot of amateur cooking attempts fail.
>>
>>7442407
No idea who that is nor why I should care what she has to say.
Looking her up, she's an emigrant food writer. Whoopdie doo.
>Marcella Hazan Bibliography
>The Classic Italian Cook Book: The Art of Italian Cooking and the Italian Art of Eating (1973)
>More Classic Italian Cooking (1978)
>Marcella's Italian Kitchen (1986)
>Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking (1992)
>Marcella Cucina (1997)
>Marcella Says: Italian Cooking Wisdom from the Legendary Teacher's Master Classes With 120 of Her Irresistible New Recipes (2004)
>Amarcord: Marcella Remembers (Gotham Books, 2008)
So... she lived in the US and wrote for USican audiences yet she's supposed to be the authority on what we eat in Italy just because she used to live within our borders once upon a time? Really?

And her wikipedia article is very, very misleading. It claims she married in 1955 and moved to to New York soon after. Therefore, Hazan is her /married/ name, right? Well, this doesn't make sense because https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maiden_and_married_names#Italy

See? I find it very unlikely that she met and married her husband in Italy because the whole concept of 'married name' is entirely alien to us. She may have been born in Italy, sure, but by her own admission (according to that wiki article, anyway), she never cooked a day in her life until she got married, right? And by our own laws, had she been married in Italy, she'd not have taken her husband's name. See where I'm going with this? Basically, evidenced by the fac that she has her husband's name rather than taken her own, we can assume she was married abroad and learned to cook abroad. Therefore, what she has to say has very little to do with what we know about, cook or eat in Italy. She's writing, documenting and cooking for a foreign audience. Find me an Italian-language recipe for Italian people for alfredo sauce. I'll wait.
>>
Alright familia about to start making it. I've looked over a few recipes and they are similar, I'm just going to follow a basic guideline and get a feel for what to add. Here's what I have to work with, though I may not use it all

Heavy cream
Quality Michigan butter
Bel gioso parmesan
Bel gioso Romano
Bulb of garlic
One shallot
Fresh parsley
Fresh broccoli
Pepper mill
Salt

I think I may mince the shallot and a bulb or two of garlic to sautee in some butter. I got parmesan and Romano, should I go straight parmesan or do a blend of the two? The broccoli will most likely be simply steamed and served as a side. Parsley is to be chopped and use as garnish. I decided against fucking with chicken this time.
>>
>>7442582
Holy shit. Calm the fuck down.
Thought we were having a conversation, not an argument.
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7441986
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
Melt together in a pan
Mix in 2 cups milk (No lower than 2%)
Whisk
Add 2tsps garlic powder or minced garlic to taste
1/2 tsp black pepper
2-4 ounces parmesan
pinch or two of salt until it loses its stomach churning tanginess or tone it down to desired level.

Cook until smooth, creamy and thick, add to fettucini. Variance in parmesan is for thickening purposes.

Basic simple Alfredo sauce you can find the ingredients for without having to leave a walmart and is miles better than any canned sauce. Probably not Mexican Goat Anus Taco authentic, but whatever.
>>
OP better fuckin come back here and tell us what he did and how it worked out...
>>
>>7444571
Jesus christ please kill youself and take your recipe with you

>adding garlic at the end

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: mA4MuT9.jpg (70 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [Google]
mA4MuT9.jpg
70 KB, 1631x1571
>>7444598
I'm back. It turned out just about perfect. I alllllmost used garlic but I was sharing it with a qt who might let me kiss on her later so I didn't want her to be self conscious or for me to smell either. I seasoned it with a minced shallot instead.

I melted 6 tbsp of salted butter on medium high and threw in the shallot to saute and soften up. Then I threw a pound of fettuccine in salted boiling water. When the shallot was soft I poured a pint of heavy cream into the pot and brought it to a boil. I let it roll for a few minutes to reduce a little and removed it from heat. I drained the pasta after 9 minutes, saving 1/4 cup of pasta water. I put the pasta, water, sauce mix back in the main pot over medium heat. I added a little over a cup of fresh grated parmesan, a few cranks of black pepper and mixed it up for a couple minutes to blend. Plated it alongside steamed broccoli seasoned with just salt and pepper and garnished the pasta with a little chopped parsley and a couple pinches of grated romano cheese. Wa la.Turned out great and we both loved it.
>>
>>7444908
YESSSS OP this is a solid fett alfredo. Thank you for ignoring >>7444571
>>
>>7445339
Aye it was tip top notch. The only thing I would do differently is either adding more cream or reducing the amount of pasta, it was really thick and not as saucy as I'd have liked. I'll also probably half the recipe, I made an insane amount of food. It's good leftover though. And yes >>7444571 sounds disgusting tbqh with you
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.