[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
food boxes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
what does /ck/ think of blue apron/hello fresh/other box-of-ingredients subscription services? I think the portions are too small...
>>
>>7402459
Expand. I think it's a complete waste of money, but never tried it.
>>
I like the idea, but it seems a bit pricey and I've heard of people getting rotten/spoiled ingredients.

That said, being able to experiment with things you might not ordinarily make seems like a great way to expand and fill out your repertoire. I'll be honest, though, I'd be pissed if one of the meals I paid so much money for was that carrot and kale salad.
>>
Seems a bit tacky to me, and totally destructive to a budding cook's versatility. Supposing you're cooking for someone and they want a substitution due to allergies or preference. If all you have are the specific ingredients/instructions/skills for that exact recipe, you're fucked.

It also seems patronising to have a recipe source hand you all the ingredients in a box, like you're not smart enough to buy them yourself.

Still, I'm sure there's a big market for it. Until they start properly teaching cooking in school, there will always be a lot of people who have no idea how a kitchen works.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.