[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetically speaking could i live getting all the nutrition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-02-16-12-04-46-1051400498.jpg (12 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-16-12-04-46-1051400498.jpg
12 KB, 275x183
Hypothetically speaking could i live getting all the nutrition i need in jello form?
After a little reading i see gelatin without sugar is actually good for you.
Juicing is a bit of a fad but getting more fruits and vegetables into your diet can't be a bad thing.
Gelatin can set without being brought up to a temperature that would kill the cultures in yogurt or kombucha.
You could even fortify the jello with vitamins and fish oil and things.
>How would the body react to eating nothing but jello
>>
We use Knox plain gelatin in lots of stuff, adding it to a fruit juice lets you make "jello" without the silly artificial colors that exist only to make the shit stain anything it gets on.

But yeah... Add enough Gelatin and you can turn pretty much any liquid into gel. Alcohols obviously loosen it up, but with the proper ratios you can gel some pretty strong drinks.

Not sure how oils would interact, but last thanksgiving my daughter took some of the stock I made out of the leftover turkey carcass and made jello for the dog and cats with it. That had a pretty high fat content and still managed to gel up pretty well.
>>
>>7382574
Soup jello....
You sir... are a genius.
>>
Isn't this pretty much similar or same as aspic?
>>
your butt would be a mess
>>
>>7382877
I didnt know that was a thing. I lold seeing an egg in jello
>>
>>7382483
This really is what the 60s were about in the US. Savory jello molds were a big thing.
http://pzrservices.typepad.com/vintagerecipes/jell-o-in-its-many-forms/

That will give you some ideas. The corned beef one looks horrifying.
>>
Soylent Jello
>>
>>7383307
If a giant will grund your bones to make its bread
Does that mean giant bread is jello?
>>
>>7382574
stock gels up on its own tho
or is that what you meant?
>>
File: gelatinecookbook.jpg (103 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
gelatinecookbook.jpg
103 KB, 1280x960
>>7382483
Get a copy of this.
>>
File: gelatinesecrets.jpg (149 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
gelatinesecrets.jpg
149 KB, 1600x1200
Plenty of horrifying possibilities in this.
>>
>>7382483
You'd still need vitamins, or your heart would stop working. Without fiber you would literally just piss out your ass on a daily basis, which could probably cause anal fissures if your GI tract is anywhere near acidic. I don't think living off of jello is a good idea
>>
>>7385386
The idea is if i got all the nutrition i require
Vitamins
Fiber
Everything
In jello, would i be healthy
>>
>>7382483
> How would the body react to eating nothing but
It will probably react shit. We are food-cooking primates. Eat like a food-cooking primate.
>>
>>7382877
Yes
>>
>>7387078
It would be cooked
Like soup but jello
Also smoothies
Was kind of wondering what would happen to noodles, rice or even flour.
Jello tamale
>>
I take vitamin and fiber supplements in jello form. Those savory recipes and the fruits and shit would probably cover your protein and carb requirements.

I say go for it.

Also now I want jello beer.
>>
>>7384759
No, she added a crapton of Knox to it.

Have you even made jello and then added like three packages of Knox?

It goes way beyond being jello, it gets like halfway to ballistic gel kinda think mess. You cut it into shapes with cookie cutters and eat it as finger food.

She did that with it, a whole level above and beyond the loose set that stock takes in the fridge.

It was hilarious watching the cats bat it around the kitchen floor trying to eat it.
>>
>>7387531
Maybe it works if you carefully prepare all jello.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if some overabundance of gelatin or agar agar or whatever had some undesirable side-effects, either.
>>
>>7382574
is your daughter hot?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.