[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biscuit bread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
I recently was linked a video of some very tasty looking bacon and cheese bombs which i want to try and make. However the recipe asks for biscuit dough (pilsbury grands in this case), and this is not something i can get hold of in the UK.

So can anyone give me a good simple mix for this dough?

https://youtu.be/rluvvGdhRVo
>>
>>7192990
The biscuit dough in your picture Brand? It comes in two types...flakyish kind of like croissant dough, or the southern style which is very similar to your scone recipe. The latter might have a bit of a yeast rise step.

Make biscuits. Cut in butter/shortening/lard into flour with baking soda in it, add dairy of choice (from buttermilk to cream), and roll out. Cut out. To make a flakier biscuit, you book the dough (fold and roll out mulitple times), such as you do for homemade croissants. This presses butter into thin sheets which steam and make layers of crispy dough.

If your recipe allows it, the easiest biscuits are drop biscuits, which skip rolling completely.
>>
>>7192990
That's just a scone lad.
>>
>>7192999
The guy in the video used the exact dough in the picture but thanks for the help. I shall try and make some up later tonight.
>>
I use Grands for biscuits and gravy.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.