[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/ck/ what's a good store bought mustard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: beer caraway mustard.jpg (89 KB, 1200x859) Image search: [Google]
beer caraway mustard.jpg
89 KB, 1200x859
/ck/ what's a good store bought mustard?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 116x273) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 116x273
It's my ideal mustard.
I only use mustard for sandwiches, and this is perfect for that. Might not be the best for cooking.
>>
>>7162506
>/ck/ what's a good store bought mustard?
Ahh, really depends what you're looking for, ya know? When they adjust the pH with the vinegar, it "halts" the hotter thing, so it's how it's made and what your recipe wants.

I really adore a hot creole mustard, so if you have access to Zatarains, or a kosher deli equivalent like Batampe, that's ideal for some applications.

I also love a grainy, not too hot, not too acidic mustard like inglehoffer original "stone ground" you can apply a few Tbsps of that to any sandwich, or side to sausage. Amazing stuff, prolly my #1 and the squeeze container version makes a wide flat ribbon that goes well on a bratwurst bun.

Never buy honey mustard, simply stir in your favorite honey to any mustard and you're done. The aroma of orange blossom, clover or whatever honey you use just gets it that much tastier. I love a local avocado honey plus grey poupon basic dijon. A tsp of cream or mayo will make it dijonnaise. A generous amount of curry powder, lime zest and mango chutney will turn it into something better than the sauce at say a Chicken Kitchen.
>>
I recently watched Angst and wanted something to dip my sausage into.
>>
>>7162526
>inglehoffer

i recognize the circle bottle. had the honey though. will try the original stone ground
>>
>>7162542
Plochmans makes some really good stone ground mustard too.
>>
>>7162530
i am 100% dick baby
>>
Any dijon mustard. It's difficult to fuck up.
>>
French Dijon mustard.
It's very common in France, I don't know about the USA, maybe in delicatessen.
>>
Colemans is awesome, I had never had it until quite recently. Mix, sit for 10-20 minutes, hot as fuck mustard!

Aldi had a line of german mustards for a while, and my favorite one was the whole seeded mustard.
>>
>>7162506
I hear Pitzman's is good.
>>
> buy Mailles dijon mustard, the one pretty much any chef in any cooking show uses when talking about mustard

It's way vinegary.

Should call it mustard flavored vinegar instead of mustard.
>>
File: mustard.jpg (653 KB, 2274x2274) Image search: [Google]
mustard.jpg
653 KB, 2274x2274
>>7162506
http://shop.braswells.com/Braswells-Select-Mustards-and-Relishes_c12.htm

If you arent in the southeast, go fuck yourself
>>
There isn't one mustard that's the best for everything. Edmond Fallot makes some pretty good mustard though .
>>
File: 38178278123.png (214 KB, 368x560) Image search: [Google]
38178278123.png
214 KB, 368x560
>>7162506
Pretty much this. It adds just a little bit of spice to whatever you put it on.
>>
File: stadiummustrd.jpg (157 KB, 669x1500) Image search: [Google]
stadiummustrd.jpg
157 KB, 669x1500
Mildy spicy and smooth, but not lacking character, it's quite versatile. This is my favorite all-around mustard. I also keep a bottles of Kosciusko coarse grained mustard, several packets of that Chinese restaurant hot mustard, Silver Spring horseradish mustard, Maille dijon, and Gulden's honey mustard. Also some pretzel mustard from Aldi.
>>
File: mustard.jpg (124 KB, 566x1048) Image search: [Google]
mustard.jpg
124 KB, 566x1048
Well, my grocery store has six of them so I'm going to try them all. Thanks guys!
>>
>>7163416
Get the Colman's powder
>>
>>7163416
colman's is phenomenal on toast with sardines, and on hot pastrami sandwiches. get on that shit.
>>
>>7163224

Yep. Pitzman's is my secret ingredient. It's the best.
>>
>>7162526

Exactly. I like different mustards for different things.
>>
god tier
>>
>>7163416
+1 for the dinglehopper I dont know anything about german food but ive heard its authinticish or something and its good with fried sausage or on sandwichs
>>
>>7163416
>Spending $22 on mustard
absolute madman
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.