[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you ever follow the directions to a T and still have the food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0
do you ever follow the directions to a T and still have the food turn out bad?

I cooked a veggie patty, 3 minutes on each side at medium heat just like the directions said. and it still turned out cold. had to throw it out, couldnt cook it some more because i already put mustard on it.
>>
Veggie patty

2/10

Cold Veggie patty
0/10
>>
>>7868991
Nope. Following directions exactly is silly. Different stoves have different heat outputs. Different pans heat up at different rates. Different people form their patties with different thicknesses. Trusting an exact time for cooking is stupid. Instead, pay attention to what's happening with the food and adjust your cooking time accordingly.

Same thing with ingredients: ingredients vary in flavor. Blindly throwing in the exact proportions a recipe calls for is silly. Instead, taste the food and adjust accordingly. You may need more or less of an ingredient (or seasoning) depending on the taste of the specific things you have.
>>
>>7868991
>veggie patty
That where you went wrong m8. When will you people learn that vegetables aren't meat?
>>
Most recipes out there are terrible and created by people who think it is great merely for the fact that they made it. Very seldom will you find a good recipe.
>>
>>7869006
i eat meat but still like a good veggie patty sometimes, falafel sandwiches are good
>>
>>7869006
baka
>>7869042
right

OP, just cook it till its done, don't follow the box if your oven is retarded
>>
Instructions are just a guideline in cooking, dum dum. You're supposed to pay attention to the food with your senses, not turn a knob to a random number and stare at the clock on your phone.

>couldnt cook it some more because i already put mustard on it

I've worked in restaurants before where I saw the grill cook drop something on the floor while taking it off the grill (and the floor is pretty disgusting in a kitchen), pick it up yelling "5 second rule", rinse it off in the sink, then throw it back on the grill for another 20 seconds to make sure it's warm again.
>>
If it turned out badly, you didn't follow it to a T

I "followed directions to a T" for a cake but used the wrong sized pan. Guess What? It didn't cook all the way through and it was stuck to the bottom.
>>
>>7868991
You couldn't cook it more because you already put mustard on it.... What kind of retard autist logic is that... Is this bait?
>>
>>7869195
Enraged red frog memes are a guaranteed indicator of autism.
>>
>>7869195
OP blindly followed a recipe and didn't adjust accordingly is a red flag for autism.
>>
>>7869195
Using memes and recipes are symptoms of autism.
>>
posting on a celtic bog-butter burying board is a clear indicator of autism
>>
>>7869313
only an autist would post that to ridicule other autists
>>
>>7869321
only an autist would post.
>>
>>7869368
only an autist
>>
>>7869368
Only an autist would use the word autist unironically.
>>
>>7869042
yeah falafel is great but its falafel not a fucking veggie patty.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.