[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
homemade pasta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Is it worth it to make my own pasta? Is it marginally better than the store bought dried ones?
And can I make it look okay with using just the knife without a pasta machine?
>>
>>7867409
the only difference between homemade pasta and boxed is the amount of trintogens found in dried pasta. almost all the big brands (barilla, dampens, nitolli, dallas starkmore, etc) employ a process where immediately after cooking the pasta is sent to a deep freeze. they then introduce trintogenic oxide which removes the frozen water from the noodle. they do it this way because its much quicker and heat drying would detralize the makeup of the noodle. trintogenic residue left unwashed from the machines has caused birthfind decay in the metal and even has caused rust in specific elloy containers. the fda never really approved or denied the substance for human consumption. in the late 1960s it was primarily extracted by a company in great favor to the fda, as it was it's largest booster and donated nearly 3 billion for research labs and funding for studies. since 1968 the company Tritonics Allianc has donated over 600 billion to the FDA. (600 billion documented, some analyst suggest it could be 1 trillion).

I'd just make my own i guess.
>>
It's a different consistency. I wouldn't say one is better than the other per se. There may be stores near you that make fresh pasta.
>>
It's not worth the effort.
>>
>>7868365
wut

>>7867409
Depends on how much semolina costs for you.

You can also make egg pasta, which should be cheaper, costing about $1.32 per pound, dry. This is a savings because egg pasta usually costs around double that of regular pasta, going for anywhere between $1.99 - $2.99/lb.
>>
>>7867409
If you are willing to spend at least 15 minutes working the dough, it's worth it. If not, don't even bother. And you can use a knife of course, I use a pizza cutter.
>>
File: ..and this is our son's room.png (50 KB, 767x862) Image search: [Google]
..and this is our son's room.png
50 KB, 767x862
>>7867409
>that image
so what is he trying to accomplish?
Does he smell good?
Does he smell like shit?
I understand the concept of having collections but why deodorant cans?
Its not like anyone is going to go "oh sweet collection bro, you really put effort in to collect these"
The miles will be collecting something like toilet paper rolls or shampoo bottles
>>
>>7870057
it would really be his moms collection since shes the one that buys it for him.
And also it usually takes me a month to use up one can.
he has 26
how quickly does he use them up?
even if he somehow uses a can each week (jesus christ) thats still 26 weeks of slowly building a tower of junk
but i doubt he would go 26 months with them building up
holy fuck how strong of a scent will that guy have
>>
>>7867409
>Is it worth it to make my own pasta?
Yes.

>Is it marginally better than the store bought dried ones?
Yes.

>And can I make it look okay with using just the knife without a pasta machine?
Yes.
>>
>>7867409

Fresh pasta tastes incredible, no matter who makes it. It takes considerable effort to make, though, so if you can find a local vendor (I get mine from a farmers market) it's almost certainly a better option. It's worth noting, though, that it will be at LEAST twice as expensive as dry pasta. That's still gonna be like seven or eight bucks tops, but that's definitely relevant for some people.
>>
>>7870057
>anon watches a Refn movie
>>
It's better to make your own sauce.

In b4 Marie.
>>
The only reasons to make your own pasta are as follows
>you are trying to get pussy
>you are making your grandma's incredibly annoyiny meatball ravioli recipe for a massive family gathering
>you spent 40 fucking hours making the tiny meatballs, why not spend another 40 hours rolling out the massive sheets of dough to make the ravioli

at least the kids enjoy it, but lets not pretend it's anything but a retarded pastime in this day and age. nonna had to spend all god damn day in the kitchen to feed 11teen farm workers, you do not
>>
>>7867409
Professional chef here

If I could get away with my financial backer letting me use dry noodles I would.

Fresh noodles are tedious to make and are barely a percentage point better than boxed shit
>>
>>7870303
>"son are you okay"
>"im a real human bean"
>>
>>7870417

It takes literally 30 minutes to make enough pasta for two meals (freezing half) and the results are exceptionally better than store pasta.

If it takes you more than 30 minutes to make meatballs, well, you lost the plot kid.
>>
>>7867409
Unless you go to the massive pain in the ass of making eggless dough, whatever you make is going to have egg in it and consequentially taste more like spaetzle than what you're used to.

Of course, for some styles of pasta this doesn't really matter but for anything thin it really does.
>>
>>7867409
the only point to make fresh Pasta is filled Pasta (raviolis, etc) you can put in what ever you like (ricotta, spinach, mushrooms, meat, Fish , herbs, etc)

making tagliatelle etc is not really interested imho
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.