[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Lacemarket
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1
File: lace.png (331 KB, 811x470) Image search: [Google]
lace.png
331 KB, 811x470
Looks like the admins are finally doing something about their site. Watchlists are back and descriptions are shown without having to click on them.

What do you think of the site? Any complaints so far?
>>
Cool, maybe 'no replicas' will actually be a real thing now and replica posters banned. Time to test this out.
>>
>>9090943
I'm probably just dumb, but how do I access the testing site? I still have the old one
>>
>>9090953
You have to sign up for it on the old site and wait for an email containing the link to the new one.
>>
My only complaint is how boring it looks. Even the profiles lack pictures, reviews, etc. I was hoping there would be a little more graphics to it than there is. Looks like a rip off of craigslist.
>>
>>9090956
So will the new site ever go public?
>>
>>9090960
Once people are done testing it and any major bugs are fixed.
>>
I dislike that our real names are posted publicly. I dislike it so very very much.
>>
>>9091016
Well it makes it a little inconvenient for the B/S/T thread here, doesn't it? But they probably only care about trying to keep scamming/replicas down over there.
>>
I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate the new layout.
>>
>>9091016

Oh ew no. Good god, I like to keep everything on lock as much as possible. Especially with a subgroup that draws a lot of obsessive people.
>>
>>9091016

So how exactly are they going to enforce this?
>>
>>9090943
This page looks generic. How can it be called LM when there is no lace?
>>
>>9091164
They're probably trying the Facebook approach of, if people are forced to use a real identity, they will be less likely to post and do stupid shit online.

When it comes to money, I'm fine with this. I want the fact that someone is a scammed to be attached to their name.
>>
>>9091016
I don't like this either. If I'm paying someone over PayPal I don't mind, but having it public for everyone to see? Bloody hell.
>>
>>9090956
Wtf. I have a bunch of stuff I just listed for sale. I hope feedback gets migrated over, I took a lot of losses to make sales when I needed the money
>>
>>9091016
Welp I'm off to sell and buy elsewhere.
>>
>>9091016
Holy hell no. I don't use Facebook and I don't have my real name attached to anything. I have a really unique name and I am not about to throw it out there and have people I know/creepers/employers look me up. I'm not using Lace Market anymore.
>>
>>9091016
Why should anyone but those who you end up conducting a financial transaction with need to know your name? If you scam them, are a poor seller, your name can be disclosed on a ban list, otherwise there is no reason for names to be public. How can they enforce that anyway?
>>
>>9091432
Same here. I've only ever seen two other people show up anywhere with my name (IRL and online), and one of the two is my older cousin. It'd be too easy for someone that knows of me to track things about me online. That's why I never use my real name on anything either that goes up online.
I hope you can get around actually putting your real name once the final version rolls out.
>>
There's no way in hell I'm okay with the name thing. It won't stop scammers. There isn't enough legal or monetary enforcement to actually stop them. It will only make it easier for people who know my real name to connect my spheres. And as someone who's professional, I'd really rather not.
>>
>>9091016
This is horrible. If I'm actually going through with a transaction a f exchanging money, yeah. They can have my name. But just out there for everyone to take note of? Fuck that.
>>
>>9091486
Any and everyone signed up for the new version should request this as it may be easier to change now while they are build-testing the site and harder later.
>>
>>9091520
This.

>>9091432
>>9091486
Much like these two I am a victim of parents who just had to give their child the most unique name possible shit, so I am the only person with my name. Never met anyone else with it and most people assume it's foreign.
that being said, I don't use my real name on facebook. I've had employers google me before and it's some scary shit but thankfully nothing shows up other than the usual stuff.

But if you could only view names if you were logged in or something like that, it might cut down on scamming more?

I'm really torn on this cause yeah, I don't want to use my real name for this.
>>
>>9091016
Well, that's certainly a massive deal breaker if they don't fix that. First of all, as someone already pointed out, bitches get really obsessed with each other in this fashion, I don't even use my real name on FB for that reason. Secondly, people who buy a bunch of shit aren't going to want their real name attached to a page detailing how they spend tens of thousands on clothes every year. Lastly, those of us who have names rarer than Sarah Smith or some generic shit, aren't gonna want lolita sales coming up when potential employers Google us. This wasn't thought through very well by LM. Maybe if a bunch of us send them feedback about why it's shitty, they'll change it? If not, there's plenty of other options for buying shit.

>>9091028
Your name doesn't have to be public to quell scamming and replica posting. If someone scams someone, then their real name should be added to a public list, but other than that there is no valid reason why they need to be public.
>>
I know they probably wanna do anyway with scammers but having your real name out there in public? Not even Ebay makes your real name visible until the PayPal/posting stage. I'm not comfortable with this.
>>
I've been on the verge of leaving LM for a while now, but after some of these new changes, I'm definitely not going back to the site. I have a couple friends working on a new BST site that basically combines all the good things about our existing ones with some new stuff added. I've seen what they have so far and it looks very promising. Hopefully, now that LM has really gone to shit, they'll work more to get it up faster.
>>
The only thing I want is the option of other currencies. It's a fucking pain in the ass to use this site as a Eurofag.

>>9091016
Wait, is is true or a fucking joke? Does this mean I have to delete my existing account until the new site goes live to avoid my name to be made public? They can't do this without your consent right? Or can they? I'm fucking paranoid now. And why is there no public announcment about that? I just checked lacemarket and their facebook and couldn't find anything about it. I would have never found out about that without cgl (before it's too late).
>>
>>9091986
I'm very uncomfortable having my real name out in public because my last name is extremely rare, as in only 3 other people in the world have it and I don't want people to be able to view that
>>
>>9091996
Same. My last name isn't as rare as yours but it is uncommon. I'm worried cos the spelling of my first name is American and I live in the UK, so when you put my rare spelling first name and uncommon last name, it is obvious it is me.
>>
>>9091995
I'm >>9091016 and no I am not joking. You can even tell from OP's post how it looks. It bugs me and i've emailed them feedback. Hopefully others do too.
>>
>>9091986
it doesn't surprise me that LM wants to do this, they have no sense of privacy for their users.

i've raised this issue in the past and people don't seem to care, but i think our feedback pages should also have the option of hiding our past purchases. ebay removes listing details after a certain period of time too.

it's nice to have a price history, but i don't want people to know about everything i've bought or sold on LM with no way to delete it.
>>
>>9092076
ebay removes them after like 3 years, but I've wanted past purchases hidden too.
>>
>>9092076
>i don't want people to know about everything i've bought or sold on LM with no way to delete it.
Why?
>>
>>9092253
dif anon but I've been given shit for the amount of money I've spent on lolita. who cares what the fuck I do with my money, it's not like I'm using credit cards, daddy's bank account, or pulling out loans???
>>
>>9092253
Could be many reasons. Searchability of listings and your real name connected with lolita on Google for say your boss, co-worker or your mother to see. Some people are nosey, judgemental, etc. some people have let things go for lower prices than they wanted to so if you can see this in their feedback, you'll ask a lower price.
Some people are subtle scalpers but the pattern emerges if buys vs sells can be connected via real name. One of my friends buys lower, wears a few times then sells higher all the time, it's actually the way she does lolita and makes some money off it to fund her closet but you'd only know this if you see both her Lacemarket and her Facebook.

Accountability enough for a username feedback thread and a transaction history are good but there's no actual need to tie a real name with it.
>>
>>9092217
the listing details disappear from your profile after 3-6months (i.e. people can't view/click them from your feedback profile), and everything including the title is removed after a longer period of time.

>>9092253
i've had people message me and beg me to sell them xyz dream dress or make snide remarks about my spending, things like that.
>>
OP here.

Yes, the site shows your real name for all people to see, logged in or not. I cropped the picture that way because otherwise, you could see my real name, something I didn't want to share.

Not sure if you can find LM users by their name via search engines. I think the current site is unlisted so you can't, but that will probably change when the site goes live.

Currently all feedback is missing. I can't even find my active bids on the site. Unsure why.
>>
>>9092268
>i've had people message me and beg me to sell them xyz dream dress or make snide remarks about my spending, things like that.
This makes sense.

>>9092267
Sorry, this thread is sketching me out hard. But yeah, that makes sense.
>>
The mobile site Absolutely FUCKING SUCKS for me.

-numbers jumbled together
-no way of accessing anything other than the main page
-cant click on any listings

I don't know if that's just the mobile sight but I'm disappointed
>>
>>9091805
I am the only person who has ever existed with my first and last name. I'm scared of putting it out there. I already go by a different last name for Lolita.
>>
>>9092267
Wow, I hate people who do that.
>>
>>9091016
Looks like they've already changed it to use usernames instead of real names

>>9091520
This
>>
I guess whenever I created my account I used a bogus name because that's what it shows. Dodged that bullet.
>>
Also this doesn't seem to sort very well or show me most recent items added. I still see the same headpieces when I visit the site today when I first load it.
>>
>>9092449
LaceMarket dev here, the testing site is using a copy of the data from the current site. It isn't importing new data. Once the site is launched everything will be synced.
>>
Is feedback disabled on the old lm until the new one is finished? I tried to leave some but it won't let me, and I've emailed admin, but the email couldn't be delivered.
>>
>>9092076
>>9091996
>>9091986
>>9091984
>>9091805
>>9091432
>>9091486
>>9091492
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue but why not simple edit your name to a real sounding one is not that they will ask you for an identification or birth certificate to validate
>>
>>9093109

And that's exactly fucking why it won't stop scammers. It's a retarded rule that people who don't want to use their real name and scammers will find loopholes around. Good effort, but it's an annoyance for the average seller and absolutely nothing for the dedicated scammer.
>>
>>9092372
Does what, buy low sell high? Why? She buys an item in her substyle that is priced under the market value and wears it, then sells at the going rate. She actually wears what she buys before selling, shes not a flipper or a scalper, just a really smart shopper. She doesn't over-price her items so it's not like she's trying to scam.
>>
>>9093019
Nothing is disabled on the old LM, you can reach us at lacemarketnet at gmail dot com

or you can message us on our facebook page.
>>
>>9093161
So why have the site admin been MIA until now? Are you going to crack down on removing replica listings from here out?
>>
>>9093165
From what I understand, there was a period in which support was spotty, but that has since been dealt with. The admin recently enlisted me to help with the rewrite.

Moderation (e.g. dealing with replicas) is pretty hard to do on the existing site. The backend in wordpress doesn't offer any help for this kind of thing.
With the rewrite of the application we'll be able to provide a more usable system to ensure reported listings go through quality control.
>>
>>9093128
Anon, that is flipping. And I can only think of people like this girl.
>http://www.lacemarket.us/alice-and-the-pirates-lacy-pumps-white/
>$115 shipped from the US
>http://www.lacemarket.us/a-p-lacy-pumps/
>$120 shipped from Korea
>bonus scratch on shoes
I really hope no noob will buy this, luckily noobs tend to skimp on shoes. But if someone does this with dresses, I have no respect for them.
>>
>>9093418
So what if people flip dresses? If a dress someone wants to sell is worth more than what they paid for it, why should they feel obligated to price it lower? It's a collectible fashion, if this concept bothers you so much, you might want to find a different one.

Also
>getting mad enough at a $5 upcharge to post it
At least use a more overt example
>>
>>9091994
I'd love updates on this.
>>
>>9093509
No, she scratched the shoes and still expects more, even if she sold at the same price, that's stupid to think they hold the same value.
>>
>>9093636
I'm not arguing that it's silly, but it's not an extreme enough example to get so mad over. Just simply don't buy the pair she's selling. Something worthy of sandiness would be if someone posted the latest AP craze immediately after it sold out for three times the asking price, without precedence for the upcharge.
>>
>>9093658
No, that's scalping. Either way, I hate both. I don't care that people do it, I can dislike it all I want. I'm allowed to have an opinion anon. Having an opinion about sales doesn't mean get out of the fashion.
>>
>>9093665
Different anon but it's a dumb opinion and you're welcome to keep it.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.