[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: popular lolitas bitch about problems centered around their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2
File: 1447783168195.png (579 KB, 450x541) Image search: [Google]
1447783168195.png
579 KB, 450x541
ITT: popular lolitas bitch about problems centered around their popularity.

>people I don't know thinking that we're friends just because they follow me online, even though we don't speak
>sometimes newbs are awkward AF around me and some have even gone so far as to call me senpai the first time I speak to them
>there is always at least one jelly sandwich that throws me massive shade at meets anytime I show up in something rare and/or pricey
>people trying to be friends for the sake of becoming popular themselves or because they think I'll buy them shit
>>
>>9065941
that's the price of popularity. get used to it.
>>
>>9065950
Or maybe people should stop using people's efame as justification to be shitty?
>>
Don't make fan pages about yourself.
Keep your SM sites private.
Only friend lolitas who you have met before.
Limit what you post on the SM sites.
>>
>>9065969
It's not a justification. It just comes with the territory. Either you crack down more (make a post about this kind of behavior and say that you won't tolerate it, block any undesirables) or be prepared to deal with those types of people. No matter how restrictive you are or how vocal you are about these issues, there will always be the few that don't care/don't get the fact that you're not their best buddy just because you post a few things online. I agree with the other anon about limiting exactly what and how much you post on SM. Won't stop people from being invasive but it will give them less to go off of.
>>
>>9065941
You reap what you sow. Get over it.
>>
>omg life is 2 hard because am so popular
no sympathy, you callous fuck.
>>
>>9066023
>>9066068
>this level of salt
Why is it that seagulls hate popular lolitas so much regardless of context? Is it a jealousy thing?
>>
>>9066172
It's not about popularity, it's about your complaining. Why do people hate attention whores?
>>
>>9066177
>complaining about people complaining about things on a website where everyone complains about everything
>>
>>9066177
Everyone complains. Everyone.
If it's not about how the latest AP release was in your shopping cart but the site lagged long enough that you couldn't pay and you missed out, it's about how much you hate this season's prints or how tired you are of that one girl at the meet who won't stop talking about her greasy new boyfriend.
Some people complain about things that you don't (and probably won't) experience, get over it. All of the things listed in the OP are valid reasons to be annoyed.
>>
>>9066177
... How is this attention whoring? It's completely anonymous.
>>
Not a lolita, but I'll pitch in.

>popular youtube channel compared to everyone else in niche community
>not popular enough to flaunt it

Seriously, 30,000 subs should be impressive, but I just feel inadequate.

Also
>mediocre
>still better than 99% of fans
gets me every time.
>>
>never publicly being able to get legitimate coord feedback ever again
>knowing there are some places to improve, but awkward ass-kissing makes it hard to pinpoint
>followers harassing "haters" and fighting my battles, thus fueling the fire

and oddly
>most hate coming from residents of mexico
>>
>>9065941
Go home Kate.
>>
>>9066172
>immediately gets super defensive
>lol jealous!
I love lolita comms.
>>
>>9066233
>never publicly being able to get legitimate coord feedback ever again
Get actual friends who can tell you the truth. Most people don't ask for "public feedback."
>knowing there are some places to improve
Then grow a spine for yourself and improve what you think you need.
>thus fueling the fire
Be less transparent on social media, you shouldn't be "battling" unsavory opinions or you'll constantly be wasting time.

What's with popular people wanting the constant validation of others but then act shocked when they actually receive the attention? You must have mental diseases.
>>
I feel like the people with the "reap what you sow" mentality toward efame don't understand how easy it is to get a large following online, even when you're not trying. I got 2 thousand followers in less than a month just because I posted decent pics of my Puppet Circus one time. That was literally all it took. Now I'm almost up to 20k a year later and my content hasn't really improved. I only post pics of my new dresses and reblogs, that's it. I also barely post any pics of myself online, but I find meet up pics of me and gossip on here all the time. It's so easy to say "just stop posting publicly online if you don't like it", but look at people like Milkyfawn. People were criticizing her so much for leaving, using that exact same "you brought the attention upon yourself!" reasoning. So, it's like, if you leave because you can't handle it, everyone will fault you using the exact same logic that others use for why they think you should leave. And the thing is, at the end of the day, leaving is only really effective if you weren't THAT popular in the first place. People are still obsessed with Milkyfawn to this day and continue sharing pics and discussing her, this is something far beyond her control at this point. In fact, leaving just stirred the pot for gossip more.

Personally, I enjoy my popularity, although it certainly has its ups and downs. I don't like that I have to watch everything I post very very carefully, especially anything political since Tumblr would see me as a bigot, but 4chan would see me as a SJW since both sites seem to have forgotten what those terms actually mean. I also can't deal with how obsessive my fangirls can get. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love when people come talk to me at cons, but I've had random girls glomp me while I'm in $700+ dresses before while screaming about how much they love me (on not one, not two, but THREE ocassions) and that's not cool.
>>
>>9066246
>calling salt where there's salt is being defensive
Not OP, but you're either brand new or in denial if you don't think there's an underlying element of jealousy on this board when it comes to efamous bitches.
>>
okay a question for those who are considered popular.
Ive been following a girls blog for at least a few years, shes fairly popular though not on GH. lors or MF level but possibly more popular to the European audience. Ill likely be seeing her at an upcoming event, how would i approach her? of course im not going to glomp her or call her sempai but should i just pass on going up to her and saying something like "hey, i follow your blog and have for more than a few years, youre one of my inspirations, can i get a photo?"
>>
>>9066271
nice blog
>>
>>9066271
For me, it's more like you either get a thicker skin or, yes, stop posting. You'll always have annoying people, creeps, assholes. It's just the nature of the game. Some people just don't get boundaries and I feel like those are the people that you'll have to call out if you want them to leave you alone. I'd honestly rather deal with the jealous assholes than the ones that think you're their best friend. Being nice is one thing but obsessing is another.
>>
>>9066288
>>9066287
So. Much. Salt. It's okay. Someday you'll reach her level. Probably not though, cuz you're fat slags teeming with insecurity.
>>
I feel like this thread is full of Kate clones. Everyone screeching about "waaaah ur just jealous of meee", it's exactly her style
>>
>>9066233
>most hate coming from residents of mexico
kek
>>
>>9066288
But when you just stop posting instead of speaking out against the behavior, you're kind of saying in a way that it's the bloggers responsibility to just delete everything, as opposed to the fans responsibility to learn boundaries. Yeah, if you can't handle things like mild criticism, you shouldn't be online, but there's a difference between that and dealing with people who seriously do not get boundaries. Especially when, like I said, deleting everything doesn't mean people will stop talking to you.
>>9066292
I didn't think the second post was that salty. The "nice blog post" was pretty obnoxious, though.
>>
>>9066292
or I'm just using common sense? Where is the salt exactly? Is getting mad at people being annoying and bothering you because they saw a picture online being salty because okay
>>
>>9066298
Well, when girls are acting salty as fuck over the mere mention of efame, it's not a far reach to assume jealousy is a factor. Especially given that this is /cgl/.
>>
>>9066307
Except it is a far reach to assume that everyone wants efame and all the bullshit that comes with it. It's very arrogant to assume so.

You don't get to have your cake and eat it, too. Things have consequences. You don't have to be "jelly" to know that much
>>
>>9066304
Shit I meant "talking about you", not "talking to you".
>>
>>9066304
No, I don't think it will solve your problems but I think that-if you really are letting it affect you that much-you should probably just take a break. Or at least block messages or something if people are being too invasive online. There is no way to make people stop talking about you unfortunatly, you can't control how people are going to act. Yeah, fans shouldn't be obsessive creeps but the more people that follow you, the more likely it is to happen. I guess that's what I meant by 'the nature of the game'. You've gotta put on a good face and vent to the people that you trust/are your friends. Or here.
>>
>>9066311
God just shut up, you're annoying. How does your bf stand you?
>>
>>9066311
When you're calling girls "Kate clones" because they're making very reasonable complaints about efame in a thread specifically for that purpose, you are probably either a)jealous or b)a salty bitch for no reason. I guess you're B.
>>
>all these jealous bitches
Lmfao. Feels good being above all these hateful idiots. Keep the salt flowing, loves.
>>
>>9066318
If you were expecting zero opinions differing from your own, then you're in the wrong place. Maybe Rufflechat would better meet your expectations.

Also there is just as much salt, if not more coming from the efamous girls in this thread as people on the other side so that argument doesn't really work.
>>
>>9065941
Popular lolita problems:
>having roaches cry and cry whenever someone mentions that they're more successful than they are

My condolences, OP
>>
>>9066334
Yea i hate it when roaches cry, the noise is awful
>>
>>9066314
The problem with communities that are centered online, like Lolita, is that taking a break from interaction means losing a part of what connects you to the community. It's not particularly fair to force someone to give up a mode of interaction just because of a rabid fanbase. Even in very small communities, taking a break from posting online means dropping off the face of the internet. The trusted friends don't really have much to talk to you about grow away from you because they can keep up communication. Some lolitas only have online interactions because the comms they go to are hours away, and giving up their outlet would suck bigtime. It's a damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-complain scenerio.

Most people aren't prepared for popularity, but that doesn't mean they should give up what they love if by chance it happens to them.
>>
>>9066330
I don't know if you bothered reading the thread, but there's at least one anon that isn't agreeing entirely with the efamous girls in a perfectly reasonable way free of salt. If you can't see the difference between that and saying nothing in your post besides comparing them to Kate, then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>9066284
I feel like asking like that and not creeping out on the person for the rest of the event would be appropriate.
>>
>>9066393
And calling everyone with dissenting opinions fat and jealous is perfectly reasonable? Lol ok
>>
But yeah, all salt aside, OP is really obvious bait.
>>
itt:
>Kate wonders how an image board known for it's anonymous users could possibly be disinterested the concept of efame
>>
>>9066271
I feel ya PC-chan, people really need to learn boundaries
>>
Who would you say is the most e-famous lolita in USA? I would say either Kate or Lor, although Kate's not really around as much it seems.
>>
>>9065941
>no public down time
Be hungry, tired, and upset in absolute secrecy. No one deserves to feel insulted or judged by you just because you were crying, sitting down, or eating a sandwich in the corner.

>everyone is your friend
Anyone is allowed to decide that they hate you for any reason, and treat you as such, but you must remain friendly to them. Be friendly to everyone, even strangers. Otherwise you are a cunt.

>there are no more rude questions
In fact, just make a FAQ about your weight and income, because the public has a right to know.

To be fair, I'm being cheeky here with this whining, my (very small) dose of popularity mostly just makes me feel good and admired and has lead me to meet lots of cool people I really admire too.
>>
>>9067844
The first two are pretty standard though. Even when you're not popular, you shouldn't whine too much or be unfriendly to strangers. Not saying be a doormat, but you should show a public face when you're in public. You can think what you want and complain about XYZ in private to close friends (even then, don't be overly salty because honestly, no one really wants negativity in their lives), but to acquaintances/strangers, keep neutral and pleasant. That's the way I was raised, at least.
>>
People crossing the line between fun interactions and being creepers is honestly my only gripe. Then again I haven't seen people throwing shade at me so far so that helps too.

I'd probably be upset if that happens but then I look at lolcow and what kind of stuff they complain about and probably feel better.
>>
>>9066287
This isn't lolcow
>>
File: image.jpg (126 KB, 780x1040) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126 KB, 780x1040
>>
>>9066327
Wow that is a real sad attitude to have mate. I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>9067718
definitely Lor.
Shes likely the most known lolita youtuber.
Kate is only really known if you browse here.yeah she posted on fb and instagram but in that sense so do a lot of others but Cof is only 15 minutes of fame and instagram even less when there are other popular girls and thousands of lolitas.
>>
>>9067718
Lor moved to Canada.
>>
>>9067718
Her time has mostly passed but Lauran was quite popular back in the day. Wish she would still participate.
>>
>>9066194
Everyone craves >(you)s
>>
>>9066242
Go home Fahr!
>>
This is fascinating. I'm just trying to guess who everyone is.
>>
>>9069944
?
>>
Not efamous for Lolita, thank god because this is my space where I'm a nobody and I enjoy it. But, I've learned some things in my time of internet fame. Unfortunately I got dragged into some drama a year ago that I did contribute to, mostly by acknowledging and trying to fight back, which was stupid and entirely fault. I went away for almost a year and reflected a lot.

Don't respond to things, ever. Whatever anons say, whether it is through an anon image board or tumblr, is invisible as far as you're concerned in public. Never forget that internet information is kind of like talking to the police after being arrested: anything you say can and will be used against you. So, be careful of what you reveal and be careful about what you show upsets you. People will spread private and public rumors to tear you down, ignore it no matter what. Acknowledging it never makes it better because the root of it is they want you to respond and the less you do the less interested they will be. If you make a bad situation for yourself then walk away for a while and alter your behavior. Don't make a big public post, don't talk about it, change what you do and move on. Discourage your friends from acknowledging drama about you and definitely let them know you don't want any "whiteknighting."
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.