[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Online comms thread: Dead Horse edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 13
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 738x657) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 738x657
Old thread hit post limit: >>9014341

Found on Rufflechat. I really wish people would stop asking this. It's annoying and pretentious.
>>
>>9039420
I honestly don't know what kind of answer she is expecting.
Shouldn't you want to support the clothing lines that started the whole fucking thing?
I wouldn't stop buying Oreos just because there's 50 off brand ones out there too.
>>
>>9039420
so many other ways to get this message
>what is your favorite brand and why?
>do you like indie brands? why/why not?
>what print types are you fucking sick and tired of
>>
>>9039596
Now I'm craving for Oreos. I tried an off brand and it just wasn't as good. It's was like wearing Chess Story instead of Angelic Pretty cause someone told you that Angelic Pretty was being made in Mexico.
>>
Her icon's a furry, I am not surprised.
>>
>>9040129
same
>>
>>9039420
What is it with RC:U and the same 4 or 5 topics over and over. Or with the same handful of people starting 9 million threads on it.
>>
>>9039420
>"I'm so special, I only buy indie!"
>I hope they don't find out I'm poor.
>>
I just don't get why these people dont just start the conversation instead, they instantly make it a negative thing/complaint.

Instead of putting down brand, why not make it a nice conversation like >>9039603's suggestions. if you want to see indie brand love, start it but there is no need to put other people's favourites/opinions down.
>>
>>9040311
It's the result of call-out culture. You can't just talk to people, you have to immediately establish a moral or ethical platform to judge where others stand.
>>
>>9040341
Yeah that's a good point. Always gotta go in all guns blazing and assume the worst about people
>>
>>9040311
>>9040341
Whenever I see someone start a discussion with that sort of tone I assume they want to provoke a reaction so they can cry about how lolitas are mean brandwhores
>>
>>9040298
>"I'm so special, I only buy bad indie!"
Fixed it for you. No one who buys good indie brand stuff is doing it to save money. High end indie costs as much as, or more than, brand
>>
>>9039420

>they seem to just do rehashed of things they have already done

What are fashion trends jfc.
Like last year where every brand under the sun made a mermaid themed print, fads come and go.
>>
>>9040178
You mean rufflechat
>>
Unable to post caps right now, but someone in big sisters of lolita claims to have 42 cm (16,5 inch) hips. I'm not sure she knows how centimeters work.
>>
>>9040749
Trends aside, if a business makes something and it sells every time they do it, year after year, of course they are going to keep doing it.
>>
>>9040932
flat measure?
>>
>>9040932
>>9040967
Maybe she's literally a doll
>>
>>9039596
>>9039613
Oreos are actually a knock off. I get what you're saying but a funny example to choose since they ripped off Hydrox.
>>
>>9040967
That's what one of the mentors suggested. She claimed her measurements were 78 - 65 - 42.
>>
>>9041635
>mentors
mods. Oops
>>
>>9041635
Those are awful proportions. Gross.
>>
This just got posted to lolita updates of all places. When is this person going to learn?
>>
>>9041715
Was just about to post this. Have they done it before?
>>
>>9040341
Well, that, but also lolitas like to just complain. Also, this sounds like a poorfag noob. Those types always complain about how brand "isn't really worth it".
>>
>>9041719
People keep posting completely unrelated stuff to LU like coord rundowns, dolls and group pictures without fucking realizing the group is not for that.
It's embarrasing and I love to point out how wrong they are.
>>
>>9041635
Is she a chihuahua? Those are impossible measurements, even if they are anorexic.
>>
File: feelthebern.jpg (96 KB, 878x582) Image search: [Google]
feelthebern.jpg
96 KB, 878x582
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet.
>>
File: 1.png (557 KB, 817x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.png
557 KB, 817x1080
>>9042072
>>
File: shesnotfeelingthebern.png (765 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
shesnotfeelingthebern.png
765 KB, 1080x1080
>>9042074
>>
File: 3.png (572 KB, 766x1080) Image search: [Google]
3.png
572 KB, 766x1080
>>9042076
>>
>>9042079
Hasn't Helen done some cringeworthy stuff? I'm surprised she's the one doing this. I might be confusing her with Heidi though.
>>
>>9042129
Nothing comes off the top of my head atm..
Though just mentioning the candidates will bring some cringe in general from the usual ones
>>
>>9042129
Nah Helen is cool. You're thinking of Heidi, who is the tryhardiest of tryhards
>>
>>9042074
>>9042076
>>9042079
Why did people have to try to turn this into a political debate though...like...she was just sharing the screencap because she thought the listing was funny, no one gives a shit in this specific thread about whether Hillary is gonna get the nomination or not, because this isn't a thread about discussing that. That girl who said "Why would you donate your money to a losing candidate" is also super obnoxious, just let people donate to whoever they want?

I dunno, maybe I'm biased because I voted Bernie and also because this whole thread felt like the lolita FB group equivalent of when you tell your parents a joke and they take it super serious.
>>
>>9042434
She usually pops up to say something obnoxious or edgy. Especially if the thread has to do with politics since she's one of those "Trump 4 president or you're a libcuck kek' types.
>>
>>9042434
Because that's almost always what happens when you bring up politics around a big group of people. The same thing happens and worse whenever any kind of right wing politician comes up.
>>
Is this person 12 or just retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 632x1033) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 632x1033
>>9042587
Woops dropped file.
>>
>>9042589
Shit like this and the millionth mislabeled eBay trash nymphet shit are why I unfollowed lolita humor weeks ago
>>
>>9042434
>>9042079
>>9042074

They're joking. Fuck, you guys and that mod are so stupid
>>
>>9042761
Nah, the girl who made the 'why donate your money' comment wasn't joking. Go search any of her comments on RC:U/RC etc and she usually is on posts having to deal with politics and the like to say something cringe. I thought the seller were funny, but it's like the aforementioned girl has a hidden ability to come on any post where Bernie is mentioned to comment some dumb shit.
>>
>>9042784
*oops, meant seller and some of the other people were funny
>>
>>9042589
Why is lolita humor so awful
>>
>>9042819
Anyone can join, most people aren't funny. If most people were funny, comedians would be out of work.
>>
>>9042784
Oh OK . I don't know a lot of people as I'm a lone lolita and just like to watch drama. But I was laughing at that thread, it's better than yet another boring debate about replica-chans and fatties vs "elitist brandwhores"
>>
>>9042761
>>9042867
shut up
>>
>>9042909
>[email protected]
Bitch are you fucking serious?
Is that your current mail?
>>
>>9042909
>i'm the one that needs to calm down
10/10 anon
>>
>>9042909
I've noticed that people have been posting really salty OTT shit like this under emails from the BST thread recently and I wonder if this many people are that forgetful or if there is a vendetta thing going on. Would be a really easy way to tarnish someone's rep.
>>
>>9042930
HWC is using random anon's emails.
>>
>>9042940
It's obviously hwc trolling, anon. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>9044078
I realized that after posting and looking in the tea party thread. Chill on the salt levels.
>>
>>9044100
Yeah, it's incredibly annoying. Easy to spot but still throws some people off, especially if they're new. We should probably just stop using the name field now.
>>
Did anyone get screen caps of the DDLG post on RC: Uncensored?
>>
File: gag.jpg (71 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
gag.jpg
71 KB, 960x540
>What do you feel are donts when in lolita?

>Ooh wearing ankle socks and not shaving my legs. I'm a rebel, I am.

this is fucking gross, I'm all for not shaving your legs if you don't want to, but god damn even straight brolitas shave their legs.

Everything else in the thread I agree on, really, so I was going through all the replies out of curiosity. Wish I hadn't, didn't need to see this.
>>
>>9042819
it was never going to be good.
>>
>>9047808
Gross gross gross.

Almost the whole thread was gross anyway.
"I'm cussing like a sailor in lolita!", "I smoke weed in lolita!", "I don't shave in lolita!".

Wow, you must be soo sooo proud to be gross in nice clothes.
Whenever I see threads like this, all I'm thinking is "Again, people will be proudly proclaiming their gross habits they shouldn't even have."
>>
File: 20160610_162744.png (840 KB, 1068x1555) Image search: [Google]
20160610_162744.png
840 KB, 1068x1555
Btowsing the pet thread in lolita chat box. Why the fuck would you post a photo of your mom with no pants on?
>>
>>9048060
Because only really trashy people dont think about it when they take a picture. It may be normal for her mom to not wear pants. For all we know shes like that even when she has company but ive noticed that when people leave shit lilke that in pictures its cause they dont realize its indecent
>>
>>9044825
Why? Nothing interesting was in it, at least when I saw the post
>>
>>9048060
Wow tacky.
>>
>>9044825
What was a post with that topic even doing there? Now I'm curious.
>>
>>9047918
I don't particularly care about smoking/cursing in lolita, but actually pointing out that you do it?
I've apologised to my comm members several times because I'm just getting back into lolita and forget to watch my tongue. I smoke, but never in sight of the others (never in my dress if I can help it), but the sharing is what gets me. The sharing of an ugly unshaven leggy is the worst.
>>
>>9048186
No one cares about anyone's disgusting habits as long as you keep them away from meets and out of the comm. Edge-chans who don't shave, curse like a sailor and smoke at meets are also probably some of the ones crying about not being invited to 'the private meets' too.
>>
>>9048186
>>9048193
People don't actually care this much about cussing in real life, do they? In my community the most popular girl is the one who cusses more so than others. I don't think it's a huge deal.
>>
>>9048218
Sometimes. There's a difference between cursing occasionally and just being a loud trash mouth. I find it embarrassing to be around someone like that at a public meet in a nice place when we are all beautifully dressed.
>>
The moderators of my local comm Facebook page have not planned a single meet in over a year. I live in a big city with a fairly active group of girls so it's not like there's no reason to plan anything. I think we average at least one meet a month planned by other random members of the comm. I haven't been to literally every meet but Ive been to most and haven't seen any of them there.

Am I expecting too much from our mods? They seem kind of uninvolved and I would really like to have mods who plan shit, start discussions on the page and etc. is it normal for the mods to be inactive?
>>
File: 00139913099SA.jpg (375 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
00139913099SA.jpg
375 KB, 640x640
:c
>>
>>9048258
Accurate
>>
>>9048258
What she do now?

Is she on the Trump Train?
>>
>>9047808
I don't shave at all but I at least wear pantyhose with my summer coords. it's unsightly with the aesthetic otherwise and brolitas should throw down the few bucks that nude hosiery costs.

>>9047918
it isn't gross to have body hair dude lol but it definitely ruins the look so I make the effort to hide it.
>>
>>9048258
whoa, this is intense. wait, is this am upcoming secret or something?

also, I get reeeeeal weary when lolitas call each other racist. 9/10 times they mean to call the person a tumblr-tier SJW, which makes the poster sound like a whiny whitey victim-chan...
>>
>>9048291
I don't think people should be obligated to shave but I find anything more than very light body hair disgusting aesthetic wise. On me, my bf, men, and women. Mixing it with lolita makes it even worse imo.
>>
>>9048291
I'm the Op of the salt, and I have very coarse. dark bodyhair. It will poke out of anything I pull over it unless it's 80D +. so I shave to look nice, even if I'm covering up.

It isn't gross to have bodyhair, but it's fucking disgusting to display it in an elegant fashion like lolita.
>>
>>9048249
There isn't a guideline to being a mod for lolita communities, so what they're "supposed" to do isn't clear. Our mods plan monthly meets, start discussions with specific topics every week, have special occasion events, coordinate stuff with other comms, etc. They didn't do that half a year ago because we weren't as big, but now they're very organized and dedicated.

From the sound of it, your mods just literally mod an FB group and that's it? You should contact one of them and suggest the things you'd like- regular discussion questions, an occasional themed meet, etc. In a polite way, of course.
>>
>>9048060
>>9048088
Like inside-out-dress girl and her husband in his skivvies, aye? I actually opened the screencap hoping it'd be the same girl.
>>
>>9048309
Is this like a new trend for Lolitas or something to be brazen SJWs? Over the last 6 months I have had like 10 Lolitas I used to follow become argumentative tumblr try hard feminist SJWs. It's amusing at first but gets really tiring when you see all the "every one is equal". then turn and say "fuck you and your white washing racism you cis male scum" . I just can't help but roll my eyes and hit the unfollow button when I see this hypocritical shit.
>>
>>9048768
My favourite is when they try to shoehorn lolita into their SJ bullshit.
>>
>>9048768
It might be because if you spew Tumblr crap Tumblr will kiss your butt like there's no tomorrow
>>
>>9048309
>weary
WARY
>>
>>9048775

This is soo true. Appeal to the ass kissing misandrist tumblr side of the Internet and get loads of praise and white knights to back you and your obviously narrow special snowflake opinions. I can name a few Lolitas who have downward spiraled into the tumblr sjw obsession that just make absolute fools of themselves on Facebook. But that would lead to a 2 day ban here because they can't eat what they dish.
>>
>>9048773
My favorite is when they get called out on their obvious racism and get all defensive like you pissed on their cat. I mean they can have an opinion but you can't have an opinion because your "oppressing" their opinion.
>>
>>9048309
I witnessed some of this wank on fb. She made a public post saying that some middle eastern country deserved a massive earth quake because some completely unrelated brown people did a bombing in Paris. And then got really defensive when her friends pointed out how racist that was.
>>
>>9048899
She also whitefaces because she thinks darker skin is ugly, don't forget that.
>>
File: 2016-06-11 01.41.57.png (1007 KB, 1440x1502) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-11 01.41.57.png
1007 KB, 1440x1502
>>9048258
So out of curiosity, I checked out her nonprivate facebook page and found this nonapology
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-11-01-40-31-1.png (235 KB, 1440x1401) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-11-01-40-31-1.png
235 KB, 1440x1401
>>9048980
It really makes me angry because she's using her autism as a crutch. I have autism too, bitch, it's no excuse. Plus, there's no way wishing a fucking earthquake on people for a thing someone else did can be meant any other way.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-11-01-40-36-1.png (303 KB, 1440x1842) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-11-01-40-36-1.png
303 KB, 1440x1842
>>9048984
"B-but I have friends of other races guys!"
>>
>>9048980
asperges isn't a disability under the dsm-v
>>
>>9048994
It isn't even in the dsm anymore. It's just autism spectrum disorder.
>>
>>9048986
FFS
When FB and public forums are the only way for people to interact with you on a daily basis of COURSE they are going to take what you day at face value. If you are an arsehole on FB you are probably an arsehole in real life.
>>
>>9049047
Well, that and social media has allowed us to see what people really think when they believe no one is watching. Especially with that function that shows you what public posts your friends have liked or commented on, even if they didn't share it. I have a little list of people in my comm I avoid because they not so secretly follow certain white supremacy group pages.
>>
>>9049058
>they not so secretly follow certain white supremacy group pages.

That sounds super fake but I'd believe it at the same time. We have more sjws than normal people in lolita now it only makes sense we'd get the opposite too. What do you mean by white supremacist groups? Is it actually neo-nazi stuff or is it something stupid like a trump memes page?
>>
>>9048233
I have a habit of using 'fuck' like 'this food is fucking delicious' because of the people I hung out with throughout school. It's embarrassing for me, so I feel the need to apologise.
>>
>>9049058
what DID she say that was racist? I missed that back then.
>>
>>9049118
Not American, so no Trump.

One actual neonazi page, otherwise pages for minor political parties that promote a similar agenda (eg: non-anglo immigrants are evil, black people are genetically inferior addicts and shouldn't breed, Asians are degenerate drug dealers, etc.) I unfriended them immediately, so I don't know the actual page name for the neonazi one, but it was one of those "anglo suchandsuch unification front against something something" groups, and the post she liked was conspiracy theory level "proof" about immigrants outbreeding good, white folk to steal their home loans. The fact that she likes lolita and recently went on a trip to Indonesia was a bit mind-blowing.
>>
>>9049130
Not sure about the racism but didn't she defend MB or was that someone else?
>>
>>9048768
>>9048807
Yea I've had to unfollow a lot of Lolitas on tumblr who just spammed bullshit feminist shit all over the place. I can forgive one or two posts every now and then but my whole dash was filled with SJW shit.
Shame because some of them post really beautiful coords, if only they didn't also spam 10+ posts a day about muh oppression.
>>
>>9049143
It's for the best if your political views didn't match up. Neonazi-chan has me really curious now. What were their coords like? Was she an edgy ita or did she dress in sweet?

Your answer is a bit confusing though. You said a list before but now it just sounds like one person.
>>
>>9048984
Didn't Choke use this defense when she apologized for her statements on the Japanese and nuclear power?
>>
>>9049162
The one person was liking neonazi stuff. The others just liked things from the minor political parties I mentioned with the similar ideologies. Sorry that wasn't clearer. It's a short list of three.

And two seem fine. Nothing exceptional. But fine in terms of basic outfits. Neonazi page girl is ita, but not eyesearingly ita. Just "Putumayo is so expensive, I'll wear the Bodyline version without knowing how to coordinate" ita. She doesn't go to meets much, and vocally lets the whole comm know exactly why she can't come when she can't attend.

They all are under 25, and live in roughly the same part off town, which probably contributes, since any kind of extreme attitude attracts people with like beliefs. Regardless of which way it leans.
>>
>>9049148
Yeah I had to just unfollow a lot because no matter how much I put into tumblr savior I couldn't keep their constant feed of sjw and misandry disguised as feminism off my wall. So I would much rather sacrifice cord inspiration for a dash cleared of excuses to be "triggered". Most of the Lolitas I liked but unfollowed post on CoF any way. So I'll see them there.
>>
>>9049148
Ugh Lolitas on Tumblr need to go read articles on feminism instead of spewing stuff. Try reading academic journals or bell hooks instead.

Instead of reblogging, do something.
>>
>>9049192
Well tumblr in general needs to like get away from the computer and go outside. They spend way too much time reblogging shit that isn't helping any one in any way. Most of it isn't even researched properly and just false facts with false resources to "validate" the facts.
>>
>>9049200
It really makes me want to vote for Trump, desu. The SJWs will have endure 4 years of people saying like it is because that's what they believe in. SJWs will become engaged that whites are eating taco bowls. That and lolitas complaining that they're being harassed by misogynistics out in public.
>>
>>9049203
0/10
>>
>>9049192
But anon, that's ableist! Even though these SJWs have ACCESS TO COMPUTERS AND ELECTRICITY, some of them are not physically/mentally capable of going outside and being active, contributing members of society!!1 Check your privilege, white cis scum :'((
>>
>>9048291
i dont shave but my leghair is blonde and was only shaved once for my highschool prom. its so soft it doesnt even poke out of tights. i feel like shaving it would be as unnecessary as shaving the hairs off my fore-arm...
>>
>>9049174
Yeah, she did. I'll mention it if I worry I'm not coming off welcoming enough for a new person or if I have to ask clarification on something (like "I'm sorry if I'm boring you, I can't read faces at all so please ley me know")

But saying crazy bullshit is a personality fault not an autism fault. I've known plenty of autistic people who default to offensive when nervous, but plenty of neurotypical (normal) people who do that shit too. You can't just claim a natural disaster is karma because of a random member of their race did something bad and expect people to be okay with it because autism.
>>
>>9050160
>But saying crazy bullshit is a personality fault not an autism fault.

I often think it's a parenting fault, as well. We had a girl with Asperger's who said inappropriate shit all the time, and it was always followed up with "but my parents said..."

They basically never tried to teach her proper social etiquette for conversation, and just told her anyone who tried to hold her accountable for what she said was a meanie bully. So she would parrot opinions she heard online uncensored, or ramble on about random topics. It was awkward as fuck, but she eventually left the community because she decided we were evil burandowhores for asking her not to venture into certain topical territory.

Two other members on the spectrum tried to mentor her, and even they were at a loss on how to get through to her.
>>
>>9050167
>two members on the spectrum tried to mentor her

I'd love to have an autism lolita group for things like working around sensory issues or developing better conversational skills, how to navigate a tea menu with dietary challenges, but I know it would be trainwreck, cringefest, and full of self-diagnosed special snowflake pieces of shit. It might be fun to watch though.
>>
>>9050173
I think there is one already, and it's pretty much what you've described. I feel like the people who can manage those tasks try to fly under the radar as much as they can, purely because it's so draining to deal with your own issues, never mind trying to coach someone else through the same, when they're even worse at getting along socially.
>>
>>9050176
On this subject, but kind of unrelated... How difficulty is it to be diagnosed with Aspergers/autism as an adult?
I am pretty sure I have it and it would be such a relief to know if I do so I can stop stressing so much about how much of a failure I am.
>>
>>9050185
I was diagnosed at 20, and it's pretty much a lot of testing and retesting. I've been formally tested three times so far and been told that I'll likely have to be retested at every new facility I get care from. (But that's partially because it's the VA treating me and I shouldn't have been able to make it so far into a military career with my level of severity. Also because I have a bunch of other issues that can cause autism-like issues.)

Being female it's harder to be diagnosed because women are socialized differently and learn to mask it easier.

Definitely ask to be tested and push until they do actually test you. If it ends up that you don't have it, at least you know for sure. Finding out I was autistic actually helped me a lot mental health wise.
>>
>>9050185
>>9050203
Different anon but I've always known I've had anxiety from a young age to the point of having stomach cramps, upset stomach, and almost crying going into situations I've never been in before or high-stress moments but I've also have difficulty remembering words, forgetting that I've done something even a moment ago, and awkward speech and because of my anxiety and lack of insurance I can't afford to go get tested for anything and it's really messed me up because I feel like at my age I should be a lot better off than I am and less of a depressed failure because I've never been employed (I got emotional at my last job interview) and it's nice to know that other anons are having the same issues and the same mental stress.

I hope you (>>9050185) get the test results you're hoping for and that it helps out and >>9050203
I'm glad to hear that everything is looking up for you! Reading this cheered me up a lot because it's nice to know you're not alone.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.