[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
North American Indie Lolita Brands
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: example.jpg (93 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
93 KB, 960x720
Let's see some of the good, bad, and weird of North America's indie lolita.

Pic is one I saw pop up in a few fb groups. Looks cute at first but looking closer I'm not too sure about the naked baby/women.
>>
>>9038033
>cute

looks like shit desu
>>
Does Automatic Honey count? Their recent designs have been pretty cute, but everyone seemed to just forget that they started out essentially doing AP rip offs
>>
>>9038047
That's right! Weren't they all over behind the bows because of that drama?
>>
>>9038049
I barely remember, god that was a while ago now! I just vividly remember a beat design of theirs being an exact copy of AP's Shy Bear with some color changes and idk some skull sort of design latched onto it to make it ~totally not the same~
>>
Truly Darling needs to decide wtf they are wanting their image to be. Unicorns, crosses, and cherubs all meshed together. Pick a theme woman!
>>
Was there an Etsy group formed for indie Lolita sellers on there? I remember seeing something about it a couple weeks ago, but I don't remember what it was called and have had trouble finding Lolita specific stores using the regular Etsy search.
>>
Does anyone know if there are any indie lolita shops that do those removable nun collars? I've searched etsy and storenvy but keep finding hipster beaded collars and office blouses. I want one I can add to plain OPs.
>>
>>9038150

I don't really think that's an isue -- Baby and AP regularly put out theme clusterfuck dresses all the time, I guess all the interesting themes have been done to death by now.

The artwork is really fug and the colours are too bright though, I wonder if they didn't bother colour correcting it. Seems like such a rookie mistake to use such a brightly-coloured print.
>>
Has anyone bought from (or modeled for) indie North American brands before? If so, what's the quality like?
>>
>>9038150
>Unicorns, crosses, and cherubs all meshed together.
sounds like classic medieval art to me
>>
>>9038033
Damn, that is one ugly-ass necklace.

>>9038207
Check the indie jewelry thread.
>>
So..... Im wondering if this shop online is indie or not. I got a business card from a friend who went to a con last week down south i think and he gave it to my boyfriend who told me about it. They know what lolita is kind of and thought id be interested.... Its lolitacharm.com

Have you guys heard of it? The clothes look like punk/gothic/hot topic lace monsters but i just dont know whats going on with that website. Didnt know weather to post here or a help thread desu i just dont know whats going on with the seller. If she is an indie brand chick trying to break out and make a name for herself or what....
>>
>>9039136
Autocorrect from "desu" to "desu". God that makes my post look more annoying im sorry.
>>
>>9039136
>>9039141
newfag
>>
>>9038641

Now see if they had gone that angle instead of using that 'cutsey' style it might have worked. But nothing about this looks medieval.
>>
>>9039136
Looks skeezy as fuck anon
>>
Anyone know much about archangel-dollhaus? Cadney posted about it but when I try to see examples of their work there are none? How did they have a fashion show with no stock? Kind of jumping the gun there.
>>
>>9039136
They stole that name from a defunct lolita blog. Avoid them, especially if their designs are shit.
>>
>>9040901
There's cellphone videos of their fashion show on youtube. I was there in person. The designs are beautiful and incredibly well put together quality-wise. I accidentally left my little pamphlet thing at the venue but the fashion line should be opening for preorders in fall maybe? I can't remember what they said exactly.... Pictures of the dresses will probably come out soon after all the professional pictures from Paradiso are published
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.