[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Florida General: Post MegaCon Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: image.jpg (425 KB, 1681x1170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
425 KB, 1681x1170
Last Thread: >>9003104

MegaCon has ended, and it was a shitshow. Anyone else want to share their experiences? Also, anyone going to FandoMania in a couple of weeks?
>>
wasn't able to go this year because I was out of town. what was so back about it?
>>
>>9032950
*bad
>>
>>9032950

Tickets were expensive, no game room, and on all days the showroom or whatever closed at 6/7
>>
>>9032950
Security was either too lax or too harsh
>>
>>9033082
More people, more dosh.

There were plenty of board games, and role-playing games. Also, this is mostly a vendor con, not much in the way of panels/rooms.

Showroom always closed at that time. I don't know many cons that don't close at that time.

>>9033171
Sorry you had a problem with that. I never even saw much security. I wish, for ticketing, more security was around to navigate and direct, instead of the groups of volunteers just standing around chatting.
>>
>>9033433

I meant arcade machines, I know there was one last year
>>
>>9033433
One day I walked right in without anyone checking my badge and then later that day a different guard addicted me of trying to fake my badge..
>>
>>9033171
Security was more lax in the outside areas where the guards weren't really checking. I had a faked wristband wnd got in through there. The main reentry point inside the con was the strictest.

Vendor hall was pretty shit for me though. I made it inside and it wasn't even worth the effort until I made friends with one of the artists in artist alley.

So does anyone think Metro is going to be the same shit show?
>>
Anyone going to megaplex
>>
I went to MomoCon; because Mega's just a dealer's room and is now a corporate con.
>>
>>9034467
Never been but I decided to apply as a volunteer. Haven't heard anything back in months. I was expecting at least a confirmation email like "Thanks for applying, we'll be in touch if we need you" or something. Otherwise I don't even know if they got it. Saw one of the people who run it (I didn't know it was him until he mentioned it) and his response was 'Yeah you won't always hear back because we don't know how many people we'll need. But we're always looking for volunteers!" Kind of conflicting statements there but whatever.
>>
>>9034576
Strange stuff. I booked at the main hotel and they emailed me a week later saying thet overbooked and i was out of the room untill the last night so now im in the other hotel behind the main until the last night lmao..
>>
>>
>>9034969
This feels so accurate it hurts.
>>
Anyone know what's going on with Chibi Pa this year?
>>
>>9035123
Chibi-pa is no more I believe. Anime Iwai seems to be the new show filling the void. Alot of the old staff and volunteers behind it as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 499x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 499x431
>>9035139
>>
>>9035177
Bailey flipped the fuck out and told the old staff they couldn't use he Chibi pa name, even though it was the only year he con was half decent
>>
>>9035179
Do you mean 2015's? That last one was pretty god awful.
>>
>>9035179
Yeah, I heard from people that it was okay. I've gone in years past and they have all been bad..
>>
>>9035195
>>9035180
Replied to the wrong post..
>>
>>9035180
I thought 2015 was the best, honestly. 2014 was so dead it hurt. I think Iwai will be good this year, the staff seems to have their shit together
>>
>>9035303
It was honestly the opposite for me. I had a great time at '14 and thought '15 was dead and the layout was terrible and had everything to spaced out.
>>
>>9034969
Holy fuck my sides
>>
File: 1428478414720.png (47 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
1428478414720.png
47 KB, 420x294
Just a word of warning to FL peeps, Tennant was double booked with another con and has no plans to be at Mega Tampa. Checked the validity straight off his site which confirms it. Mega's fucking us over.
>>
>>9035373
Oh man, the butthurt will be intense
>>
>>9035373
Why is it so hard for Florida cons to not fuck each other over. Like why can't we just work this all out
>>
>>9035399
Its double booked with a TX con.
>>
File: 1448989285343.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1448989285343.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>9034969
>>
>>9034471
>I went to MomoCon; because Mega's just a dealer's room and is now a corporate con.

Yeah this is why I never felt bad missing MegaCon. It's not fandom based. It's dealer based.

Reminds me of FX show. That was also dealer based as lame as hell.
>>
>>9035399
Because there are con owners in Florida that have no interest in fandom or the fans, only in making money and constantly attacking and interfering with other events they don't run.
>>
>>9035373
>>9035376
>>9035401
Alamo City Comic Con claims Tennant will be at their event on Saturday, Oct 29 ONLY. Either Tampa will get him Friday or Sunday only or one event will lose him.
>>
>>9035310
well it's back at the same hotel it was in 2014.
>>
>>9032901
I go to Mega for the sole purpose of buying shit, since the dealer's room is massive, but even then I notice that the variety of stuff they have I'd actually want to buy is pretty minimal, especially compared to smaller Florida cons like Holiday Matsuri and AFO.
I pretty much only go to Mega because I live about 10 minutes from the convention center itself, so I figure why not? I went on Friday only this year and was surprised at how well organized everything was between parking and getting people in and out of the con.
My only gripes are pretty much just
>too expensive (35 for just Friday, can't imagine what it's like for people who paid 100 for all days plus hotel, kek)
>No video game room (people literally just set up Smash on a couch next to me and that was it lol)
>general lack of things to do
If you're not meeting up with friends/cosplaying/have a shit ton of money to spend then don't bother. Wish I could have attended Saturday's after-party though, especially since they're supposed to be an improvement(?) from the awful raves of yesteryear.
>>
>>9035945

Pretty much, I saw a couple of people hook TVs in the lounge areas on the third floor playing Smash
>>
>I pretty much only go to Mega because I live about 10 minutes from the convention center itself

i'm sorry.
>>
>>9036828
Echoing this. Living near i-drive sounds like suffering.
>>
>>9036828
i don't envy u
>>
>>9035679
FX WAS dealer based, new Mega is just out for admissions & nothing else.
>>
so, megacon tampa bay. will it draw out better cosplay crowds than metrocon does just for it having the megacon name?
>>
>>9036828
Not the person replying but 10 minutes can get you pretty far in florida just depends on how bad the traffic is... I live 15 minutes away from the center and not anywhere near I-drive. Traffic is killer though, last year when I went to mega it took me over an hour and thirty minutes to get there because the traffic and parking was so bad. Mind you I didn't leave particularly early or anything because I thought it couldn't take much longer than 30 minutes with parking.
>>
>>9037559
Ten minutes away in Orlando gets you nowhere. I used to live near UCF and it took me half an hour to get down to the post office that was less than a mile and a half away. Didn't matter what time of day.
>>
>>9037631
This. Orlando fucking sucks.
>>
>>9037709
It's the traffic. If I rode a bike or walked I could get wherever I wanted faster than by car. But then Orlando's like the most dangerous city on the planet for pedestrians and the fucking drivers here can't function for fifteen minutes without running someone over or crashing into something. Christ this city.
>>
Florida FandoMania is going to be a trainwreck lmao
Especially with floridacosplayorg ew
>>
>>9037986
Eh they're just bringing in a lot of mediocre cosplayers but I don't think it will necessarily be bad for the convention? Like what are the cosplayers going to do? Look bad?
They have some pretty cool events and guests on their website.
>>
Anyone going to Kira Kira Pop? It's supposed today.
>>
>>9037631
>>9037709
>>9037894

I can also vouch to this, especially when there's "construction" happening in the streets it's a bitch and a half to deal with
>>
>>9036828
It's really not that bad desu, I live right next to OBT down from the Florida Mall, and the traffic isn't shitty as long as you know what times not to drive. It's more convenient than anything.
>>9036597
Yeah, it was pretty great. I just sat next to the people playing Smash next to me for a couple hours since it was more lively than the rest of the convention itself.
>>
>>9038198
My boyfriend and I really wanted to but couldn't make it since he had work. If you or anyone you know went, tell me!! Sounded really promising.
>>
>>9037986
I just think it's sketch that mostly all the staff and guests rated the con 5 stars before it even started..also most of their promotional materials are grabbed from other conventions
>>
>>9038389
>>9038198

Friend and I went. A lot better than expected! Looots of people went, really fun music and venue and alcohol. Crowd was equal cute weebs and gross weebs and random people. Definitely gonna check out the next event, which they said was like August 27th. This one was no cover but the next one will have a small cover.
>>
>>9038389
It was pretty great. The sets were great and a lot of people showed up to the venue.
>>
>>9038839
Double post but I didn't hear anything about the cover. Is it because they might be changing locations?
>>
>>9038866
Yeah, one of the DJs came up to us to let us know that the next one would have a cover charge. Honestly my friends and I were talking about how they could have easily charged a $5 cover or something for this time so that's not surprising.

My friend and I went in lolita and met one of the girls from the CFL comm. I haven't been to any meets yet so I might show up to one in the future. Too lazy to do anything today for ILD though.
>>
>>9038198
I went with a friend who invited me. Pretty cool event but I felt a little out of place with what I was wearing.

Is there a scene for cosplaying/jpop/jfashion/weebs in Orlando and where is it? Kinda want to get into it.
>>
File: 1457838437890.png (217 KB, 378x408) Image search: [Google]
1457838437890.png
217 KB, 378x408
>tfw realized i probably missed great hotel parties at megacon and could have skipped the saturday night rave
>>
>>9039017
Considering the guests, I'm surprised that the venue was completely free. They didn't make any money from attendees when they could have charged a cover with their content.

>>9040259
There are facebook groups for jfashion and they plan meetups all the time from what I see. I'd keep updated for whenever Chibi's Boba has events and just start going to whatever you see. Eventually you'll find more things you'll like to do anon.
>>
>>9038866
>>9040301
They wanted to make it free because it's been so long since anything like this has been around in Florida, Kawaii 8bit rebranded to Play It Loud and that label is running these events. They plan on doing it at the same venue and charging around 5 and setting a cap at like 100 people or something.
>>
Anyone going to the Sailor Scout Rave in Orlando on Saturday?
>>
>>9040291
The rave ended at midnight and parties were going on way after that.
>>
>>9040259
Kind of, The Geek Easy hosts a lot of anime/fandom-themed raves thanks to Tiny Waves, who are pretty great. Anything within that circle is a lot of fun.
>>9040487
I wish I could!! I went to the first Sailor Moon rave they hosted and it was a lot of fun.
>>
File: 1465007524122.jpg (79 KB, 680x683) Image search: [Google]
1465007524122.jpg
79 KB, 680x683
So. Who hype for Supercon? Haven't been in a few years but the guest list looks interesting
>>
I will never go to. Megacon again. What a shitfest. If I wanted to stand in line for hours after spending $100, I'd have gone to Universal. At least I could've sat down for fucks sake. Ugh.
>>
>>9041754

Did you go early in the day? When I went there with my brother we just walked straight to the convention area
>>
>>9040829
Oh yeah, I'm sure the hotel parties went on pretty late. The issue is by the time the rave was over I was so damn exhausted I just went straight to my hotel room to sleep. I went with friends so it was still fun, but I feel I may have had more fun just finding hotel parties instead.

>>9040301
I liked Chibi's on Facebook, so I'll just look for other pages/groups to join.

>>9041433
I've been to a couple of Tiny Waves events at the Geeky Easy including the first Sailor Scout rave and that Sonic Rave that was around a month ago.

The Sailor Scout rave was really fun which is why I stayed the entire time but God damn I was really disappointed in the Sonic one.

>no pumpkin hill
>no escape from the city
>no supporting me
>no super sonic racing
>no can you feel the sunshine

I don't think I heard any Sonic music, actually.

>>9041754
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. This is why I went later on Thursday after work to pick up my wristband, fuck lines.
>>
Who ia going to Metrocon though ?
Where ya staying?
What ya briinging cosplaywise?
What drama needs ro be addressed and avoided?
Will Rocky Rivera and her cult of degenerates ruin Metrocon?
>>
>>9042678
>I'll probably end up going
>My House
>haven't decided yet, this is an inbetween con for us, so we're planning on having cosplays for the month after, we'll see if they're done before
>All the butthurt ghosters
>Who?
>>
>>9042308
Why isn't there something like Chibi's Boba near South Florida ugh there are barely any events down here besides Supercon
>>
How's the con scene in Florida? Going to visit a friend in Orlando next year for Megacon and I have no idea what to expect
>>
>>9042738
If you've been to any cons in other states it's shit in comparison. Lackluster panels, expensive cons, and guests are the only thing people go for, which means even more money to be spent. If you're going to Mega it's even worse because it already had Dragon*Con pricing this year and definitely didn't deserve it.
>>
>>9042678
going because I have a free weekend pass ayy
staying at a friend's place really close by, Im hyped
Bringing my new Kid Loki cosplay, maybe also Sera from Dragon Age
>>
>>9042767
Damn, I kinda figured. It's honestly between Mega and Dragon and I haven't heard great things about either
>>
>>9041754
Felt the same. We stayed right net to seaworld and all I could think about was how much more fun it would've been for less
>>
>>9040301
Do you know where I can find those Facebook groups?
>>
>>9042782
Dragon*Con is worth the money at least. Panels go on throughout the night including shit at like 3 AM, they get the same quality guests, and there will always be crowds and partying going on outside and inside.
>>
>>9040829
How does one find hotel parties? Never stayed at a hotel close to a con before but I might for Metro
>>
>>9042678
Iim going
staying at the Hilton with friendsand a landwhale
bringing shirou emiya and something rwby
I haven't been to a con since matsuri so idk what the drama is like. i stay outta that shit
rocky is flailingher arms about these days with osumatsu seems a lot of the lgbt community follows suit with her on it
in time, she'll learn that her cult will come crashing down amd it will be from within
>>
>>9043843
holy shit calm your autism and type correctly.
>>
>>9042678
>Only going Saturday
>Bakugou should be done by then.

I'm trying to get together a BNHA group with a friend of mine as Ashido but I guess it hasn't picked up in popularity yet?
>>
>>9042678
>planning to go all the days because it's my birthday weekend, but it depends on our hotel
>not sure yet
>all I have planned right now is Asuka from Evangelion (which I used for Mega but w/e)
I'm really out of touch with drama because I tend to keep to myself but I just want to avoid running into my boyfriend's ex, kek.
>>
>>9043843
(Pulls out clock) It's time to stop. Seriously. Control yourself.

So anyone else doing RWBY at Metrocon? I heard there was gonna be a meetup.
>>
>>9044064
Have you done Asuka before?
>>
>>9042678
Megacon was absolute shit for me so I'm gonna try my best to enjoy metrocon. I'll be in a KanColle group with some friends.
>>
>>9044138
Just once! I did a pretty shit Asuka for this year's Megacon, but I was on a really tight budget then. Looking to improve it for Metrocon so I don't dishonor my friends desu.
>>
>>9043921
Ooh! Planning on doing Uravity (Ochako in her battle suit) for AWA if you guys are going.
>>
>>9044396
I had some friends who did an Evangelion trio at HoliMat so I was wondering.
>>
>>9034969
Does that mean Shadocon is Ted Cruz?

Also, consideringa few of the staff are Hilary supporters, this males a lot more sense than ot ever should.
>>
Been hearing about a party in the works for AFO Bunch of actual DJ'S playing through the night,Liqour,The worx
>>
>>9044658
Gosh I'm silly, I meant AFO. AWA too, but fl general duh.
>>
>>9044136
There's a meet up or two. I'm bringing Jaune and maybe qrow if I actually start or finish him.
>>
>>9042678
Wouldn't be caught dead at this overpriced shitfest
Partying with friends in Orlando
Depends on where we go
Avoid the whole thing. Save your money for Matsuri.
Metro's been ruined for years. They might make it interesting.

Can't wait to see the drama and hate from people going to Metro and actually expecting it to be different, good or fun.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160608-175547.png (365 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160608-175547.png
365 KB, 1440x2560
So who's gonna try to score a shoot?
>>
>>9045779
Just because you don't have fun, doesn't mean that others don't. I will admit that 80$ for the weekend is a little highelp.
>>
>>9045779
Who hurt you, anon? I am not going to Metro myself but you sound like the anon who was trying to start up drama by creating the two other Florida related threads before they got deleted.
>>
>>9045920
Not the anon who started the other threads but definitely one who's got better things to do with my money than waste it on a shitty con like Metro.

You want reasons? Same guests and crappy shows every year. Tons of drama and bullshit. The area sucks for photo shoots and the nearest cheap food is a supermarket almost a mile away. Parking is expensive and most lots are far away. The con cost almost as much as Dragon Con and the hotel rooms are way overpriced. That's not even including shit like the pushy, touchy douches in kilts they call security, the stoners trying to shove X in my face at the dances or being hit on by staff.

I've gone for the last three years. Stayed with friends one and drove the other two. You can waste your money there but I'm saving for Matsuri and a drama free, fun weekend in a huge resort hotel.
>>
>>9045466
Did you make the weapons?

>>9045905
Not me. Guy likes to take potshots of people he and his crew don't like and make fun of them or plaster em on the web for others to point and laugh at.

No thanks.
>>
>>9043843
Well shit, my friend was right. I don't know who the fuck you are....or maybe I do, but if you're seriously out to have me and Rocky fight or something by stirring drama, just know that Rocky and I came to an agreement.

He stays out of my way and I stay out of his way. End of story.
>>
>>9043843
>>9045779
>>9046519
Get some professional help.
>>
>>9046667
Trolltip?
>>
>>9046487
Does he? Have examples?
>>
>>9047057
Do you have something against vowels?
>>
>>9047167
Lol you deleted your rumor spreading illiterate post. Nice.
>>
>>9047461
Sorry, was just checking in to see if anything changed about Metrocon. What did I miss?

Does anyone know what meetups there will be officially and times? Need to know what cosplays to bring.
>>
>>9047504
Some idiot tried to accuse the con chair of Ultracon of being a pedophile, but the post was filled with tons of grammatical errors. They got called out and deleted the post.
>>
>>9047512
Mod delete.
>>
>>9047512
Ah, ok then. Thanks. Because I'm getting static when I ask on the Metrocon group on FB about group meetups. Buncha autistic fucks.

Also, will there be a /cgl/ meetup at Metrocon? Surprised our resident "asexual" Hanari isn't jumping into the fray here to answer.
>>
>>9035179
I enjoyed the location they picked
>>
>>9047886

Isn't she that peasant that was asking people for money just to change her name instead of actually working and saving for it? Like instead of going to cons you could've saved it yourself? The stuck up "*~*asexual*~*" who acts like shes god's gift to the world? Why isn't she defending Rocky? They are close? So is she the anon spreading shit about Rocky? Why u mad, tho? Why she being a fake friend?
>>
>>9047921
Mad? Me? No.
Disappointed is more like it.

Hanari had potential. She...had promise. But she went the way of iAhripop and decided to pander to the LGBT community and "become asexual" while still telling people she'll get a girlfriend, all the while working oddjobs because no one would hire her pasty white ass and wanted people to give her money to change her name.

Yet, used that money for cons and for making that abhorred Steven Unisuck cosplay. She is close with Rocky, there's no denying that. She'll practically suck Rocky's nonexistent dick if she was asked.

While she believes she is a god, some pf us see right through her. And in the morning, she sees what we see.

A failure.
>>
File: 20160429_193716.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160429_193716.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>9047921
>>9048068
You guys have got way to much free time on your hands....

Anyone going to Fandomania? I might bring out Wing Zero for a test drive before super and AFO. Good smaller event to work the kinks out.
>>
>>9048107
pic would be great without the faggot fagging it up
>>
>>9048107
I am. I've got 3, maybe 4 events going on:
9 PM- Saturday Concert
3 PM- Sunday Concert

Both of those are part of an hour with other stuff going on, so I don't know how long my sets are or when specifically I'll go on. I still need to hear back on some details.

I was also asked to host an "Intro To Magic The Gathering Panel" at 6 PM on Sat, and might be doing a full set on Saturday Morning. It's gonna be busy for me, but if there's a meetup there I'd be down.
>>
>>9048170
Not going to Fandomania, but the Magic panel sounds cool
>>
Actually I didn't delete the post. (in refrence to ultracon rumor). Btw im only repeating what was told to me by two individuals.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1459230846349.jpg (4 MB, 2560x2953) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1459230846349.jpg
4 MB, 2560x2953
What do you guys think of unlikly heros. ( Yoh and Neo girl)
>>
>>9048830
What the fuck is that.
>>
>>9048830
>>9048981
The lovechild of Whoopi Goldberg and a Hobo.
>>
>>9048068
Oh no, anon, I meant ''why she mad, tho'', not you. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

But the rest of what you said was right on the money.

I'm disgusted by people who don't bother to make the effort to get their own things, instead by asking people for money.

I dunno, she's really fake. I've met her at Mega a few years ago when she was in that Vanellope phase. She was funny but a bit bitchy. Then I met her again at HoliMat with the holiday Vanellope and she was already starting to change into a stuck-up plunger.
>>
>>9048107
I'll be there! Gonna be so much fun!
>>
>>9042678
I'd like to
Home
Something persona 4, probably Yu. First time so I'm nervous about it
None that I'm aware of
Sure
>>
>>9049705
Oh you'll be fine. Don't be nervous about it. Just have fun! ^^

>>9049062
But I am sick of it. All these kids who don't work but somehow have money to cosplay and do cons with. I don't really go to cons these days because of all the bills I have to pay and squirrling money in case I lose my job.

I rarely cosplay and honestly, I'm just gonna stop going to cons altogether. It stopped being fun a while ago. Now I'm just going to see friends and take care of some other matters.
>>
Who's going to the Sailor Moon rave in Orlando tonight?
>>
>>9049716
I'm kind of in the same boat. I skipped mega because I'm having issues getting hours at work. Which means I have to get a new job.
This frailu chick is really irritating. She keeps posting how she needs help (money) to get out her place because it's unstable but yet she's at Megacon.
>>
>>9049829
I was thinking about it, never been to the geekeasy but I've heard it's small/cliquey.

Might go to check it out regardless.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 472x472
>>9044154
>Kancolle group
D-Do you guys need a Kaga? I'd love to join you guys
>>
>>9049878
Oh? Do tell more about this frailty chick
>>
>>9049716
Exactly. I would go to cons but only if I had money leftover from bills and things. Then it's like, ok, I can go and I won't worry about putting food on my table if I do.
Like why is it so hard to be responsible and manage money properly [for those losers who rather spend it on cosplay instead of actual things].

>>9049878
YES OMFG. She kept posting about money to get a place, but then she fucked up her own car and needed money for that too. If this stupid cunt needs money so bad stop going to cons and only go back when you have things settled? She even got her own logo now. And she's trying to sell shirts with her dumb logo. Like are you fucking kidding me you are NOT special gtfo. I can't stand her ~*~*superiority and elitism~*~*
>>
>>9049918
Basically she is a stuck-up period rag who believes she is god's gift to the universe. She asks money for everything instead of saving it herself. If i'm not mistaken, she has 2 jobs. Seaworld and red lobster. She asked money for people to pay for her fucking name change cause her real name is *~traumatizing*~. Then she asked money for a new place. Then she fucked up her car [by herself] and asked money for that too [she even increased the amount on her gofundme]. Now recently she made her own logo and got it trademarked or whatever thats called and she wants to sell shirts with that stupid logo. Its like an android head with a crown on it. She complains about lack of money but she keeps spending everything on cosplay and cons instead of being a responsible adult.
>>
>>9049918
There was even a thing where someone was telling others how nasty she was to them and that she was being very bitchy towards them, and when she heard that she went to her fanpage saying HOW AM I A BITCH? IF THERES SOMETHING WRONG TELL ME I DONT KNOW I CANT READ MINDS IM NOT MEAN IM NICE. I DONT GET IT. I DONT REMEMBER ANYTHING LIKE THAT HAPPENING. NEVER. and her followers are like NO U R NICE WOW THAT PERSON IS LYING AND MEAN NOOOO.
>>
>>9049918

I roomed with her once at mega at the red roof a few years ago with some pals. There was like, 6 of us and we werent sure where to put our shit cause she took the fucking table for her stupid wallets.
>>
>>9049895
Pls go, I'll be there alone now since my friend decided she'd rather be productive and code than go with me.
>>
>>9049957
If you do go I'll be the guy wearing all black with long black sneakers that have white soles. You can't miss me.
>>
>>9049895

They have a Twitch Stream going on at tinywaves

I've got it on in the BG (I'm 2 hours away lol) and it seems pretty bumping.
>>
>>9049921
>>9049924
>>9049931
>>9049934
Yet she acts like she is the Paragon of Steven Universe fans. I ran into her at Matsuri and she basically was pandering for people to buy her shit.

Her followers are blind and she is a rotten liar. Your own name is "Traumatizing"? Seriously? A load of fucking shit. She's like Rocky, a scummy failure of human refuse who thinks she can con people just by lying and claiming she is one thing, but acts like another thing.

Now she's "trademarking" Hanari? Yikes. Who gave this insane child the power to do that!?

A$$uka, it's not hard to save up. If the bitch has two fucking jobs, then she should be fucking saving. It's like the situation with Endure and Survive cosplay. They're like Hanari, but BUY ALL THIER COSPLAYS. They brought at least 12+ cosplaya to the last Metrocon, but still complain about needing money and how bad their "roommates" are while telling people that "You can't share our photos under any means or you will be in trouble".

Yeah, because you two don't fucking make any of em.

Yet Hanari seems to be such a fucked up individual that she doesn't exactly have any real life skills....that seems to sadly be the growing trend with cosplayers. No skills other than conning people and being smart or sadly charismatic enough to be a conniving and convincing liar.

Cons used to be fun, but now cons are used to con people.....no wonder Florida is a fucking laughingstock.
>>
>>9049895
Cliquey unless ya wanna join CD. It's run by the CD owner.
>>
>>9050057
Hanari was acting as a "booth babe" in costume at Megacon for some artist in the AA. Her name might have been Hihoshi? Hanari was doing an awful job of it by blocking other's tables, stealing other people's customers, and they had to tell her not to help anymore.
>>
>>9050067
Even her "friends" get sick of her shit. Is she more hated than Rocky at this point?
>>
God I just feel so bad because Rocky is dating one of my friends, and she's so so so sweet and wonderful and I don't want Rocky to ruin her
>>
>>9050175
Ohshit nigga. Does anyone have tea about Rocky's relationships? I'm friends with him but we don't talk or anything, just greetings at cons when we pass by each other. How is Rocky going to ruin your friend? I hope she'll be all right since you sound concerned.

>>9050154
I'm friends with her friends and they left her. Like I don't see them hang out at cons anymore. One of them used to be like HANARI HIIIIII and she would be friendly with him, but now that her ego is infinite she doesn't even make time for him anymore. He would tell me how he wanted to see friends at cons and she would just not talk to him anymore. The last time hung out at a con, we passed by her table and he was like HI HANARI! and she's like oh hi?
>>
>>9050154
What did Rocky do to get hate? I mean that in a tone of genuine curiosity. I heard he has lots of drama but not sure of what.
>>
>>9042678
>I
>My house
>Bounty Hunter from Darkest Dungeon
>I don't do none of that, but I sure like watching it
>I don't know who that is so yeah probably
>>
>>9050061
CD?
>>
>>9050301
Cosplay Deviant
>>
>>9050175
>>9050212
>>9050214
Rocky incinerates bridges. She sexually harassed cosplayers, backhanded the LGBT community with her shit, forces teens ages 13-17 to turn trans/gay because they will feel "more accepted with Rocky than they would be straight", & various acts of indecent exposure/lewd bullshit in Orlando.

Now she's flanked by Jasmine and Skye and don't get me fucking started on those two. It used to be the Scafettas and Dorf, but they seemed to finally lay low.

Rocky came to Matsuri once and acted like she was a God, giving blessings and candy to those worthy to be in her presence.

Funny how she didn't really tell people the reason she left California. She got into a relationship with a girl named Lauren and Lauren was basically West Coast version of Rocky. They fought a lot and Rocky finally left cause she couldn't control her.

I know Rocky is a "he" now, but after all the shit she pulled, she doesn't deserve to call herself trans. My sister is trans and she is disgusted with Rocky's actions and blatant disregard for the community.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 679x657) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 679x657
>Going to Supercon
>Cosplaying as a bank robber character
>Two shootings happen weeks before
>>
>>9050212
It's just that my friend is a genuinely decent human being and a good cosplayer. She's one of the few that actually doesn't surround herself with drama, act all tumblry, or try her hardest to climb up to e-fame. And rocky is the opposite of all of that and I'm so scared I'm gonna lose another friend to the worst parts of tumblr incarnated.
>>
Jesus fucking Christ, I'm just now becoming interested in cosplaying after doing Marty McFly at Megacon but all this drama is fucking retarded.

At least I'm a guy so I'm unlikely to ever be dragged into any of this, I hope.
>>
>>9050785
You'll only be dragged into it if you give it attention.
>>
>>9050811
Oh good, I don't ever plan to.
>>
>>9034969
fuck you holiday matsuri is donald trump
>>
>>9050701
oo Buddy. I wonder how all the umbrella guys who were at gods and monsters last night felt going home.

Did anyone stay for the weird cos contest? We peaced out early.
>>
>>9050817
Fuck off retard. Holi Mat is pure.
>>
File: 1462907524022.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
1462907524022.png
55 KB, 217x190
>>9049908
Sure thing, anon. We'll just be walking around and stuff Friday.
>>
>>9050061
Boner Robin runs it? Holy shit
>>
Midwesterner visitor here; if you know me you know me.

Hate to break the happy facade a bit but damn, Megacon was my first big convention and it was fucking tumultuous.

Not only was it hot even into the night (obviously cosplay does that and it's Florida; I expected that) but how it just drains people to hold conversation is pretty lame in itself. I am not even going to go into how fucking massive and ludicrous crossing over into traffic and blocks just to get into hotels are not fun; at least some places have skyways. Thankfully this is just my thing that's bugging me.

I even went to the concert at night. No offense, I know that it gets hot and smelly if action happens, but this convention made me appreciate a lot more of how energetic and welcoming smaller conventions are up here. You guys had artists from Bemani play; ie Dance Dance Revolution and Beatmania. Up here we would stay all night for their jams and go absolutely fucking nuts.

I was thinking of going to Metrocon but fuck, that's totally out of the question for me.

I love everyone but fuck, Megacon is just not something I am thinking of going back to again. Thank you for what fun times we had anyhow.
>>
>>9051125
Which concert/after-party did you go to? The one on Friday or Saturday night?
>>
>>9051083
Yep.

So, with this mass shooting, does that mean cons will beef up security since a majority of congoers in FL are LGBT?
>>
>>9050772
Does your friemd have a cosplay page and how the fuck did she even hook up with that waste of skin? What does she even see in Rocky?
>>
What's with all this drama mentioning? I'm new to this stuff. Is this high school type drama or something else?
>>
>>9051199
Welcome to the FL cosplay community. Where people are either petty, elitists, or just enjoy some juicy drama.
>>
Thinking about going to Supercon, it would be my first convention. How is it? Is it full of hispanics? I'm hispanic but i'd like to be around non-hispanics and people not from south florida for once
>>
>>9051196
Even if they are, it isn't an LGBT event in the way a gay nightclub is, so I'm not sure they'd feel the need.
>>
>>9051234
I probably should have worded that better.

Even if most congoers are LGBT, it isn't an LGBT event, so I don't think the con would feel the need to particularly beef up security.
>>
>>9051236
Considering how rabid the tumblrinas are, they would.
>>
>>9051232
No, they make sure to exclude all the hispanics and they only allow people from other states/upper Florida. This unfortunately means you can't go either :(
>>
>>9051232
The only brown people are serving you food and mopping up your weeb cummies so get your hair net ready
>>
>>9051144

Saturday night. I even heard there was that Post Convention Party at the hotel next door but I was told it cost $15 for cover fee and was not exactly all that exciting.

The group I was with were gonna go pool party and even a cute girl dressed up as bikini Ryuko was going to join but pool closed at 11. baka
>>
File: gifpf.gif (1000 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
gifpf.gif
1000 KB, 500x281
Hey guys, I'm moving up to Gainesville this fall for school and I'm wondering what the cosplay/weeb comm is like up there. Is it cringe-level weebiness like Swampcon or are there some chill people?

>A-at least I have my internet friends...
>>
>>9051264
>>9051270
stay mad whiteys
>>
>>9051305
Cringe level weebness like Swampcon. They also get the shit from Ocala too. Your best bet is to avoid it entirely, or visit the hobby shops.
>>
>>9050870
Those guys also come to Supercon and I doubt alot of people knew about the shooting last night than this morning.
I gotta keep an eye on their weapons policy now.
I really hope I can still go with my props.
>>
>>9051305
I have lived in Gainesville for 6 years now (school then got employed up here) and have always avoided the local scene. It's so cringey.
>>
File: WP_20160216_005.jpg (1 MB, 2000x763) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160216_005.jpg
1 MB, 2000x763
... So should I be worried about taking out my buster rifles at super or AFO now...?
>>
File: 2016-06-12 22.29.18.png (210 KB, 525x766) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-12 22.29.18.png
210 KB, 525x766
>>9051196
Fandomania seems to have upped their security
>>
>>9051402
Yes. Til this blows over. It won't for a while.
>>
>>9051402
Supercon hasn't said anything yet, but I would still keep an eye on their Facebook and Twitter, at least until a week or two before the events.
>>
>>9051422
Super has said stuff, look around. Prop guns are not allowed.
>>
>>9051444
The only thing I see that can relate is their weapons policy, but since it doesn't say when it was last edited I can't tell either way since I remember them being pretty lax everytime I went.
>>
>>9051464
The one on the website is from 2013. If its the con staff I am not worried since its pretty obvious the 7ft mech isn't a threat. Miami cops however love to be dicks whenever they get a chance.
>>
File: 1371440909075.jpg (76 KB, 421x500) Image search: [Google]
1371440909075.jpg
76 KB, 421x500
>>9051467
Yea, I knew you wouldn't have too much trouble since it's obviously not going to shoot.
I'm just having more trouble since my cosplay includes an airsoft gun.
I brought it everytime I went, but now it's just getting risky.
>>
File: 002.gif (1 MB, 453x344) Image search: [Google]
002.gif
1 MB, 453x344
>>9051372
>>9051362
Welp. Orlando it is. I'm coming out of the Miami area though, so anything is better than constant drama and tumblrinas bickering.
>>
File: image.jpg (514 KB, 1242x1660) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
514 KB, 1242x1660
>>
>>9051528
Fun is once again blown away by the notorious religion of peace.
>>
>>9051528
Wait they said guns will be zip tied but then they said any type of prop guns will not be allowed...
Does this mean I can bring a shitty foam replica gun or is that also banned? Sorry if dumb question
>>
>>9051528
Welp, I ain't bringing my gauntlets to the next con. Changing up my cosplay list too
>>
>>9050785
There's only a couple of people talking about it. Just ignore it and don't go looking for drama.
>>
>>9051528
Super dropped Karl Urban so I guess my gun props weren't gonna be attending anyway. Now I have to give double the money to Fan Expo Tampa ugh
>>
>>9051559
I think they're allowing super goofy fake guns like blasters and nerf guns, and those will be zip tied and marked. But nothing that actually looks like a replica gun will be allowed.
>>
Anyone know if Jonathan Sanchez is still in the picture or if Crimsonsoul Photography is still in the game?
>>
Fucking hell. The one year I am finally not the DD for my friends for Supercon is the one year Dana Snyder isn't doing his Drunk on Disney panel. I'm so fucking pissed.
>>
>>9053005
I saw Sanchez at Mega running around in his dumb afro.
>>
File: 1459710538990.png (208 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1459710538990.png
208 KB, 400x398
>>9053005
I hate that dirty nigger. He's such an entitled stinky asshole that is worse than a cucaracha. I was at one of his panels at supercon [or animate?] a few years ago and it was basically a fucking tumblrfest with people SCREECHING their ships from SNK and I noticed one guy left and as he was leaving [the door is right next to the panel table] the nigger was like HEY MAN WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? LOL U MAD BRO?? LOL DONT BE A DICK LOL. and the guy left. So I proceeded to walk down the aisle and towards the door. He goes ''HEY WHERE ARE YOU GOING'' I said ''fuck off'' and hes like ''WHAT COME BACK DONT BE LIKE THAT WHY YOU LIKE THAT'' but I left anyways. Like how can anyone deal with him? Does he make friends with spergs only? He fucking irritates me hot damn I had no problem telling him to fuck off another time at mega where I saw a good friend of mine and hugged my friend, then he fucking opened his arms and was walking towards me and I backed up and was like ''Excuse you?" and hes like ''wheres my hug?" i said "no i only hug my friends and youre not one" and hes like "aw come on give me a hug! why are you offending me~" so then I replied "i said fuck off, jesus christ" and walked away.
>>
>>9053428
Holy fuck
>>
>>9053253
Eh...I did it last year, 60 bucks for two drinks, shitty pizza & seeing Dana stumble around shithammered while his fans though it was the greatest thing ever.

You ain't missing a thing.
>>
So I can't afford to go to Metro this year. Are there any other Florida cons I should try later this year? Is Shadocon any good?
>>
>>9053797
Shado is awful.
>>
>>9053428
Dude, fucker claimed that one kid was a rapist and when the kid confronted him at Matsuri, little bitch turned tail and RAN while screaming "Fuck you!".

Funny considering he likes to pander to a lot of the gay cosplayers such as Clown Crown and those annoying Ladybug cosplayers.

>>9053797
Shado is the tumblr refuse of Metrocon. All the rejects, furfags, and bandwagon lgtb go there.
>>
>>9053782
Really? I thought it was open bar. That kind of sucks then.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1465951943176.jpg (77 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1465951943176.jpg
77 KB, 960x960
>>9053005
Oh man my two favorite people in the con scene lol. There was even a Facebook at one point called Ban Jonathan Sanchez from Cons. That guy is cancer.

As for Crimsonsoulunch or rather David Fernandez. If he put half as much effort into hisome photography as he does chasing under age girls his photos won't have sweaty cosplayers and bad composition
>>
>>9054454
Holy fuck I went to high school with David. He's still doing that shit?
>>
>>9054454
And yet the cancer has not been cut out. Let's try hatder. Thst cancerous filth needs to be purged from Florida. Who knows, with how unstable he is, we might have an incident if he's "triggered" enough.

Crimsonsoul has that insufferable bitch Jasmine working behind the scenes. She's annoying as fuck and her mannish looking gf (or transgender) is a cunt.

Any of our "favorite" photographers gonna be there?
>>
So, the tragedy in Orlando got me thinking it would probably be very easy to hurt people en masse at a convention and now I am paranoid as fuck about it. I mean, it would be chaos. Security at near every con is laughable. People are huddled into large groups. Everyone's over stimulated and some people might think it's a skit or something at first. People would trample each other. Shit's scary anons.
>>
>>9054610
That's why I fear someone as unstable as Sanchez would do something like that.

>>9054454
Is he still bamging ToxicChibi?
>>
>>9054594
Oh shit is Jasmine even relevant anymore now that she's not trying to ride the coat tails of efame whore extraordinaire Momosweet/Ahripop? I saw someone has been doing shoots with her lately again that isn't David but could have fooled me with how shitastic the photos were.

>>9054632
I know him and Vania broke up once she was legal because he was creeping on Momo for a while
>>
>>9054653
Fucking scumbag. What is with all these pedotographers and their insatiable lust for the young?
>>
>>9054653
I had to go check her Jasmine cosplay page and u rite. She's got new junk there & its not crimsonsoul but the new photog is some newb ass that even had their banner shit done by jasmines man gf. How dies she find these suckers to photograph her jank ass for free?
>>
>>9054726
Maybe her gf gives em a little somethin somethin.

What newb photog?
>>
>>9047886
>>9048068
>>9049878
>>9050057
>>9050067

Love you too guys

>>9047921
>>9049062
>>9049921
>>9049924
>>9049931
>>9050212

You especially
>>
File: lowkey.jpg (99 KB, 960x533) Image search: [Google]
lowkey.jpg
99 KB, 960x533
>>9054735
The newb photographer goes by lowkey. If you haven't seen their photos yet let me just say their slogan definitely tells you what you're getting with them. Especially seeing as how jasmine and her uggo ass gf are the main attractions.
>>
>>9054788
Issues with reading? I said Frailu, not whoever the fuck you are.
>>
>>9054881
What is a "Frailu"?
>>
>>9054831
Wow....I would never wanna work with this photographer if they have some shitty ass slogan.
>>
>>9054788
So if there is a Gull meetup, will there be A$$uka vs. Hanari in a winner take all bout?

Oh who am I kidding. Hanari will send her knights in to defend her pasty white ass.
>>
>>9054998
I'm actually getting pretty tan now that I'm working outside, but thanks for your concern anon.
>>
>>9050061
Boner Robin sold the Geek Easy almost 2 years ago.
>>
>>9054788
Kek, so?
Does this mean you're going to stop using others for your own advantage or are you really that full of yourself?
>>
>>9055515
See, I would respond to this with 'you seem to be unaware of the difference between using people and asking for help from friends', but this is /cgl/ and anything I say can and will be skewed and turned against me. I am, however, open to discussion and explanation at any time in private somewhere else, like FB.

Anyway, for the questioning, I'll only be going to Metrocon on Saturday and I probably won't be at any meetup. Unfortunately the deathmatch will have to be postponed.
>>
>>9055532
You do use people, you rat-faced cunt. You beg for money from your "fans" and disregard anyone who doesn't have anything to immediately benefit you
>>
>>9055511
No shit? Who owns it now?
>>
>>9055504
Your soul is still black is coal.
>>
>>9049921
fun part is, she didn't even design her own dumbass logo. She commissioned someone to make it for her, and big surprise, never credits them. Just like everyone else who she cons into making her cosplay shit for her. A friend of mine made the bow for her opal cosplay and credited him once. She has her spineless cuck roommate make most of her shit now. Now that's what I call talent
>>
>>9055746
Cuck roommate?

I just checked the Metrocon page and wow....Rocky really really is gonna ruin the con. They got Haiden Hazard, NoFlutter, and Dei's Cosplay Corner.

What's next, Ashe Iverk?

Metrocon, I have lost faith in you. Now it's Rockycon.
>>
>>9055879
What's wrong with Haiden Hazard?
>>
Anybody doing Fando this weekend? It seems weird that they are doing some kind of anti-bullying cosplay awards yet they have rapist Aquaman as a guest.
>>
>>9055511
>>9055742
That's partially correct. Troy and Kim sold their shares about a year ago to the person who always owned it, A Comic Shop owner Aaron Haaland. One of the longtime bar staff, Adam, is also a co-owner now.
>>
Anyone else cosplaying from Berserk or D. Gray Man to supercon?
>>
>>9051528
> their greatest weapon and ally is the attendees.

Welp
>>
>>9054286
>>9054310

Okay, so, if not Shado, what are some GOOD cons coming up?
>>
>>9056914
Florida doesn't exactly have GOOD cons. The hell have you been?
>>
>>9056914
>>9056979
Holmat is the only good con left
>>
>>9056979
>>9056980
Seconding. Holmat is the only con that seems to put effort in their work by building up a relatively decent community unlike other cons that are run solely by the appeal of guests (worse if it's just the same guests over and over) or run off the idea "if they can run a convention, so can I!!1" with no prior business/planning knowledge.

Join the bandwagon and start looking for out of state cons in the meanwhile. Anyone has some recommendations? I went to AWA last year and thought it was okay, I'm still unsure if I want to go back. Props to their sell-able mascot though.
>>
>>9057058
Been going to AWA for the past two years and I highly recommend it. Cosplay scene from what I can tell is pretty great, a lot more anime than Florida overall, and they have some nice vendors that we don't get. Panels are interesting too, which is nice.
>>
>>9057058
Sakuracon, AWA, ACen, Saboten, NebrasKon
>>
Anyone entering Supercon's contest? Any contest stories you've got from any Broder conventions?
>>
File: 1455593333280.png (2 MB, 1080x1155) Image search: [Google]
1455593333280.png
2 MB, 1080x1155
>>9032901
im showing up for dis qt
>>
>>9054831
Wow they actually have this as their page banner. Well definitely talks about the quality of the person and seeing the photos slogan should be you get shit photos bitch. Like wow
>>
>>9058097
All you have to do is what everyone else does with Supercon contests, suck up to Broder or the nobody of Supercon Toby. That way if you don't win you can beg enough to be a judge if you're popular enough even if you're mediocre like Moderately Okay Cosplay
>>
>>9058899
Have you even ever enter the contest?
>>
>>9058590
which one? Angel and Negasonic are both cuties imo.
>>
>>9059172
Negasonic is the only one out of the two at super I think
>>
Has Metrocon updated anything since the Orlando shooting?
>>
Any photographers worth booking with for Metro?
>>
File: IMG_0169.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0169.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1000
I was only out at Fandomania today for a short time. Had some technical problems with my stilts I need to work out before hitting a bigger show but hey that's what test runs like this are for. Hoping to see a few /cgl/ulls at AFO or Super.
>>
>>9060655
If you're going to be at AFO, I'm hosting the AFO RUMBLE, which is basically the PAX Rumble but at AFO.
>>
>>9060742
Nice, if I don't get stuck in a hallway I will check it out :)
>>
>>9060385
Inb4 everyone says "no one, they're all egotistical assholes with shitty work"

Case in point. Wrong place to ask. Look up everyone's work, find what you like, inquire with them on details. If you want opinions, ask the people they've shot and their opinions of them.
>>
>>9060655
Fando was better than I expected but it was ok for a first year con. Nice seeing you there
>>
>>9055879
I honestly don't care for any of the cosplay guests for Metro. They even have Mew 21 and some other guys and it's just wow Metro pandering to Florida people who want to sick efame dick. No Flutter'se art is so shit ruffles galore all the time, Rocky is overrated drama to the max, Mew21 is actually a pretty terrible Neptune who always has to bring her ridiculous "invisible" illness, and Deis Costume whatever is a nobody who is always with rape face Alan playing the I have amazing cosplays when I don't. Haiden is probably the only respectable one so far.
>>
>>9062083
jesus youre a savage lol careful alan getting butt hurt in one of the previous threads that called out his thirst is what got one reported
>>
>>9062083
Its only taken people how many years to realize Metro has turned to shit? They call it shit then waste money going to it and then post about how shitty it is. Seriously Flroriduh!
>>
>>9062083
>>9062224
Who the fuck is Alan? Never heard of Mew21.

Haiden is a fake. Dei is dtama out the ass. She'll bring Ashe Iverk prolly and that....whatever the fuck Ashe is will bring her own drama.
>>
>>9062224
>>9062083

I see nothing unique about Alan's photography. If you actually take a look at his photos, he tilts his camera way too much.
>>
>>9062346
I am going to have to agree that for the amount ego that spews from Alan's mouth about how amazing his photography is it's actually pretty plain and boring. His Megacon ones are shit and made no sense with how clear it was that it was in a hallway with the flash super visible in a lot of them. I think he's probably one of the most plain jane photographers we have
>>
>>9059177
She better show up with a shaved head or I'll be mildly upset but in a totally non violent way
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.