[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Portuguese Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9
File: iberanime070514.jpg (76 KB, 475x414) Image search: [Google]
iberanime070514.jpg
76 KB, 475x414
Iberanime is finally over. What did you think of the new venue? Was it worth it? Did you get to meet Reika? Tell me everything
>>
>>8998733
First time there, had no cosplay or anything, first experience at a con.

Tbh cosplayers seemed to be having fun in groups so I kind of got curious about the whole cosplaying thing and I am now more interested and I may cosplay next time.

I bought some cool stuff and tried to get some photos, that was pretty much it (I also enjoyed playing in some arcades)

I feel like if you dont go with a group of friends it is pretty shitty, it doesnt help that my group of friends only wanted to buy merchandise and gtfo.
>>
>>8999421
If your friends only go to cons to buy merchandise, they made a really crap deal. Ticket price + overpriced merchandise (which a lot of it is bootleg/fakes), might as well have stayed home and gotten a bunch of official merch online.
Glad you enjoyed your first Iber tho, do cosplay when you get the chance, it is quite fun, especially in groups.
>>
>>8998733
The new venue was ok I guess, but the fact that there were so many people didn't help at all, and apparently it rained inside if I heard correctly.
>>
>>8999424
I'd like to look more into cosplaying but I dont really know where to start and how to find people and all that.

Sunday I was only with 2 friends but they had to leave earlier and I ended up leaving earlier too because I didnt feel like waiting alone for 3 hours for the concert.

How often do these cons happen here?
>>
>>8999432
If you're on facebook, join the Cosplay Portugal groups. It's where you'll find good info, people who can help you out and possibly join a group of some series you like for a future con. This board is also great to get help, check the help thread and post your doubts, usually there are people who can answer your questions. Google is very much your friend as well, there are tons of "how to start cosplaying" guides and articles that could help you out.

There are quite a few cons through the year, next one is in June, if I'm not mistaken, which is Anicomics. During the summer there's a few as well, like Central Comics in Porto (July) and MCE in Faro (August).
>>
What happened with Reika? I heared that the organizacion was so bad that made her cry.
>>
I don't know if she CRIED, but the organization didn't pick her up in the morning, didn't feed her breakfast, didn't help with the bags... And overall just weren't ready to receive her at all. It was disgusting to watch. They treated her like she was an object.
>>
>>9000026
I don't know where you heard that bullshit.

But when I was heading to my car, I saw the organization taking em her to the hotel and helping her carrying the bags to the reception, she stayed at Hotel Arts, and probably had her breakfest at the hotel.

You people should get your shit right before dissing out a rumor.
>>
>>9000228
Glad to hear that! The post above really scared me... I met Reika at mcm London and she was just too nice, even though she didn't speak any english.. She had an assistant with her, and I got many prints from her for free, which was awesome.. I do remember when Calssara came to Porto I could deduct from her conversation that she was very hungry and a tidy bit unhappy.. That was my impression and my friends too. I'm not sure what's their line of work, but they could have someone with the guests making sure they're well treated and happy.. maybe someone from acp..
Anyways I'm sad I couldn't attend Iberanime this Year..
>>
TO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE FOR SUCH A SMALL PLACE
the first day was hell on earth, FILAS

FILAS

E MAIS FILAS, who would have though that there were so many weebs in portugal, the other years there weren't even half the people there
>>
>>9000254
I can't tell if inside the event itself she had that same treatment I saw at the Hotel, I really hope so.

The language barrier was probably a big issue, hope she got someone with her to help her out.
>>
Post good Iberanime cosplays
Pic related
>>
>>9000287
A lot of the guests weren't necessarily weebs, very likely plenty of people came in because of the youtubers and the LOL tournament.
>>
>>9000311
Isn't that a kid?
>>
does anyone have a pic of the girl doing a chobbits cosplay
>>
>>9000228
>16
reika said HERSELF they forgot to pick her up and give her breakfast lmao learn your shit
>>
File: 1dawn.png (33 KB, 132x159) Image search: [Google]
1dawn.png
33 KB, 132x159
>>9000287
The tickets sold out, of course it was going to be full, anon-kun.
I was going to be a parasite both days, but the weather didn't let me, sadly.
>>
>>9000723
Still, with such a big space Manz could have easily sold less tickets and it wouldve been better for us

But we all know his wallet comes first
>>
>>9001559
LOOOL

How much do you think it costs to put up an event like iberanime or comic-con?

They don't have all that profit you people believe.

And this is company event created with profit in mind, not just the breakeven.
No one works on this professionally to just reach the breakeven.
>>
>>9003397
The only reason I attended this edition was because I thought we wouldnt be canned sardines. I don't care, if I'm buying a ticket to not be able to walk or see anything, I'd rather not go at all. If they can't make profit and make people feel comfortable, have a balance between those two things, then something is up. Comic-con never felt like this, I've attended both years. Yeah the ticket is more expensive but at least its worth the price.
>>
>>9000311
lots of love live cosplays this year
when will it end
>>
I sucked, and it sucked for everyone in general. It sucked because Manz tried to create a new comic con style con, and he failed because that's the worst place he could have done it at.

Stuffing everything in the same single Pavilion, it was impossible to breat filtered air, to walk on corridors that lead nowhere, to watch any and every competition of gamming. It was uncomfortable. I felt like I was robbed and cheated on this weekend, because I really had faith it would be better because the place was changed, but it was fucking worse than last year, that already had a grip o how to place the con properly.

I feel like this is also the general opinion from what I see people talking here and there. But I don't think next year I'll be willing to pay for it anymore.
>>
>>9005867
Really? Do you wanna count the number of LoL cosplayers that have been around for ever now
>>
>>9008270
Same... I thought exactly the same. "New place, bigger place even, so it must be better, right?" What a delusional idiot I was... The only good thing about it was that I had some nice success with my cosplay, I gotta admit, it felt pretty good. But besides that, the Blasted Mechanism concert and being with my friends, the event couldn't be worse.
>>
>>9008593
Couldn't agree more.

>>9005867
Give me some bleach to wash my eyes with. Such little effort, why even leave home looking like that xD
>>
>>9008593
Honestly have no interest in Blasted Mechanism, but I did hear everyone saying it was a pretty good concert, so at least there's that!

I also felt like the only good part of the con didn't have anything todo with the activities or the con itself. But people were nice. Every new person I got to meet, and all the cosplay groups happening this year. Its like the community is actually changing for the better and actually being more united than each to their own. So yeah I feel like it was worth for the people, for the friends for the interaction between each other.

Also, and since this is an image board, here's one of the many groups that happen at iberanime.
>>
>>9008501
And most of them are bad
>>
>>9008857
That group was pretty cool, they were complete at least
>>
>>9010277
They weren't complete tho
Nico is missing and Rin is not in that picture
>>
>>9011169
Oh, thought I had seen everyone around, even if in that picture some are missing
>>
>>9011169
>>9011235
Yush I saw picts of the other two in facebook
>>
>>9011169
They did have a full group though
>>
>>9009668
some were not that bad
>>
File: 5235232352.jpg (103 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
5235232352.jpg
103 KB, 480x600
Gostei bes da Sea3P0 mt boa youtuber
>>
>>9011267
Please assure me that you're joking
>>
>>9011704
She has boobs
>>
>>9011824
Wannabe nigri?
>>
>>9011267
I just hope they dont get her to present something this year cuz she is boring
>>
Unrelated to Iber now.
What are you choosing, Anicomics or Festa do Japão?
I've been seeing plenty of people ranting about both taking place on the same saturday, even though it's doable to attend both, considering the latter just really starts mid afternoon.
There's also more Anicomics on Sunday.
>>
>>9014467
Festa do Japão on saturday, Anicomics on sunday. It seems that's what most people are thinking of doing.
>>
>>9014467
Without a doubt, Festa do Japão, and will probably spend my event budget there.
And since Anicomics is expensive as f*ck, I can't attend both.
>>
>>9014467
I've never attended Festa do Japao because something always comes up, but now that I have to choose Im leaning towards Anicomics because Im more familiar with it, just that
>>
Spring It is back! What are your expectations?
>>
>>9017064
Despite the many mistakes of a new con and the space itself (that's not their fault but well, the place doesn't have the best conditions for a con), I'm expecting another nice, calm, fun con. I really hope they take into consideration all the constructive criticism and apply it the best they can. I really like that they took the time to make that little talk at the end to ask people their opinion and what they could better for a next edition, it showed a lot of humility and will to improve.
Again, it was far from perfect but I've personally enjoyed my time there. I'll be there again if possible, looking forward to see what they change for the next edition.
>>
>>9014379
K INTERESSA É LINDONA
>>
>>9019226
No.
>>
I have a offtopic question: Comic Con Portugal is a good or a bad con? (I'm thinking to go this year)
>>
>>9020326
Good con, no doubt.
>>
>>9020541

And how is the artist alley? I like buy keychains and other non-commercial items from animes I like to the artists.
>>
>>9020326
Bad
>>
>>9020596
Comic Con Portugal is currently the best con in the country. It's very big and has quite a lot of variety, it's satisfying to fans of many different kinds of entertainment (anime, comics, tv series, movies, etc.)
As for the Artist's Alley, the price of the stand are pretty high so you can expect good quality items from at least most of it. Last year they were pretty good, nice variety of art styles and items.
>>
>>9023697
I went to the three days and did not see the artist's alley...where was it?
>>
>>9023704
Same here, I just assumed it didn't exist?
>>
>>9023704
>>9023850
It was right at the entrance...
>>
>>9032565
Ohhh boy. I completely forgot about it but now that you mention the spot I remember
>Wtf i even bought stuff
>>
What do you think about the new Cosplay Show of AniComics? You think there are talented cosplayers there? Who do you miss there?
>>
>>9032565
I want keychains of animu husbandos.
>>
It was announced recently that Comic Con will be 4 days long this year, seems great since it gives them more time to bring more artists and plan more activities. The ticket prices will be a bitch though, since it's one extra day for the full con ticket.
>>
>>9041826
I think its worth the price desu, I wont mind whatever it is. I'd rather not attend other stuff to save up for this than miss it.
>>
>>9041937
What's the price?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.