[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Odottemita/Dance Group Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: maxresdefault.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
289 KB, 1920x1080
Discuss dance covers and dance groups/soloists!

Does anyone have an active odottemita community? If so, how do you keep it active? I personally do odottemita meetups at conventions to keep up with everyone. Does anyone else do this?
>>
Sharing some of my recent favorites! Does anyone look up to a certain dancer or group or follow one closely? I've been following Cuca since she was doing Kirarin Revolution covers.

https://youtu.be/MOHG_ZelBH4
https://youtu.be/e312mk7ILvk
https://youtu.be/Tkj0H0c5Fd8
>>
>>8968221
i want to take advantage of my youth before i hit 25 and want to make a few dance covers
how do you upload your videos without getting copyright hits? how do you alter the music/ with what?
>>
>>8969194
Altering music on a basic video editor is pretty basic depending on what video editor you use. Usually making It sound deep or high can be good enough. I would recommend using vocaloid songs so you don't have to alter songs as much
>>
What is your pet peeves related to odottemita? Besides dancers not taking a dance class or improving, It peeves me off when they aren't putting any pep into their movements, jumps, etc. and when they don't have a coordinating outfit with the song or other members. Video very related.

https://youtu.be/bb9lne9yCoU
>>
Previous anon from idol thread.
Personally I would love to do a nanchatte/school themed idol group or go solo depending on the situation. Any ideas how to go about this? I live in the UK by the way.
>>
>>8969762
Well first, let me join ! ( i've been trying to find a group to dance w/ for age w 0 luck. mostly bc i live cornwall.)

My advice for a group is get like a friend to help organise it, set up a facebook page, advertise members, hold skype auditions or ask them to send videos of them dancing a specific dance or whatever, set up practices ( ? or do group call practise if you live nowhere), film said dances in nice locations, market yourself to small cons, maybe apply for japan stage @ expo etc. etc. etc.

I mean that's how I'd personally go about it, but if you know a lot of keen dancers personally then you might just want to do private auditions. but please, check the skill level of those who you accept. so .. many .. . shoddy . . white dancers.
>>
>>8969762
>>8969790
Adding on to previous anon. Make sure they can be available for practices. Another huge thing is if they are underage, make sure their parents know they are apart of the group. Don't let your uggo friends or uggos in general join. If you want to be sucesful like M.O.E, have cute girls who know how to dance. Don't fall for the "but I can improve desu~!" scam. Last thing, please be sure the members can take concrit and not cry about it later online.
>>
>>8969790
>>8969823
Thanks for the advice. Seems unlikely I'll be able to assemble a whole lot of people judging by my location so for the time being I'm out on my own. I'll keep this all in mind though.
Regarding going solo, what's the best way to go about it? In the UK scene it looks like everyone who once was known for that winds up making cheesy pop or general j-related videos. I'd like to emulate some of the dancers on Nico where it's just cute dances in cute outfits. Nothing too serious or wannable idoru.
>>
>>8969934
youtube dance videos.Check out people like KiTTZ on how to be not too weeby, close friend of mine who's in like 3 different idol groups. ( My jealousy to be honest.)
The others are cheesy + weeby bc of how they act and present themselves. Though if you're going to do any live performances ( you can ask to perform @ local stuff + HJ + expo's japan stage ) you might come off as a bit more weeby bc idol-ish performances always come off as weeby.

( where do you live, btw? I relate to the whole, living near absolutely no one thing. )
>>
This is probably a really stupid question, but I was wondering if there's any dances that are good exercise?
>>
>>8969999
dancing, unless you already know the dance, isn't good exercise as you'll spend most of the time watching and revising your moves.
I enjoy doing some just dance sort of things, you know simple movements which you can copy straight away if I want to work out. Or I just go over my 'cool' dance songs I have memorised. I usually feel dead after doing escape, RIVER, must be now, beginner and mammoth back to back
>>
>>8969948
Thanks! I live in the South. Don't think I'll be doing any lives since I think I'll still come off as wannabe idol. It's mainly like a for fun situation.
>>
>>8970013
South west by any chance ? If you live in the south you have a decent chance of getting a group as the majority I know of are based in london. ( yet ruralfag me is 2 far for any practise past like bristol)
>>
>>8970041
Actually South East lol. True, in the long run I guess it would be fairly easy. It's more about managing distances and such since I have to travel into London. In the mean time I'd like to improve my skills since I find a lot of dance moves in these kind of awkward to do? Any suggestions on some current dances would be appreciated!
>>
>>8970074
What do you mean by current? Easy, popular? If you want I could post my email if you'd rather start discussing these things in private? ( even if we live on the other side of the country, I'd love to have some more Odottemita friends.)

Personally, some of my fave choreo is from 48g's. ( Currently learning Amagami hime). There's a good mix depending on what music you like, generally well known of as well as varying levels of difficulty. Something like heavy rotation, kokoro no placard, halloween night, kimi wa melody, and koisuru fortune cookie all have very easy choreo. If you're into more difficult stuff, kaze wa fuiteiru, UZA, escape, kamonegix, must be now are all good. And RIVER and beginner are classics.

Other than that, L!L and other anime choreos are usually technically non challenging so try out a few of those. The benefits of L!L and 48g is there are a LOT of resources for learning all ready available. Especially RIVER.
>>
>>8970074
Hey I'm in the south east too! Where abouts are you? I'm in Sussex :)
>>
>>8968221
Who is the girl in OP's pic? She a qt and looks pretty decent
>>
Has J-pop summit updated the dance contest yet?
Who is entering?
>>
>>8970595
http://www.j-pop.com/odottemita-dance-contest-2016/
>>
>>8970113
Thank you, I'll try out Koisuru Fortune Cookie. I prefer idol dances overall. I'd be up for discussing since I could use some advice. Do you have a throwaway email?
>>8970164
Surrey for me.
>>
>>8970804
(Tfw I used to live in London inb4 moving to a farm.)
[email protected], I think I still know the password to that one lmao ... Feel free to email me w ur fb or something :)
>>
>>8970804
Ah, I'm not sure how far you are from Brighton but my group were looking for another person to join us, if that would be something you're interested in?
>>
>>8970804
>>8970962
>>8971038
Another South East dancer here... I'm super curious to know who you all are....
>>
File: 1451974349945.jpg (30 KB, 420x280) Image search: [Google]
1451974349945.jpg
30 KB, 420x280
A-Anyone from Texas?
>>
>>8971167
Well . I'm no longer a south east-erner
but . . . I come back occasionally ( ? ) any uk dancers feel free to email me ( >>8970962 ) I really want more actual dance friends and not weebs that think bc they know the haruhi suzumiya dance they do odottemita.
>>
>>8971038
I live like two hours away. Sounds interesting but don't know if I'll be able to make the journey very often. I'll keep it in mind.
>>8970962
Cool, I'll send you an email sooner or later.
>>
>>8970804
Hey, I'm from Surrey too! I want to know who you all are!
>>
>>8969934
Where are you? I'm in the Midlands (specifically East....)
>>
>>8971215
You could always try and get in contact with PT. I know she's into dancing now.
>>
>>8971573
I used to live close to PT and once ran into her when I was performing in the hallway at a local convention. I refuse to go to said convention and town ever again because she went super uguu aidoru weeb on me.
>>
>>8971225

>>8971167 here, I've dropped you an email!
>>
Have some fresh cringe!
http://youtu.be/0vvupuG4H78
https://youtu.be/UDm4199IYJQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jwh3XcsxXs
>>
>>8972180
The last one makes me cri
>>
>>8972180
Why do people perform a dance when it obviously look like they haven't practiced at all? Just.. why...
>>
I've been wanting to start a dance group in my comm for a while but all I have so far for interest are two cute girls who can't dance at all and one girl with dance experience but she's a ball of lard and is super ita.
I'm thinking of taking the two cute ones to see if they have any potential but as a mentor in the comm I feel bad for excluding the ita since she technically dances better. But she just looks so bad it makes me hurt.

What would you do, anons?
>>
>>8972788
try to make the fat one wear cuter outfits, maybe she'll lose weight since you're gonna do a lot of dance practice etc?
>>
>>8972788
Dress her up in clothes that suit her, anyone can look good if the clothes compliment their body.
>>
>>8970564
Noora from nicobot. and Hitode Army https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClbQzt55o-PpxaHrub1QpGA
>>
>>8972788
If the cute girls have potential and are willing to take the time to learn dances properly, then stick with the cute ones if you want your group to succeed online and at performances. It's never smart letting an uggo in if it isn't just for fun.
>>
>>8972788

Depends, do you want to be a group that looks pretty but cant dance for shit and ends up being mocked on here or do you actually want to have an experienced dancer who can improve if you just give her a little bit of her time?
If you live close, hang out, get to know her, offer advice without coming across as a bitch. It'll probably be a lot more rewarding for the both of you.
>>
>>8972788
Just give up and go solo. They will just hold you back.
>>
>>8973921
Or take in the fat girl and you will look better in retrospect. Thats why anyone hangs out with uglies, just to make themselves look better.
>>
any one have recommendations for good songs/dances that are easy on beginners?
>>
File: 2sYHAdW.png (341 KB, 686x378) Image search: [Google]
2sYHAdW.png
341 KB, 686x378
>>8972180
>that manface Nico's stomach flab bouncing everywhere as she dances
noooo
>>
File: received_449986291855876.gif (3 MB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
received_449986291855876.gif
3 MB, 300x296
>>8972180
The uggo nico's buttons on the shirt behind the bow popped off during the beginning of the performance
>>
What's the general opinion on making up dances for songs yourself? I really want to dance to 'spring of life' by perfume, but the dances just doesn't do it for me.(i'm also going to do it solo) So, a few questions on the matter.

>is it looked down on to make a new dance for a song that already has one?

>is it alright to take pieces from the original dances(or other dances) to incorporate into new choreography ?

>what is your personal opinion on what you like to see as far as unique dances go?(simple, complex, totally different takes etc)
>>
>>8974674
>is it looked down on to make a new dance for a song that already has one?
Yes and no only because it depends on how good the choreography is and if it matches the style of the song. Alot of inexperienced weebs tend to do repeat kawaii desu aidoru movements when the song is a edgy hard beat song if you get what I mean. It's possible, but it has to be appropriate according to the song.

>is it alright to take prices from the original dances (or other dances) to incorporate into new choreography?
Yes. Its pretty often used technique to make new choreography. Again, just make sure it's appropriate for the song.

Mashing the last two questions together, a good example of different choreography with the same song is Super Neko World. Most use the Danceroid cover but recently the cover done by ぷぷっぴ has been gaining popularity too. Same "kawaii neko" style interpreted by different choreography. I don't remember exactly which one came first but the idea of same style different choreography is there.

Danceroid: https://youtu.be/bOvFBE66YZk
ぷぷっぴ: https://youtu.be/yTwgv1KqyFU

>what is your personal opinion on what you like to see as far as unique dances go?(simple, complex, totally different takes etc)
I personally love to see different takes, especially more challanging ones, on songs. I was super happy seeing the recent Super Neko World ones. I like to be complex by new and different choreography of songs so I won't have to perform the same exact dance for each performance. It's fun, interesting, and gives variety.
>>
Does anyone have song recs for a dance as Hajime from Gatchaman crowds? Basically a happy and/ or bouncy song that's not too difficult.
>>
>>8975394
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ0I9LQ2EOA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7w4ipn-p9c
I honestly think you will fail and then you will be posted in this thread.
>>
>>8975448
I don't have a Youtube channel and I don't have too many social media followers so that would be pretty difficult. I've also done dances before but they're all Love Live shit so I'm trying to branch out.
>>
THE HOSHI/REBEL SYMPHONY CRINGE CONTINUES!!

https://youtu.be/k3hCHwnExHk
>>
>>8977805
Her friend is slightly better than she is. Also is her friend playing the part of a bored grumpy person or doesn't she really not want to be there?
>>
>>8977954
they both look bored and grumpy. I still think the friend was dragged into this "idol group" and really doesn't want to be there. At least she can keep a beat longer than Hoshi.
>>
>>8978099
Hoshi is the white one? Because...god she needs to go back to dance lessons
>>
>>8977805

Someone please educate them about bra's.
>>
What sites should one visit to find these videos? Are here any search terms that would make three easier to find?
>>
>>8978431
Youtube??? I mean if you look through the thread thats all we have been using. Basic search terms would be song title then 踊ってみた or dance cover.
>>
>>8978222
She doesn't need lessons because she is NYC's #1 top aidoru who will be the next Takamina of AKB48!!
>>
>>8978447
You are just so smart
>>
>>8978450
With that dad dancing? hell no.
>>
>>8977805
dude they can't be any older than 16 don't put them up here jeez
>>
Anyone got any advice on how to turn a big group dance into a solo dance? Do I just follow the girls in the middle or nah?
>>
>>8978549
Base the dance off one member. That's the best anyone can do. During those moments on long pauses, look at another member who does movements then switch back to the original member you were looking at.
>>
>>8978461
Yes cause it's ok for a 14 year old to be opening up 3 different gofundme's and asking for a total of $4,500 from strangers on the internet without their parents knowing. Yeah ok.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-25-12-52-55-1.png (261 KB, 1440x1946) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-25-12-52-55-1.png
261 KB, 1440x1946
Could I also post this in the cringe thread? The sane 48 community members stopped Hoshi's so this one will go down in no time.
>>
>>8978680
I wouldn't even want this "producer" running tat 48O! fanclub. She looks and sounds so delusional about the idol industry and 48G. Seriously just leave things to the officials. Can't she get in trouble for doing all this anyways?
>>
>>8978459
They're joking since Hoshi actually believes she'll be a real aidoru! Kek.
>>
>>8972180
People dissing the last one because she's kinda fat, but at least her skirt isn't yanked super high to cover her stomach so her entire ass is out. And she has energy to her moves
That nico in the first one however... Awkward
>>
>>8979697
>man face nico
>obviously didn't practice the dance
>used her own singing
>not even good at singing
>unflattering cosplay

I'm all for cosplay what you want but at least make it look flattering on you. The skirt can easily be adjusted. All I see are excuses. Plus it's pretty obvious that all the nico's are horrible in the video list.
>>
>>8975394
Two years ago I recorded this and finally got it posted back on to our channel.. and I don't normally self post so..

https://youtu.be/EDx4o7BXHtg
>>
>>8979818
It's pretty decent anon! Pretty sure you've learned these tips over the past two years but I'll repeat it for the sake of learning purposes of n00bs watching.

Camera angles can do you wonders. Raising up your camera can make you look slimmer and won't give you the double chin effect from looking down at it. Another thing is I love the way your movements flow but you need more snap. Your arms and legs look floppy and don't give it that peppy feeling. You definetly have the energy, but the energy won't show as much with floppy arms.

Other then that, pretty cool to see a Jump Ship member a gull. Keep up the good work!
>>
>>8979831
Not person, what do you mean by snap? And how would you go about getting it?
>>
>>8979842
Not the person that gave the advice but I think they meant sharper movements. So getting to the position faster as if it were a picture perfect moment.

You need an equal balance of sharpness and flow. The girl has great flow but there isn't really a picture perfect moment in her dancing which she could work on. To practise this, it would be good to practise in front of the mirror and making sure that you hit each beat on time before moving on, it's just practise makes perfect.
>>
File: 1438866582908.jpg (127 KB, 458x504) Image search: [Google]
1438866582908.jpg
127 KB, 458x504
>>8979842
Have you taken a dance class? I suggest taking one to learn terminology and basic movements. We're not always gonna be answering these basic questions you can google or figure out yourself.
>>
>>8979854
I have, actually. Just not 'snap,' I guess somethings get lost in translation. Though, thanks for the salt my chips were a bit bland.
>>
File: 1437993625702.png (346 KB, 600x664) Image search: [Google]
1437993625702.png
346 KB, 600x664
Would flash mobs be ok to talk about in the thread? I want to organize one for a convention but I recently head about area closures which may lead to crowding issues. Would it make me and the group look like an ass if we still went through with it?
>>
Any tall female dancers? Sometimes I worry that I may look ridiculous and it keeps me from posting
>>
>>8980017
I know some tall girls who dance and look just fine. I just worry for some since they can look lanky unintentionally. However, with some practice in front of the mirror it can be an easy fix.

Just as long as you can take concrit, feel free to post!
>>
>>8979818
I agree with the other anon's tips, and I'd also like to add that facial expression also helps too! I really like that you sang along to the lyrics as it makes the dance look more natural and fluid, but adding some smiles (even just small ones) would really fit with this song since it's so peppy. There were also some times when there were no lyrics and you were doing some more difficult movements like twirls and such where you pursed your lips and looked more concentrated, which can give a grumpy impression.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XrLfrUtYg
3:20
>>
File: ashibutopenta.png (2 MB, 1278x675) Image search: [Google]
ashibutopenta.png
2 MB, 1278x675
What's a good camera to record dance covers with this kind of blurry background effect?
>>
>>8980434
Cameras dont really make much of a difference

BUT the lens does, I use a Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens and it has a really nice "blurry background effect" to it :)
>>
>>8980463
Emphasising this for the truth, the lens is less than £100, bargain!
>>
>>8980479
its my most favourite lens I've ever owned, super light and makes photos/videos so pretty AND CHEAP AHAHA
>>
>>8978680
Why are girls so delusional? Especially older women. There just probably going through a mid-life crisis.
>>
>>8981234
Eh, it's fun to dream. everything achieved starts out as a dream. They could make it, but they definitely won't if they don't try.
>>
>>8981245
It's a fun dream, I know cause I've been there. Then again i was a naiive pre teen weeb with that mentallity. Not full grown delusional woman in her late 20s early 30s. But please understand there trying to make this happen in the US where mass media brainwashed everyone's views and that 48G already has sex scandals that said media can eat up and cause failiure. Plus, the concept has already been proven a failiure in the states. What is gonna make them much more different? There using the same everything the previous failure has used.

It's the reality. Sad but true.
>>
>>8977805
I'm glad I wasn't this delusional at age 14
>>
>>8979818
Wait don't you know those awful dancers in Niji Jidai? I think that no talent bitch Atsu tried out for your group?
>>
>>8981950
STOP YOU MIGHT TRIGGER HER ADHD, PTSD, AND TUMBLRITUS IF YOU MENTION HER!!!1!
>>
>>8981958
never claimed to have either of those things but thanks love lol
>>
>>8982282
Not from what you like to post on your profile lol
>>
>>8982645
i think i know what i post lol love to know who you are though coward
>>
>>8982789
>getting this mad over the Internet
I'm not the coward here. Just go back to your safe zone like every triggered landwhale tumblrina who wants to be "kawaii aidoru desu"
>>
>>8982821
not a coward. only posts on anon sites. kek. you're fun lol
>>
>>8982821
also im triggered by literally nothing broseph stalin.
>>
>>8982856
If your not triggered, why are you constantly replying?
>>
>>8982868
because you're amusing me and im bored.
>>
File: received_554533984649055.jpg (25 KB, 453x435) Image search: [Google]
received_554533984649055.jpg
25 KB, 453x435
>>8982869
Again, your profile says your pretty annoyed by me. If your annoyed by me, why are you still here? You just keep contradicting yourself.
>>
>>8982874
i have a pretty good idea of who you are now lol
>>
in any case back on track: any good para para covers? mostly i see people with not as sharp of arm movements.
>>
Getting back to actual discussion, I've noticed that alot of cover groups and even idol groups have been trying out that 360 camera. Has anyone thought about using these for covers and where would I purchase one? Example videos here:

https://youtu.be/rXLzNmrXRoY
https://youtu.be/bIPNOYh3enM
>>
>>8982892
that angerme one is mega cool. i hadnt seen the other though.
>>
>>8982875
Hi I'm John. get fucked
>>
Hoshi now thinks she is a lolita. What more can she become?
>>
>>8984192
this is like grungy office-kei or some shit idk.
>>
>>8984192
This looks like a failed otome attempt
>>
>>8984219

Monday blues kei
>>
>>8977805
What happened to the video?
>>
>>8984307

Kei-s of the Mondays
>>
>>8984434
Maybe she finally realized how horrible it was
>>
>>8982892
I've been thinking about producing 360 video, too. Not necessarily for dancing, but maybe vlogging or convention coverage.

The main camera I'm considering is the Ricoh Theta, which can be bought online directly from their website. I've seen it get recommended more often than other options, for consumer-level usage. Its strength is that it's affordable -- professional setups have 4-digit or even 5-digit prices. The other camera I'm looking at is the Samsung Gear 360, because a youtuber I follow has put out some sample videos. However, it's hard to tell if it's actually out yet or not.

Btw, thanks for those links. I didn't realize odottemita/idols in 360 is already a thing. So, having the group be in a circle gives a reason for the video to be 360 instead of traditional... but at the same time, it suffers from the usual "where am I supposed to look" problem.
>>
So, this girl used to be a part of a bigger group, but now she is in her own smaller group, which only has one other member. That other member has never danced before, and she isn't available for weeks at a time to dance. You can tell that she has no idea what she's doing in both of their videos, but they decided to make their own group?
I don't get it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3onOLrMXkGo
>>
File: 1459061252548.jpg (258 KB, 2048x1010) Image search: [Google]
1459061252548.jpg
258 KB, 2048x1010
Has Sneko gotten.. plumper? Or did she always look like this? I thought i remembered her skinnier.. Anyways, these 2une performance outfits are cute as fuck, especially Uno's outfit. I wish Sneko did the same design but mirrored to make it more matching.
>>
There's a group locally here that does AKB covers and I still don't know how to feel about them. I've been to a couple of their panels now and they keep doing the same covers over and over. Taking a look at each member's dance skills, it may be because some would just fall behind from learning too many new ones too often. They have potential but I think they need to get rid of the members that are slacking and bringing them down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs4CfEgyDb4
>>
>>8987858
All of them look super cute except for the one on the bottom right. Also, tfw AKB blocked in your country. Thank god for proxy sites.

They definitely have alot of potential based on the few videos i've watched. They can keep a beat and stay together during main parts. I wish them great success!!
>>
>>8987002
You seemed really well informed on the situation. What's there to be confused about?

You should know T has always done her "own thing." (putting that lightly) She's a talented dancer but it's obvious from this video her friend needs more guidance. Her friend likely isn't a dancer at all, but maybe she wanted to get her into it for fun!
>>
How to look lifeless during a dance:
https://youtu.be/DC8qnDg45xQ
>>
>>8987002
UNF the part where the girl with black hair is doing the little cat paw thing and swiveling her hips is giving me the biggest lady boner and idk why.
>>
>>8988617
I just know what I see her post in her descriptions and Vivid's fb.
I just don't get why someone would keep abandoning their groups... She could have continued recording these covers without forcing this new girl into a brand new group with her. It would make more sense if the other girl (sam?) was already doing covers or was part of a different group and they wanted to break off.
Idk. Or her friend could just audition for jump ship when she improved.
Still, I'm just glad that T is still posting covers on her channel. She kinda disappeared for awhile after her old/first? group, and a lot of her old covers have been removed from youtube, so I was worried about her. During that time she also removed all her cosplay pages. Even if I don't actually know her, seeing someone who runs in the same community as I do struggling is worrisome.
>>
Hoshi did a livestream and its glorious

https://plus.google.com/events/cc9cs81f72tek61snar6mnip4r0
>>
>>8989205
tl;dr?
>>
>>8989205
>>8989221
4:10 is basically the highlight. Hoshi confirmed as just a weeb who butchers japanese.
>>
>>8989242
Jesus you can't even hear what shes saying half the time. Also what song was she trying to butcher?
>>
>>8989248
Sounds like Ai Kotoba by Deco*27
>>
J-pop summit finally updated their contest info.
http://www.j-pop.com/odottemita-dance-contest-2016/
Kinda irritated GARNiDELiA is the judge for this year since Maria is mainly a singer not a dancer.
>>
>>8987002
Take that korean shit out of here.
>>
>>8991147
>no competition on stage
Huh. Interesting rule change.
>>
>>8987002
Angerme uploaded a new 360° video! https://youtu.be/3cwHfIMQv-8
>>
>>8991384
anyone got deets on why they decided to do this? I don't know why I get a vibe that someone got mad about something
>>
Ugh.. When will she stop

https://soundcloud.com/user-558351761/sweet-love-podcast-epsiode-1
>>
>>8993811
I want her to quit at least until she actually can tell the difference between being a weeb and a fan.

I think she needs some bullying, but not to the point of being driven to hang herself. And she needs friends who tell her the truth, not encourage the cringe fest with "support". I bet lots of them laugh behind her back. I feel sorry for her.
>>
>>8995026
Even with bullying, there's probably delusional people just like her who will actually defend her (Atsu probably being one of them since she is just as cringy). I just want someone to come out with some truth about her without getting backlash for calling her out. Someone did call her out a year or two ago but ended up getting backlash because "SHE HAS YUMES SHE IS YOUNG YOU PROBABLY WERE THE SAME AT HER AGE" but thankfully it did put a stop to her AME48 group.

I wish these weeby delusional idols with delusional friends could take a hint
>>
>>8995026
She does have people telling her the truth but she refuses to listen.
>>
>>8995063
sorry to disappoint you love but i also think she could tone it down a bit and maybe work on one thing at a time. glad to see you're still thinking about me though. lol
>>
>>8995098
Im not even the anon that you argued with awhile back?? Also, why not go ahead and tell her? Your so against anons talking about people yet you go on here and talk about her???
>>
>>8995176
i did tell her, whether she take the advice is out of my hands
>>
>>8995176
also talk away but i dont very much like outright lies being spread.
>>
>>8980434
To add to what other people said about the lens, in case it helps people understand what to use.

The blurry background effect is achieved by having a shallow depth of field. To get this you usually need to use a lens with a wide aperture, which corresponds to small f numbers. So the "f1.8" on that Canon lens is what indicates it will easily be able to give you the desired results. You can still get the same effect with lenses that have a higher f stop (e.g. most cameras come with ones that go down to f4-5 I think) but it will be easier to get a more dramatic depth of field if you use one where you can get a wider aperture.
>>
>>8995232
>>8995235
Funny you say you tell her but you leave nothing but nice comments in her videos, posts, etc when you do comment something? Never seen advice from you or anyone.

Anyways, i'm willing to offer an alternative to those that do wish to call her out. I have a tumblr setup for submissions relating to net idols. All anonymous. Ill make dumb normie graphics with the confession on it to go along. Anyone want in?
>>
are you the one behind the "nettodoru-confessions" then? or is this another?
>>
>>8996049
are you the one behind the "nettodoru-confessions" then? or is this another?
>>
>>8996049
i have never commented on her videos (good, bad or indifferent). i have told her privately on facebook.
>>
>>8996049
link it homes.
>>
>>8988622
fuckin ronald mcdonald ass feet
>>
>>8988622
The quality of this is so good, holy shit. I wish she'd smile or make some sort of facial expressions though.
>>
>>8996790
too bad her dancing is pure shit
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-09-09-39-34-1.png (299 KB, 1440x1340) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-09-09-39-34-1.png
299 KB, 1440x1340
>>8995063
>>8995096
Hoshi, if your reading this, the reason why people talk behind your back is because you can't take any advice into consideration and if someone does call you out about it, your dumb whiteknight delusional wanna-be idol friends come to your rescue. You have NEVER improved or taken any advice into consideration. You can't even flip your potato phone horizontally to film your unpracticed dances.you can't even pick up a brush to comb your nappy hair. You refuse to practice pronunciations for Japanese songs and end up butchering them to hell. You refuse to do anything because you think everything will come to you like a magical girl aidoru chosen to be the #1 idol to save the world. THAT is why people talk behind your back. Your delusional of the idol/net idol industry and think everything will come to you. I can't wait to see your whiteknight friends try to defend you.

>Inb4 everyone is telling me to quit ;;''((
None is telling you to quit. We're telling you to take a hit, apply advice, and improve. We wouldn't be talking behind you if you took the effort to imrpove.

P.S. pick up a brush
>>
File: 2016-05-09 09.34.22.png (745 KB, 1440x1964) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-09 09.34.22.png
745 KB, 1440x1964
>>8998934
To the people commenting, if you were really her friend, you would want her to improve. Whiteknighting and saying thing she is good the way she is isn't going to help her. Don't be apart of the delusion.
>>
>>8998934
>>8998937
She has the worst friends. I keep feeling sorry for her. You'd be better friends for her, but it seems she prefers sugar coated lies than the truth.
>>
And the sad truth is that no matter how many people tell her she needs to stop and actually learn she won't listen. Hoshit TeruNO doesn't need to be an idol. She needs to go to school.
>>
>>8998934
This makes me feel better about when I was a young naiive weeb. At least I wasn't that delusional about idols.
>>
>>8998934
wait why was i tagged? i'm not hoshi.
>>
>>8999639
Sorry I just realized that was by misteak! Didn't mean anything toward you.
>>
>>8999716
no big. was just confused.
>>
For 'cool' songs how do you guys go around not looking lifeless?
I don't want to be smiling wildly because it doesn't really fit into the theme, and a harsh expression might just seem disinterested is singing along a good way to go?
>>
>>9000308
It's basically kinda ok to look lifeless during a cool type of dance. Why >>8988622 looks lifeless is because she is dancing to a preppy happy song while having a huge bitch face and flowey movements. Here is a god example of what you should probably do:
https://youtu.be/QmdAnrtNbp8
>>
>>9000426
Good*
>>
>>8998934
Adding onto anon, please also learn how to match clothing and wear a push up bra. I dont wish to see another repeat of your luka luka night fever video.
>>
Anyone near Helsinki wanting to dance?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wut5hXIZk5E

possibly the worst "maid cafe" I've ever seen
>>
>>9001324
all western "maid cafes" are terrible
>>
>>9001324
If you are not good dancers, don't dance to MCZ, dance to something easier like First Kiss or Kokoro no Placard. They really need to work their coordination and editing skills. Are there any other insanely easy songs, but christmas themed? Other than Shiroi Tokyo, that has a wintery feel.
>>
>>9001324
Ugh they're not even serious. They're just noodling around laughing and playing in their stupid tutus. Uguu kawaii. Why even "practice"? I'm probably just triggered because I took a real dance class.
>>
It's coming up to summer, so what is everyone's favorite bikini/summer pv/dance?

Also; any opinions on copying the aidoru's and doing beach dances in bikini? (With proper chest balloon control, of course.)
>>
My group recently did Kami Summer! It wasn't too difficult and was a lot of fun. I ended being the one in the bikini per request of one of our supporters;; I think swimsuits can be cute if, like you said, controlled properly!
>>
Project A-Kon has an J-Pop Dance Contest on their schedule. Is anyone going and competing?
>>
>>9001814
All aidoru shit is absolute trash.
odottemita does not equate to wannabe idol trash
>>
>>9004974
chill back the salt., clearly you must like beach dances as the salt of the sea allows you to replenish your personality.

liking idol choreography ≠ idol trash.
not all of us are beckii cruel's or hoshi's in this world.
>>
>>8987002
I can't make it past 20 seconds, both of these girls are too fat to be wearing crop tops and short shorts and I'm nauseated.
>>
>>9005277
>chill back the salt
>in a thread dedicated to bashing 14 year olds
>>
>>9005295
You must not be watching the same video because neither girl is anywhere near fat.
>>
>>9006236
Sorry that you're either blind or fat yourself.
Dark haired girl is clearly a fatty, the other is more skinnyfat but with overflowing stomach chub. Neither is dressed appropriately for their body and both look terrible.
>>
>>9006326
No I'm not blind nor am I fat however you may have a misunderstanding between the word fat and the words "healthy weight." Both chicks look fine so get over yourself.
>>
>>9006486
Even if their BMIs are in the healthy range (doubtful for the dark haired girl) my point was that their clothes are very poorly fitting and it is distracting.
I'm assuming you are American or someone from a similarly obese nation, so it's understandable that you're desensitized to hideous bodies.
>>
>>9006562
Their clothes are not poorly fitting and just because you do not like them doesn't change that. You probably come from a nation where people fat shame when there isn't a reason to shame, which ironically is also the US and a few other countries. Don't come with that desensitized bullshit because that's all it is: bullshit. Learn the differences before you (and, if there are others who responded) open your mouth.
>>
>>9006326
The dark haired girl is actually not that fat.
Watch her other videos and you will see that her arms and upper body are pretty fit. She just has unfortunate legs/chubby thighs and this pair of shorts doesn't do her any favors desu
>>
>>9006756
>fat shame
yeah you're definitely a fatty
>>
>>9006959
Good to know that being 5' 11" & 160lbs is "fat." I'll be sure to lose 50lbs so I'll be "skinny."
>>
>>9007137
kiiind of is mate
>>
>>9007137
unless you're muscular you're definitely on the chunky side, sorry hun.
>>
>>9007155
Hmmmm no, no it isn't. If anything, you'd know that is actually a healthy weight for that height. Buuuuut you know. You don't so yeah.
>>
>>9007164
I'm actually not chunky. Sorry, hun.
>>
File: 1436331813815.png (684 KB, 3200x1920) Image search: [Google]
1436331813815.png
684 KB, 3200x1920
>>8971215
This lonely anon is still looking for dancers in Texas, especially in San Antonio
>>
>>9002132
post please! Idolm@ster is the best
>>
>>9007165
>>9007167
Sorry to say mate, I'm also 5'11 and i'm a 124 lbs. and I'm an average bmi, I'm not skinny so you must definitely be fat. Sorry to break it to you.
You are definitely not skinny, and if you think you are, then you're definitely delusional, fatty-chan.
>>
>>9010962
what are different body types? holy shit go FUCK yourself stop bringing this cancer up, we're all tired and you're killing the thread.

how would one go about making a group dance work with one person? just follow the person in the centre/spotlight?
I'm quite new, some easy dance recommendations would be great. I have a great sense of beat but I'm not a very good dancer, hoping this will keep me exercising for at least a while
>>
>>9010981
I usually go with that but then sometimes it keeps you in the middle without much movement because the person who is in the spotlight would go to the middle. Try to take cohesive bits and pieces of different member parts into one dance instead of just the spotlight or one person. It's good for the movement.
>>
>>9010981
Why not ask that Jyuke dancer, they turn every huge group dance into some kind of crappy solo
>>
>>8971587
>performing
>hallway
But how weeb was it?
>>
>>9010981
silly fatty-chan, why are you even trying to dance? you'll just look like a whale. there'll be no pretty ones to make it worthwhile watching.

Also, it's not that hard to work out how to dance solo dumbass, guess the fat's clogged your brain.
>>
>>9011566
I'm not the person you were replying to you dumbfuck, I'm a petite eurofag who needs a hobby to stay fit
is it not allowed for newfags to ask questions anymore? go be triggered about fat somewhere else

>>9011013
mhm, alright. I guess I'll look for something with few dancers at first, since that should be easier to figure out and make cohesive. thank you!

>>9011372
reply to someone else if you just want to spill your salt out of your pockets
>>
>>9011648
keep telling yourself that fatty-chan
and no, they're not when that same fucking question's already been answered in this same thread. learn to read, dumbfuck.
>>
>>9011851
It's nice to know every anon is the same now! With that logic, this whole thread may just be one person. A most interesting conspiracy but no, that person is not me the one you call "fatty-chan." But if you are 124 and pudgy then you may wanna get looked at. Or, you know, body types like they said.

the real "fatty-chan"
>>
>>9012403
>>9011648
>>9010981

>holy shit go FUCK yourself stop bringing this cancer up, we're all tired and you're killing the thread.
follow your own logic.
>>
File: image.png (360 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
360 KB, 1242x2208
Really? Wanna bet? I didn't think I needed proof but DAMN guess I did after all.
>>
File: 2016-05-09_15.57.06.jpg (405 KB, 1041x1388) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-09_15.57.06.jpg
405 KB, 1041x1388
>>9011851
oh yes, look at me, so fat that my ribs poke out when I take my shirt off
go troll robots or something, they actually need to lose some weight

what do you guys wear for actual performances? like obviously, aidoru shit and most dances have specific outfits and all but for more generic stuff, do you just go for coordinated j-fash/cutesy stuff? actual western dancewear?
also, wig/no wig? if yes, how do you keep it on your head and how do you make the wig last?
>>
>>9012587
I love your shirt.

I'd say dance shoes of some type might be good for some support. Cute tights and clothes, but not a lot of layers or you'll over heat. If your hair is in a cute style a wig shouldn't be required. Throw on some cute hair accessories though
>>
>>9012587
I'm apart of a group so we have a uniform that we wear for performances. But for large sets and small group video covers we try to wear different outfits that suit the song/theme. For example, for a creepy song or Halloween cover we wore a creepy cute outfit. For songs like Shy Boy we wore calf length skirts which look great for the kicks.

I always wear a wig both for performing and for videos. I have one long curly wig which is styled into 2 cute low buns which I pin to hell and back so it stays on my head. A good tip is also to glue the front/sides down with eyelash glue, so it's not flipping all over the place and in your face. (This is great for doing cosplay covers where the character has particular fringe style)
>>
File: xkBZ6n (1).gif (4 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
xkBZ6n (1).gif
4 MB, 640x360
pretty sure i've seen this shape before
>>
>>9013045
haha thanks, it was a random find!

>>9013045
>>9013271
thanks for the tips! this helps a lot, I'm generally not the greatest at coord/clothing ideas and this gives me something to go off of
have dancing /v/ meme as a thank you
>>
some frenchy covers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kYXrkdg8qs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR1nvowrGZA
>>
the guy channel has many more!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJjjBIAzEmU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShVEicXkIg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWzFFBryw_E
>>
>>9014763
Smells like selfpost
>>
>>8980463
>>8995927
Thank you for the answers!!
The Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II is pretty affordable and that explanation about the depth of field helped me a lot!
>>
File: 1449518687560.png (228 KB, 445x661) Image search: [Google]
1449518687560.png
228 KB, 445x661
>>9009182
Austin here? I'm just now getting into this again but I'm almost 30 now.
>>
>>9012587
>trying to prove how not fat she is
>posts a myspace angle pic where she looks fat
>>
>>9019835
>looks at a colander
>it's been 5 days

Really? Like, really? Leave the fuckers alone like oh my god. You are a cancer.
>>
Where's the best place to get costumes? I have zero sewing skill and want to be able to somewhat dress up aside from normal everyday clothes that match the song.
>>
>>9020036
cosmates just opened up again so you can probably go check our their stuff
>>
>>8980007
I know this wasn't replied to, but I'm also curious.
>>
File: colander.jpg (16 KB, 350x282) Image search: [Google]
colander.jpg
16 KB, 350x282
>>9020035
>looks at a colander
>colander
>>
>>9022643
Damn straight. I looked at a colander. Problem?
>>
requesting some cringe
>>
>>9000426
I don't like vocaloid at all, but I really enjoyed their dance.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T8sG3jpVS2A

I feel like I would have liked this better if I wasn't distracted by the state of the longest wig throughout.
>>
>>9029227
What's wrong with it?
>>
>>9029819
The longest one just looked kind of off to me when she twirled, like it was getting tangled or messed up. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>9029819

>>9029227 and >>9029923 here again. I don't know if her wig is thinner, but it just doesn't look as good to me when she turns. I really like their dance though. Look at the Umi and Kotori wigs in this video. I feel like they look nicer and fuller during the dance, especially the Kotori ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1E1e95FtQg
>>
>>9030283
Ahhhh I see what you mean. For some reason, when I see Erena wigs, they aren't ever as full as they should be. They always seem too thin and stringy. I guess I kind of got used to it. I see it a lot with Nozomi's wigs too. They aren't as full as they should be.
>>
>>9031267
Yeah, I feel like it is very hard to get Nozomi's hair just right, especially when it comes to the puffs right above the bands of her pigtails. I didn't scrutinize the Nozomi wigs in that video. They seemed ok tier. I wasn't looking at them and thinking how wrong they looked.
>>
File: image.png (63 KB, 746x542) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63 KB, 746x542
>>8987002
She freaked out on 1theK's new video for not featuring her submission, kek.
Included some choice comments.
>>
>>9034212
I went and read that whole thread + some others. WOW she seems like a cunt. 3 hours is a shit time for any dance & the fact that she's excusing it is bullshit. She doesn't deserve to be in any contest.
>>
J-pop summit dance contest moved the video submission deadline up.
That means 10 less days to submit.
>>
Furi Furi had their first performance since everyone but Rina and Beth quit the group
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeLN5Gb9ulg

And here's their newest member who'll be in their next performance in July
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7X9RZDmM80
>>
>>9041359
Fuck... How come now Rina is the best dancer now? And why did they perform despite clearly not having rehearsed at least once together, or on their own for that matter. This is shameful and I hope they take things seriously from now on.

Is there any decent dance group from England?

I like their outfits though. I appreciate that they are not wearing tacky colored bodyline seifuku, and sporting a kawaii deado pairu offu bleachedo twintailsu
>>
File: 1463185398241.jpg (13 KB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
1463185398241.jpg
13 KB, 420x300
>>8972568
For fun, I would imagine.
>>
>>9041413
If you're performing, the fun comes from performing. It comes after the work. Wooooow. Who would've guessed!
>>
>>9041359
That new girl sucks very much so. Oh my god they've made a mistake. I guess they just needed new members.
>>
>>9042639
They either can't tell what makes a good dancer. Or can but purposefully recruited a bad one so she can't show them up.
>>
So recently in a local con we had not one but two cover groups performing on a single day. EPS Infinity is the very definition of a High School Idol group.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIsn_7s5CQhc-9a4WD8T_fEgS2nQiM02b

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIsn_7s5CQheIzBFQX5pbRHF_w_hjfTid
>>
>>9043322
I fail to see how
>>
>>9043322
Eps was pretty damn good. Only thing I didn't like was the tennis shoes on Nozomi and Kotori.

Seriously though, two love love groups? Can't people move onto something else?
>>
>>9043513

EPS stands for Elgin Park Secondary.

>>9043547

Hard to find another idol series given how Bamco hates you and only gives you the LoveLive brand and refusing to properly bring Im@s and Aikatsu over. The most familiar groups are AKB48/0048 and LoveLive.

Fun fact, one of Sigma Omega's members is actually a guy pulling a AKB49
>>
>>9043547
There are actually 3 if I remember correctly? One is called Natsu-Heros I believe and the other name is escaping me. Definitely agree though, I wish people could move on to something else.
>>
>>9043322
I just wanna know what con this is at because wotagei chanting is perfomance goals
>>
>>9043900
This was the absolute shit tier, two day event that was Nihon Fest in Vancouver. Those wotas are regulars at all the idol-like performances at cons here though, and they really are fabulous.
>>
>>9043874
Oh I'm sure there are many love live groups. I just meant that two at one con is a little much.
>>
>>9043874

Sigma Omega Anime Dance Group

>>9043971

If only Japan localize other idol games. but Bamco has made it clear they are not gonna give us Im@s or Aikatsu
>>
And Van48. I forgot about that
>>
>>8978680
Wouldnt AkiP shut something like this down right away anyway if they seriously tried to use AKB to market themsleves? There's no point in trying to make a "usa48" unless it's official

>>8987810
Sneko hasn't gotten plumper, that's a really bad angle though, it doesn't represent how small she actually is irl

>>8987858
They all look super cute! At least they're sticking to what they know instead of putting on a hot mess of a performance, I guess

>>9000426
If anyone's curious, Miume is the name of the girl in this video and she's a great dancer to learn from!
>>
>>9041359
That was so sad.
>>
>>9044099
Ironically, no. They can't and wouldn't. The same goes for groups that use Musume in the name (much like Ringo Musume). The thing is, they clearly state their only affiliation with 48 is they aim to be like them/be an official group. If they were saying they WERE an official group, then yes. They could. But they haven't so they can't. Plus, looking through that public group (unless it's private now), someone actually wrote to AKS and the company even encouraged them but said they weren't looking for a group in the USA at the moment. Much like the newer Chinese groups in the 48, AKS cannot really shut them down because they don't claim direct affiliation. It's really weird and messy DESU. They should just give up because it won't work.
>>
>>9045140
Huh, never knew that. Thanks for the explanation!
>>
For the idol odttemita Wota. You ever wished there were Aikatsu or Im@s groups in your area?
>>
File: tumblr_nuwmwdjGB31rw3w54o3_540.gif (2 MB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nuwmwdjGB31rw3w54o3_540.gif
2 MB, 540x300
>>9047334
so badly
>>
>>8987002
This gives me hope since I am similar build to the dark brown haired girl. Was scared I would look goofy, but she is fuckin' rockin' it.
>>
>>9043547
at a recent con I went to, there was 3 LL dances, 1 AKB and 1 WUG

would have really liked to have seen idolm@ster instead of all of those though the WUG group was really good
>>
>>9047334
Tried multiple times to make im@s groups, but all failed due to people not being interested enough. Ironically there is a group in my area that does a shit ton of im@s dances and cosplays, but they stick to their original members, which makes sense but equally makes me salty.
>>
Anybody want to do idolm@ster dances at Metrocon?

I know like ten of the dances, tho I learned a lot of them with my dance group so I don't know the center parts. I was thinking of just doing a solo thing and filming me dancing all the ones I know somewhere at the con, but I'm not sure if that'd seem lame or not?

I don't have any of my dance friends going but I usually perform at cons so its weird to be going without any dance plans :/
>>
>>9052983
I'd be super interested in doing im@s dances, but it's too far away, sorry anon
>>
>>9052983
Go try to find Citrus Dance Group. I don't know of their attending but there a Florida dance group.
>>
>>9052983
>Metrocon = Florida
>in San Francisco
Kill me slowly anon, I hope you find people though. I think a girl I know whose a huge im@sfag just moved down there for work at Disneyworld. She used to work for Fanime's maid cafe.
>>
>>9053880
>>9054483
Ugh I'm sorry you guys live so far away.I hope you find people to dance with too!

I didn't realize quite what I was getting into when I moved to Florida. I'm so far south that I'm pretty much restricted to Florida cons unless I want to fly or drive 15+ hours >.>

I still went to Katsu, AZ and Colossal this year though and plan to go next year too
>RIP my wallet

>>9053906
Oh I looked them up they seem nice! I'll prob message them if I work up the nerve thanks for the heads up
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.