[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gyaru Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: FB_IMG_1458497897905.jpg (63 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458497897905.jpg
63 KB, 600x800
Old one died

>do you own any rare brand pieces? If yes which?

>favourite gyaru, doesn't matter if gaijin or Japanese
>>
To answer my own questions

1. I don't think that I own sth rare

2. I love Harutamu and Himena
>>
What would be considered "rare"?

My fave gyaru are Yun, Mipochi and Ashley
>>
I don't think I own any rare pieces? Are there rare pieces? Maybe in gaijin terms but gyaru stuff is seasonal for a lot of it.

Favorite gyaru is Himena! I sort of like Ririka as well. I also look up to Harutam because she's a badass!
>>
I heard of some 'rare' ma*rs and lizmelo pieces as in lolita rare. But not sure if it's true
>>
>>8948254
With Ririka, do you mean Harutamus creepy twin?
>>
>>8947522
>>8948248
>>8948254
We should add pics!

Mine are Shizuka Takeda (takedashizuka0517 on instagram, although she isn't gal anymore) and Ayuxusa (ayuxusa75) who works at Deyle Noir and makes onee look super cute imo.
>>
>>8949044
I love seeing short hair in gyaru!

Btw, any fellow gyarus in Sweden?
>>
>>8949044
Omg, I wish I could rock this kind of hairstyle! It looks so cute and comfortable
>>
File: tumblr_myuoi54bio1t06hyqo1_540.jpg (114 KB, 387x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myuoi54bio1t06hyqo1_540.jpg
114 KB, 387x810
I kind of hate the gaijin onee trend because everyone looks the same and they're all buying the same pieces, but I guess it's better than nothing.

I'm also tired of this whole pattern-blocking thing going on from the onee brands, with lots of empty space and then BAM rose graphics on the border or the lower half of the garment... its cute but tiring to see over and over again
>>
File: dutch gals.jpg (122 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
dutch gals.jpg
122 KB, 640x960
I'm finding this Dutch gyarusa really inspiring lately, I don't remember what they're called but I think being in proximity to Jojo is making all of them step their game up. I don't remember the last time I saw a group of gaijin gals looking this good. The girls in the front are a little basic, but the girls in back are looking really good.
>>
File: sayoko.jpg (58 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
sayoko.jpg
58 KB, 400x533
>>8950282
Oh wait, I just realised I misread the question kinda. My favourite japanese gal is Sayoko Ozaki- I don't really wear onee style but I just love how glamorous she looks. Then my favourite gaijin gal is probably Jojo right now, it was Chewiee but she's left the fashion and I really doubt she's coming back.
>>
>>8950289
I don't really like jojo since her style got pretty boring these days.

But I like ari marie, even though her last few posts of make and hair were a little sloppy. And I like himena anni
>>
>>8950491
Eh, I'm not really into the really OTT stuff myself- I really admire the skill and chutzpah that goes into what Ari does, but I personally prefer more glamorous and 'wearable' looks.
>>
>>8950491
>boring
her style has never been boring in my opinion
>>
>>8950536
She always wears the same 3pieces and wears her hair flat down while others get scolded for it she gets asspats?

I preferred her style more when she was still switching it from time to time
>>
>>8950531
I love the ott stuff, I also like onee and other towned down styles, but it looks not 'outstanding' on western people, just plain and boring and nothing like gyaru
>>
>>8950545
Okay, I'm not convinced that you actually have any idea what gyaru is, because you sound like one of those weebs who has a shit fit if people aren't wearing head to toe alba rosa and 90s ganguro make. Styles change anon.

>>8950536
Agreed, it's not reinventing the wheel but she looks fantastic.
>>
>>8950289
Will forever miss Chewiee :'( even with natural hair and not trying she looks more gal than most gaijin comms put together, sigh
>>
>>8950553
I do infact know what gyaru is all about, and that's why I think that the 'gyaru' should still be visible. I don't want everyone to run around in 90's/00's gyaru omg hell not but people wearing himekaji, roma and onee and never have done sth different aren't worth to call themselves gyaru desu (doesn't mean they're ugly or don't look good in their style, but they're not gyaru after all)

With jojo it is, she's infact gyaru, her style is good, but as mentioned before in the last few months it got pretty boring to see her wear the same three pieces over and over again, doing the same makeup (which is perf but I sometimes want to see sth different), and always wearing her hair flat down with her shitty extensions in it (while others get scold for wearing their hair flat down wtf?)
>>
every gal I've ever seen looks like they would smell kinda funky
>>
Who here is still in mourning for GoH?
>>
>>8950593
>but they're not gyaru after all
But... They are. Those are all styles of gal. They might not be your personal taste but that's still gal. I think it's like a friend of mine said- onee is something you have to earn. If you've never tried more challenging/out-there styles, you shouldn't go straight to the simplest and least visible one.

By that logic, Jojo's paid her dues, so if she's not tried anything new in a while, I'd say that means she's found what works for her. Someone else will step in with something new and exciting.

Speaking of gaijin gals, it feels like we're haemorraging them from the community right now, doesn't it? But maybe that's just because all the good gals in my country either quit or move to Japan.
>>
>>8950638
Are you from Germany? And are you friends with Shiena, cuz that are exactly her words
>>
>>8950642
Nope, I didn't even know about any German gals moving to Japan. And I didn't hear that from Shiena, heard it from Heather iirc.
>>
>>8950644
Haha ok. A lot of German gals moved to Japan recently aka Seres little hoes.

Then heather got this from Shiena. But I also think so. Onee is sth you earn. Himekaji, and other substyles related are also a thing to earn I think, like when you do it if you don't have enough time for a whole look.

With jojo, I do infact think she looks good, but not outstanding anymore. Other than that I like her
>>
>>8950680
Oh really? I thought it was dutch gals Sere was hanging out with- isn't Gaya dutch? And I know Katie and Ksara are english, so I don't know who that leaves.

I think that really any of those styles can look really gal as long as your hair, make and accessories are on point. I mean look at ora ora- you can literally make a tracksuit look gal if you know what you're doing. But a lot of these new gals have shitty unstyled hair and their makeup is either barely there or a white-eyeliner weeaboo nightmare. I don't know which is worse. Is it so hard to just look at the magazines and do it right???
>>
>>8950703
Vika, Kisu, Sandra all of these are German, also that guy who wants to pay a Japanese girl for marriage to achieve a spouse visa, guess he got that idea from sere lol

This ^^ just look at the mags
It's ok to struggle at first. A lot of people struggle with the eyelash thing, because in eg Europe it just isn't as common as in eg Japan to wear them on a daily routine. And hair can also be difficult at first, but it's not as hard as it seems to make it either hanging straight down or put some curls in. Do twintails or whatever. I mind those weebs who still won't get it right after a year or two ugh
>>
>>8950736
I don't think I'll ever wear eyelashes on a daily basis, I hate to go out socially without them but every day? fuck dat
>>
>>8950748
I wouldn't go out with them daily too, but in Japan a lot of ladies do. Half of the girls at my school did

For beginners it's pretty difficult to apply them properly, at least I remember me struggling to get them on. Everything changed after I've lived in Japan for a while. I got so used to wear lashes that I still feel sad that nowadays I can only wear them about once a month
>>
>>8950736#
I'm in the german gal scene and I don't know anyone you mentioned. Who are these girls?
>>
>>8951163
You must be new then, sorry
>>
>>8951163
>>8951460
If you know who Sere is then you'll most likely also know these.

And if you know about the VK scene a little you'll absolutely know who they are
>>
File: original.png (1 MB, 988x525) Image search: [Google]
original.png
1 MB, 988x525
I'm pretty new to actually dressing gyaru. I mostly just enjoy looking at pictures of cute oldschool gals and wishing I could dress like that.
Does anyone know where I could buy tacky, loud, or generally just clothes that scream "gyaru?" Pic related
>>
>>8953054
Online gyaru groups or, if you're from Europe, turkish, chinese or gypsy stores
>>
>>8953266
Yeah, turkish and chinese clubwear stores are where it's at. I've found loads of stuff in those.
>>
>>8950629
Me, I'm still very sad.
>>
Bump
>>
>>8950282
You mean regal
>>
>>8957993
What does regal even mean?? In German it means book shelf, so I'm pretty confused
>>
File: hair.jpg (141 KB, 480x700) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
141 KB, 480x700
What hair products (ULTA, Sally Beauty links) can I use to pin up my hair like this? Claw clips keep falling down and bobby pins are weak and shitty. Is there any type of pin/clip that would hold hair upwards like picture attached? Thank you.
>>
>>8958061
thats a metric tonne of backcombing and hair spray
>>
>>8958066
What I planned on doing was putting my hair into pig tails and using a clawclip underneath to hold it up higher; kind of like lolita twin tail wigs but putting the two pigtails up at the top of the head.
>>
I don't own anything rare really... trying to build my wardrobe currently.

My favorite gal is Amihamu, but I also love Jojo's old style.
>>
>>8950629
You are not alone, anon.
>>
>>8953331
>>8958109
Rokku mourning circle gals
>>
>>8958022
i read something about it. a joke about royal and gal
>>
>>8958089
Buy half wigs/extensions and watch some スジ盛り aka sujimori tutorials on youtube
>>
File: T2GA4iXetcXXXXXXXX_!!142530546.jpg (130 KB, 760x760) Image search: [Google]
T2GA4iXetcXXXXXXXX_!!142530546.jpg
130 KB, 760x760
Anyone know anything about yukata and where to find really good gyaru looking obis/decorations for them?

Believe it or not, I found an authentic yukata at the Salvation Army today in my little middle of nowhere town and it's the perfect look for gyaru so I wanted to try and wear it for an upcoming convention.
>>
>>8958415
rakuten!
>>
File: yukatasleeve.jpg (108 KB, 675x1200) Image search: [Google]
yukatasleeve.jpg
108 KB, 675x1200
>>8958419
Do you have any shop recommendations? I had heard there was a shop on eBay that auctioned off a lot of stuff but I have no idea what the name of it is either.

And just to share, here's the pink on the yukata!
>>
>>8958022
Its related to royal in English.
>>
I think it's just time to except that the gaijin gyaru comm is dead
>>
muh dick
>>
>>8963107
It's actually coming back. But people are afraid to post online. I know many gyaru who keep themselves out of comms and groups
>>
what is the difference between gyaru and ganguro
>>
>>8963293
Pretty much everything? Hair design, makeup style, shade of makeup, etc. Especially considering what you define as gyaru like the Liz Lisa 'natural' look vs ganguro
>>
>>8963293
Ganguro is a substyle of gyaru
Ganguro = gyaru
>>
>>8963269
I guess I should've been specific:

The North American gaijin comm is dead. Nothing like what is going on in the European comm is going on over here and I doubt it will
>>
>>8963304
I wonder why. In the us you easily get everything to become a gal
>>
>>8963304
stop sulking, start dressing
>>
>>8963474
I am one of the few who "dress" so way ahead of you

>>8963376
I don't know what it is but even with everything readily available, people but the bare minimum amount of effort, if that
>>
>>8963591
Oh well, that's just how americans are in the eye of a eurofag. You get all the resources, but fuck it up anyway. Don't be angry with me, at least you guys are entertaining
>>
>>8963269
Yeah, I kinda of avoid using the online communities, you gals are terrifying.
>>
>>8963777
I guess there are various causes for this
>in comparison to lolis, most gaijin gya actually plan to go to Japan instead of throwing out their money for brand
>those who achieve the nippon dream mostly end up as prostitutes
>online comm will go full retard over that

>newbies who can't accept concrit
>oldies who just bully amd don't give proper concrit
>newbies who stay in their 'newbie phase' forever and three years

>the overall gyaru look is probably even more difficult than the lolita stuff
>lolita buys full coord and a wig baaam lolita
>gyaru needs coord skills, perfect makeup skills, and know how to do their hair
>it's even more difficult for fatties
>>
>>8963599
This
>have everything at their fingertips
>still wear hot topic shit and look like ghetto cunts
>then they come to Europe and whine about how racist, elitist and mean we are and try to introduce dumb SJW rules so that everyone can participate
Go shit in your own pool and leave ours alone
>>
>>8964361
I think gyaru just have higher standards than lolis. There are some lolis with fucking terrible hair and makeup who look like complete potatoes outside of loli, you don't really get that in gal apart from a few notable lolcows. I think the nice thing about gal though is that if you're really trying to improve, older gals will back you 100% and invest in your progress, because we all want the gaijin gyaru comm to grow and improve, especially now that it's dying out in Japan.

I think the gyaru comm probably seems really intimidating to newbies, but I find it's so supportive and warm once you make some friends and establish yourself. I never found that with loli at all, found it all very fake-nice and two-faced.
>>
>>8964370
I remember how hard it was to just get some fucking lashes in (northern)europe just like 2-4years ago. You either needed to buy overpriced shit at cons or buy online.

Or wigs! In America they have fucking wig shops, not only for people with cancer or other illnesses, but also for normal people.

And clothes! In Europe you'll always get the same three pieces in two different colors. But gyaru is actually based on american clothes!

Yet, the murrican comm still can't get it's shit together
>>
>>8964376
>gyaru is dying out in Japan
You clearly have no clue, right?

But you're tru nowadays the oldies tryna help, but there are like 100newbies and only one of them will turn from what a lolita would call ita into a perfect gal. As if it was soooo difficult to fucling throw some lashes into your face and dress like a gypsy. Even I got it after like 1 1/2 years of dirty mean unhelpful concrit (started in the days where all the gossip pages and idiots were still active)
>>
>>8964380
>You clearly have no clue, right?
Uh... what? GoH, Glavil and co&lu in 109 all shut down within something like a week of each other, and dia is toning down dramatically. It's not looking good. You still see gals on the street in Osaka, but we're all pretty fucked if the designers stop making clothes for the style.

>As if it was soooo difficult to fucling throw some lashes into your face and dress like a gypsy.
Well the thing with gal is isn't not difficult *once you know what you're doing*, but I think the aesthetic is a lot more complex and nuanced than lolita, so ex-lolis come in and think they just have to follow a set of rules and that'll make them a perfect gal. Gal doesn't work like that at all, you really have to understand the origins, subculture and social image of the style to perfect it imo. That's the #1 thing I'd say more newbies do wrong, because if they paid more attention to the magazines, blogs and models, they'd get it right much quicker.
>>
>>8964386
Brands dying, but that's the greatest thing about gal, that you don't need those fucking brands. You can get gal clothes everywhere, we not lolis.

>only in osaka
And saitama, and chiba and nagoya and kawaguchi, etc only the tokyo scene died

I wonder why non of them takes a look at gal models, magazines and youtube tutorials. The resources are given
>>
>>8964388
>And saitama, and chiba and nagoya and kawaguchi, etc only the tokyo scene died
Oh really? I didn't know that, that's really cool.

But can you really say you can think of anywhere that isn't dia that sells that style of clothing? Or mars? It's a bit easier with brands like GoH, Glavil or Co&lu that are similar to particular western styles, but the only place I can get stuff that looks like dia is, well, dia. And I'm absolutely in love with that style.

There is that shop New Yorker in Germany that does dia-style stuff sometimes (they even did a couple of replicas iirc), but it's hit and miss.
>>
>>8964396
If you're from Germany then check out turkish or Vietnamese/Chinese stores. They have the same bitchy stuff as you get at dia. Mars well thatps sth different, though they also toned down alot.

But usually, you can definitely be a gyaru without owning a single piece of brand, which is the magic special super awesome point about this lifestyle.
>>
>>8964386
>Glavil
EVEN GLAVIL? oh no
>>
>>8964386
I don't think it's about needing to research to understand but more that a lot of people don't have an innate sense of fashion. so when they go from something structured to something that requires some vague understanding they don't know what to do. like most of these people can't put together an outfit other than jeans and tshirt, let alone try to do a bunch of stuff at once.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2000x3199) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2000x3199
Shamelessly selfposting today's outfit
>>
>>8965550
Those tights don't go with these boots
>>
>>8965550
Needs pink shoes
>>
>>8965820
Naah needs more 'girly' shoes than these farmer like lookimg boots amd those tights...I mean usually the hearts should go up halfway of the thigh
>>
>>8965550
I agree with both ^ + I don't like the thin belt over the bulky sweater. I think your proportions are off overall
>>
>>8965829
The tights are too small, not pulled up enough, I guess.
>>
>>8965812
Those tights don't go with gyaru*
>>
File: bumpit.png (780 KB, 933x588) Image search: [Google]
bumpit.png
780 KB, 933x588
>>8958061
Could you maybe use a small foam piece and angle it to be more dominate on one side along with your pig-tail idea? Their called 'bumpit's over here but it might be diff for you.

I actually made my own similar to the black w/ clip pic, Being able to make a costumed color and shape really helped me with my styling (although I live in a pageant state so big hair is big business here)
>>
>>8965833
I didn't even noticed the belt

>>8965841
That's the problem I guess

>>8965844
They can go with gyaru if they fit properly
>>
>>8958415
This is just a regular pre-tied 2-tone obi in photo, nothing special. Glittery or metallic heko obi tucked in front and yukata worn off shoulders is more gyaru. Pretty belt instead of datejime, etc, if you know any kimono styling at all. Ageha used to publish annual kimono book that has stylings for that and Sweet Angel should be stocking sets and accessories on rakuten by end of May. Those are very cute for gyaru yukata style.
>>
>>8965550
That dress is cute af but those boots truly are not. You need some pink or white heels in your life.
>>
>>8965550
The boots and belt could go more rokku, bare legs, miniskirt in denim or leopard (or shorts) and this black tank.
but the sweater is more sweet and cute so needs softer accessories, less edge. Use plain stockings and some heels like >>8949044 photo. Add white tank instead of black, use belt as second necklace, long or doubled.

I think everything you show here can be gal just need to sort the pieces and put like with like.

I think your hair needs some lift and maybe curl or texture and of course we can't see the make so??
What do you think?
>>
>>8965889
I wouldn't wear those boots in rokku either, flat boots with no platform or anything are really ehhh for gal. Those just look like ugly farmer boots to me and I would never try to make those work in a gal look.
>>
>>8964641
Yeah, that definitely makes sense. Personally I think that people with no sense of fashion should just stay out of gal, looking stylish and well put together is the whole point.
>>
>>8965550
Invest in some high heeled boots if you wanna go that way, this isn't working with gal
>>
>>8965550
>>8965550
I love that jumper but agreeing with others, needs a much thicker belt , mor black accessories and a more elegant heeled shoe
Looks like you've go hair height but not texture
>>
>>8965846
Not the person you were replying to, but thank you for the tip, I didn't even know these existed! Ordered a set in two different sizes, this should help me get a bit more volume at the crown when I'm doing big curly hairstyles.

On another note- valentines seem to be doing a lot better on Facebook now. Do any of you submit valentines? If so, how do you decide who to post? I normally go onto SnG and International Gyaru and just screenshot anyone who looks really good and doesn't get posted all the time like Jojo or Ari.
>>
>>8965846
>>8966138
These work way better!
>>
>>8966145
m8 I just bought the other thing, why do you have to break my heart like this
>>
>>8966154
I didn't know! Also you work fast girl, less than 10 minutes.
>>
File: y1-89926_1[1].jpg (246 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
y1-89926_1[1].jpg
246 KB, 640x480
just bought this beauty. any pics with yukata inspo?

>http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/tosen/item/y1-89926/
>>
File: 539544-hime_blush.png (546 KB, 952x535) Image search: [Google]
539544-hime_blush.png
546 KB, 952x535
>>8965812
>>8965833
>>8965844
>>8965883
>>8965950
Damn okay
Embarrassing
>>
>>8966416
I get what you were trying to do but it just doesn't look very gyaru.
>>
>>8966416
don't be discouraged, theres a cute base there!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1423543925562.jpg (68 KB, 640x886) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1423543925562.jpg
68 KB, 640x886
>>8966401
>>
>>8966513
aww yeah this is exactly the look i was going for, thanks anon!
>>
>>8966416
we need more people w guts to post like you! don't stop, you can get better!
>>
>>8966781
I might post my hime gyaru outfit I wore today. not sure tho.
>>
>>8966933
Do it anon!
>>
>>8966933
Do it!
>>
Who's your favourite gaijin gal or inspo? Aside of ari marie, jojo and heather
+ attach photos
>>
>>8967985
>>
>>8968000
>who's your fav gaijin gal + attach photo
Do you think I can guess her name just because of a fucking photo??
>>
>>8968014
ameberu
>>
>>8968000
Good choice, Amber is gorgeous. Really underrated too.

>>8968014
What is reverse image search, retard?
>>
File: xin.jpg (128 KB, 792x960) Image search: [Google]
xin.jpg
128 KB, 792x960
>>8967985
I still love Xin Hui, she finally came back and I don't really know if she's going to do looks like pic related anymore but I hope so.
>>
>>8968103
Sorry, I don't know how that work. I think it only works if you're online via a laptop I guess?
>>
>>8966416
No don't get sad! Seriously I should've had a different tone.. Keep posting! Like the other anon said, we need people like you
>>
>>8966416
Yeah don't feel bad. We all make bad decisions at first, pretty much just swap out the boots and get tights that fit and you have a nice look there.
>>
File: CUNPIC_20160417_203012_1_1.jpg (638 KB, 1500x1820) Image search: [Google]
CUNPIC_20160417_203012_1_1.jpg
638 KB, 1500x1820
>>8967018
>>8967488
Here's a(sort of)collage from yesterday.
>>
>>8968334
also i just noticed i didn't take any head on pics so my eye make looks a bit odd.
>>
>>8968334
This is really cute!! Are you the anon from previous thread who've ordered all the hime stuff?
>>
>>8968344
Yes that'd be me~ Been trying to put it to good use with the nice weather now.
>>
>>8968343
Could you explain how you mean exactly?
>>
>>8968334
Super cute! Even though I don't dress this way myself.

And about that other anon, I don't get that nightmare vibe? Maybe they were thinking that your eyes are a bit intense? I think it's fine! Keep up the good work!
>>
>>8968334
If possible, you should try longer undershorts for your top/dress, it seems too too short imo
>>
>>8968358
I have really long legs so it probably looks shorter than it really is, but I get what you mean.

>>8968362
I'm trying to see what you mean, but I'm still not 100% sure. Mostly cause the smile I'm doing there is kind of just my natural one so I'm unsure how to change it. I'll consider it though, thanks!
>>
>>8968334
Your outfit is cute as hell but you need to learn to take a selfie. Face a window so you get some good natural lighting, lift your chin a little, and practice smiling in a way that suits you.
>>
>>8968375
Yeah I'll definitely try to work on it!

Thanks for the critiques everyone!
>>
>>8968334
Super cute!
>>
>>8968334
super cute anon! some nit picks are that you need a bit more texture in your bump and your corners need extending more (especially into the inners), and a thinner lower lash line, you're bordering rokku levels of thickness
also more upper lashes, but not sure if thats just the unflattering evil looking down your nose pose making that happen
>>
Post more gaijin inspo plus names please! I'm rather new and want to know more good ones aside from the ones always popping up anyway, because they've a huge followership
>>
>>8969344
If you mean gaijin as in western just join the fb pages and scroll through anon
>>
>>8969349
But in the groups only noobs or well known pop up. I want to know if there's more, or maybe ex gals etc

I'm searching for people with more slavic/russian features
>wide jaw
>small, but high and slender nose
>deep set eyes
>big eyes

I really need some good inspo. It seems like I can't figure out how to contour my nose while looking at people with wide or flat nosebridges contouring theires. On my nosebridge there's barely any space for a contour line because it's so slim
>>
>>8969553
Mando maybe? Or Kohaku? There's not all that many gaijin gals with that face type that I can think of, but those two might help you.
>>
File: Fotor_145535646243545.jpg (101 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Fotor_145535646243545.jpg
101 KB, 640x640
>>8969344
GeorgiePiyo
>>
File: 16-02-07-23-24-45-666_deco.jpg (88 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
16-02-07-23-24-45-666_deco.jpg
88 KB, 640x640
>>8969639
>>
>>8969639
this doesn't even look gyaru >>8969642 this only barely does.
>>
>>8969983
ever head of amekaji? some of her coords are very inspired by Japanese amekaji gyaru
>>
>>8969988
That doesn't really work on a white girl. Plus most of those -kaji type 'gyaru' styles are barely even gyaru anymore I think most of them tend to be lumped in inappropriately.
>>
File: 16-02-12-17-55-12-322_deco.jpg (90 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
16-02-12-17-55-12-322_deco.jpg
90 KB, 640x640
>>8970000
Yes, it does
>>
>>8970006
>>8969988
>whiteknighting
>filenames
Oh dear, looks like we've found a selfposter.

Georgie, your style is nice, but anon is right, it's pretty basic and not really anything to write home about. You should probably leave before you embarrass yourself any further.
>>
>>8970055
Sorry, but I'm not Georgie. Just look at her blog and see how she writes English
>>
>>8970062
I bet you think himekaji is gyaru too.
>>
>>8970066
Without gyaru make up I don't think it's gyaru.
>>
>>8970062
Same level of English as yours, generally passable with occasional small syntactical mistakes. Shocking coincidence, that.

Seriously, just go. You'll only harm your fanbase by pulling shit like this.
>>
>>8970068
Himekaji girls don't use gal makeup at all.

Also, gal isn't gal -with- the make up, it's not gal -without- it. That's a common misconception.
>>
>>8970006
>>8969642
>>8969639
>same uggs with every outfit
100% agree with other anons.
>>
>>8970069
You're seriously reaching.
>>
>>8970068
How do we even know if she's wearing gyaru makeup?
>>
>>8970081
>>
>>8970081
I had a look at her blog and I'm not really seeing any gyaru makeup.
>>
>>8970085
is she the one on our left in pink? that's not gyaru makeup at all. there's not even any contouring.
>>
>>8970090
does she need contouring?
>>
>>8970092
Have you ever even seen gyaru before? Look at all the other girls ITT.
>>
>>8970092
jesus christ could you be any more fucking new. yes. yes she does. try actually opening a gyaru magazine for once in your life
>>
Are some of you guys new to gyaru? Of course she is gyaru.
>>
>>8971320
this. I'm amazed they call someone new when they're the ones who're new as fuck
>>
>>8971320
>>8971337
Jeez, the samefag is so obvious it burns. I honestly liked your style Georgie but this is pathetic and I'm not going to promote you in any way after seeing this shit. Grow up and stop living your whole life for efame.
>>
>>8971495
Are you trolling? We aren't Georgie.
>>
>>8966138
I just save pictures from whoever looks good on my facebook feed, then at the end of the week edit them and send them in
>>
>>8966416
we all start out somewhere, once you try out more things, you will find your style. It took me years of harsh critique and research to find out "what gyaru is"
>>
>>8967985
Motoko is so good! her eyemakeup is always a good inspo
>>
>>8967985
Persia is also one of my new favourites
>>
>>8967985
Of course, mando is amazing, such a sweet person, they are really talented
>>
>>8967985
others include: marta (the half pink haired girl), eteria (friend of Ari, her highlights are amazing), and jasmine (the german girl)
>>
>>8967985
and Lau!
>>
>>8972134
I like Lau too! I wish she'd update her blog more often
>>
>>8968334
I am not familiar with the clothes, but for the makeup: try bigger/spikey lashes, maybe a different eyeshape? a slight droop, don't go as heavy on the top liner.
a litle bit of shimmery white in the inner corner (or a glittery eyeliner) would be cute aswell!
>>
>>8972148
I follow her instagram account, didn't know she has a blog! What's the link?
>>
>>8972165
http://lau-paint-the-sky.blogspot.fi/
>>
>>8972122
Motoko is amazing, so underrated. But then of course, she doesn't post much.
>>
>>8972134
Lau is so inspirational and she's actually one of the sweetest gals I've ever met. She's really humble, I don't think she really realises how good she actually is.
>>
>>8972169
>http://lau-paint-the-sky.blogspot.fi/
>.fi

Found the Finnfag
>>
Always interesting how those who know nothing are always the loudest.
>>
File: T2x5qxXcVcXXXXXXXX_!!695691924.jpg (80 KB, 362x487) Image search: [Google]
T2x5qxXcVcXXXXXXXX_!!695691924.jpg
80 KB, 362x487
I recently found this Chinese gyaru I really like, I believe I found her because she was modelling on a taobao gyaru shop?
She's called Anzulu, I have a shit ton of photos of her so I can do a mini dump
>>
File: tumblr_n6e2w62fwv1rxqtvfo1_400.jpg (31 KB, 341x452) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6e2w62fwv1rxqtvfo1_400.jpg
31 KB, 341x452
>>8974440
>>
File: tumblr_n7hmbjXcL31rxqtvfo1_500.jpg (120 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7hmbjXcL31rxqtvfo1_500.jpg
120 KB, 500x667
>>8974441
>>
File: T2SUPmXmdaXXXXXXXX_!!695691924.jpg (32 KB, 374x495) Image search: [Google]
T2SUPmXmdaXXXXXXXX_!!695691924.jpg
32 KB, 374x495
>>8974442
>>
File: tumblr_n7k4eqcrj21rxqtvfo1_500.jpg (24 KB, 450x594) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7k4eqcrj21rxqtvfo1_500.jpg
24 KB, 450x594
>>8974444
ohh quads
>>
File: tumblr_ngmx6iaki01rxqtvfo1_500.jpg (118 KB, 466x598) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ngmx6iaki01rxqtvfo1_500.jpg
118 KB, 466x598
>>8974445
>>
File: tumblr_ncjdwvCSjG1rxqtvfo1_500.jpg (43 KB, 444x593) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncjdwvCSjG1rxqtvfo1_500.jpg
43 KB, 444x593
>>8974446
>>
File: tumblr_mnbnzbjXx61rxqtvfo1_400.png (397 KB, 369x496) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnbnzbjXx61rxqtvfo1_400.png
397 KB, 369x496
>>8974447
>>
File: tumblr_o1hifof5Mn1tkxxxbo1_400.jpg (27 KB, 320x304) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1hifof5Mn1tkxxxbo1_400.jpg
27 KB, 320x304
>>8974449
>>
>>8974440
Do you remember what shop it was? I wanna check it out!
>>
>>8974530
ahhh...not off the top of my head, but i know its on the taobao gyaru shop list!
>>
>>8974530
https://shop66277284.world.taobao.com/ i think it was this one? i can't remember if it had loads of her images or just the one
>>
>>8974445
>>8947519

This is probably a dumb question, but what are those fluffy things on their legs called? Is there a specific name for them, and where can I get them?
>>
What are your favorite shops? I've been using dreamv for a while, but most of their recent stuff isn't very gyaru.
>>
>>8976340
leg warmers
>>
>>8976369
All the gyaru sale groups on facebook for sure.
>>
>>8976374
that's clearly not what their asking
>>8976369
glavil! I'm so not feeling dream v or d.i.a at the moment at all
>>
>>8976387
>their asking
yeah, I agree
>>
>>8976619
You got me there anon
>>
File: 3032293550_3369ab47d1_m.jpg (21 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
3032293550_3369ab47d1_m.jpg
21 KB, 180x240
I feel like its so hard to be an A+ gyaru without being thin/skinny. The aesthetic just doesn't work for fuller figures imo, so I struggle to coord my own outfits

Do any of you have inspo of fuller figured (not fat) gaijin gyaru or am I SOL?
>>
>>8976963
What do you mean by full but not fat?
>eg I'd consider ari as fat
>but barbie as full/normal
(Excuse those shitty examples, but those too are popular and they just came up to my brain)

Also, since when is gyaru about coord? If your hair and make looks like shit, you can't pull it off anyway
>>
>>8977037
Ayutama is another popular example for a more 'full' gyaru
>>
>>8977037
Well I have my hair and make down but I feel incomplete when I'm just in jeans and a tee. I would say im closer to barbie but I am not shaped like a telephone poll

>>8977040
Ayutama has a similar body type to mine. I will look more of her coords up, thank you!
>>
>>8977048
That's actually not full, but FEMALE. you have a FEMALE bodyshape. And there's tons of stuff going well with it.

I'm an hourglass and I love babydolls or any kind of skirts which cover my thighs and booty
>>
File: away foul beast.jpg (59 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
away foul beast.jpg
59 KB, 546x700
>>8977064
>>
>>8977155
Because I say that someone with barbies or ayutamas shape isn't fat? So you should better be off to the and milk some ana cows
>>
>>8970085
whose that ghoul in the background
>>
>>8977064
Female isn't a body shape, Calorina.
>>
>>8977316
>Female means to have curves but not being fat.

Being a stroke isn't considered female it's called child or loli like and if you're fat as ari, you're a landwhale.

Next you'll come up with female isn't even a gender or what? Who's the lil'tumblerina now?
>>
>>8977331
Nice n healthy FEMALE body shape
>>
>>8977337
Stroke in the landscape

Both types look good in their own way. But being too thin or being too fat isn't kawaii
>>
>>8977340
>>8977337
>>8977331
Fucking hell please learn English before trying to talk shit on 4chan. Your posts are so garbled that your meaning isn't even clear.
>>
>>8976963
Ari, Motoko and Kaylen are all good plus-sized gaijin gals.

I think it's absolutely possible to be both fat and gal (yes, properly fat, not just curvy), it's just a bit more difficult. If your hair and make are on point and you wear stylish/glamorous clothes that suit your body, you will be most of the way to looking gal. Bigger girls should consider some additional factors like bigger hair (big girl big hair is an excellent rule for gal), killer heels to make your legs look longer, and how to dress best for their shape.

For the body type you're talking about (fuller, but not really fat), I don't think it's difficult at all. Go read Soul Sister, you'll see a ton of thick thighs and round faces.
>>
File: sdnnachu.jpg (195 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
sdnnachu.jpg
195 KB, 540x540
>>8976963
not gaijin, but SDN48's Nachu is a good example of the 'big hair idea' that >>8977430 is on about. Big hair, big nails help to match the big figure that would otherwise dwarf a smaller frame.
>>
File: wowstyle.png (911 KB, 852x435) Image search: [Google]
wowstyle.png
911 KB, 852x435
Not strictly gyaru but I was watching this documentary on Coming of Age ceremonies in Okinawa and it's got a lot of gyaru-ish style in it so far so I thought I'd link. It's subbed as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEIBWX6x0eI
>>
>>8977478
How is this considered 'big'?
>>
While I'm not a Gyaru myself I want to ask if anybody in this thread has pics of the Surfer style Gyaruo as there is barely any pictures on Google images. I need it for a character ref. Any/All pictures appreciated
>>
>>8949128
Not actively dressing as gyaru but considering getting into it. What styles do you like/dress?
>>
I made a new site for posting secrets to because msy always has an excuse for why she is late

I will be posting twice a week. If you submit today I will make a secrets post today also.

gyarusecrets.wordpress.com
>>
>>8978265
Tbf missy isn't the main admin and also isn't able to contact them. She already said she wants help, but she couldn't get another admin in.

Will take a look at your page tho! Give your best gurl and also post the link in the gaijin gyaru thread on lolcow
>>
>>8978259
Kind of the same situation. I've just bought some clothes that might fit, at least more than my current ones. I'm already into the make up and nails though.
>>
Your favourite Japanese gyaru idols?
>>
>>8978507
Yun, Mipochi and Sayoko definitely
>>
so if I want to be gyaru id have to buy loud and trashy clothes?
>>
>>8979046
As was said higher up in the thread, if you have the makeup and hair correct you can wear whatever you want. Trashy or otherwise.
>>
>>8979046
1. pick a substyle of gal that you like
2. learn the appropriate makeup style and big, curly, glamorous hair in general
3. buy the appropriate clothes, this might be cute girly stuff (hime), glamorous lady stuff (onee), loud trashy stuff (kurogal, tsuyome), punk stuff... there is a looooot of variation in this style.

Really the important thing is that if you want to be gyaru you have to RESEARCH. It's not a difficult style to learn if you have good fashion sense and lurk moar.
>>
>>8979520
Stop teaching newbies that they need to be pros at self doing a sujimori. That's so wrong
>>
>>8979520
99% of the Japanese gyaru get their hair done (only for a events) at a hairdresser. Other than that, they mostly wear it flat down, do pigtails, ponytails, or slighlty backcomb the toplayers
>>
>>8979520
The sujimori, big hair stuff started around 2006 and was a common thing among agejo gals, until it later was adapted by the neo kuros (aka bd)
>>
>>8979520
Egg cover
>>
>>8979520
Casual odango hairstyle
>>
You see, the hair is definitely not unimportant, but the main point, after all, is the makeup
>>
I actually love this hairstyle, but my hair is a little too short for it right now...and too thin
>>
>>8979804
I love that hairstyle as well, I just really hate exposed extensions
>>
>>8979828
I don't know, I think it's kinda cute with the braid in ones, but it's disgusting with the clip ins, for which I don't buy them
>>
>>8979635
...nobody said they did? I just said they need to be able to do big, glamorous hair, calm yourself. If you can't even be bothered to do your hair, gal probably isn't for you.
>>
>>8979952
No one needs to be able to do big hair, bitch. Very few people, very few gals are able to do big hair on their own. Even at a professional salon, made by 3-5people it'll take hours until you have 'big glamorous hair'. So tell me how someone who isn't a professional hairstylist should so that at home? Guess no one.

That's why I posted the photos from above, those are all 'home made' gyaru hairstyles, you can easily recreate at home
>>
>>8979952
I gotta agree with >>8979967
Most gyaru dont have huge hair all of the time, even in BDia. They regularly wear their hair in simple curls, ponytials or straight.

Styled hair is what is important to a gal look and it doesn't have to be sujimori to be gal. It just has to have had some sort of effort put into it.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1460836689674.jpg (60 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1460836689674.jpg
60 KB, 600x800
>>8980070
That's exactly what I mean. It doesnpt need to be big, it just need to look so.ewhat style appropriate that's why I posted the photos from above, where most of them just have straight hair
>>
>>8963304
Barbie's influence scared a bunch of people away
>>
>>8978507
Harutamu, Sone, Sakurina
>>
You want to know this com died out? I'll tell you.

1. People who get remotely famous think that they know everything about the culture, but they really freaking don't. They just bullshittin and bullshittin, people believe it too. The ones who're remotely popular people think their word is law or they have entitlement, if they don't like something it's automatically not worthy. The entitled people give them such harsh criticism that new people quit and that's what that entitled person wants. These entitled people are making up shit so they get their vision of what gyaru supposed to be.
Not saying all poplar people are like this.

2. Another reason is people are Finding out what with these girls really do it's not all rainbows and frills.
>>
>>8980773
Idk I dont know if it has to do with those things, I think it has something to do with a lot of girls having really thin skin nowadays. Take xin for example. She throws a fit everytime shes posted here, even if its complimentary and didnt she throw a tantrum because someone said she looked greasy?

Why be in an online comm like this if you are going to let such little things hurt you so badly. Someone like her would never survive in the online lolita comm and they have always been considered tamer than the gal comm.

I think there are so many people with thin skin like her that everyone is afraid to give even the slightest criticism because they dont want to be seen as "bullying" (I have seen this first hand on multiple occasions) so it leads to dead groups and threads which leads to a dead comm
>>
>>8980790
>lolita calmer than gal
Can anyone verify this one way or the other? I've heard it the other way around a lot, under the attitude of gals will talk shit to your face, but lolitas will talk shit behind your back and never let anything go.
>>
>>8980830

I use to be Gal and this is not true AT ALL. Gals go farther with their drama. Posting people's nudes, FAKING people's nudes, children, real life information,physically fighting in person, etc. I'll take anons on BTB before I deal with gaijin gals ever again.
>>
>>8947519
>>8947519
>i don't own any brand, and very few pieces that can be incorporated into a gyaru coord. I still dont really know what I like. I don't want to wear fast fashion stuff that everyone and their mother has and the sizes tend to run too small for me.

>Shizuka Muto, Ayutama and Miyashita Tsubasa

I wish I could be part of the gal comm but from what I can tell it's a giantcircle jerk between a few well known gals and none gaf if you aren't one of them or made up to the nines. I like gyaru but am just not commited enough and am so sick of all the underhanded shit and drama. :(((( I just want to meet other people who like the style.
>>
>>8980877
I've never seen any nudes on btb or shit being posted on lolcow, nooo never *obvious sarcasm*

Gyaru might appear a little harsher, but only because we're such a few, if we were more, we'd appear the same as the loli comm
>>
>>8980905
Sounds like someone who's too stupid to apply makeup and too weak to get concrit
>>
File: ibe8AJjjX9dw2a.jpg (1 MB, 4928x3280) Image search: [Google]
ibe8AJjjX9dw2a.jpg
1 MB, 4928x3280
>>8981030
this comment illustrates why i'm growing disinterested in gyaru

Bitchiness errywhere

And it's not just me, most people are turned off by that kind of attitude. I'm too old for this bullshit.
>>
>>8981058
So, if you was good at applying make and setting a decent coord you'd just go ahead and post it in sng, because there, people no matter how bad they are get pampered by everyone.
You're the ones who make the comm die. You think you wouldn't comcrit as a loli? Or in amy kimd of other jfashion scene, or your daily life? Concrit is everywhere and if you've never experienced it and know how to deal with it, tell your parents that they've done the worst job ever
>>
>>8980877
Wow, I know it was much more severe, but never knew it would be that bad. I just remember after seeing gyaru drama, lolita seemed so much more mild.
>>
>>8981064
what.

I'm not against cc at all but saying someone's " too stupid to apply makeup" isn't helpful at all, just immature. I don't want to participate in a comm that condones people who talk like that to others.

Stop being a jerkass and grow the fuck up.
>>
Can't wait for tomorrow! At which time will you post the secrets, wordpress admin? I'm so curious!
*hope you're reading this*
>>
I am I the only one annoyed by the weirdo guy who joined the fb group? He spams so much eugh
>>
>>8981304
Which group?
>>
>>8981304
The one with the beard in SnG? I bet she only craves for some free pussy lol
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>>8981304
>>8981343
Omg this. Its so sad. Why are the mods not telling him to keep posting relevant to gyaru??
>>
>>8981362
Because he wants to become a gyaruo and uwuu we all nice and kind
>>
>>8981304
>>8981343
>>8981362
I feel like he's going to become a huge pain in the arse. He's a friend of a friend so I'm tolerating him until he does something weird, but I do wonder how he ended up here.
>>
>>8981454
He's creepy. God how old is he even?? End 30's?
>>
>>8981229
I will post around 7pm UK time, and I will try to keep that timing consistent with future posts as well.

Hopefully I get more submissions between now and then.
>>
>>8981727
Thanks! How many did you receive so far? Posting twice a week will get heavy I guess
>>
>>8981728
I have 4 so far, but considering that I didn't think it would catch on, that's pretty good.

The best thing about WordPress is I can do it from my phone so you all don't have to worry about me being sick or on vacation or anything keeping me from posting
>>
>>8981373
ojiisan gyaruo is gonna be the next big thing kek
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.