[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finland thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 24
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 508x398) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 508x398
Drama and memes.

Desucon ticket sales start in 6 hours, are you ready? Will they be sold out in 15 minutes or will the alaikäban actually help?
>>
Don't forget it's under three weeks to Cosvision. Are your costumes finished?
>>
>>8945479
>Implying someone's going to Cosvision
>>
>>8946094
I know loads of people going to Cosvision...?
>>
I saw a bunch of lolitas near Iso Roba yesterday, they were super cute
>>
>>8947149
>All my 5 friends!
>>
>>8947160
There is a meetup every month in Helsinki, so it was probably that as they usually go to The Ounce.

Hellocon is getting closer slowly! I hope they announce the models soon. I'm also starting to build my second coordinate for the main event, I have pretty much everything for teaparties. I would like to hear others' coordinate ideas!
>>
>>8945479
Are they still missing like one third of their programs? It seems so....
>>
>>8945479
What do you guys expect from the cosplay contest with invited contestants? Who are your favourites?
>>
>>8945445
Seems like k-18 thing worked. They still have little under 1000 tickets I think. I can't believe last year they sold out in 6 minutes.
>>
>>8948945
It's just the same people we see in every contest. Not expecting much, it's not like they're making a performance for an actual competition.
>>
>>8949221
This, so much this. I wish they had an actual competition there, preliminary for something, like ECG, that would make it so much more interesting.
>>
So Volpin cancelled his trip to Cosvision due to "personal reasons". Any thoughts regarding this?

>>8951640
I have to be honest by saying that Cosvision is the convention nobody asked for. Cosplay in itself isn't that strong of a subject to hold a whole convention over and their promotion work isn't anything impressive. They attract only those who want to do nothing but cosplay at a convention and even they have better options to pick, Desucon is only a month and a half after Cosvision. The invited guest "all-star" competition is kind of a dumb idea since it doesn't have an actual reward to reach for, it's just a normal convention. So I'd figure people won't be interested just in seeing some scene names on the stage they barely even know, they want to know who will represent Finland at the finals of some international cosplay competition.
>>
>>8948768
And now Volpin Props cancelled, there goes pretty much the only reason I was going there....
>>
>>8953337
Same here, Volpin was the only thing I was interested in and now instead of him they're getting some dime a dozen worbla armormarker. Not cool.
>>
Finland threads go strangely quiet whenever Cosvision is being discussed. I wonder who were the regular posters in these threads...
>>
I heard some famous Swedish cosplay group is attending Cosvision this year. Honestly I'm pretty disappointed that theyd choose that con and not Desucon instead. Not because I wanna see them at Desu more because Cosvision is absolute shit and it's a shame that their first con experience in Finland will be that con
>>
>>8956171
They were probably invited there or heard about it from the Finnish promoters. They'll be so disappointed. Only a few hundred attendees , it's in the middle of nowhere, nothing special to offer since Volpin cancelled. Their ticket sales are so bad, how can they pay for their convention?
>>
>>8953333
I guess they forgot they have a page because they haven't updated the cancellation there.

>>8956171
I think you're talking about Vändetta Cosplay? They're not coming to Finland, they're only judging the CMV competition.
>>
>>8956159

I noticed a lack of proper shitstorm after Yukicon even though that trainwreck of a convention would have justified it. It actually made me think some of the regular posters here are/were either organizers of Yukicon or friends with them.

Or maybe instead of posting here the bitter betties have moved on to rant to their friends. Go figure.
>>
>>8947195
Separate Hellocon thread
>>8952422
>>
isn't >>8959556 someone from Yukicon?
>>
>>8960283
I wouldn't call Yukicon a trainwreck. The quality of the con was nothing to write home about, but I could come up with a number of ways they could have done worse.
>>
>>8963145
The con wasn't a trainwreck, but the cosplay competition was questionable to say the least. A lot of the participants cancelled because they didn't get a confirmation mail for being accepted in the competition so there were only 2 people who made it to the stage. How is it even possible to fuck up things like that?
>>
Does anyone have screenshots of #hitlergate? I sadly missed it.
>>
>>8963510
It was pretty much the same as the first one months ago.
Full of cringe.
>>
File: hitlergate1.jpg (641 KB, 1278x1136) Image search: [Google]
hitlergate1.jpg
641 KB, 1278x1136
>>8963510
I have a few, gonna post. I don't have everything, just a couple top kek comments
>>
File: hitlergate2.jpg (272 KB, 960x376) Image search: [Google]
hitlergate2.jpg
272 KB, 960x376
>>8964204
>>
File: hitlergate3.jpg (262 KB, 491x929) Image search: [Google]
hitlergate3.jpg
262 KB, 491x929
>>8964207
>>
File: hitlergate4.jpg (273 KB, 641x1136) Image search: [Google]
hitlergate4.jpg
273 KB, 641x1136
>>8964208
Aaand that's all folks.
>>
>>8963510
Here's the gist of it:
>some kid made an edgy hitler cosplay
>posts photos of it to SCP to piss off people
>people get pissed and comment on how offensive this is
>the kid tells them to fuck off and stop being so mean to her
>Whiteknights defend her right to cosplay anything she wants!!!1
>It goes on like this until the post is deleted
>>
>>8964220
Continuing since the anon missed the rest.

>Some other whiteknight posts another post asking why the original got deleted.
>It gets deleted too.
>Third one posting a blog post to ride with the shitstorm and get fame for get blog.
>>
File: mita.jpg (104 KB, 450x251) Image search: [Google]
mita.jpg
104 KB, 450x251
Yeah.
>>
File: 12111973_10205926453465369_.jpg (691 KB, 520x1200) Image search: [Google]
12111973_10205926453465369_.jpg
691 KB, 520x1200
>>
Someone made a thread for the Hitler cosplayer yesterday but it got deleted. They also tried to pretend to be a third anon but left the thread's name in the field.
>>
File: 1452999359388.png (299 KB, 445x450) Image search: [Google]
1452999359388.png
299 KB, 445x450
>>8964362
>>
>>8964368
they're here too >>8964217
>>
I am not a neon nazi! also I have few pics of her profiles around the internet, her old user name was hitlerprinsessa in instagram and you could still see her old message on the board staring "neon nazi"
>>
>>8965338
What the hell. I didn't know it would be possible for people like this to enter the cosplay scene.
>>
I haven't seen such a idiot in a long time
>>
>>
File: Jännä.png (9 KB, 440x74) Image search: [Google]
Jännä.png
9 KB, 440x74
related to the pic she send in the rajat kii movement in her "cosplay"
>>
>>8965999
I can accept the Hitler cosplay in convention if it makes any sense. But not outside the convention for fucks sake.
She's exactly an attention whore and bad kind of it.

Also it really irks me that she says she loves history but uses such a shitty trench coat and not accurate at all. Normally history lovers would buy or make the uniform as accurate as possible because c'mon those uniforms were well made and beautiful.
>>
>>8966005
Yeah to be honest the whole cosplay was an insult to the whole Nazi movement (not like it's a bad thing, but still). It was cheap and inaccurate and clearly made just for attention, not "love for history".

>>8965964
>>8965966
>>8965999
My sides.
>>
File: sanjanatsiseni2.png (20 KB, 526x204) Image search: [Google]
sanjanatsiseni2.png
20 KB, 526x204
>>
File: disgustedwoman.png (1 MB, 1171x790) Image search: [Google]
disgustedwoman.png
1 MB, 1171x790
>>8966025
>>
File: 1460628329551.jpg (45 KB, 410x391) Image search: [Google]
1460628329551.jpg
45 KB, 410x391
>>8966025
Ow the edge.
>>
The bitch got what she deserved srsly. Idgaf if someone made a thread about her.
>>
Does anyone know how old this S**** is? She doesn't seem -that- young and definitely old enough to know better.
>>
At some point people started to defend her by saying " It's a parody" but you can't make a parody about a thing that you agree on. It should have been obvious that she clearly does not defend the nazi party OR Hitler himself. She clearly had no idea about the character himself or the holocaust.

That "I just love history" was just a full of crap and a "fun way" she could mock anti racism and promote her own interests.

Also what was with these old dudes defending her by saying that "Hitler was a vegetarian and whatever"? How does that change the fact that he promoted a murder of millions of people?

Jesus was also compared to this "is it okay to cosplay religious character". But the thing is, that there is also an anime about Jesus and Buddha ("Saint Young Men"). Usually Jesus is also seen as a positive character, with no direct negative associations, even though cosplaying that character also has it's problems. But if you cosplay Jesus from SYM, that character has a certain outfit and it's much more clear that we are talking about an anime character here.
>>
>>8966083
In her profile it says that she has studied journalism in Tampere university. I dunno if that's a lie. She act's like she would be 13.
>>
>>8966100
<<8966083
No lol I lurked wrong profile
>>
>>8966025
You know her? Or were these comments from the kansanliike group?
>>
the kansaliike group
>>
What do you think about Animecon's "lavajuoksu" cosplay competitions?
>>
>>8966264
Thank god they're going with that instead of some cringy performance thing.
>>
It's that time of the year again, ECC registration opened today. Do we know anyone who'll be taking part in it? I'm really looking forward for the year old representatives take part again, but that's not likely since they are all in the Cosvision competition.
>>
>>8966495
Do you seriously think anybody chooses cosvision over ecs? Is that you rimppu?
>>
>>8967734
Cosvision has already announced the contestants so seems like they do. Besides, ECC is old news and most of the contestants in cosvision's competition have already been to the finals so I'm not that suprised.
>>
>>8969660
Well that's an extreme reaction.
>>
Suddenly all the trans posts are gone
>>
>>8969730
normal stuff. Borderline personal info, so they got deleted.
>>
>>8969841
But it's not a secret that Asagi, Valkoinensamurai and Rollingay are trans? Everyone knows that already.
>>
>>8964204

Oh god, I hope she get banned from all cons. It's just not a right place for this neo-nazi shit. Stupid cunt.
>>
>>8969859
The mods probably aren't familiar with the Finnish scene, so if someone outs a cosplayer as trans they have no way of knowing if it's actually private information or not, so to be on the safe side they delete it. Which I think is appropriate, outing someone as trans (not counting the tumblrinas who identify as trans (it doesn't even work that way what the shit)) is a really shitty thing to do unless the person themselves are doing it. Not everyone and their grandma follow these people on social media and frankly it's not anyones business in the first place whether or not someone is trans, not to mention it's got fuck all to do with cosplay so there shouldn't be a reason to discuss it in the first place. Talk about those things in private with your friends if you really need to but unless a person being trans has actually something to do with cosplay/lolita then please refrain from talking about it here so the whole thread won't get deleted when the mods are too lazy to nitpick posts to delete.

TL;DR: someone being trans has nothing to with cosplay or lolita in most cases anyway and mods don't like you outing people regardless if it's public info or not, so unless you want the threads to get nuked try to resist the urge to comment on it.
>>
>>8971017
I'm guessing that if people here know they're trans, they've publicly admitted it already. No need to throw a fit. Asagi has been in the scene prior to his transitioning so the oldfags are well aware of it.
>>
>>8971117
I'll say it again if you missed the point: mods probably have no idea who these people are and thus cannot know whether or not the fact that they are trans is public information (just because some people in /cgl/ know about it does not necessarily mean the the person in question is the one who spread said information), and even if it is, some mods may still find it too off-topic to keep in the thread.

I personally could care less about what everyone talks about here, but if you don't want the threads or posts to get deleted try to stay on topic. Since the posts were deleted, obviously the said subject is not on topic and/or breaks the rules and thus should probably not be talked about if you want to keep the thread.
>>
so of the people who are going to cosvision, what do you think of their shitty move to make people pa for the party?
>>
>>8971670
Didn't really think it was shitty, just odd, but I'm a richfag so.
>>
>>8971670
I doubt many people will come. Cosvision's tickets are quite pricy for what they are offering to begin with.
>>
>>8972955
They don't offer anything to your average cosplayer. If you look at the program map, most of the programming is titled "for beginners" or aren't very interesting to begin with. Why would I want to go to a convention and pay for it to see something you've already seen too many times in the form of a facebook post? The only program I would be interested in seeing is the one that talks about the behind the scenes subjects of the Pokemon musical and I'm a bit sad they're not doing it at some other convention. The guests of honor aren't on par with something you'd see at regular conventions. Why would I want an autograph from a cosplayer I've never even heard of? I understand that the venue isn't cheap and they need to make ends meet but to pay 25 euros for the ticket isn't a reasonable deal for a convention as fruitless as this. They should consider arranging a one-day seminar instead and cut the ticket prices.
>>
Someone let us know how Cosvision is going!
>>
Greetings from Rimppu
>>
It seems that the cosplay competition only had 4 contestants out of 10, what the hell happened to them all?
>>
>>8975874
I was going to post about this too. Where did they all go? It doesn't feel like an "all-stars" competition with just 4 people...
>>
What is happening in Cosvision? All I have heard (so far) has been what the fuck?
>>
>>8975931
Organizers who just don't care and only look after their own circle of friends?
>>
Anything new or is everybody still in the con?
>>
I had hopes but I'm sad to say that it was boring. Just boring. Nothing to do, all the programs were very beginner level. The contests were flops.
Two years ago I felt there was a lot of good things to build on, but I think they've taken a step back instead of forward.
>>
>>8975874
>>8975886
I heard that shit load of people were down with influenza, costumes broken and so forth but I'm not sure.
>>
>>8975987
What do you mean don't care for anyone else? Deeds?
>>
>>8978315
6 people out of 10 cancelling is a pretty bad turnout, especially for an "all-stars" competition. I doubt that they all had problems with their cosplays and health. I wouldn't be surprised if there were issues with the arrangements.
>>
>>8978317
You honestly have to be blind to not see how self-centered they are.
>>
Cosvision, stop retweeting every tweet where you're mentioned. You're flooding the feed, if someone is really interested they can check the cosvision tag instead. It just looks like you have bad self-esteem.
>>
>>8978783
THIS. Please just STOP.
>>
>>8975987

While Cosvision has potential, their problem is essentially that. They're making a convention to cater to their friend circle of about 50 people max but try to market it to be a convention of over 1000 people. It doesn't work with that mindset. It's too much of a circlejerk.
>>
>>8978820
I got this a lot from their marketing. It was basically just the organizers and their friends and talking about themselves instead of presenting the convention as something for the whole cosplay community. Even their cosplay competition only had their friends they had handpicked themselves. A lot of people don't feel like Cosvision aren't interested in giving them a good convention as much as they are in just rewarding the organizers. Compare them to the other conventions who barely name their organizers and only namedrop the guests of honor.
>>
>>8978831
> A lot of people don't feel like
A lot of people feel like, I meant to write. sry
>>
>>8978783
Who runs the twitter?
>>
>>8978592
Then i am but I asked for deeds, this was my first Cosvision afterall.
>>
>>8979705
these posts
>>8978783
>>8978820
>>8978831
give a pretty good explanation about it
>>
Can anyone share any photos from Cosvision? Would love to see the overall quality and feel of the costumes. I mean mainly pics that are not in aniki etc. super easy to find.
>>
>>8984120

You can just try looking for them in FB.

FB .com/search/photos/?q=cosvision%202016
>>
So now the Ylilauta thread is much more popular than the traditional cgl thread. Mostly because it's completely off-topic, though.
>>
>>8986986
Have ylis gone too far?
>>
File: 1454224863772.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1454224863772.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>8986986
>>8988639
I started to cosplay because of the ylilauta Desucon threads
>>
>>8988987
To get con pussy?
>>
>>8989742
N-no.
>>
>>8989742
Con pussy is just legend. I've never seen anyone get some
>>
>>8994564
>I've never seen anyone get some
You want to watch?
>>
How do I get qt Finnish bf/gf?
>>
>>8994830
https://tsundr.fi/
>>
>>8994830
You don't want one desu
>>
File: 1461791688217.jpg (90 KB, 847x944) Image search: [Google]
1461791688217.jpg
90 KB, 847x944
Finnish people seem lonely. Since I moved here I notice a lot of people here are desperate to get gf/bf.

Probably because the country seems quite empty desu. Or could be just the fact weebs are always lonely overall.
>>
Now that there's Hellocon and all, where's the Finnish lolita comm currently? I asked this in local comm thread as well, but it's worth trying here as well. There are two equally sized facebook groups, seemingly some drama concerning the other, Enfant Terrible's death message links to both groups. I just want sane people and not much drama, and before I begin performing the joining rituals, I'd like some information.
>>
>>8995887
Lolita Finland facebook-group for whole finland.
Then there is "helsingin lolitamiitti ryhmä" group for meetups in helsinki.
Lolitamiitti ryhmäs meetups are rather nice and welcoming (i have no experience of other groups).

Hope this helps?
>>
>>8995831
Not true, but in any case would you be my gf? I'm not desperate. Please respond.
>>
What happened to animeunioni? The website has been down for few days
>>
>>8995899
There is also meet up group for Tampere and Hämeenlinna atleast. Random meets are usually posted in LF or LS. If you are interested in knowing people better join LF whats up group. If you need more info of your local lolitas, just ask and we might be able to help.
>>
It seems Finland became 3rd at Cosplay World Masters

>>8999343
>>
Any good group cosplays in Finland recently?

All I ever seem to find are individuals cosplaying by themselves or as a pair. So would like to see groups more often. Are there any people who make decent groups?
>>
>>8995887
What drama? There hasn't been any drama for ages.People are still spreading this "there's drama" thing for some reason. Beats me.
>>
>>8999918
Organizing +3 groups are a lot of work if you want all the cosplays be great. Surely you can just ask random people in fb groups but 99% it's really awful quality and half of the members will quit before the con.

I'd totally like to see more great groups but I know the hassle and it's not worth it. Especially if the group have matching outfits.
>>
What do you think of the cosplayn sm being held in the digixpo game xpo?
>>
File: 1448735573386.png (171 KB, 374x347) Image search: [Google]
1448735573386.png
171 KB, 374x347
Eesti here, will be in Helsinki on Friday. I'm going to Kiasma, but I have some free time afterwards. Was thinking of checking out Forum, but are there any /cgl/ or mori-ish or /a/-related shops somewhere close-by?
>>
>>9001495
Cybershop in Forum and Kilala that's a 10 minute walk away from Kiasma down Mannerheimintie, but not much else. Kilala is very small and is focused in pullips anyway.
>>
File: LucaLogo2.png (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
LucaLogo2.png
8 KB, 259x194
>>9001495
There's also Luca which sells Japanese goods (accessories, candies, bags, etc).
luca(dot)fi
>>
>>9001495
There's a mori-esque shop next to Citycenter on Ateneuminkuja (if I read google maps correctly since I don't know the name of the shop), it looks pretty expensive, but it's worth checking out! Never been in there myself tho, but the place looks promising
>>
File: h.png (3 MB, 1478x932) Image search: [Google]
h.png
3 MB, 1478x932
>>9001548
>>9001570
Thank you, broskis.

>>9001579
Thanks, you mean somewhere here? I guess I'll try to find it, although I'll probably have to walk around the isle like an autist for a while.
>>
>>9001495
whooo is this? you're none of our local gulls who I know, drop an email if you wanna
>>
>>9001703
Moshi-moshi, Viro desu. Cute email address by the way.
>>
>>9001495
There is also tokyokan behind kamppi.
>>
>>9001874
I might just be an autist not understanding you, but I meant that I'm also an eestiball, and none of the gulls I know from here are going to Helsinki which is why I was curious
sage for ot
>>
>>9002795
O-oh, I'm the autist who misunderstood then. Yeah, I've never even worn /cgl/ stuff other than a cosplay in 2011. I don't know any gulls from here at all.

[email protected]
>>
Are there still tickets available for Desucon? Can't seem to find info anywhere. Never been to a con before, and it'll be scary going alone, but I want to try it.
>>
>>9007194
There are, yes. Good luck finding a place to sleep though. There are probably hundreds of leftover tickets because of hotels being filled with people going to unrelated normalfag events.
>>
>>9007357
I still don't understand why they cut the school sleeping places. Sure, adults can buy hotel rooms but now it's just a fucking impossible to find a place to sleep.

Not that I care. My friend moved to Lahti last month and I can easily go sleep at his floor
>>
>>9007854
They just miscalculated the need for floor sleeping.
I guess it came up as a surprise that there is that congress party in the same town.
Shit luck that's all.
>>
>>9007861
Persu ruins everything again
>>
>>9007861
I should add that it's also hard to make schools cooperate with you as they always have something in the weekends and require slow bureaucratic work to allow people to use their building. It doesn't always work out.
>>
Sooo Tracon announced they're going to choose the skit competition participants by a random drawing.

How do you guys feel about that?
>>
>>9001495
Welp, I'm back. I really liked Cybershop. I thought by a "mori-esque shop next to Citycenter" anon meant Ginatricot, and I actually got a sweater from there, but afterwards I got lost and had to walk around, so I accidentally found this shop Jnen the Masai. I had to go in since it looked so cool, but shit was so expensive I didn't dare buy anything. I wonder if maybe that was the shop anon actually meant.

Luca was cringy as fuck. Felt so embarrassed to be there, but at least I got pocky.
>>
>>9008527
It's been there for months. Now suddenly some late birdie noticed it and started to whine.

It's different that's for sure.
I personally hate raffles because I have a shit luck. Yes it kinda ruins for the participants who REALLY wants to entry because if they don't get in, the contests misses out one really motivated contestant.
But applying to the contests first doesn't mean anything. People die all the time. People get sick and pregnant. You never know who's gonna cancel and for what reason.
>>
File: 4657.png (121 KB, 633x739) Image search: [Google]
4657.png
121 KB, 633x739
what the hell
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.