[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This Atlanta con was supposed to start two days from now but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: blazeit.png (37 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
blazeit.png
37 KB, 160x160
This Atlanta con was supposed to start two days from now but it's been postponed at the very, very last minute.

Were any of you gonna go to this?
>>
I read the story they gave on their FB and it seems a little sketchy.

Moving their dates awfully close to Momo is also not a wise decision. There's a lot of Atlanta/GA conventions and there's hardly room for this one too.
>>
File: sweat.jpg (81 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
81 KB, 1280x720
what >>8892854 said. they shouldnt have put it so close to an even bigger con. aniblaze will likely crash and burn because most people will being saving theyre money/cosplays for momo at that time. what a shame, i actually was going to go. oh well i guess. i hope it still somehow works out.
>>
Regardless of whether or not the hotel screwed them, they're done. There was drama earlier this year with them, and this is probably the last straw. Atlanta can't sustain a half dozen anime cons and they should have known this going in.
>>
>>8892866
Why when from what i saw it's not even that strong of an 'anime' convention. Momo is turning into a "whatever cheap 'special' guests we can find from anything" type con
>>
>>8894210
its still a much bigger con. more people will go to momo so they can see their friends or buy stuff, or whatever. I barely ever go to panels at cons anymore and I still have a good time at the big cons (small ones get boring fast because you see the same 20 people over and over)

>>8893480
They seemed to be a shifty drama fest the entire time. They always use anime or licensed artwork too. It really bothers me. Their banner at cons had Horo on it and their group had Sonico.
They were also a month after Seishuncon, claiming they were gonna get more numbers than seishun. I'm not sure how they figured that since they're a first year con, but now they're pretty much killed themselves.
Both dealers and attendees are probably demanding refunds and I highly doubt anyone will be willing to work with them again.
>>
>>8894210
>Why
why im going to momocon? its a big con with alot of people in my area. i can make friends there, wear my fancy cosplays knowing plenty of people will see it, and buy stuff in the artist alley. sure the guest arent anything special but cons arent all about guest. theres plenty of other stuff you can do that isnt panels/guest. i guess if you dont have any friends or arent open to making any it might not be as fun though.
>>
RIP Aniblaze
>>
>>8898512
Yeah, not a good sign that they're a first year con and they already had to push it back. Probably gonna end up canceling the whole thing altogether. IMO it would be a wiser choice so they could save money for the next year.
>>
>>8898512
They're doomed.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.