[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Katsucon thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: tumblr_mzqe2eBjCL1rzuojho2_1280.jpg (164 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzqe2eBjCL1rzuojho2_1280.jpg
164 KB, 800x600
Last one in auto-sage and sinking faster than the bags under Jessica Nigri's eyes.

Discuss:
Most hated cosplay photographers
Coffee maker macaroni and ironing grilled cheese
How many fur coats required to keep warm outside the hotel

Previously >>8799519
>>
Should I bother with pre-reg or am I better off just buying there?
>>
>>8825367
wondering the same question. I got flight and room already paid for but I'm debating on badge pre reg or not.
>>
>>8825367
Pre reg line takes less than half as long as reg line.

Reg line can take like 4 hours.

Pre-Reg for the love of all sanity.
>>
Room anon here. Have a room at the gaylord with 2 slots open if anyone still needs it.

Also anyone here going to the smash shoot?
>>
>>8825367
If you buy at the con don't get one on friday. stick it out until saturday. it will save you a good $25 if you do that.
>>
>>8825443
Just putting out a feeler, how much.
>>
>>8825475
At door is $75 on friday, if you wait one more day it goes down to $55 then $35

it's all the same badge. they don't have special day badges
>>
>>8825443
Oh no, I meant for the room.
>>
>>8825606
if that's the same anon as last thread they quoted approx $180 for thurs-sat
>>
Katsucon is coming. prepare for the Long Thai whoring of post to multiple groups.
>>
first time katsucongoer and my hotel is not the gaylord, wat do with coat when I get to the convention center (like is there a coat check or do I have to just hold it)
>>
>>8825617
Its my first time too, but someone mentioned a the Gaylord having a coat check in the previous thread.
>>
>>8824841
Reposting here. Anyone from SE Michigan have space in their car? My ride apparently bailed on me.
>>
Staff here, I'll be drinking for the next hour and can answer any questions you have during that time. I have been security for the past 5 years and have seen a lot of stuff happen in that time.
>>
>>8825620
So there is a coat check/baggage check available from the hotel but it has an associate cost. There is also a coat check for the dances in the evening.
>>
>>8825716
i'm staying at a hotel that isn't the gaylord, on sunday will I be allowed to chuck my bags at the baggage check there or is it for ~patrons of the gaylord only?
>>
>>8825717
>i'm staying at a hotel that isn't the gaylord, on sunday will I be allowed to chuck my bags at the baggage check there or is it for ~patrons of the gaylord only?

You can pay a small amount to keep your stuff there. I've never noticed them check, so long as you give them a name and some money it's fine.
>>
So I'll be there from Thursday till close Sunday evening, does anyone have anything planned or and meet ups?
>>
>>8825606
>>8825609

Room anon here, yeah can confirm about $180 for 3 nights at the gaylord. Other details will be confirmed over email if anyone is interested. Can say at the very least that it's gonna be a quiet room.
>>
So how hard is it to get parking at the National Harbor?
>>
>>8825937
I've never had a problem.
>>
>>8825722
Last year, didn't the check fill up pretty quickly? Not the same guy, but I remember carrying around my computer bag because there wasn't space. Check your stuff early in the morning, at least.
>>
>>8825937
No problem, really. There's like 4 parking garages you can stick your car in for the con and it's only like 13 a day or something
>>
>>8825580
Wait seriously? I've only been to katsu two times and don't really pay attention to things so I have never heard of it. Do they do this every single year?
>>
>>8826451
It's not brand new, but they had it last year and maybe the year before.
>>
>>8825423
Not if they run it like they have the last two years. They've been feeding both reg and pre-reg into the same line in the halls, and then only split it out into two different ones once you get closer inside of the hall. So basically you have to wait for HOURS in the outside line until you reach the inside hall, and only then can you immediately run up to the pre-reg table with nobody in line. It's stupid as shit. I've had multiple plans ruined because my pre-regged group members have been stuck in line for hours... definitely not registering at all this year.
>>
>>8826451
They had it last year. I think this is how it's going to be going forward so they can save on printing costs
>>
>>8826460
I'm just going to ghosts until there is no line but i guess that works too.
>>
File: image.jpg (549 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
549 KB, 900x596
How many of you plan on checking out the Ferris wheel?

I was on it last year. The little pods are sealed and heated.
>>
>>8825613
Prepare? He's already doing it!
>>
I enjoy the Katsucon Photography group and seeing all these photos spamming the shit out of their subpar skills. Its funny seeing the same people popping up over and over again. Its also funny seeing the ass kissing cosplayers saying how cool photos are and shit until suddenly a price is mentioned then silence
>>
Kys you are cancer
>>
>>8826541

I fully intend on going. How far is it from the gaylord and how much? I wanna try to take some photos there too if possible.
>>
>>8826541
I want to ride the Carousel, but it's closed until March. I might still break onto it.
>>
>>8826597
It was either $12 or $20 per person. I can't remember. Not cheap either way.

>>8826626
I'm p. sure I was on it in January last year since I went on my Dad's birthday. Google says it's open right now.
>>
One of my friends mentioned to me that the Gaylord apparently limits how much alcohol you have in your room based on number of people? My room has 6, what will they allow? How do they enforce this?
>>
>>8826654
As long as you're not being an idiot like 1449 and posting about it online, I doubt any staff will find out if you have extra alcohol in your room.

Just be smart and keep a lock on your suitcase for when housekeeping comes in. I know people who bring pot brownies every year and have never been caught.
>>
>>8826654
We got stopped trying to bring a case of beer in because it was visible. As long as you're lowkey about hiding your alcohol and don't let housekeeping come in while you're there, you're fine.
>>
>>8826663
>pot brownies

I mean granted I guess housekeeping could get sticky fingers and try to eat one but how would they even know if they were pot brownies anyway? And then shouldn't housekeeping get in a little trouble to for trying to eat guests food?
>>
>>8826739
Pot brownies generally smell like weed. You'd know.
>>
>>8826739
If you leave them sitting out in plain view, there's always a chance that a housekeeper might be tempted to eat one. And if they seem visibly high by other employees, welp, that can't be good.

Just keep your shit locked up and out of sight and no one gets hurt.
>>
So how's AniMore? It starts today right? Any word yet on how much of a disaster it is?
>>
People ranting about AssB dismissing people cuz she's supposedly all booked, but left slots for her cosfamous friends to shoot for free.
>>
>>8827229
Sure a lot of the cosplay photographers are doing that shit for cosfamous people
>>
>>8826541
Me and a friend of mine planned on going since she decided she wanted to come to Katsu this year. She's so excited and can't stop talking about it.
>>
>>8826739
>Leaving pot brownies out while you're out of the room

what
>>
>>8827266
Who wouldn't though? I mean wouldn't you rather shoot with someone like Martin Wong than some unknown photog no one knows or cares about?
>>
Are we have a /cgl/ meetup any days? If so, when and where? I'm kind of scared of meeting you guys >_<
>>
>>8827436
This is the problem with /cgl/, and women in general.

Why are you taking a picture? To get a beautiful picture, right? Apparently not. Using /cgl/ logic, you shoot for the "name" of the photographer, instead of seeing whether or not they're actually good.

The main thing you should be concerned about is whether the photographer can shoot. Funk the overhyped mediocre assume "cosfamous" photographers.
>>
>>8827467
A mediocre photo by a cosfamous photographer will go much, much farther than an excellent photo from an unknown photographer with zero social media presence. Advertising, marketing and networking are as important as the photos themselves. Same goes with cosplayers. A cellphone pic of Enji Night will get you more likes than well composed DSLR shot of an ugly cosplayer. It's just how the game works.

>b-but I only cosplay for fun and not for cosfame and recognition!

Sure..
>>
>>8827486
Depends on what you want your experience to be like. I shoot fairly well and shoot only the friends I know that do great things, and they're not cosfamous. I have a fucking great time at the con. Chasing after cosfamous is boring as fuck; unless you actually live locally near one.
>>
>>8827486
I was going to argue, but I admit you're right.

Still, stop supporting bad photos. >_>
>>
>>8827486
Its kinda funny how a some photogs from The Washington Post, Smithsonian and Nat Geo go there and take pics of cosplayers but don't really post them.
>>
First time going to Katsucon coming from another country. I had completely forgotten the cold weather. Good thing I decided to come to CGL before I just stormed to the US without proper attire.
>>
should i even bother if im completely "out of the loop"?

first con, no cosplay or w/e, no friends, and i don't watch anime.

i want to go to the maid cafe though. and maybe participate in the fighting tourney but i don't play fighting games much.
>>
>>8827431
>it's not like there's never any housekeeping maids who literally open people's luggage to steal shit or anything like that
>>
>>8827467
>>8827486
>>8827498
>>8827521
>>8827543
I mean a photographer is cosfamous for a reason, they can't really show their tits to become famous. And shooting with famous cosplayer will only go so far. There are so many photographers that have shot with cosfamous cosplayers, but most of them do not have a big following at ALL.
>>
>>8825710
Know any good panels?

Who should I avoid?

Ect...?
>>
>>8827436
No I meant photographers saying they are booked, but are actually saving spaces hoping to shoot with someone cosfamous
>>
>>8827961
let's say "booked for paid shoots" so they don't get overwhelmed by stuff they absolutely have to turn around. the extra unoccupied time is for friends/cosfamous etc and doesn't necessary need to be filled. optional for the photographer.
>>
>>8827229
I assume she's leaving room to shoot black cosplayers for the #28DaysofBlackCosplay project.
>>
>>8828034

I could understand saving space for cosfamous but that's just fucking stupid. There's far fewer good black cosplayers so she's going to end up with with shitty pictures or empty slots.
>>
Since its snowing like crazy now, would the con still go on if a blizzard like this hits during con weekend?
>>
>>8828276
clearly you don't remember two years ago when it did lmao
>>
>>8825411
Yep. River is frozen/snowed over, and no one's going to want to leave the Gaylord to hang out on a little boat when it feels like Antarctica outside.
>>
>>8827961
>>8827229

Fuck, stop WHINING.

"Waaaaahhh, AssB says she's booked, but she still shoots with people more famous / prettier / cooler than me!"

Bitch please.

I'm not AssB, but I'm booked up (almost to the point where I'll have to physically teleport to get from one booking to another), but I'll tell one of my free shoots (or even one of my paid ones) to GTFO in order to shoot with Jessica Nigri.

That's just how it is. Don't like it? Show more tits, get less fat, and build a better following.
>>
>>8828310
This has to be either AssB or one of her black whiteknights.

I don't blame you for wanting to shoot with Jessica Nigri or other known cosplayers for free, I would too if I were trying to boost my portfolio, but telling someone who booked with you (and potentially paid ahead of time) to screw off is a dick move. Plus a loss of money on your part, so twice as stupid.
>>
File: Katsucon 2016 Lineup.png (32 KB, 1845x853) Image search: [Google]
Katsucon 2016 Lineup.png
32 KB, 1845x853
Line-ups when?
>>
>>8828432
I'll make one when I get home. I don't see why you'd include Thursday, though.
>>
>>8828437
Some people cosplay on Thursday. I don't, but in case people do.
>>
>>8828337
>but telling someone who booked with you (and potentially paid ahead of time) to screw off is a dick move
I'd just tell them I have to reschedule because something important came up at the last minute. They would never know anyway.
>>
File: 1453576641265.png (57 KB, 1845x853) Image search: [Google]
1453576641265.png
57 KB, 1845x853
>>8828432
ayyy
>>
>>8828101
maki please
>>
AssB hasn't come out about #28DaysofBlackCosplay because she doesn't wanna shoot shitty black cosplayers for the sake of the project because it'll ruin her portfolio. Maki only got a pass because she's head of the BLF.
>>
/fit/ here. I've never been to a con before. I plan on going with a few friends and getting shitfaced drunk. What are some fun thinks to do at conventions while being totally wasted?
>>
AY YO idk about the rest of you but i just (FINALLY) got an email from katsu staff that my panel got accepted!!!! so if anyone else is waiting on one might wanna go check
>>
Is Katsucon the one where everyone gets tanked and parties, rather than focusing on the costumes or anime?
>>
>>8829117
More or less, but the venue is great for shooting cosplays as well though so they do get some emphasis.
>>
>>8829096
Does this mean the schedule'll finally be coming out soon?
>>
>There won't be another Samurai Flamenco panel this year
>There'll be at least 5 OPM ones
Where did anime go wrong
>>
>>8829125
hopefully!!
>>
>>8829126
please, the anime aspect of katsucon has been draining away for years now. ive been going for about a decade, and western tv costumes are taking over in massive waves
>>
>>8828310
Well you're a scumbag. I hope you drop your camera in water.
>>
>>8829117

Isn't that every con nowadays?
>>
I'll be around the con until Monday. What's there for interesting things to do around the area? Or will it be too cold to go out?
>>
>>8828623
She just posted a photo of the shtty frozen again. So there you go.
>>
when does katsucon normally post their schedule?
>>
>>8829322
>frozen
frozone you dumbass. she post that every year.
>>
>>8829187
I won't. I wear a neckstrap.
>>
>>8829337
Well my firend just got our panel acceptance notices. So i guess at least 2 weeks.
>>
>>8829909
Then your ass can go over a banister and you can hang by it.
>>
>>8827467
Followings and distribution is a thing
>>
>>8829947
Woo. I tell one fattie to gtfo, and I should hang.

Stay classy, /cgl/.
>>
Panel confirmations are going out.

Does anyone know the aprox seating for the various panel rooms?
>>
>>8828310

As a hobbyist I wouldn't bother trying to shoot Nigri but as a professional I can see why Nigri would be more valuable than a nobody.
>>
>>8827690

Why the fuck are you even going?
>>
>>8830033
>Panel confirmations are going out.
Schedule when?
>>
>>8827690
Katsucon maid cafe is awful. Avoid
>>
So where do I put my bag if I'm going to the gaming room? First year where I won't have someone else to hold it
>>
File: 1439957400755.jpg (28 KB, 415x415) Image search: [Google]
1439957400755.jpg
28 KB, 415x415
What panels are you going to seagulls?
>>
>>8831511
Could I get some Maid Cafe stories? The good, the bad, the ugly
>>
>>8831696

I haven't seen a thing that really catches my eye. The guest list is really awful too.

Maybe we should have a meet-up and be super salty.
>>
>Shit going on with my dad
>I can still go but I know how happy it'll make my dad if I stay home and comfort him
>But god first con in years.

I'm probably going to have to stay home this year... I feel like this keeps happening each time I plan to go to a con in the last year or so.
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 196x147) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 196x147
Never let the person who is just 'tolerated' to get the con room. Im glad that the chapter of autistic ragechild who punches holes in walls is over.
Tfw new room with better cosplayers
>>
>>8825631
Still looking for a ride. I have a maybe right now but they're... well, a maybe.
>>
>>8831712
>>8831696
Where are you guys getting the panel list from?
>>
>>8827690
Go. Everyone should experience a big con to see if they like it.
>>
>>8832692
Katsucon is hardly big. It's mid size at most
>>
>>8832926
I tell all my Midwestern friends to lower their hype. Katsu is a lot smaller then people think it is
>>
>>8832692
Have you been to a big con?
>>
>>8826900

I think that there should be a separate thread for AniMore, but, so far, according to what I've seen on Facebook & Instagram, a lot of folks enjoyed their time there. As for those folks who spent their money for the badge for the con, some were actually positive about checking it out next year especially those who couldn't make it due to the blizzard. The only complaints I know of the con was from one of my cosplayer friends who got peeved due to losing out on the costume contest to a couple who cosplayed as Gormez & Morticia from 'The Addams Family' due to her thinking that they bought the costumes. The 2nd complaint was of 1 attendant who felt lost when trying to reach registration. I'm unsure if she had been helped out since Friday.
>>
If I were to bring homemade truffles for the meet up (it's pretty much Valentines Day) with booze and non-boozed would you guys be into it?
I don't want to put the effort in if everyone is afraid to take chocolate from a kind of stranger. (I understand, though.)
>>
>>8832972
To midwesterners, katsu is just as big as Acen, which is the "big" anime con around there.
>>
>>8831712

Where are the panels? And there's a few guests I'm really excited to meet, but I guess that's what's awesome about people having different opinions. I just don't understand why they haven't put the schedule out yet because some people plan out their cosplays according to the panels they want to do.
>>
Do these threads tend to get more active when the event's actually going on? I guess there'll be a jump when the schedule's finally released, but what are the threads like when things are actually happening? I'm a regular on /a/ and wasn't aware /cgl/ existed during last year's Katsucon.
>>
>>8833467
well, people are usually at the con enjoying it so no, in my opinion the activity dips a bit. usually con threads are semi active before the con and get more and more active the closer it gets to con time, then during the actual con it's somewhat active - people might be posting to try and find people to hang out, report back on certain events, etc. but I don't think I've ever noticed many con threads being very active in particular. activity spikes again just after with a lot of people postings pictures, complaining, connecting with other cosplayers, talking about what happened, etc.
>>
>>8833300
I would! I have never been to a seagull meet up before and always wanted to know. I'm a lurker on here and at meets so I have witnessed a few from a far too. Would love to drink and get to know people like others have planned before!
>>
>>8833477
Ah. I figured that most of that "after" stuff you mentioned would more or less be happening throughout, though it does make sense. Better to spend the time in the moment and share the memories later than miss out on gathering some while posting about others.
>>
>>8833381
Katsu does about 15k. Those are ohayo/colossal numbers. Which are mid sizers. Acen does 20k it's large con.
>>
>>8833300
If you're a cute girl, probably yeah. If you were a guy I'd be sketched out ngl
>>
>>8833467
Last year, some asshat got the Gaylord's IP banned from posting here
>>
What are our chances of actually getting the schedule before February?
>>
>Browsing the Katsucon photography FB group
>Tons of decent to good photogs charging $50 for 3 photos with little editing, $120 for 6 with "better" editing
>Fucking mountains of terrible photogs charging $40 to $75 for 3-6 photos
>Everyone using the same overpriced three package tiers, modeled off of the same graphic

Have Katsucon photographers always price gouged this badly at cons? Because this is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>8834997
Cosplay photographers in general just use this same template. The only new changes is the assholes charging by number of lights used. Seen 3-4 photographers already doing this
>>
>>8833802

That's a good thing.

Why the fuck would you go on 4chan while at a con (besides checking for board meets, which you can check on your phone)?
>>
>>8828281
I remember racing behind the goddamn plow on the highway blaring Painkiller.
>>
>>8835026
If you're like me and always have trouble staying asleep the whole night after drinking, browsing /cgl/ on your phone can save a lot of boredom/waking your roommates up until you fall back asleep.

No one likes spending money on extra data just to browse /cgl/.
>>
>>8835073
I'm not the only one that does this?
At every con, I will go to bed after 12, and wake up around 4-5, long before anyone else, usually hide in the bathroom and browse /tg/ or /cgl/, or pull out whatever novel I have lined up.
>>
>>8833381

Katsu is a small con compared to Acen. Katsu has 14k paid attendance and Acen has 31k
>>
>>8835081

I wake up really early too, but I usually use the time to get into cosplay and take my time with my makeup in the bathroom without having to fight anyone for space.
>>
>>8835065
my fondest memory of that year is shovelling my friend's car out of her driveway at four in the morning so we could get there at a reasonable time on friday
>>
>>8835081
It's usually 3am for me, then I fall back alseep around 4-5am.

For some reason alcohol does that to me.
>>
>>8833520
I can see why you would think that, but a lot of the "after" stuff takes some time to post. I remember one time I brought my laptop to a con but then I barely touched it the whole weekend - the only time I used it was to open it up to play music for my friends when we were hanging out in our hotel room.

First thing in the morning I wake up to go get ready for the con, then I go to the con, and when I'm at the con I'm mostly just socializing with my friends or other people and just doing general con stuff. In the evening we might break for a long dinner but even if I ~retire from the con at say, 6 PM, my friends and I will just be hanging out together until however late at night. I usually clock out and go to sleep at around 12-1 AM, others may stay up later for partying. Basically at a convention most people are constantly doing something - there's not very many times during the day where a lot of people would be able to sit down and post pictures and post write-ups of panels and events on cgl. It doesn't sound like it takes that long right now but when you're at a con I can tell you that the majority of people are literally just so busy they don't have time for that. If I want to consistently update my social media I know for me personally I have to put in the effort to remembering to do that because it's very easy for my attention to be completely sucked up by the con, and I'm not even someone that like....brings 20 cosplays and has booked 10 photoshoots and is hosting 3 panels and goes to 5 room parties every night.

cgl is also a generally slow board so there's that factor too. if anything the times I check cgl when I'm at cons are like, at night when I'm winding down in the hotel room and I'm just kinda on my phone doing the general social media check or I'm browsing casually before I sleep.
>>
>>8834997

This girl will, for the low low price of 45$, give you three high quality pictures. What a great deal.
>>
>>8835281
see, I want to avoid drama, but fuck. I'm the amateur hour guy. I've been doing this shit for a year, I have finally learned and used the power of RAW to do things like "recover photos from shitty lighting" and use manual flashes to do things like "boost light", and this bothers me/makes me want to jump into the paid field, fuck if it would be free drinking money.
>>
I've gone the past two years, but this year is the first I'm not going.

Instead I'll be going to Magfest for the first time, the week after.

I'ma read these threads tho
>>
>>8835398
No amount of editing can fix something that badly overexposed. I'd just trash that shit rather than trying to fix it. I certainly wouldn't use them to advertise my best work.
>>
Anyone need a ride from western Maryland? I'll be leaving from frederick but don't mind picking up. We'd split gas expenses.
>>
>>8835398
do not do this.

assist a photographer to learn how things are done.

don't be one of these shooters that get posted here. there are enough of them already.
>>
>>8835494
I won't, but it just well, my inner hustler is like "TAKE MONEY FROM THESE FOOLS" and my actual personal integrity is like "are you fucking shitting me, how do they make money"
>>
>>8835398

Usually if I get a free shoot from a photographer I offer to buy him/her a drink, split a meal, whatever, just as a thanks. If you're new and you're getting good, stay unpaid for a while - it makes you more desirable and gives you more flexibility to pick and choose what you want to shoot to build a good portfolio. It also lets you network with cosplayers, which will give you a good business base when you do get into pay.
>>
>>8835073

Spending... money on extra data...???
>>
Where is the best place to get some breakfast at the harbor?
>>
>>8835662
I guess you don't pay your own phone bill?
>>
>>8836138
i guess you don't use gaylord's free wifi?
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 236x236
>>8836144
If you even bothered reading the thread, you'd see that people were talking about using data to post on /cgl/ because someone got the entire Gaylord banned last Katsucon.
>>
>>8836151
my bad.
>>
Anyone still need a room? I've got a quiet one across the street and could use some company.
>>
>>8836138

I do. My phone bill comes with unlimited data. What kind of idiot pays for a plan that charges for data?
>>
>>8836290
What service provider do you have? Most don't offer unlimited data anymore.
>>
>>8836290
What kind of idiot things most providers offer unlimited data anymore? That is usually a relic of old, grandfathered plans.

I mean granted a little bit of browsing on CGL is a drop in the pond data-wise but you're being stupid about this.
>>
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 480x720
The List of Lolita Events is ready.

1/3
>>
>>8836338
>>8836297

Sprint.
>>
>>8836537
Sprint sucks ass in every other department so the unlimited data isn't even worth it.
>>
>>8836594
>implying anyone cares about your vendetta
>>
>>8836615
Don't reply, just report.
>>
>>8836547

Yeah, that's true.
>>
>>8836547
>>8836338

Sprint, T-mobile, and various sibling services that use their towers. Verizon and AT&T may have a lot of towers but for most of the con locations there's more than enough service to be able to navigate your way.

>>8836547
4G is slower than 3G. It's absurd and I don't like it but 3G speed is good enough for me because I don't stream video.

Y'all are just mad that you have to pay for data.
>>
>>8836786

*navigate your way with Sprint and T-mobile alone
>>
can we go back to cosplay? data plan is not cosplay related. any new katsucon drama. discuss
>>
>>8836786
Yfw I have unlimited data, good speeds, and good coverage
>>
>>8837045
>can we go back to cosplay
>immediately asks for drama

Stop living pls.

Why do people love drama so much? I want to go to Katsucon and be around happy people, not people like schadenfreude anon here.

I have some great shoots lined up, though. I'm going to be around some of the most beautiful cosplayers at Katsu all weekend. Feels good.
>>
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 480x720
>>8836470
2/3
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 480x720
>>8837210
3/3
>>
first time going to katsu
anyone have any tips or suggestions on getting photos in the gazebo ?
>>
>>8837215
get up butt early if you reallly want to and have an appropriate cosplay that fits it. if not, there are plenty of other spaces
>>
Two more weeks left and I can't wait for Cosplay Play Me post about not having a room and then beg people for floor space for him and his gf.
>>
>>8837215
Look really good.

I'll be probably shooting gazebo shit, so I'll look out for people who look really good.

:)
>>
I heard Jason laboy is retiring after this con. Good riddance since we don't have to hear about some epic fail shoot that violated some building occupancy limit again.
>>
>>8837071

Hey man, unlimited data is unlimited data. It feels good all around. Kudos to you for your faster speeds.
>>
>>8837296
sauce? I actually like him. why are all the good photographers quitting
>>
>>8833802
Well I know the first thing I'm doing when I get to the Gaylord.
>>
>>8836786
I'm not a poorfag so I can afford to pay a few extra bucks a month if I happen to go over my data plan. Using AT&T is better for me since I like actually being able to call/text when I'm out on a road trip or visiting family in the countryside. You can't do that with Sprint.
>>
>>8837394
Who are the good photographers quitting? The anon just said Laboy
>>
>>8837550
It's not difficult to not go over on your plan. Figuring out you daily data useage is easy if you have any self awareness and dont spend every waking second on your phone.
>>
>>8837550

But... you can do that on Sprint. How are you gonna say you can't when you don't use Sprint?
>>
>>8837587
It happens from time to time. And it's no chip off my shoulder if I go over it a bit because I can afford it. Sorry you're poor and have to keep such a close eye on your bill, not everyone is as pathetic as you.
>>
>>8837743
Because I have an aunt who used to use Sprint and she couldn't get service at my grandmother's house while my dad and I could. She ended up switching to Verizon because Sprint is so shitty.
>>
File: stares.png (34 KB, 110x119) Image search: [Google]
stares.png
34 KB, 110x119
>at this data plan talk
>only just got a smartphone
>occasionally buys extra gigs of data using the rewards point verizon gives for paying your bill on time
>often doesn't need even a gig per month

I have no idea what the big hairy datalicious deal is.

In other news, two weeks til, two weeks til. I started assembling my packing today. If, over the course of the weekend you find yourself with a mild injury or pain, look for the young Ford (mustard yellow shirt), or 2D or Speedball. Pain pills, bandages and gauze, tiger balm, Salonpas patches, throat remedies, and, yes, condoms and lube packets for the unprepared thirsty cosplayers. Also got plenty of emergency grooming tools, makeup sealant, hairspray, dry shampo, whatevs.
Gonna hang at a lot of photoshoots (Gravity falls, Asscreed maybe, friday Marvel -- fuck that official Marvel.com clusterfuck on Saturday) and try to see more panels this year.
>>
>>8837882

Sounds like your Aunt couldn't learn how to use a phone.
>>
>>8838287
Sounds like you're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: image.png (56 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
image.png
56 KB, 446x400
>>8838451
Lmao. What does bad cell reception have to do with her being able to use a phone? She couldn't just snap her fingers and get cell reception. No, that's why she made the smart choice of switching to better service. She has no problems now.

Only cheapasses and poorfags defend Sprint because "muh free data". But keep replying, your asspain fuels me.
>>
>>8836786
>>8836789
>>8837071
>>8837329
>>8837550
>>8837587
>>8837743
>>8837873
>>8837882
>>8838287
>>8838303
>>8838451
>>8838462

Fuck cellphone service providers. You guys are tearing this thread apart!
>>
>>8838462

>Responds to someone obviously trying to get a rise out of you
>Calls them asspained

Anon you can't seriously think someone would legitimately argue that cellphone knowledge has anything to do with reception.

You're about as retarded as your Aunt. Get euthanized.
>>
So what photographers are still advertising like crazy? I'm assuming all the good ones are obviously fully booked now?
>>
>>8838770
Looked at the Facebook group.

You got CB Photography , Jason Freeman Photography, Vander Photography, Kemo Photo, Sumiko.fhoto Photography, Felix Wong Photography, Noire-re Photography And Works, Sofella Cosplay Photography, EDward Fotography, Jason Laboy Photography and Jeff GM Photography at a quick glance. This close to Katsu and they have openings, that's not a good sign
>>
>>8838784
CB here.

That was my first post on facebook for Katsu and I've already got 11 slots booked, so I'm not doin' too bad. Not amazing, but not bad.
How many other photogs cosplay as well as shoot all weekend? I can't be the only one trying to finish cosplays as well as solidify my weekend schedule this week.
>>
>>8838767
>gets told off for being an idiot
>"I was just pretending!!!"

You sound asspained to me.
>>
>>8838784
P sure Felix Wong is a troll. He's too chickemshit to schedule shoots.
>>
>>8838976

Anon, the obvious troll is right here.

>>8838287
>>8838287

The more you fight against it the worse you look. Just stop and take the L.
>>
>>8839056
Yeah I've never seen him scheduling shoots ever at a con and I've seen him at many cons.
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 698x1284) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 698x1284
>>8839474
>>
>>8839474
>>8839474
The person you're replying to is clearly a troll too, idiot. Stop replying to them.
>>
File: blackluigi16.jpg (58 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
blackluigi16.jpg
58 KB, 500x282
Any idea if he'll be there?
>>
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 640x809) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 640x809
Good deal
>>
>>8838767
The anon you're arguing with is a troll. They've been going around casually trolling /cgl/ for a while and I can tell it's the same person because they name all their image files "image.jpg" and always have the same arguments.

If you see a salty cunt with image.jpg as a file name, don't fucking reply. So many threads have gone to shit because of them. This one included.
>>
>>8825330
Finishing up Kylo Ren this weekend, I hope. Can't wait to see 600 other people throw on their black Hot Topic jacket and claim they're cosplaying him too. I've seen "progress photos" from people on tumblr and they are.... no.
>>
>>8839868
Kylo ren? oh then you better hit up laboy since he wont stop sharing the shit outta those stupid star wars pics he took recently. im getting tired of them

mediocre at best
>>
show use your work. I have yet to see a better Kylo Ren cosplay shoot. So STFU you fucking hater
>>
>>8840171
lol wat
>>
We got your IP address and we know you are located in LES. So man the fuck up you bitch. Stop hating on other photographers you pussy
>>
>>8839620
For shame. LOL

>>8840107
>>8840171
I saw the shoot album, and I didn't get all the way through it. The character designs are boring. If you're not Annie Liebowitz, on the actual movie set, I ain't looking at 14 pictures of the same 2 people in different poses.
>>
>>8840180
how did you backtrace anon?
>>
>>8840171
topest of keks folks. topest of keks.
>>
>>8840191
he called the cyber police, duh
>>
>>8840107
They look okay, some improvements could be done here and there, like he himself admits, but what's your issue with them critique wise? I'm more tired of them being reshared on the same Cosplay Share accounts on instagram
>>
>>8840180
>>8840107
what's up with the NYC photogs. so much bendetta
>>
>>8840274
it's more among the new photographers and the ones who party. The older ones in the biz stay out of it
>>
>>8839629

Always have the same argument about cell phone towers or trolling trolls?
>>
>>8840413
Anon was trolling about the trolling. This was the first time I've seen the argument here
>>
>>8840107
The Kylo Ren in his photos is part of what inspired me to make my own. Kylo Ren has way more volume and drama than that. If you're gonna do the snow scene, put on some makeup and wet your hair to look sweaty and beat up. You don't just get to throw on some limp black fabric and barely comb your hair and call it a cosplay.
>>
>>8840413
They criticize choices people make and resort to name calling.

Here they call people with piercings "idiots" and trailer trash:
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S8813197#p8813568

Here they call people who wear randoseru "autists" and "5-year-olds"
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/cgl/thread/S8811656#p8811735

And here they call people with Sprint "cheap asses" and "poorfags". See what I mean?
>>
>>8840625
>>8840413
No, I read through the conversation again and it's pretty obvious they're trolling. It's hard to believe someone would care that much about insulting someone else's cell phone service in a con thread unless they were purposely trying to derail/piss people off.
>>
>Magfest hotel rooms at the Gaylord were $140 per night
>Katsucon rooms at the same place are 200+ per night

The fuck?
>>
>>8840771
Supply and demand?
>>
>>8840830
Magfest had more people attending than katsucon though. If anything, Magfest hotel rates at the gaylord should be higher or equal to katsucons rates.
>>
>>8840830
Magfest people buy shit at the hotel. Poorfags at Katsucon are cheap as fuck.
>>
>>8840625
>>8840647

Damn, the transition was pretty fluid then. That or the anon I was trolling just stopped and someone else took their place.

Sure as hell got me lol
>>
>>8839620
Nice censoring
>>
>>8840771
Magfest has a bettet working relationship with the gaylord. This is were a con staff shows their stripes
>>
>>8841053
Congrats, you successfully trolled the troll.

I think it's the same person who was calling lolitas oversized babies in the confession thread. The iPhone filename is there too.
>>
>>8841179
This is interesting because MAGFest is treated as a festival than a convention.
>>
Anyone still need a room? I've got 2 slots at the gaylord if youre interested!
>>
>>8841306
Email me please ! [email protected]
>>
Any news on when that schedule's supposed to be coming out? There's literally only two weeks left.
>>
>>8841385
And sent, check your inbox.

In other news anyone else going to the cosplay ball with a significant other in couples cosplay? Got my girlfriend to do Beato to my Battler (Umineko), so am hella stoked to wreck the dance floor.
>>
minrealblu spams more than anyone i know. I finally blocked him on facebook
>>
>>8841595
Amount of people who give a shit: 1. And it's you.
>>
>>8841299
Just take a look at the demographics of both conventions, one is full of young poorfags and the other has an older audience that more than likely have decent some paying jobs.
>>
>>8841674
now poorfags are flogging to magfest
>>
>>8841712
they bringing S&M to MagFest?
>>
>>8841674
I really don't thing that matters. The price of a room block comes down to a workinfgrelationship and the ability to haggle. Katsu probably asks too much of the gaylord so they are unable to secure a better deal.
>>
>>8827690
I wouldn't call this the con for you desu. High priority on cosplay, panels aren't that fun unless they're for a series you like or a skill you're really interested in, and this con will feel lonely unless you know people, its really hard to meet people imo. Best chances you'll have will probably be at the bar at night if you're old enough.

>>8828276
Checked the week weather forecast. It's clear last I checked.

>>8828310
Fuck that. I intentionally avoid photogs that have shot Nigri or Yaya. Doesn't impress me.

>>8829117
It's both, completely both. Shoot during the day, get shitfaced at night, do the same thing the next day with a terrible hangover.

>>8831696
Probably just the ones my friends are in.

>>8834997
I usually do whatever works from what I get with the people I shoot but try to at least dish out 5 or so.

>>8835875
Either you use a hotel that gives you breakfast or you bring it with you/get it from CVS. Maybe drive to the mcdonalds but that's about it.

>>8837215
Sometimes there are such miracles at early hours of the morning or the wee hours of the night. Anything from 11pm-10pm is pretty damn full in my experience. There are also a lot of options at Katsu, the gazebo is cool but overrated.
>>
Is there a panel guide somewhere?
>>
>>8841449
Just to inform you, you're amazing for doing that.
>>
>convention starts in 10 days
>still no panel schedule

What the fuck Katsucon
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 640x800
It will be glorious seeing Black Luigi roasted that weekend
>>
>>8844969
This is sadly normal. The schedule will probably come out Friday.
>>
>>8844981
Dude won't show his face at Katsu! you'd have better luck seeing his former pal Gerardo
>>
>>8845050
is gerado going?
>>
>>8845254
I don't think so, but he's been there before. I don't think Adam has. He only goes whereever he can scam a press pass from
>>
Alright ALA is over- time to focus on Katsucon.

This con has been coming up a lot faster than I had hoped. Thankfully I'm only makin gone new cosplay for it.
>>
>Charges for using any lighting
>Charges for retouching
>Hello, my name is James plz no bully
FB:
/events/157738434578471/permalink/204819276537053/
>>
>>8845365
someone should screenshot the conversation for eternity
>>
Seagull meetup? Or at least a gathering of point and laughing at weebs while buzzed?
>>
>>8845481
We're partying with the 1449 guys. Check their facebook page for more information.
>>
>>8845365
>>8845465
Dang missed it, but yeah, a few fauxtogs are charging people by how many lights they use
>>
>>8845687
http://imgur.com/a/i0fTe

Got some caps if anyone is interested. Can't tell if immature piece of trash or aspie.
>>
>>8845687
That wasn't even the main one, dude was trying to charge based on editing styles. You wanted Frequency Separation, he'd charge extra for that. Filters, again, extra. Guy's a fucking joke!
>>
>>8845365
http://imgur.com/OTjbuYi

Please tell me he's joking.
>>
>>8845871
>the only time I'll ever agree with Eugene
>>
File: rich evans.jpg (116 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
rich evans.jpg
116 KB, 500x390
>>8845527
>tfw even though I knew it was a trick I joined anyway and checked

Are we really not meeting, /cgl/?
>>
>>8845481
Maybe meet by that coffee place in the atrium at a later hour when it's not packed?

>>8845527
I'd rather hang out with some bitchy seagulls and listen to them complain about each other's cell phone service than hang out with drunken manchildren, thanks.
>>
>>8846026
Around what time?
>>
>>8846026

Later at the atrium sounds good to me. Friday?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.