[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Akumakon/Ireland con central
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17
Akumakon is on the 22nd.
Who's going? Any plans for cosplay? Any panels you guys are planning to go to?

I would've liked to go to the later panels /pub quiz on Friday, but I can't make it that day (or that late regardless)
>>
>>8818392
Got banned. Let my doppel get loose in a local knacker's yard and basically fucked the local satellite internet.

Anyone got to Kaizoku?

Are the VIP passes really a load of expensive bollox?
>>
First time going to a con lads. Any dos or don'ts?
>>
>>8824775
Do bathe and wear deoderant.
Dont act like a cunt
>>
File: Check em.jpg (114 KB, 612x683) Image search: [Google]
Check em.jpg
114 KB, 612x683
>>8824845
>Do bathe and wear deoderant.
Already to that
>Dont act like a cunt
Ya, that to but I an be a dick however :^)
>>
Fun
>>
Did anyone head up today? Any thoughts?
>>
>>8826981
Yep. Was pretty quiet. Pub quiz was good.
>>
>>8827082
Did you go to any panels? If so, any good?
>>
>>8826981
Frifay was low key but good
>>
>>8827098
I was on the improvey thing, I was on it as a contestant. Me and my GF volunteered. We'd no idea what we signed up oft but it was fun. There was a Kylo Ren Cos Player who was hilarious on the game
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vndEvYAurkQ

Do you think we could get them to perform at this year's Eirtakon?
>>
>>8828091
Well considering Potsy went and deleted her Fb, I'd imagine getting into contact with her would be tricky.
>>
>>8828150
>deleted

And pass up the chance to have people to shove his walls of text upon? Not likely. It's deactivated. It'll be back sooner or later.
>>
This place needs more Potsey
>>
>>8828070
Were you the Requiem cosplayer? We had a chat after my panel, I didn't expect to see you on 4chan, hah.

Was the Kylo ren guy the same one who was the Bad cop? He was hilarious, I wonder if he'd done improv before.
>>
>>8828585
No I didn't cos play. Both days I just wore t shirts
>>
>>8828585
I say the Kylo and Ren Cos Player is an amateur actor or something, he's very dynamic
>>
Did anyone go to that SJW thing on Friday? We just missed it
>>
>>8828837
Do explain, can't wait to hear this
>>
>>8828856
I was asking. We wanted to go see it but we were 10 minutes late
>>
>>8828837
It was just a discussion about sjws and what we think they are etc. Tbh it wasn't in support or opposing them.

>>8828070
Turn out wasn't as expected for the improve thing, I think it had something to do with the small room and the fact that it was so early in the morning, unfortunately.
>>
>>8829594
Ya, me and the GF walked into some voice actresses Q&A cause we taught the improve was in there. After 5 minutes we just decided to go and coincidently at the same time when someone in the audience said some spoiler about what ever show she was in and she taught we got up and left cause of the spoiler and she was like "Please don't go, I promise there will be no spoilers after this"
We dropped spaghetti, felt awkward for ourselves and that poor lady
>>
>That one guy who bid 120 on an envelope of Zelda stuff

They should have auctions in pubs more often
>>
File: deadwife.jpg (88 KB, 925x640) Image search: [Google]
deadwife.jpg
88 KB, 925x640
so is leigh dead or....?
>>
File: Untitled.png (104 KB, 1482x365) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
104 KB, 1482x365
>>8830400
Fingers crossed
>>
>>8830277
>That lad who bet 90€ on a Metaknight Amibo
Amiibos aren't even under stocked anymore
>>
Anyone else think the trade hall was bootleg city? Last year they had some pretty cool new stuff. This year they just had bootlegs and that one legit trader who look mortified to be there.
How magician's merch keep getting tables selling stolen artwork on tshirts is beyond me. Fuckin hell mate.
>>
>>8831213
A lot of the pokemon plushies were fiarly shitely made. They had a purple Slowbro with a green shell thingy
>>
>>8831213

I was so fucking delighted to see that Eirtakon refused them a table this year, about time a con said no to their shenanigans. Although yer man was there the whole weekend and I spotted him giving shit to some committee members in the Trade Hall. Fucking idiot. Doubt that'll convince them to give you a table!
>>
>>8831338
He's absolute plonker. My friend asked him if one of his plushies were bootleg or not (they obviously were) and he said no, he went to japan and got them himself so they were totes 100% legit
He also said he personally drew the fanart on his tshirts. Yet I know three artists he's stolen from.
Fucking twat should be banned. Selling bootlegs is one thing, but lying so obviously about it is so so worse. Like replay sell bootlegs but they admit it so it's not as bad. But magician's merch are awul is every sense of the word.
>>
>>8830406

People are just reaching to be the one with the latest story so any chance encounter is going to turn into an exaggerated adventure in autism. I was there with a friend of the group she was with, she was looking for her friends who were standing there since the start of the event. To anyone who can actually spot social interaction that would have been obvious, which is ironic if you think about who we're talking about.
>>
>>8830406

I also question the feminist credentials of someone who's supposedly pro-choice but thinks transwomen are men that should be aborted. Probably some weeb that got dragged there by the socially well adjusted girlfriend.
>>
>>8832032
>thinks transwomen are men that should be aborted

That's a bit of a stretch. I think Potsy should have been aborted too but that doesn't mean I think all transwomen should be aborted.
>>
>>8832040
>>8832032
the reason potsy should have been aborted has nothing to do with the trans aspect.
>>
>>8832032
>wanting 'feminist credentials'
>2016
>>
>>8832040
>>8832046

Even if it's just her, it doesn't make it okay. People like her actually would be aborted and have been the target of eugenicists in the past. If she had said something like that about anyone at all, people wouldn't have shut up posting caps of it for the next year. If it's really nothing to do with her being trans then you can be respectful of her pronouns. It's not like she's a xie or an attack helicopter. And maybe try not telling her you want her dead if you want her to knock off what ever she's up to this week.
>>
>>8832070
>If she had said something like that about anyone at all, people wouldn't have shut up posting caps of it for the next year

Such is the fate of the lolcow. Ireland's most well known one who's been at it for 10+ years, no less. Even her most prominent Facebook asspatters are ditching her in their droves as of the last few weeks and calling her a manipulative, blackmailing cunt.

Whatever about being a literal autist trainwreck of an individual who will never accomplish anything of note in their life; anyone who shows up to an A&E when there's nothing actually wrong with them and takes a selfie of themselves next to an unplugged machine just to get pity likes on Facebook should off themselves immediately.
>>
>>8832092

To be honest your post is so cringey and edgy I find it hard to read it. What are you trying to prove exactly? I don't understand. Are you trying to take a take a stance against her saying and doing horrible things to people, or are you trying to take a stance for doing horrible things like telling people to kill themselves and making fun of their disability?

People seem to make up explanations for things that happen in her life and take them as fact. I haven't been following her obsessively like some people so I have no idea why she was in A&E but if you listen to some people it seems impossible that anything genuinely bad ever happens to her. Most trans people have a lot of issues because being trans is actually pretty fucked up, before you talk about autism. I never really see the "lolcow" crowd take this into account. I think they're all too aware of it and are taking advantage.

I'm going to out and say it, and that anyone I've seen with a problem with her on here is a hundred times more awful and toxic in almost every way. You're just probably better at hiding it outside of your containment areas. You call her a manipulative, blackmailing cunt as if you actually genuinely care about how she acts towards others, but then you tell someone to go kill themselves.

People do fucked up things when they're desperate, so I can excuse some of her bullshit. What's scary is when people act like they're emotionally invested in someone they actually don't know that much about since all the information they get is filtered through trolls. This isn't just her, either, and this is why I rarely if ever go to cons anymore. I don't want to get dragged into thread killing argument about someone I don't know well either, so let's drop the subject.
>>
>>8832106
>To be honest your post is so cringey and edgy I find it hard to read it.
>posts all of that Potsy apologist bollocks straight after it

You have to be 18+ to use this site, fampai
>>
>>8832120

I literally have no idea what you're trying to say. I know this site is an image board, but I get the feeling you have the ability to verbally communicate in a coherent manner. Please use it.
>>
>>8832135
I'm trying to verbally communicate to you the fact that you're new to and naive as fuck about her and the internet in general. She's been at this for 10+ years. I even remember her dropping into MSN conversations while I was a teenager and being creepy.

>before you talk about autism. I never really see the "lolcow" crowd take this into account. I think they're all too aware of it and are taking advantage.

Maybe if you'd read her lolcow thread you'd realise there have actually been many self-confessed trans/autistic people who think Potsy is a fucking joke for using the trans/autistic stuff as a crutch and excuse for absolutely everything that goes wrong in her life.

Feel free to pat her arse, feel sorry for her and excuse her bullshit all you want, I don't care. I just feel sorry for the children. Look at the child's face. Ye wouldn't even subject an animal to that sort of abuse
>>
>>8832153

There was a time when shit people did 10+ years ago was confined to the annals of history. When you're dealing with people who have to work very hard to act "normal" around people you basically push them into a position they can't get out of because everyone judges them the same no matter how they change.

Nobody gives a shit that you were a creepy teenager because you weren't as big a target. Trans people are.

>Maybe if you'd read her lolcow thread you'd realise there have actually been many self-confessed trans/autistic people who think Potsy is a fucking joke for using the trans/autistic stuff as a crutch and excuse for absolutely everything that goes wrong in her life.

I read one of the dozens times it was posted here before thread deletion. From what I could see there were a small number of people who are hardly representative given they're specifically on a site with an extremely shady premise. We all know #notyourshield is a thing, it doesn't justify GG. The whole thing of there being this model for people like her to follow who acts in a certain way that cis & het people approve of is a really creepy brand of social engineering.

The average trans person would have nothing to do with the sort of shit that gets posted on sites like that, or threads like this, so you can't use them to single her out.

>Feel free to pat her arse, feel sorry for her and excuse her bullshit all you want, I don't care. I just feel sorry for the children. Look at the child's face. Ye wouldn't even subject an animal to that sort of abuse

You don't know her, you don't know the woman and (I hope) you don't know the child. I doubt she'd intentionally post a photo like that unless it was for humour value(or what she sees as humour value). You don't know anything about their relationship to her, past assumptions and theories cooked up by people who tell mentally unstable transwomen to kill themselves as a past-time.
>>
>>8832222
Diff anon: I agree with you fundimentally, misgendering and implying she should kill herself are pointless, tryhard gestures. But regardless of that Leighanna is someone who needs genuine help with her issues, and conflating every good activist in Ireland with GGs/MRAs/What have you just because they think, occasionally she should be held responsible for her actions is doing so much damage for her in the long run.
>>
File: cream pie.gif (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
cream pie.gif
3 MB, 480x270
>That female Scorpian
>>
>>8832055
It's the current year
>>
>>8833764
You mean the one thats been wearing the same costume to every con for the last 3 years?
>>
>>8831338
Is this MM? They're absolute scum.
>>
File: Le shiggy shrug.jpg (70 KB, 810x780) Image search: [Google]
Le shiggy shrug.jpg
70 KB, 810x780
>>8834612
It was my first con but I wouldn't' mind seeing her 3 more times tea bee haytch
>>
>>8834623
Ellen pls
>>
File: Say that again nigger.png (467 KB, 501x658) Image search: [Google]
Say that again nigger.png
467 KB, 501x658
>>8834646
RUDE!
>>
File: pls.png (20 KB, 447x155) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
20 KB, 447x155
>tfw you're a leech on society and your gyppo friends are being sent to prison

Bad feel lads
>>
>>8837973
Going from court to prison is fairly standard there lad.
>>
>>8837973
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: noodle.jpg (125 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
noodle.jpg
125 KB, 960x960
GYPPO DISCRIMINATION MUST STOP
>>
>>8838232
She loves the Gyps and they love her ;) >>8832153
>>
>>8837973
All she has to do is figure out how to make anti-antiknackerism profitable to Denis O'briend and the government will make it happen for him.
>>
File: SExy.jpg (219 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
SExy.jpg
219 KB, 960x960
>>
>>8834612

She cute af. doe. Sound as well.
>>
>>8838232
Oddly enough, that headscarf is cultural appropriation.

but that's none of my business.
>>
>>8840774
So is beatboxing and she's grand with that too
>>
>>8840776
And collaborating with an American whore
>>
>>8840795
>has a 'musical' called 'Hooker P.I.'

How much of a failure do you have to be to have your entire existence revolve around being a transwoman or a prostitute?
>>
>>8840922
l feel sorry for the trans people who wish they could be normal and there's this bender making them all look mental
>>
>>8840939
I thought the entire point of people who're born biologically male who feel they're female (or vice versa) was to try and completely pass for the opposite gender instead of parading the fact that they're trans around everywhere? I thought it'd defeat the point
>>
So, did we all have a good time at Akumakon?
>>
File: cup of tea.jpg (60 KB, 898x692) Image search: [Google]
cup of tea.jpg
60 KB, 898x692
>>8842930
l did, did you? Favourite parts?
>>
>>8842930
It was ok, not great.
Had a great guest and some good events but so many gaps in the timetable that everyone was a bit bored on many occassions.
Also the trade hall was disappointing with all the knockoffs everywhere.
>>
>>8843471
Akumakon is a guest and not much else
>>
>>8843471
Irish cons have a terrible bootleg problem in trade halls and low-quality art in artist alleys. There really need to be higher standards. While there are great artists at cons, there are still the people like ABeadsC and others who are directly copying sprites and making "pixel art". There's a ton of stuff that looks traced or just downright awful, too.
>>
The food was good
>>
who is exactly is Leigh Walsh and why does he seem like a nightmare?
>>
>>8847825
muh waifu
>>
>>8847825
Their someone from years ago who people with no lives stalk non-stop and save masturbation pics of, sharing them here while criticizing their life choices.
>>
>>8847825

Can we stop talking about that idiot, please?

That dead horse has been flogged far too often and it's no longer amusing.
>>
>>8843228
The panels were generally pretty good, Tantalus and Man of Action were funny, Guest panels were very good too.

Met up with friends, had a lot of fun, spent far too much money, all in all a good weekend.
>>
File: 1399691598533.gif (897 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1399691598533.gif
897 KB, 320x240
>>8849391
>it's no longer amusing

Speak for yourself
>>
File: Laugh at u.jpg (121 KB, 948x717) Image search: [Google]
Laugh at u.jpg
121 KB, 948x717
>>8851308
>>
>3 weeks
>Still no photos on Akumakon's FB
>>
>>8851308

Nope, it's boring. New material plz.
>>
pls
>>
>>8833764
sick of that costume desu...and the way she sucks up to guests so they will promote her page is so embarrassing.
>>
>>8852309
Good for a few wanks though
>>
>>8852311
nah man, she looks filthy and not in a good way
>>
>>8852337
Ah ya'd giver her a poke if the telly was broke ;)
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.