[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cosplay/Lolita Charity Events
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: batman-robin-cosplay-jhosua.jpg (66 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
batman-robin-cosplay-jhosua.jpg
66 KB, 750x563
I've seen cosplayers do events at hospitals in children's wards with great sucess, everybody has fun and the kids really enjoy it.

Does anybody have any advice for how to set something like this up? I'm in a lolita group, but some of them also cosplay. My husband works at a hospital with a fairly large children's ward and I'd love to set something like this up. I won't get anything set up in time for Christmas, but valentines might be cute handing out candy in baskets to the kids in pretty pink dresses.

I just would love some advice and feedback on this, thanks!
>>
I've heard of some Star Wars cosplayers doing charity events and I think cosplaying other characters would be cool, but I don't think lolita would work, personally. It's a fashion, not a costume. If you want to dress up like a princess and have tea with some sick kids, why not just pick a Disney princess they'll recognize? Going in lolita would be like going in goth clothes or even just street clothes. It's another fashion, not a costume.
>>
(As cringy as it sounds) My schools Anime Club is actually scheduling a toy drive and visitation to a local hospital. I'm the vice president and we plan to visit in kid friendly cosplat to play board games, crafting, and do small performances. As for the process to have it scheduled, it has been very easy. You do have to stay in contact and read all the rules and regulations. Right now, especially since its flu season, most hospitals ask for 18+ participants with a small group size of 5-10 people. Also, expect to not always be scheduled on a weekend, especially this close to Christmas.

Tl;dr: get the info, stay in contact, and try it out!
>>
>>8731711
There was a group of itas that started a crowd funder to try to buy burando so they could 'visit sicks kids like princesses' or something.
It's in the archives, unsurprisingly it wasn't well received and didn't fly.

I can see why cosplaying as mainstream characters like The Avengers would be a nice thing to do for the kids, but there needs to be a way of keeping the batshit insane types away from that sort of thing. Can you imagine a rabid Erin Jager getting distraught that a child doesn't recognise their character, doesn't give them asspats from their hosital bed and that keeps misgendering them or whatever?
>>
OP here, my comm is very chill, no insane weebs or SJW's. I've received alot of positive attention from young girls in the 4-8 age range, and since we have several sweet pastel lolitas I figured that's why we could do a valentines handout meet. It's the most fitting for our comm. I'm sure we could get a common outfit theme going, but I'm not sure if everybody could could find a princess like outfit. But if every stuck with red/pink dresses, I think it would give it a sens of uniformity that's a step above street fashion in the kids eyes.
>>
Check if the hospital has a volunteer department and talk with the higher ups there.

I plan on applying for the 501st Legion myself once I get my armor and put it together.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.