[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hyper Japan Christmas Market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 708x137) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 708x137
Are you going?
Are you in the cosparade or fashion show?
Share your opinions and hopes/fears for this years con
>>
Last I heard they were still waiting to hear back about the Cosplay Parade?
Their organisation seems to get shittier and shittier every year.
>>
Yeah, people in the fashion show have heard back but I still haven't heard about the cosparade yet, it's seriously put me off wanting to cosplay there now
>>
I haven't been in a good few years so I have no idea what to expect.

Last time I went the fashion show was 99% lolita and they gave a prize to a girl in the audience wearing full ugly yellow ita bodyline. So I don't expect it to be any better now.
>>
>>8730792
>>8730797
They've been shit about cosplay and photography for a while now. It's a shame.

Not sure why this needs it's own thread, but..? I'm cosplaying all three days, excited to stock up on dorayaki and cute shit. Also buying presents for my cgl secret santas.
>>
Probably not going to the Christmas Market. I went to the one in July and I found it quite fun and I got to meet Dempagumi.Inc.
>>
>>8730803
Why shouldn't it have its own thread...?
>>
>>8730829
Because it's been/being discussed in the Britfag thread. Seems odd to me, but w/e.
>>
I'm considering going and I don't really know what to expect. To those that have been, how diverse are the range of fashions styles worn by the attendees? Do people go all out with their outfits or does it tend to be more casual j-fash, a nice balance of both? Do you get a lot of cosplayers there?

Sorry for all the newbie questions, any extra insight would be really appreciated.

The main draw for me has to be Minori, I think it would be worth the trip just to catch a glimpse of her.

I'm wondering about all this because I don't really want to look too ott or draw too much attention if I'm the only one of a handful of people wearing say, ott lolita or something else more 'out there'.
>>
Going and cosplaying all three days. Doesn't matter how the con goes for me because I've managed to book black friday of and I won't be at work. I'm pretty excited about that.

>>8730847
It tends to alternate between there being more cosplays and more lolitas in my experience? I think this year there's been less cosplayers and more j-fashion. The guests are certainly more geared towards that, and it's way more balanced towards j-fashion than other cons like expo.

That said you also get way more normal people than you do at something like expo, and a lot of people who don't necessarily know the unspoken rules/culture of cons. If you're going to go OTT (or in anything even slightly out of the ordinary) expect people to take pictures of you without asking permission at varying levels of sneakiness.
>>
>>8730884
Thanks anon. I think I will go for something middle ground-ish for my fist visit - casual or relatively low-key lolita/otome or a simple cosplay. I might take my slr camera too if my outfit isn’t too complicated, it might actually be nice to wear something simple and comfortable for a change.
>>
>>8730847
I saw in July a fairly wide array of jfash, and some very OTT outfits, especially on the Saturday, but as >>8730884 said there are a lot more normies so if you don't like being stared at then go a bit more casual. The other days have a large number of guests being in casual lolita from what I can remember. Not a lot of cosplayers, but enough. Not as much as MCM or another con, but not so few a lazy Misty cosplay gets fawned over.
>>
>>8730792
Why bother entering the cosparade at all? You waste an hour of your time being herded behind the stage and 20 seconds on stage. And because it's no longer judged or prizes given, 80% of the people have awful cosplays and don't know how to pose on stage. I know a lot of people who would normally compete are not going to bother anymore as Sumer HJ was disappointing and they lied to the entrees and told them prizes were going to be given.
>>
>>8730847
To be fair I always wear ott decora or sweet and there are a few people who do the same, if you want to go all out you won't be alone!
>>
>>8730802
The fashion show organisation was shite this year. Funny seeing how salty all the rejectees are being tho
>>
>was willing to do an overnight bus trip to London and then back at the end of the day only for Minori
>have to be at uni that exact same weekend

fml
>>
File: watomo.jpg (70 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
watomo.jpg
70 KB, 600x338
Anyone going on their own? I decided to attend last minute so friends actually interested in this kinda shit all have other plans.

It's kinda cute to go on your own right? Not pathetic at all? Right?
>>
>>8734626
HJ is a fine event to go to on your own, it's not really super social like MCM or a hotel con. You can quite happily wander around on your own shopping, watching events and eating.
>>
>>8734626
I'm going on my own as well, I actually preger it that way. More freedom to decide what to see and where to go, and you won't be alone, trust me!
>>
>>8735165
>>8735286

Thank you anons, I’m feeling a bit better about it now and I'm actually kinda looking forward to embracing being able to go look at anything I want without worrying that friends are bored or would rather be looking at something else.
>>
It's probably sad to be this excited, but I'm way fucking excited. I'm going to buy shit tons of dorayaki and cute shit. I'll post photos here probably, might as well use the thread.
>>
Anyone looking forward to meeting Minori? Really hoping I can get a photo with her and buy her photo book
>>
Will be selling some stuff, I'm pretty excited as it'll be my first time selling anything at a con but also kinda worried I won't sell anything and be bummed out about it.
>>
>>8737378
What's your stall called? I'll come have a look and unless it's absolutely horrific, I'll buy something.
>>
>>8737388
I'm selling as an indie brand (Baumhaus) at the Tea Party Club stall on Saturday though I'm gonna double check tomorrow if it's still all good. I'll also be giving out some coupons for 10% off on my etsy shop.

I'm not sure how horrific my products actually are so I just don't know how it's going to go. I can think it looks pretty good but asherbee used to think her shit was good too so who really knows until you go public.
>>
I'm so sad I can't go but I'll see you all in summer!!!
>>
/a/utist here taking my twelve year old sister to saturday lates because she really wants to go.

This will be her first con, and I've never really been to any before. How do I help her get the most out of the experience?
>>
Currently in the AI concert and the audience has 0 enthusiasm apart from one lone weeb w her glowstick and AI cosplay lmao. Last night was so good in comparison.
>>
File: 343333.png (14 KB, 491x143) Image search: [Google]
343333.png
14 KB, 491x143
>>
Saturday's fashion show was a hot mess but today was somewhat better
>>
Really annoyed with the Tea Party Club. I could only go today, so I head to their stall to look at the bring and buy and stuff, and I'm told "they're not doing a stall today because of 'higher decisions'" if you've advertised as being there all weekend, be there all weekend, don't just flake out last minute. Missed out on a load of stuff, especially the Peppermint Fox stuff and the bring and buy, because of their shit organisation.
>>
>>8740966
They couldn't get enough volunteers. They organise all this in their free time and don't get paid anything. I can tell you that from the little I saw of Kyra, she was absolutely rushed off her feet.
>>
So many shit tier cosplay's. Were there any actually decent ones?
>>
>>8740966
They did announce on FB that there would be no bring and buy on Sunday. They didn't have enough volunteers, not their fault. It's also not their problem that you missed out, js.
>>
File: photomagic_jpg(10).jpg (533 KB, 1000x561) Image search: [Google]
photomagic_jpg(10).jpg
533 KB, 1000x561
>>8742264
I liked the Full Metal Alchemist group - sorry for shit pic, got an ancient Nokia and my camera broke on the Friday - there were a few cute Love Live girls too, main ones coming to mind were the light-up ones. But yeah, I was really disappointed, there were barely any cosplayers, llet alone good ones.
>>
>>8740966
I was there on Saturday, there weren't much Peppermint Fox items for sale. If you really want some you could try asking the organisers if they have any in stock on them and buy from them directly.
>>
File: DSC_1413.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1413.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Have some pics
>>
>>8745834
Oh bloody hell, think my mobile is gunna upload these sideways. Shall post my shitty pics later
>>
>>8740966

>Shit organisation
I put something on the stall on late Saturday and came back on Sunday to see if it'd sold.
I was told they weren't open that day and that 'You might have to do a bit of digging!' as everything that was on the stall the day prior had been shoved in to a box, from the £250 dresses with the snaggable chiffon side panels to the 50p hairclips that could catch on said chiffon. I had to empty out the box just to get to my item.
Anyone could have stolen something. Items could have easily been damaged. It was abysmal organisation.
>>
>>8742369
Ok, looks like they could be somewhat decent, I saw the Edward and Al wandering around at some point, but not up close. Anyone got better quality pics?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.