[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ireland General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 24
File: 1435619314179.jpg (147 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
1435619314179.jpg
147 KB, 1000x600
/Eirtakon aftermath/ edition

>Con experiences/good buiys
>Fav cosplays
>Cosplay ideas for next year
>Con creeper stories/panel stories

Let's be havin' ye then, lads
>>
Cloak room wasn't a mess, so that's good i guess.
>>
Akuma con didn't announce anything, did they?
>>
>>8720511
They announced they're all virgins.
>>
Had no idea there was so much fucking drama revolving around Lizard Lady.
>>
>>8720513
Yeah but something we didn't already know, I mean.
>>
Gonna be a bit weird next Summer without either Arcade Con or Nom Con. The saturation of conventions in Dublin was always going to end in a crash and burn but I'm surprised it has hit both at the same time.

Yer man Darren from Nom Con is owed thousands of euro apparently, that's the real reason they're not running. They're losing money every year so there's no hope of paying him back so they're quitting now instead of sinking even more money into it. Anime Dublin is still going ahead they said yesterday though - I guess Eirtakon are being left with that bill.
>>
>>8720495
Right lads, I've gotta ask about the parents who bring their kids to these things. how awesome as parents are they?! I mean when I see the bored off their tree heads on them I'm just like that's just class, what a way to waste a weekend.

Or the parents who do clever things like have a balloon up so their kids can find them quickly. I think that's really nice.

Also following on from that, I've got an issue with the games room. but it's not just related to Eirtakon and it's this: way too competitively focused alot of the time. I mean for fuck sake, try being anyway casual at street fighter and wanting to give it a go, or at melee (where there were no built in controllers for normal congoers to use). Cos here's the thing I find, I have in the past personally made complaints about shit like people hogging consoles and games and such, but moving on from that I think I can see why. I as an over-age person can go to literally all events but kids and their parents are instantly hindered, and so when there's some downtime the games room is like one of the only places to legitimately go to. and honestly I think the atmosphere there is a bit too competitive given the kid-friendly nature of this particular part of the con. It'd definitely be nice to develop a more casual area or better rotation of playing monitored by volunteers, so that more kids and parents can get downtime between playing and watching and chatting to other players. and I definitely feel like the focus on competitiveness in games like smash, melee, street fighter and so on makes it really difficult for people to just play some games and chill out. 8 player smash was a good option at the least, Tekken, soul calibur, towerfall and mario kart were good options, but given the amount of space taken by the LOL stuff the amount of empty space constantly present in the LOL areas they definitely could have fit in a more casual gaming experience. staffing at machines to encourage play would be cool too
>>
>>8720484

OK, Companion Cube Guy looks pretty filthy but I've talked to him and never noticed any toxic odours coming from him.

There are some right smelly bastards at the con though, as in you can still smell the bastards when you get in an empty lift. How smelly do you have to be that your funk remains in an area when you leave?
>>
>>8720519
Maybe yer man Darren wouldn't be owed thousands by Nom if he hadn't stolen money from them in the first place.
>>
>>8720522
yeah the smell of the con was getting worse by the day. I'm guessing alot showered on the friday and just didnt bother showering after that.
>>
>>8720520
Autists bringing their fightsticks and playing too competitively ruin the atmosphere a lot to the point of near enough ruining the time I had in the games room 2 years ago with a friend of mine. There's a time and a place lads, sign up to the tournaments if you're so dead-set on showing your fellow neckbeards how much time you've spent sitting in practice mode perfecting your juggles; nobody else gives a shit.

All a product of today's parents not knowing how to tell their children 'no', I think.
>>
>>8720520
Yeah, I felt that with the games. I've never played Soulcalibur before the weekend. I started trying to play it with a friend and it was pretty fun because we both had no idea how to pull off any combo. Then, this guy comes over and asks to play. He absolutely destroyed me and I ended up just handing the controller to some other guy standing behind me.

Like, I don't get why experienced players even try to play obvious noobs. It's enjoyable for no one.
>>
>>8720519
honestly they got fucked by the placements of the comic con's and arcade cons too, which were much bigger, had higher budgets and were blatantly more mainstream seen by people. running against those comic cons can only put you in a terrible position for attendance honestly.

though they'll bleed themselves dry with expensive guests if they're not careful. big cons with broad range run the risk of trying too hard to overplease.

it's why I like the more focused ones, like brocon and warpcon talking about their cons at eirtakon got barely any recognition from the crowd because honestly the wargamers, card gamers ,boardgamers and tabletop gamers who would be their bread and butter are barely there in the closing ceromony and are almost a complete offshoot of eirtakon so gauging the interest from crowd response is super tricky based on an anime con. but if they can keep their head above water and deliver for their given size they'll be fine. there's only really room for one big anime con anyways. and eirtakon if they're stuck can just go back to DCU for funds and shiz
>>
>>8720522
He's fucking minging, I want to put a crowbar through my cranium when I'm near him
>>
>>8720530
I think Melee, Smash and Street Fighter are the culprits for this.
That Street Fighter community of people streaming and playing on their fightsticks all day are fucking unbearable human beings. and they were being super serious(you'd never see them picking random or anyone but their main) and you'd go over. friend of mine went over and asked: "so is there a tournament on or ?" and the reply was: "oh no it's all friendlies here". fucking no way was it fucking friendlies there, the atmosphere alone made it not friendlies.
melee at least the competitive players were amicable with each other, but still much too serious like.

being competitive is cool and all, when in tournaments or so. like If I don't know the person but I know the game a bit I'll ask: "super serious or friendly? have you played much of this? " and if they reply friendly and not much I'll pick someone I'm shit with, pull punches and see about making it fun for everyone. but if serial then i might turn it up. but that's not the case with these people.

>>8720532
it's alright to play against new players if the atmosphere is a bit civil or so, and if you've the decency to maybe play a noncompetitive game or do something, but what you just described is just shitty. but people should be able to turn off or on their competitive streak and make it a bit fun for everyone like. if that means teaching a new player, giving them some cool moments in the game, or just plain letting them and their friend give it a go instead them just figure it out.
>>
I noticed way more families this year. I think the kids are really cute but the parents are fucking annoying. Is every con going to turn into comic con?
>>
>>8720549
How are the parents annoying ?
>>
>>8720549
what do you mean by annoying?
like god forbid parents putting up with fucking weaboos, incessant shouting of stupid catchphrases, annoying pictures and so on, just to make their kid happy and let them buy some shit.

unless you mean the cosplaying parents who drag their child along when they don't really wanna be there. they're the worst.
>>
>>8720548
Fighting game communities are one of the most cancerous ones going as far as gaming is concerned, I'd put them above people who play Call of Duty competitively on consoles or people who only exclusively play LoL. There's one lad we know who's a competitive fighting game player and he rarely ever washes/genuinely doesn't know how to wash dishes or tie his own shoelaces.
>>
>>8720552
>>8720553
Nah I'm talking about the parents who see it as a "kiddie" event that will "tire the kids out" for the weekend but it's clear the kids hate it.
>>
That Sauron guy was great. So many people were doing Attack on Titan cosplays but they were all pretty bad.
>>
>>8720637
the sauron was really cool. wonder did anyone get a galadriel vs sauron pic
>>
Fighting game fans are the worst at cons. I sat down next to some kids playing Smash 4 and they were just spouting meme level garbage.

The worst part is two of them were dressed as Earthbound characters (one was ness the other was the girl with the pink dress I don't know her name) and I picked a stage only for the Ness and girl to yell out who the fuck picked this and the other told me to die.

I guess that's to be expected when teens get raised on tumblr and 4chan and don't remember to not act like a turd to people IRL.
>>
>>8720661
You still got your ass kicked
>>
>>8720661
Hey, I was the Ness. I was having a bad enough weekend as it was without you picking 75M you fucking spanner.
>>
9 euro for a burger and chips get fucked desu senpai
>>
>>8720661
Listen man, you fucking selected 75m without putting it on omega, then uttered some of the cringyest shit I heard all week, don't blame us for being a shit. Also you're a shit Little Mac.
>>
>>8720661
If you actually picked 75M kill yourself
>>
>>8720668
>>8720668
>>8720671
>>8720672

lads, calm your tits. it's a fucking game. and you clearly need to examine your life. and stop whinging about stupid shit like this. the salt. so salty.
just play for glory at home and stop whining
>>
>>8720668
You are a piece of shit. At least you and your fuck friends are amused. Don't come back to next year.

And l2p Ness, don't spam PK Thunder.
>>
File: artflow_201511161630.png (321 KB, 1280x752) Image search: [Google]
artflow_201511161630.png
321 KB, 1280x752
Bitta fanart
>>
>>8720694
Thank you kind anon, absolutely incredible
>>
File: photo.jpg (131 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
131 KB, 640x480
>>8720688
>>
>>8720525

He never stole money.
>>
>>8720688
did you try not getting hit by pk thunder
>>
File: 20151115_151509.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151115_151509.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>8720669
Mmm "gourmet burger and chips"....
>>
>>8720700
You sure are tough behind your anonymity like a keyboard gangster.
>>
>>8720754
I'm not Ness but shut up, you must be terrible at Smash to warrant this response
>>
>>8720723
Did he give you some to keep quite Lance? Would explain a lot.
>>
>>8720700
Are you dressed as someone from prison school?
>>
>>8720749
You're at a con what do you fucking expect
>>
>>8720783
It's a Ness tshirt, but I'm too poor to buy a good phone or decent lighting.
>>
>>8720824
gourmet burger and chips
>>
>>8720768

What would it explain?
>>
>>8720824
I definitely didn't expect to eat on the fucking floor, that was disgusting.
>>
>>8720668
You're lucky I wasn't there you manky little bitch otherwise I would have given you an earful for your cuntiness.

Your friend sounds like he needs to come back when his balls drop
>>
>>8720669
At that price go for the fucking teriyaki beef, it's the same fucking price
>>
>>8720768
How exactly would Lance stay quite Lance?
>>
>>8720723
Most of the bullshit said here is exactly that, bullshit.

Apart from the thing about Darren being a creepy looking neckbeard that is
>>
>>8720925
What friend are you talking about? Did you even read that guys post? You need to calm it.

The person who bitched in the first place was obnoxious, spouted memes and was a sore loser. Which is why he bitched about it on here instead of getting over it. Like did PK thunder knock the fucking sense out of his 2 euro haircut or something?

If you want to give me an earful then come to Mullingar and I'll throw some club orange at you, you twat.
>>
>>8720862
there was always chairs
>>
>>8720700
>>8720738
>>8720758
>>8720783
>>8720925
>>8720948

edgy lads, and people say video games don't cause violence, but it seems smash causes retardation as seen from this pile of shite.
drink your monster, scoff your mountain dew, devour your doritos, watch your pewdiepie, and then spend your time on something worthwhile like smash and get a clue. if you use a gamecube controller to play smash 4 you're still a weeb who just doesn't wanna grow up and move to controller pro.
>>
Hmmm..... Fillercon?

Aim for 400-500 attendees.
No real gueast of honour but maybe a Skype panel or something if people want
Decent selection of anime showings rather than just Weeb stuff.
Smaller venue.
Good bar

What do people actually want from a con?

Now. How do we make that happen?
>>
>>8720984
Yeah but people ordered takeaway food and they wouldn't let us in so we had to eat on the floor.
>>
>>8720990
good question. no real answer.
I personally want drink, downtime, social events, merch and good atmosphere.

others want:
screenings, cards against humanity, boardgames, manga library, games rooms, tabletop, panels, voice actors, cosplayers, etc.

but atmosphere, social events and things to kill time/look at are top of my agenda.

but in general it's super hard to ask what people want, cos some people have really specific wants and that's all they care about and others want a range of different things.
>>
>>8720988
I don't like any of those things, but nice strawman argument. And I used a pro controller and won, there was no hard feelings from me. Because I guarded through little mac side+B causing him to suicide and actually knew how to play.

The Garda.
>>
>>8720995
what? I went to spar, got chicken fillet and so on and brought it in no bother? and I definitely saw people who got stuff from a chipper eating in the main eating area inside.
>>
>>8720990
>What do people actually want from a con?

It's simple really:
gourmet burger and chips
>>
>>8721002
>strawman
not all smashfags is it? you do realize it's whiny bitches like yourself and your opponent who completely ruin the atmosphere of con games rooms and make it a literal hive of autists who plot inputs and trash talk. I get that there are pro smash players like Mango who trash talk and all that shit. but pieces of shit like you and your opponent make all competitive gaming look like shitheads. you and the rest of the fighting game community. cod players aren't half as bad as you dopes
>>
>>8721003
I guess it depends on who was at the desk but some of the staff were incredibly rude. They were laughing at us. I thought it might have been enforced by the venue and just accepted it but the security were even disgusted by it.

Put me off going again t b h.
>>
>>8721025
One of the security men told us we couldnt come in with food from spar on the Sunday too
>>
>>8721025
Also I saw people with pizza boxes inside and I let them know that but whoever was there just repeated herself over and over like she didn't understand me.
>>
>>8721025
what were you going near the desk for? just get the food and bring it in, say nothing like.
the staff would be obligated to enforce the policy, same with the volunteers, but it's better to ask forgiveness than permission in this case.
also, put it in a bag or so.

laughing at you? what the fuck kind of shit did you try and bring in, and what floor were you eating on? like, I find it very hard to believe that people were laughing at you. when there's literally weirdos everywhere.

disgusted by what?
>>
First thing I did on Saturday afternoon when I arrived was go to an anime screening and take a big fucking hefter of a roll out of my bag from Centra and started tucking into it, nobody cared. Also had two bottles of drink, a bag of Tayto and some Smarties thrown in for the day for good measure. Why not just bring pre-prepared food with you in your bag when you know how shite the con food's gonna be and that any half-decent places is about 10 minutes walk away from the convention itself?
>>
>>8721029
right. honestly. I'd just hide it. cos those kind of rules are just bullshit, and completely unenforceable like. cos of the american candy section you could just say you bought it at the con, or that you made it yourself, or any number of things. once you're in who cares

>>8721032
odds are they snuck them in a bag or so.

bullshit rules can be broken.
>>
>>8721038
exactly. it's a policy that's basically unenforceable honestly. just keep it out of their site while going in. when you're at a table work away doing whatever.
>>
>>8721000
In a strange way, I've an idea of the sort of con I want but don't know if it's me being rose-tinted about it or what?

Funding's the big issue, really. Maybe trying a different model than the othercons with something more akin to Worldcon where you're buying membership of a con, rather than just paying an entrance fee. So you've entitlements like a say in how the con allocates its budget, or who sits on the committee, or even just a general theme or ideal. More like being a shareholder in an LLC, than a customer, but that's a very coarse analogy. (Which also gives a handy refunding mechanism if it goes titsup early)

The best cons are the ones where people feel like they have a stake in it happening. A lot of the early cons felt like that - people went because they wanted the con to happen, rather than just for a good time. Not crowdfunding the whole thing, but something simiar.

While people who pay at the door get.... Hey, welcome. Have fun.

It's some ideas I've been screwing around with on paper for a while, but can't make the sums work and can't figure on enough people being interested in it to make it worth trying.

Old joke. the best way to make a little bit of money with a convention is to start with a lot.
>>
>>8721047
personally, I hate the idea of volunteering at cons or any of that sort of stuff, I leave that to other people who need event volunteering or organising on their cv's or whatever. the benefits are not worth the downside at all for me.

as for budgets or any of that stuff... many parts can run themselves. once you've the venue with food onsite, projected numbers, and so on it's fine.

your con could start with the cheap things: tabletop gaming, anime screenings, merch booth, cosplay masquerade, cosplay guests and panels.

they to me are the cheapest things to me, and starting small build up the atmosphere and funds to work up.
big purchase: games room stuff, or partnering with a gaming society or whatnot.
>>
>>8721010
You're the one prolonging it. Considering you jumped to "mountain dew" insults and now it's "autists". You're the kind of fucking idiot who makes cons bad. If your first thoughts are those and "my integrity of casual party game matches" then just, my sympathies. Yikes.
>>
>>8721057
I've done it. It can be fun at times and a quick way to meet friends. It stopped being fun when I started coming across more and more entitled people who started treating con-staff more like mindless employees than fellow fans actually working to make the event happen.

It's been in the back of my mind for a while. Otakucon made me think better of it and I'd need more than myself to run it.

I've a collection of older con programs from before VA guests became a thing, so I know what a con can run on without one. 'Fandom' guests maybe. Also. I hear ballpits are cheap too.

The irony being, the one guest I would want to see at a con would be the one guest I could guarantee I'd be the only person in all of a con the size of Eirtakon who actually wanted that person there. It'd be a really interesting panel, but not the sort of panel people are interested in.

Because then there's the balance of commercial realities against 'shit I think is cool'. The Fandom won't agree with me on many things I like.

I had a figure of 14-20k at one stage on paper, based on 2nd hand information and a number of other things.

That, and calling it Twocon would annoy Diageo.
>>
>>8721035
Why do you think I went to the desk? They saw us coming in with food, stopped us and told us to sit on the floor. This wasn't a single event there were about 5 or more groups of people sitting on the steps and floor right next to the entrance.
>>
>>8721082
Obviously they weren't making enough and decided to ban outside food.
>>
>>8721082
>>8721086

odds are it was part of the agreement for the venue, in order to reduce the price to rent it. they gotta get a percentage from the event one way or the other.

so, in general there does have to be a level of people who buy food onsite for things like this to work out...

but yeah, don't have the food visible when you come in honestly. it sucks but they gotta do what they have to keep the venue happy. it's the same thing with having the third floor being the smoking area despite the steps from 5 to exit being just as good a smoking area but also being banned. just part of the deal.
>>
>>8721080
I would agree with the banter of being event volunteers. it's pretty alright like, but I never had issue with making friends with the volunteers as an attendee to be honest. that way I don't have to have the early starts or the assigned duties at certain parts(if I had to be one of the wristband people at the front door or screening room operators I'd go stir crazy).

I've ran big events/volunteered while I was in college before, and it was a good way to talk to people and all that, but I found that the more you put into it the less you get out of it, and that always annoyed me.

with a con you're not there to please yourself. you're there to please a majority just enough that they'll come back.
>>
>>8721098
It felt like it became something of a thankless job, really. I recognise a few faces still doing it. And some of the committee of other cons started as greenshirts - or just random attendees who hung around too long and got asked to help haul a table out of the Hub and mucked in.

Good staff officers tend to be able to get people to the events they really want to see while still making the con enjoyable and getting stuff done. It's a bit of a juggle, but it can be done. We did mighty things - like the year half the 'staff' never bothered to show up. And we ran out of con badges so had to photocopy some rapidly.

Screening rooms can be fine to decompress sometimes. Dark. Quiet. No muppets. A little Megazone 23 or the like would go a long way toward an interested audience.
>>
File: 1446904104451.jpg (232 KB, 1641x1478) Image search: [Google]
1446904104451.jpg
232 KB, 1641x1478
>>8720661
>Fighting game
>Smash
>>
>>8721371
i felt dirty typing it in the first place. but it breeds the same moronic kind of players
>>
File: 1363146379694.jpg (63 KB, 510x500) Image search: [Google]
1363146379694.jpg
63 KB, 510x500
They shouldn't call them "Gourmet Burgers". If they just called them "burgers" I'd be less disappointed.

What did people think of Croker's menu?
4.50 for a drinky pot of curry chips! It's a fuckin' steal, mate!
>>
Anyone else get the flu?
>>
>>8722246
no but I got the splunts
>>
>>8722246
I got the shits

My main gripe was the lifts and how apparently you weren't allowed to use them.
>>
File: 1440444312541.jpg (67 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1440444312541.jpg
67 KB, 1024x768
>reports of flu and the shits

You brought it on yourselves for eating the shite they were selling, kek
>>
>>8720525
>>8720519
The thing is it's not known what happened to the money. Darren was a terrible accountant and should never have been in charge despite his best intentions. He worked hard at it but couldn't do balance sheets, but people kept electing him in cause nobody else wanted to do it and also he had sole control over the bank account.

Now it's possible someone took money at the reg desk or he didn't list expenses but the accounts after the con last year weren't working out with what Darren was saying. I hope he didn't take the money and it is very likely he didn't and is innocent. Maybe the current committee can go over the books and sort them out? Maybe they already have? I don't know.

Other factors leading to Nom's demise was poor organisation. Lots of people worked very very hard on the con (I wish you all knew just how much time and effort went into the event) but some people didn't pull their weight or were more concerned about less important issues. The online presence for the con was bungled during several years and there was poor advertising. DCC and MCM appearing around the same time just finished off the event plus the rivalry with arcadecon just destroyed both cons as was predicted.

It's a sad story really as the con had potential but hopefully other cons will learn from this and the con scene will get better.
>>
>>8720519
I thought the venue was pissed at them for the idiot committee members drinking from their car on Saturday night and refused to have NomCon back.

Security was going to close the whole con done over it, and had him move his car.

Are you sure about the money?
>>
>>8722416
Didn't even eat their absurdly overpriced crap and I've got the worst con flu I can remember having. The flu has been going around in general and Croke Park's stuffy enclosed corridors dont help.
>>
>>8722568
>>8722568

Weren't people always drinking outside nom con anyway? Why was the car a problem?
>>
>>8722416

>for eating the shite they were selling, kek

that's not how the flu spreads you gobshite.
>>
>>8722568
100% sure. I've heard it from many reputable sources, including the Nom Con founders themselves. I don't know anything about Darren stealing, but they definitely just do not have enough money to run the convention anymore, and Darren is owed several thousands.

They said they're going to try and make up some money by selling their equipment etc. to other cons.
>>
>>8722595
People must have the weakest immune systems ever. I've been going to nearly every con since 2012 and I've never got sick after one
>>
>>8722406
Lifts were usually a massive pain when they were open in previous years, not surprised they closed em off.
>>
>>8722677
That's what happens when you live in your basement all year and only surface to oogle at some 3d anime girls
>>
>>8722684
Nah m8 I got it too. It's the venue, everyone's on top of each other.
>>
>>8722620
I'll spread my projectile liquidy shite all across your face in a minute, turbocunt.
>>
>>8722610
It was the cocktail guy and committee, who should know better.
I saw the hotel security go mental.

But if the reason is money, then the venue excuse is just a sad lie.
>>
>>8722776

Seminal fluids is not the right answer either. You're getting warmer though!
>>
File: 1430053752942.jpg (76 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
1430053752942.jpg
76 KB, 500x464
>>8722830
>projectile diarrhea
>seminal fluids
>>
>>8721727
I didn't eat at the con but on Saturday I spent 8e on a side bowl of thin chips (my fave) and a side bowl of caesar salad at the hotel and it went down a treat.
>>
>>8722406
My main gripe was that the stairs to leave Croker weren't open early on Friday evening, I came over to pre-reg and sign up for the cocktail panel and wanted to leave the venue to chill out at the hotel but ended up getting pissed off as I didn't want to use the lifts as I'm not a lazy fuck and I didn't want to hang about waiting for them.
>>
>>8722620
Not eating properly at cons when combined with not hydrating and a lack of sleep can lower your resistance to colds though
>>
>>8722842

To be fair, I've seen the word 'shite' used to describe exactly that. But ah sure, doesn't change that you're wrong! Either that, or you're using 'flu' the completely wrong way, not to be confused with 'stomach flu' which is spread around by your liquidy shite.
>>
>>8722810
Cocktail guy? You mean Trial by Bar guy?
>>
>>8722861
In the US and UK con crud is used to describe illness required at con, in the UK post-con lurgy is also used.

Whilst con funk is used for the stinky coming from unwashed bodies
>>
>>8722869
So thats what con funk means, it came up in cards against anime and I got rather confused
>>
File: firewall.jpg (81 KB, 600x907) Image search: [Google]
firewall.jpg
81 KB, 600x907
>>8722885
Sometimes called Fench.

So anyway. Shit in the notbook (not a typo) right now:
Cosplay guest. Prefereably nothing too exotic.
Decent quality and variety of showings (i.e., things from before 2014, back to the 70's.)
A few panels. Maybe try find some interesting panellists out there, who'l run a panel for a free weekend.
A decent bar nearby. Not some student shithole.
A weird administrative structure
Ballpits are cheap, I hear.
4-500 people should do that, right?

The more I look at this thing, the more I want to do it and the more I realise it probably can't be done because too many people want a headline VA guest these days. Going without just wouldn't dig up interest. And I'd rather a creator rather than an actor.

That and I'm dirt broke right now.
>>
File: top.png (249 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
top.png
249 KB, 358x358
Hey Guy's

What if I was to tell you that Smash isn't a fighting game.
>>
>>8723006
what's your obsession with ballpits?

based on the notion of con flu, a ballpit sounds like a terrible idea. unless you're gonna wash it out the whole time. that place'll be stink by the first day.
>>
>>8723119
Ballpit is a meme you dip
>>
>>8723130
ah right.

another thing for eirtakon. cocktail panel and whiskey tasting on at same time???
>>
>>8723143
Two different audiences with two different tastes.

>>8723119
What is 'Dashcon'.
I have that sense of humour.
I'm under no illusions of what would happen if I tried to actually launch the bloody thing.
And if I did, 2017 or 2018 or something like that.
>>
File: dash con ball pit1.jpg (252 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
dash con ball pit1.jpg
252 KB, 1024x512
>>8723119
Ballpit is a reference to Dashcon, a Tumblr con (though not officially associated with Tumblr) which failed badly, it was on in 2014 the same weekend as ArcadeCon.

One of the events was a reading by the cast of Welcome to Nightvale, which was not included in the basic ticket. Anyway WtNV wouldn't perform unless they were paid upfront and walked when DC said they'd pay them after the event.

In lieu of refunding peoples money DC said 'you can have an extra hour in the ballpit'

Apparently someone peed in the ballpit and it had deflated sometime during the con

Here's the DC BP looking all sad and lonely
>>
>>8723251
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DashCon
>>
Where were the Irish lolis at Eirtakon?
>>
>>8723251
well okay, but honestly If I could have I would have went to the cocktail panel and the whiskey tasting. but then somone told me the cocktail panel is just the people inventing stupid drinks on the spot or something??

at least with the whiskey tasting I come out having learned something.
>>
File: NickLaughsAgain.gif (2 MB, 332x215) Image search: [Google]
NickLaughsAgain.gif
2 MB, 332x215
>>8723251
>different audiences
>different tastes
>Implying people going to those panels have discerning taste and aren't just there for the ethanol.
>Implying given the option, people wouldn't go to both

We jus wanna get crunked, brah
>>
>>8723419
>lolis
No.
>>
I searched on the farms to see if anyone had made a thread on Lizzie and instead I found comedy gold in the form of Boaman5435

The guy talking about his snakes and reptiles had me in stitches on the way home on the bus.

You don't have to look far for this shit, it comes up in the first page if you google his name.

His parents are epic enablers buying him all sorts of reptiles including a fecking green anaconda.

And his scream when he gets bitten or a snake even strikes at him is hilarious (it occurs seconds into this video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ9TC3bhJ5k
>>
>>8724563

For fuck sake

'You gotta tap your burmese python with a hook'
You also gotta keep your burmese python in a large enough tank too though fat ass

'A very intelligent lizard that you have to take care of'
You have to take care of any lizard you have as a pet dumbfuck

I was waiting for that fat fuck to be bitten on the face by that baby python

Just saw the first page of the thread and I have to agree with the poster who said he reminded them of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL-QrMTY-Ms
>>
File: 1421326535838.jpg (407 KB, 1108x831) Image search: [Google]
1421326535838.jpg
407 KB, 1108x831
>>8723454
This nigga gets it.

I enjoyed the bit of trivia about the whiskey as we went along (the same way I enjoyed the trivia about the cocktails last year too) and giving it a taste, but getting fucked was my main motivator for going. Let's call a spade a spade, lads.
>>
File: 1410211861697.jpg (26 KB, 265x308) Image search: [Google]
1410211861697.jpg
26 KB, 265x308
As an Irishman, I am disappointed that you autists and degenerates exist in my country. I would have thought that our great drinking and pub/club culture would have weeded out all of this weeb shit.
>>
>>8724689
Didn't have enough to get drunk. 4 small measures of whiskey wouldn't get a 4 year old drunk.
>>
>>8724989
I know but we were supposed to get more. That and the fact I was planning on going to the cocktail panel the hour before and it was full by mid-afternoon.
>>
>>8724999
I felt so sorry for Michael, he seemed genuinely sad that he couldn't get a hold of more of the good stuff. At least we got the partial refund and the courtesy extra shot.
>>
>>8725000
Ah yeah, but sure it turned out grand in the end anyway. A few people at the con had the right idea, though. Went out onto the stairwell so one of my mates could have a smoke and there were cans all over the place on one flight of stairs away from all the security. Will probably bring some vodka in with me next year. Did it for a few screenings last year and had some good craic.
>>
>>8725000
Micheal was a genuine fan with his own obsessions, like all of us. Which is why we like him.
>>
>>8725148
Fuck sake, do you want it to turn up here?
>>
File: 1407264000933.png (786 KB, 834x557) Image search: [Google]
1407264000933.png
786 KB, 834x557
>>
So has there been any news about the assault at Arcade Con?
>>
>>8725162
Jesus Christ looks like the hornones
he bought online is starting to kick in

>>8725275
Cant say that and not go into details
>>
>>8725283
Not much of a secret. Some guy locked the door to the screening room and then attempted to assault a female member of the staff that was in there on her own. You can get the full details on old 4chan threads that are archived most likely.
>>
>>8725162
Spoiler that hog
>>
>>8725545
Naw, I meant has anyone been charged yet?
>>
So now that the dust has settled, who thinks Eirtakon in the Hub was the best?
>>
File: Bows at Eirtakon.jpg (113 KB, 915x960) Image search: [Google]
Bows at Eirtakon.jpg
113 KB, 915x960
Pic from Eirta of a guy with a real bow. Can't tell if the arrows are legit or not.

Does this make anyone else feel uneasy?
>>
>>8727263
What a terrible Cosplay, do people even try anymore?
>>
>>8727263
Dude had some rough backne if I recall.
>>
>>8727263
The arrows look pretty legit to me.
Juuuust a tad...concerning
>>
>>8727263
>>8727871

Are you guys serious right now? You're scared of a dude with a bow and arrow?
>>
>>8727895
>why are you concerned about someone breaking basic prop safety regulations??
>>
>>8727897

You guys just seem weirdly scared of a bow and arrow when I'd be more scared walking through Dublin to get to the convention.
>>
>>8727906
Dublin's not scary unless you haven't the cop on to avoid people falling around the street, or are really, really unlucky.
>>
>>8727907
>outside a pizza place on Talbot Street last night with 2 mates
>a guy who clearly used to be a junkie catches us outside and gives us his life story
>he means well but I can't help but laugh everytime I look at the expression on one mate's face, which is "Fuck this guy get away from me" but is too nice to tell him to go away
>he finishes after about 15 minutes
>mates can't get away fast enough
>I miss my bus by 10 seconds soon after

Based Dublin
>>
>those nails

Repulsive
>>
>>8727662
Why do a cosplay like that if you have rough backne? That's fucking disgusting.
>>
Who is the blonde semen demon?
>>
>>8727906
I think people are just concerned more than scared. Walking around with real weapons could get the event closed down cause it is illegal last I checked, or you know accidents can happen. It's not unheard of for stupid people to swing about real swords while posing or messing about and then hit someone, or for someone to have an arrow nocked and pulled back which leads to either someone banging into their back and them falling over with it or letting their fingers slip. I think the last thing your want at a con is to get a real arrow to the knee.
>>
File: image.jpg (503 KB, 1536x1948) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
503 KB, 1536x1948
>>8728064
>>
>>8728078
Pls leave my ticket desk waifu alone ;_;
>>
File: image.jpg (393 KB, 1536x1772) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
393 KB, 1536x1772
>>8728084
>>
>>8728097
That's more like it.
>>
>>8727895
You are aware that real weapons could get the con into legal trouble?
>>
Did anyone see the fat slob in the faded marvel tshirt?

The stink off him was unreal from two feet away, he asked me if I wanted him to hold the lift for me, fuck nope lol
>>
>>8727897
Regulations? In Ireland, we call them guideline to hit people over the head with when they act like a dick.
>>
>>8720694
Splunt for Smash.
>>
>>8728084
I have her number if you want it ;)
>>
>>8728659
Pls gib, I want to find out what she's been fisting. Will report back with results.
>>
>>8728073
That's what I'm more worried about.
Not that he has any malicious intent, but accidents happen.
And cons are full of sweaty-fingered dumbfucks eager to show off.

>>8727263
Who the fuck is he even cosplaying?
>>
File: 51ByvwsG-0L._SY355_.jpg (19 KB, 237x355) Image search: [Google]
51ByvwsG-0L._SY355_.jpg
19 KB, 237x355
>>8728822
Arrow from the TV series.
>>
>>8728828
I wouldn't have recognised it with the receding hair line, lazy eye and poorly drawn scars/tattoos. Mustard coloured pants too, it's really bad.
>>
>>8708101

Pretty sure the Irish con mentioned in this thread is Eirtakon
>>
Anyone get a picture of the lass dressed as ken kaneki on friday at Eirtakon. I swear she was wearing bondage dress. Nice chest but was with some weedy blonde guy.
>>
File: ye.jpg (205 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
ye.jpg
205 KB, 720x1280
Daily reminder that this is the type of scum some people associate with in the Irish con scene...
>>
ay b0ss
>>
>>8729608
What a cunt.
>>
>>8729608
LULZ, she's not in the con scene anymore though. Fucking moron.

She's only saying this because she has a crush on a Muslim lesbian who isn't interested in her and thinks by stanning for Islam this girl is going to want her, it doesn't work that way, she's not going to be interested in a huge drama llama
>>
She's the darksidephil of SJW's
>>
>>8729734
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
We can't let it die now lads. We've come too far
>>
File: 1396833256881.jpg (81 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
1396833256881.jpg
81 KB, 500x295
>>8731180
Con season is over, brah.

We'll have the bantz next year.

Anything else til that point just turns into bitching out certain prominent individuals which gets our shit purged/locked.
>>
File: 1439389849878.png (786 KB, 857x746) Image search: [Google]
1439389849878.png
786 KB, 857x746
>>8731347
I don't want the bantz to end here
>>
Ach who feels bad for the wee dote who got announced as director for NomCon like a few months before the whole thing came crashing down? Fuckin tragic for her like.
>>
>>8731507
What was her name?
>>
>>8731507
She's been on the committee for while and knew the score. I don't think it was a surprise really. From what I know I heard they did wanted to run next year but the Ballsbridge Hotel is getting demolished and other venue's are raising their prices so just wasn't possible anymore. Plus they did really shitty this year.
Thread replies: 173
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.