[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nekocon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12
Any VA gulls going to Nekocon? pic unrelated.
>>
File: Yuuka_Kazami.jpg (817 KB, 1200x923) Image search: [Google]
Yuuka_Kazami.jpg
817 KB, 1200x923
I am, it will be pretty cool.
>>
>>8689084
Yep, it's my favorite small con.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tOxmGLeBCayMFZhGWOzzgk5VUUBlZ5v2TY-0nohOM4Y/htmlview?pli=1
Here's the schedule if helps anyone.
>>
Yup I am going as space dandy
>>
>>8689381
>Yep, it's my favorite small con

Isn't neko con one of the larger cons in VA?
>>
>>8689431
Probably, but I meant small in general, specifically when compared to Katsucon, Otakon, Anime Boston, AWA, etc.
>>
Yaaaa I'll be there. I'm one of the mascots so if you see me say hi lol
>>
I am going! Excited for Rinrin Doll and the lolita social!
>>
>>8689431
largest con in VA is not sayin much anon
>>
Might be going, if I didn't get banned after some shit from the previous con I went to.
>>
>>8691945
what?
>>
Im going to help my bro with his panels and maybe hang at my friend's booth for a bit.
>>
>>8690801
Eh, its smaller than Katsu, which is a regional level con.
>>
I am going, first nekocon
>>
Anyone doing a meetup like cgl does at other cons? I don't mind going and getting a few beers or something
>>
>>8689084
Yep, going to be in lolita most of the time.
>>
>>8689576
Which one?
>>
>>8694522
I don't think there's one planned since it's a smaller con, but if someone named a time and place for one, I'd probably show up.
>>
>>8694991
IIRC there was a small meetup at the bar in the hotel attached to the con

Park Lane tavern is really good for a beer and definitely good for food. I'd say we do 5:30 or 6 on Saturday at park lane tavern for some beer and food, I think that's when most of the panels have ended
>>
>>8693836
Against my better judgement, I want to meet you IRL.
>>
>>8695677
Why does everyone act like they are worried? Clownbro is chill as hell.
>>
>>8695677
Feel free. I love meeting folks, and promise to make you a balloon animal.

>>8695910
Im a little rough looking, I admit. A few people commented my accent is a little off putting.
>>
File: tumblr_m58jmx1pAe1qljuc7o3_250.gif (480 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m58jmx1pAe1qljuc7o3_250.gif
480 KB, 245x200
>>8696129
Not trying to be mean or anything but your accent makes me think of pic related. Thats not a bad thing! Its charming!
>>
>>8696358
>Not trying to be mean
:(
>>
I'm going with my Uni's anime club, since my school is paying for 80% of all costs. I'd be down to head to a meet so I can forget I have a P Chem exam the following week ;w;
>>
>>8692314
That's for me to vaguely allude to without explicitly saying because you'll more likely than not disbelieve that the other party lied, anyways. Nonetheless, it was a valuable learning experience.
>>
>>8698098
Are you the transexual maid that got banned for starting shit at last year's neko?
>>
>>8699283
The older asian one that has the booth that sells airsoft and Jrock stuff?
>>
>>8699283
>>8699601
Nah, got in verbal altercation with some little shit at AMA and she accused me of harassment. The events leading up to it are an embarrassing example of not realizing an obvious bad idea, so I'm not going to elaborate.
>>
>>8699684
Speaking of altercations did anyone see the lame ass "fight" in the dealer's room last AMA?? does anyone know what happened? Did either of the guys get kicked out?
>>
>>8699601
No white older one that tried to get into the lolita tea party wearing a maid costume.
>>
>>8696396
At least you're not Bill.
>>
I've only been to '13 Nekocon as far any anime conventions go, but I took Friday off work and want to be there all day Friday and Saturday. Not cosplaying, but hoping to keep my spaghetti in my pants and ask for pics with anyone cool.

Also gonna be playin in the MtG grand melee on Saturday, but that's more /tg/.
>>
>>8701871
I'm going to be taking photos since this is my local backyard con, but I can't find any photo shoot info, is it all on cosplay . com or some other website?
>>8699283
....holy shit what the fuck
>>
>>8701978
It's such a small con that I'd be surprised if there even are any gatherings and whatnot. I'd check the FB pages to see if there is anything.
>>
>>8701978
>....holy shit what the fuck

This con is the most fun con I've ever been to and also one of the most weirdest; and I have been to a pony con
>>
>>8702869
I don't mind doing a few beers at park lane tavern or something just /cgl/ ish
>>
How's the line this year? Send a picture if possible.
>>
File: 20151106_093610.jpg (3 MB, 4608x2592) Image search: [Google]
20151106_093610.jpg
3 MB, 4608x2592
>>8703884
It's not terrible. I've been here about half an hour now, probably got another 15-20 min
>>
It's 1 and already drunk and high nerds are here what the he'll. I though my friend was joking about the kind of people at this con but I guess this IS Hampton roads after all
>>
>>8696396
Are you the big guy in black with sideburns? Why did you get an associate pass?
>>
>>8704208
He was in armor earlier. Not as big as I thought he'd be.
>>
>>8704208
>>8704678
You guys are pathetic.
>>
File: 1432865408245.jpg (472 KB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
1432865408245.jpg
472 KB, 708x1000
So who had fun? I was disappointed by the fact there wasn't a single Maki-chan cosplayer. I took selfies with everyone LL I could find but no one I talked to saw one.
>>
>>8706285
Kinda a mixed bag. Pros: Saw some amazing cosplay for Neko, did the Undertale meetup, bought some brand, got to meet three other seagulls and see Gropey's panel.

Cons: THE FUCKING NERDCORE SHOW. Shyguy ALWAYS hops off stage to interact with the crowd, and the second he did, THEY SHUT THE WHOLE SHOW DOWN. FTGE.
After that, an unsealed homesuck troll smeared grey on my blouse sleeve in the dealers room.
>>
>>8706299
I think there was overall pretty great cosplay this year, even in the droves of garbage Edward Elrics and Kiritos.

And yeah, I pretty much never bother with the Main Event shit. Went to the Masquerade for a bit, the Deal or No Deal looked fun enough, but I spent most of time after 7 just kinda standing around people watching. While I do want to cosplay at some point, it's pretty damn nice to be able to just breathe and not be worried about being bothered.

Also, those Snow Bell (or whatever song/card they are) LL girls were super nice. I asked for a selfie but they were in the middle of a shoot (I'd thought they just wrapped up) so they told me sometime later, and they actually came and found me probably 20-30 minutes later and asked if I still wanted that pic. A+ girls.
>>
>>8706299
>Closed down the whole nerdcore show on the first set for hi fiving a fan

Why do people go to this con?
>>
What the fuck happened with the dance last night?
>>
>>8706285
Loved:
cosplayers and the crowd, this con is worth it just for that
partying with folks
how chill the vendors were with stuff, and surprisingly cheap compared to other cons
some of the panels people were really awesome and hilarious loved the interaction with the crowd

hated:
the dance both nights(friday night completely sucks dick) not sure what happened last night but I just stood in line for an hour or so only to give up because they stopped something?
the "gophers" or whatever they were called all acted like they had giant sticks up their asses
>>
>>8706318
The con itself is fun, however the people running and working in the con are complete idiots. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE neko con it's probably one of my favorite cons but the management and rules of this con is complete shit. Every time I go to it, it appears that every worker or vendor or panelist just makes up the rules as they go. Out of the multiple years I have gone this is the first time I was told I couldn't bring in my water/soda bottle even though the day before no one said shit about it. Last year a panelist just sat up and yelled at people while drinking vodka and asking people to play video games. You also just have "staff" who use their neko con "abilities" to do stupid shit

This con has the worst management possible and surprised it is still running but I love the fuck out of it.
>>
someone please tell me the hot fallout lone wanderer is gay. please.
>>
>>8706959
Here's my experience with the staff this weekend.

>have a deactivated airsoft pistol with magazine and working slide, get it peace bonded no problem
>double check with the guy, says it's ok as is
>next day, an overweight furry staff member walks up to me and demands to see my pistol
>give it to him
>he takes out the magazine and tells me it shouldn't be loaded
>meanwhile 3 anime /k/ guys walk past holding assault rifles with magazines with no problem

I ended up putting the magazine back in right after, no fucks given.
>>
>>8707377
dude I just fucking walked in trying to finish my chick-fi-la and was told by a "gopher" that my drink wasn't allowed and I had to throw it away.

I seriously had no fucking clue why since regular staff had 0 problems with it those gophers suck dick. Honestly staff wasn't the problem it was the fact that ANYONE who said they would be a gopher got it and abused the fuck out of it. I wish someone would tell them off on facebook so far complaints got deleted
>>
>>8706285
I didn't really have that much fun since barely any of my friends could show, was just foreveralone most of the time. I played in the ultra street fighter 4 and persona 4 ultimax tourneys on friday and ended up just killing time in the game room until the hiroshi kitadani concert (which is really what I came for) on saturday, didn't bother showing up today since I felt like I'd be pretty much doing the same thing but for a much shorter time period.
>>
>>8707437
Sunday was a complete power trip of volenteers going over what they couldn't do the night before. The worst thing aside from the gaming hall was the fact that anyone who wanted to be a volenteer got it regardless their background
>>
>>8707444
well shit, definitely glad I didn't have to deal with that. I actually kinda thought about coming today because of the possibility that maybe I would be able to at least meet some cool people still. But then I thought about my experiences trying to mingle and talk to other people friday and saturday and decided against it.
>>
>>8707455
Yeah not being a hater just waiting for a flight so quick response.

I dunno there were a lot of complaints about the staff/gophers, basically you could sign up without any background check. Today all they were doing was try to "prove" they needed to be hired so think the shitties mall cops ever.

Don't get me wrong I love this con but it is getting progressively worse
>>
Also did the dance last night really get fucked up?
>>
>>8707464
>progressively worse
Yeah, this is the third year since I've started going and it really feels like management just blows. I loved my time, I'll go back again next year, but they really need to step up and get shit taken care of.

Also, for the first time ever I went to shit in the main event hall. Everytime the announcer/whatever the hell totally baits for a cheer or rounding applause, never happened. Just some fucking trash weebs making their jokes with great "timing" and everyone laughing at that. Won't be going to main events again. Just gonna chill with whoevers chill.
>>
>>8706285
It was pretty fun, most of the lolita panels were pretty good. Plus RinRin doll was really adorable and super sweet.
>>
>>8707784
The girl running that fashion show is ridiculous. No models, no planning, came in late by thirty minutes and just had the real organizer pull people from the line.
>>
I hope you guys had fun, because I know I didn't ;w;
>Drive people there Friday
>Wake up with panic attack Saturday
>Drive 2.5 hours back to school so I can study for Physical Chemistry and write a 15 page Biochem lab report
>Have to drive back today to pick people up and drive back

I don't know why I did this
>>
>>8707856
This girl has been doing the same shit for years now and I wonder why they haven't fired her yet.
>>
I had fun, but mostly just people watching and going into the vendors room. Last year my friends and I had scheduled all the panels we wanted to see and we also bought a lot of stuff but this year we mainly people watched because we had no idea what was going on. Maybe I'm old school, and maybe they were just trying to be eco friendly, but I would have preferred a regular paper schedule rather than an electronic one, especially since they put them in dark spots/ spots with heavy traffic so it was hard to scan them.
>>
>>8707377
>Assualt Rifles
top kek learn about guns
(disclaimer I was with them hanging out
>>
>>8708620
>implying assault rifle is an incorrect term for AR-15s and AKMs
>>
>>8708620
Look who's talking, faggot.
Assault rifle and assault weapon are not interchangeable terms. One is a buzzword liberals like to use to scare people. The other is a select-fire rifle with a detachable magazine.
>>
>>8706285
There was, I was the black guy taking a bunch of pictures on Saturday at the main LL shoot.

The cosplay game was shockingly on point!
>>
>>8708687
Yeah I wound up coming across a great Maki on Sunday. Started chatting for a bit but I completely dropped my spaghetti out of my pockets, real shame cuz she was pretty cute. Also noticed later that my pic with her was stupid blurry, pretty upset.
>>
>>8708530
There were paper schedules. They were given out with badges and the little baggie you got at registration. I used mine all weekend, it's stupid creased and looks really roughed up.
>>
After going to other cons I never realized how poorly managed this con is, maybe AWA and otakon aren't fair comparisions but damn
>>
>wait 15 minutes past the panel schedule time for the Voice Actors After Dark 18+ panel
>expect a personal and intimate gathering of some VAs around a table taking questions and sharing horror stories or adult jokes
>come in, 2 VAs I don't care about are there and some dude in a luchador mask with a PS4 on the table
>projector is on the game Until Dawn
>"We're going to play this game, sorta like a 'Twitch Plays' and you decide the outcomes"

Didn't they have this exact same fucking panel on one of the previous days? I sat up and looked at the guy next to me I was chatting briefly with and said "I didn't fucking come here to see this shit" and walked right out.

According to a comment on the facebook group they used that as an ice breaker and still played the game but occasionally paused to do the thing.

How impersonal and false advertising. I was fucking furious. Wasted five hours in between panels doing nothing to end up with that? Fucking bullshit.

I heard Nekocon staff in general was pretty off this year too and that the panels weren't all that great...but I had a good time because this was the first time I was able to spoil myself rotten.

My weekend was made mostly thanks to Erica Mendez and getting her autograph but still. 6/10 from me.
>>
>>8707856
Was this girl that was running the fashion show wearing glasses, had short hair and kind of nasally tone?

What exactly was the problem?
>>
>>8709218
The panels for neko-con have felt like ass for the past few cons, honestly I only go for the socail aspect of it anymore
>>
>>8707856
The black one or the one with the pig nose?
>>
Didn't even know there was a Neko thread and started one accidentally. My bad. Here, have a milfy looking Bulma I took a pic of.
>>
So is Undertale the new thing that people are cosplaying everywhere?

Or is it Steven Universe?
>>
>>8704208
Yep. I did a panel with my bro.

>>8704678
I hope you mean that as "not as chubby".

>>8704992
>attending an anime con.

>>8706299
>>8706318
That was the biggest load of shit in the fucking con. They were claiming Shyguy staged dived and had booze on stage and all the shit they can to not seem like the turds they are.

>>8707444
>a complete power trip of volenteers
In general, they were super shitty this year.

>>8709403
I counted many more shitty SU cosplays than Undertale.
>>
>>8709403
steven universe will still be worse than undertale. plenty of people on tumblr are too triggered by undertale to like it. There are even a couple big "UNDERTALE IS BAD AND GASLIGHTS YOU" posts going around.
>>
>>8709622
>plenty of people on tumblr are too triggered by undertale to like it. There are even a couple big "UNDERTALE IS BAD AND GASLIGHTS YOU" posts going around.

Hopefully it keeps the majority of shit fandom folks away then.
>>
>>8709403
Steven Universe sucks because there is like 0 effort put into any cosplay, it's basically the new homestuck.

I don't even know how many "SU cosplayers" I saw
>>
Anyone have any Metal Gear cosplay photos from Nekocon?
>>
>>8689422
Were you the guy who bought out everyone's tab at the embassy bar?

Fuck you were dandy
>>
>>8709666
Also, like Homestuck, most of the characters are difficult to cosplay and require bodypaint. It would be hard to cosplay SU well even if you genuinely tried, and it seems like few people do.
>>
>>8709799
>most of the characters are difficult to cosplay and require bodypain
I forgot I had this tab open but I really hope you forgot to do a "aren't" there.

SU cosplayers, the purple one, are just like I'M FAT AND WEARING BODY PAINT THAT IS PURPLE LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT AND RUB MY PAINT ON YOU"
>>
>>8709231
Not that one. The chubby black girl organized the fashion show.
>>
>>8709673
>>8709269
I switched over to pure photography + chilling with my 757/804 bros, and I'm happy I didn't go to the panels (Did not expect them to get a JAM project singer at this con, it looks like Jam loves the VA/DC/MD area since they are here all the time.
>>
>>8709010
I came on Saturday, so maybe only the people who came on Thursday or Friday got them. I met up with my friend who came with her sisters and she said that only one of the three of them got a paper schedule. We also compared the paper schedule and the online schedule and there were quite a few things that didn't match up. Anyways, we still had fun but just didn't attend as many panels as we did last year.
>>
File: DSC06571-5.jpg (3 MB, 4000x2463) Image search: [Google]
DSC06571-5.jpg
3 MB, 4000x2463
>>8709006
It did come out better than planned which I am happy about.

>>8709197
Ota was pretty bad this year just because the convention center was full but their photo setup was decent enough. I am going to skip 2016 ota, I'll wait for DC.
>>
>>8710586
Damn, I missed more LL girls. My goal was to take pics with each of them, and I was there for damn 32 hours this weekend. It's astonishing how much you're still abe to miss when you're there so much.
>>
>>8709622
>>8709649
I got hatemail bc I used the term genocide run kek
>>
File: DSC00365.jpg (279 KB, 965x642) Image search: [Google]
DSC00365.jpg
279 KB, 965x642
>>8709673
I'll dump what I little have, anon.
>>
File: DSC00327.jpg (218 KB, 612x919) Image search: [Google]
DSC00327.jpg
218 KB, 612x919
>>8711435
>>
>>8711452
>>
>>8711455
>>
>>8710433
"Organized" my ass. She stood there while glasses girl lined up all the Lolitas because there was no plan, no music, no talking. Honestly, I'm probably going to take charge next year.
>>
>>8712307
>Honestly, I'm probably going to take charge next year.
Lol and who are you?
>>
>>8712714
I was thinking the same thing. I only know a handful of people I would want and trust to run the j fashion department.
>>
>>8712307
Is it me or is the tactical maid the best lolita?

>inb4 military surplus best burando
>>
>>8711435
>>8711452
>>8711455
>>8711460
Thanks so much for sharing!
>>
I love how a week after the con just now people on the FB page start complaining about harassment/creeps they faced. Even though the answer is, and always is "report the people who harassed you to staff at the time it occurred" I love the stories coming out.

I know the staff was terrible this year but don't say something you didn't report is the cons fault.
>>
>>8713020
I'm a rando who wanted better pics.
If that means harassing people to plan better, so be it.
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.