[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok lets talk about the worst con of the year. I heard they got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: tekkohowabouttekkno.jpg (364 KB, 864x1296) Image search: [Google]
tekkohowabouttekkno.jpg
364 KB, 864x1296
ok lets talk about the worst con of the year. I heard they got misako aoki as the lolita guest @ pgh comm - good luck and don't fuck it up...
>>
What makes you say it's the worst con of the year?
>>
>>8886317
From what I've seen on the lolita side of things, they want $50 for the tea party and misako's not even going to be at it. Which is weird cause it's happening at the same location that the winter ILD tea party was held which was only $30 and it had the same number of tickets available.

On the con side of things, I kind of agree with >>8886323. What makes it the worst con of the year? I haven't been able to go to it since 2010 and back then it seem ok, not amazing or anything but a decent little con. What's changed?
>>
>>8886317
it is a small con that is still growing but I've attended for quite a few years and I can't see how it is the "worst con of the year" at all.

you sound bitter
>>
>>8886378
Is she really not attending? Last year RinRinDoll was guest and she attended the tea party.. I was staff at the time and I think the event went really well, other than maybe more time allowed? idk seemed a little rushed at the end, but was also held at the Double Tree.
IMO as some one who comes from Maryland after experiencing Otakon and Katsucon, I love tekko's atmosphere, its such a big venue for a small con but the staff and local business act alot kinder than any other con city I've experienced..

But cosplay-wise I feel like its a bit lacking due to the age group I've notice it attracts.. I think as Otakon moves further south and NYCC/AnimeNEXT becomes passe I'm hoping it'll pick up because its location can definintly handle it! (its twice the size of the BCC in comparison)
>>
It's bigger than the BCC, but not that much bigger. The BCC actually has more exhibit hall space, but the DLLCC actually has more meeting room space.

Anyway, Tekko is far from being a bad con. It's not the greatest one out there, but still a pretty solid one and the venue is very nice. I had a fantastic experience last year and would love to come back...my only problem is it can get pricey for what it is (due to hotel pricing).
>>
>>8889658
I was under the assumption she was attending? I spoke to someone in charge of the event at Katsucon and they said she was going to be there. If not, I just spent $50 on tea with a bunch of random lolitas.
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 750x1334
>>8889658
>>8889884
I think that >>8886378 misread a comment from someone in the Pitt comm. A girl had asked if misako was ONLY going to be at the tea and someone else responded "no" and listed all the other things she'll be doing. Cap for clarification
>>
That's a weird way to spell "Umicon Daytona" anon.
>>
>>8889860
If you're worried about hotel costs get an air b&b. There's a shit ton of cheaper ones in Pitt that are decently close to the con.
>>
>>8889941
>Umicon Daytona

Is it really that bad? I've never been but I almost went one time.
>>
Still better than the furry convention we get. Everyone is so relieved to see "normal" costumes.
>>
Tekko is ass. The head of the con doesn't even watch anime. Thats like running convention for butchers even though you're a vegan. They have no idea what they are fucjing doing in the JCS and it sucks that the old con chair looted all that money.

Fuck. This. Con.
>>
>>8890044
It was a nice little con up until it changed hands last year. Prices went up, they moved to a convention center without any attendance or events to fill it so it felt empty and like a failed anime club meeting, they messed up a lot of communication and organization, lost a lot of locals and groups that had been with them since the beginning, they didn't pay some of the guests after the con and then dodged invoices, their entire VA guest list besides one person dropped out last minute (literally like a week before the con), they disappeared for months after the convention and abandoned their Facebook only to come back and delete all the visitor posts and any comments pointing out anything negative (including one from a guy in a band that played at the con last year and was never compensated), being in artist alley was like slowly dying in a giant abandoned warehouse trying to sell to the same five teenagers that kept circling the con trying to find something to do, there was no printed schedule or signs, the aa tables were each supposed to come with two chairs and a trashcan but they came with one chair (extras were $5) and no trashcan, the artist info packet was hastily put together and send out the week before the event...I can go on if you really want. It was awful.
>>
>>8890200
There are 3 co-chairs. Two of them watch anime, the other is a logistical genius. They each have their place.
>>
any guesses on who their TBA fashion guest is?
>>
>>8892223
someone from a different fashion hopefully
>>
It will be my first year attending Tekko since someone bought me a 4-day pass a gift.

L-least Back-on will be there...?
>Haven't listened to them in 9 years.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.