[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wig General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94
File: ks015-bd.jpg (120 KB, 1000x370) Image search: [Google]
ks015-bd.jpg
120 KB, 1000x370
Old thread has saged.

>>8095455
>>
>>8149369

Both of those choices look like shit and are way too expensive for how shitty they look. If you want your Homura wig to look good, you're going to have to do a little work on it.

For a similar price and a better wig all around

>https://www.epiccosplay.com/persephone-40-black-long-bang-straight-long-cosplay-wig.html

>https://www.animestuffstore.com/product.php?productid=25692&cat=6150&page=3

Just trim the bangs and cut the u-shape into the back. Don't be lazy with this.
>>
>>8149495
>>>8149369
>Ayanamisatoru
>Shit

you know nothing if you say Ayanamisatoru carries shitty wigs. They are better than Arda when it comes to wigs. Soft and non-shiny and no need to have a huge head for them.

I would say to just get a straight wig in the correct color for it though, and cut it yourself. It's not a hard style to cut, and in the end it would look better.
>>
Does anyone know where I can find a nice Yuno wig? 90% of the Yuno wigs I see people wearing looks like its trying to fly off their head. I've been thinking about buying this wig from Uniqso but I'm not sure of the quality of their wigs.
>>
>>8149647
I said it LOOKED like shit. It's the wrong color, first of all, and the cutting on the back is awful.
>>
How much hair is usually needed for ventilating a lace front? I was thinking of getting this wig (http://thefivewits.net/2010/06/art-bomb-zodiac-star/) for Honoka from Love Live. I would dye it the appropriate color and then use the trimmed hair to do the front. However, I'm not sure if this is enough material to work with.
>>
>>8149486
you got a link to the wig in your picture? perfect colour for a cosplay I'm planning.
>>
>>8150069
not OP but this is from animestuffstore
>>
>>8150072
ta anon, will have a look now. Do you know what the quality is like on their stuff?
>>
i'm going to cosplay kongou, but i'm a newbie to wigs. how should i go about the wig? i'm not even sure where i should buy from, and every wig with her name on it looks absolutely horrendous
>>
Have Epic Wigs' stuff always been this shiny or is it just certain wigs? I go there only if they don't have a style I want at Arda and dont want to order outside the US. The first two wigs I've bought were just fine, but I just bought a purple Selene wig and its SHINY AS HELL. It looks fine not in direct light but under a bulb or in direct sunlight it looks like some cheap party city shit. I know I can just de-shine it but damn, what gives?
>>
File: gf.jpg (229 KB, 756x1056) Image search: [Google]
gf.jpg
229 KB, 756x1056
im cosplaying liliana vess and really am having trouble finding a good wig
ive never tried arda but they seem rather pricey
im thinking this wig http://www.wig-supplier.com/70cm-long-natural-black-straight-invisible-part-lace-wig-lc58-p-2909.html with slight (VERY SLIGHT) waves added to it? or http://www.wig-supplier.com/top-quality-synthetic-60cm-long-black-beauty-hair-wig-fl09d-p-2171.html idk
can anyone suggest some good wigs under 40$, im not in the usa so arda and epiccosplay are expensive shipping wise for me
pls help seagulls
>>
>>8150101
I'd go with buying a brown wig, and buying brown buns seperately. Like the fake ponytails, I'm sure you can find just buns.
>>
>>8150056
It depends on how much re-fronting you plan on doing. Unless you're planning on making small adjustments I would recommend buying matching wefts (two or three) to work with to be safe.
>>
File: 1423544511911.png (136 KB, 400x596) Image search: [Google]
1423544511911.png
136 KB, 400x596
Where can I find a wig short enough for this guy?
>>
>>8149495
>>8149647

Thanks for the advice anons. I thought Homu's hair was more ash black than jet black, hence the choices. I'd actually prefer to wear black as I think the ash is unflattering and those 2 wigs do look too light (as does Arda's suggested wig choice for her). If black is acceptable though, then I'll go for one of your suggestions and break out the scissors.
>>
>>8150184
http://arda-wigs.com/products/jett
probably in natural black, but they're out of stock as of right now
>>
When I wear my wigs it looks like the is a mushroom on top of my head...how do I fix that??? My hair is just below the bust
>>
>>8150351
are you tying your hair up to the top of your head?
>>
>>8150356
I'm tying a low ponytail and the putting the wig cap on. I also tried typing my hair in two plaits then wrapping them around my head but the wig still looks big even with that method.
>>
>>8150361
hmm thats kinda weird. maybe ya just got thick hair
try plaiting your hair when its slightly damp, and slamming on a wig cap with bobbypin death reinforcement
also, some wigs have straps attached to them, to help stay on ya head
>>
>>8150373
Hmm okay I'll try that, thanks~ Also yeah I've noticed those straps (but I have no idea how to use them oops)
>>
>>8150375
shiiiet
well good luck!
>>
File: LoveLive_Honoka_Solo.jpg (66 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
LoveLive_Honoka_Solo.jpg
66 KB, 500x500
>>8150180
Only a little part of her hairline is visible. However, I have no clue how much one has to do for this. I assumed that you'd have to do the entire hairline to get it to work at all.

The other option I was considering was getting a base wig + wefts from Arda, using the latter to make a clip on and ventilate with. However, I don't know if I'd want to dye a wig from there or just use a base color. I like the look of Warm Light Brown for her, but most people do a very penny-ish color. WTF is with the inconsistent coloring in this series? How can Hanayo have blonde, brown, and GREENISH hair in different shots?
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
Reposting, advice on how to get this volume before the braids?
>>
>>8150107
It's their fiber in general, certain colors will reflect light worse.
>>
>>8150418
pull on braids
>>
File: wig.jpg (282 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
wig.jpg
282 KB, 700x700
>>8150101
Did you check for pre style wigs first?

People whom didn't get answered in the last thread:

>8148224
>8149369
>>
>>8148224
>>8149369

My mistake.
>>
File: 1401234688779 boots.jpg (76 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1401234688779 boots.jpg
76 KB, 480x640
Does anyone know a good wig for Hazama Masayoshi that can fit a size 61 cm head and how to style it?
>>
>>8150537
Maybe Arda's Hansel in Light brown or Ginger Blonde? The wig cap size is 23" so it should fit you just fine.

>http://arda-wigs.com/products/hansel
>>
>>8150418
I personally don't think her braids need to be very thick, I've seen some good cosplays of her where they only used a regular wig and braided it, and it looked good. However if you want it thicker I would suggest just getting two wigs and sew them together, and braid it. That's what i did for a cosplay which needed thicker yet natural looking braids
>>
>>8150076
I'm OP, I bought that exact wig, just used the pic because I had it downloaded already.

They're a little shinier than something like Arda, but the wig caps are nice, and the wig is thick and low-temp resistant. I passed my flatiron over it with no issues. And for the price, it's a pretty decent compromise.

I bought from them because I needed the wig for Katsucon, ordered it a week and a half before and it showed up in a few days.
>>
>>8150679
I don't want the braids to be thick, it just looked like the base of her hair before the braids begin had a bit of volume so I didn't know if I should layer/tease/etc it.
>>
>>8150184
why does he look like a duck???
>>
>>8150842
Just braid it.

Braids get smaller as you get down to the ends of the hair. Thats just how braids look.

If you think the top needs more volume, just pull it out a bit at the top to loosen it up and give it some poof.
>>
>>8150842
Just braid it loosely at the top and more tightly at the bottom
>>
I was thinking about buying a Stein wig from "wigfashion" off of Ebay. Anyone knowing anything about them?
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 1010x708) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 1010x708
Do you think that the ash blonde hestia with added wefts from epic cosplay would be suitable for Bee? Or should I go with the desert brown Stevie with added wefts from Arda
>>
>>8150056
I've ventilated a couple of lace front wigs to match my hairline and didn't have to get extra wefts - just clipped out some small sections of hair from the wig very close to the scalp. I'd say I added maybe 2-4 square inches of ventilated areas to the wigs with just clippings? Get extra wefts if you feel like it, but I suspect you won't need them.
>>
>>8150933
I think you'd be better off getting a wig styled more like a rhapsody wig. Something that has a lot more volume at the bottom would look better.

Also I think Ash Blonde is too light, Caramel Blonde or Coco Brown (or similar colors) would be much better options. You want a light brown, not blonde, ideally.
>>
>>8149928
Best thing is to end up making/styling your own wig, sewing on more layers for volume.
>>
>>8150924
I've bought several lacefronts from them and was generally pleased. First two were absolutely gorgeous (a wavy platinum blonde one for Elsa and a more natural blonde for another cosplay), but my third was a little disappointing. It was a really long, straight auburn wig that had weirdly kinky fibers throughout, kinda similar in texture to those really cheap yaki hair extensions you can get at wig stores. I corrected it with a flat iron on very low heat, but it was really annoying and it was obvious that the fiber quality wasn't nearly as nice as my first two wigs. I would still buy from them again, though.
>>
Where can i find a thick black wig, pretty long like 80cm and will get here before May?
>>
>>8150938
I would be installing a new lace front, though.

>>8150933
Go with the latter
>>
>>8150962
Epic Cosplay or Arda

May is like 3 months away, you'd even have plenty of time to get one from the Motherland at that rate.
>>
>>8150980
Arda is great for short wigs and Epic is best for long wigs.
>>
I'm working on a wig guide and tutorials, and I wanted to know if anyone wanted to add any requests to what I have so far.
So far:
>wig general: breakdown of types of wigs and hair, the pro method to getting hair perfectly flat under a wig cap, etc
>wig styling general: how to, products and tools
>cutting, trimming, layering, and thinning out wigs, plus a bang guide
>how to store wigs the proper way
>ventilating and fronting
>general obscure tricks and advice from the theatrical wig world

Anything else?
>>
>>8151018
Anything on combining wigs or blending colors?
>>
>literally how
>>
>>8151104
dip-dyeing. Dip it right side up, then upside down in different colors.
>>
File: photo.jpg (84 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
84 KB, 900x900
>>8150848
>Someone never played Persona 4.
>>
>>8150549
Oh damn I didn't think about that. Would either color be acceptable/work? He has two different hair style colors so it's confusing.
>>
File: B92OrH8CIAEs8GZ.png (840 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
B92OrH8CIAEs8GZ.png
840 KB, 1024x575
Is this a close enough match to each other? I really don't know much about wigs and wig quality
>>
>>8151296
forgot link http://www.wig-supplier.com/35cm-short-straight-white-lolita-bob-cosplay-party-wig-cb46g-p-2279.html
>>
>>8150848
don't insult my husbando
>>
>>8151209
If you say anything after the original on PS2 I will find/murder you
>>
>>8151296
is this fucking boxbox
>>
>>8151296
qt 3.14
>>
>>8151373
aduckchi : )
>>
>>8151107
Nonono. She has to dip dye from the top of the wig first. get a white wig, dip dye that blue-ish color, let dry, then dip the ends.
>>
>>8150076
People either have very positive or very negative things to say. I feel like that's how it is with every wig seller, though.

A bit contradictory to my prior statement, but whatever: Anyone here have any experience with Mei Li Fang wigs?
>>
File: 5288_photo1_large.jpg (91 KB, 279x420) Image search: [Google]
5288_photo1_large.jpg
91 KB, 279x420
Has anyone ordered from http://www.assistcosplay.com?

I need a bright yellow pigtail wig and none else seems to have it.
>>
File: Chara_himari.jpg (176 KB, 930x500) Image search: [Google]
Chara_himari.jpg
176 KB, 930x500
Any recommendations for Himari's wig? I've ordered two wigs so far and they are either too orange or too brown for her. Neither Epiccosplay nor Arda have wigs that actually match and the premade Lucaille wig is way too orange.
>>
File: whowantstotalkaboutmurders.jpg (36 KB, 231x202) Image search: [Google]
whowantstotalkaboutmurders.jpg
36 KB, 231x202
>>8151432
>tfw I main Adachi and would cosplay him in a minute if I didn't look weird.
>>
>>8151493
yea but I'm asking about the wig, not him
>>
File: awdor-will.jpg (79 KB, 420x910) Image search: [Google]
awdor-will.jpg
79 KB, 420x910
Any recommendations to style/what wig would be good for Will from Advance wars days of ruin?
>>
File: oobleckexample2.jpg (92 KB, 660x475) Image search: [Google]
oobleckexample2.jpg
92 KB, 660x475
Currently putting together a cosplay for this character and I'm eying up the Marty wig from Arda.

I just had a quick question about this wig since it's lace-front. The Arda Marty recent got a widow's peak, but obviously my character doesn't have that. Since lace-fronts are more customizable, would I be able to just trim off the widow's peak?

http://arda-wigs.com/products/marty
>>
>>8151861
Why would you ever need anything in such a terrible color?
>>
File: shulk.jpg (678 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
shulk.jpg
678 KB, 1500x1500
At first I was thinking Jett in platinum blode would work, but I think it'll be too short.
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/platinum-blonde-081/products/jett

Now I'm thinking this one, I'd have to cut a lot more but I think it would be better:
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/platinum-blonde-081/products/jaguar

But before I order, does anyone know of a better wig for Shulk?
>>
File: tumblr_mzct42phvq1sz9pbco4_500.png (225 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzct42phvq1sz9pbco4_500.png
225 KB, 500x250
Posting this again: would Arda's Jett in dark brown work for pic related?
>>
File: 26130526_m.png (241 KB, 425x600) Image search: [Google]
26130526_m.png
241 KB, 425x600
>>8153961
Yes, it should work.

I need help deciding on a wig to style for Kaiki. My bf wants to to a version of him this summer so I'm helping pick out a wig for him. Would it work if I de-shine this wig before styling? I don't really want it too shiny or too dark and figured de-shining will also help make it look dull.
http://www.wig-supplier.com/30cm-short-bakumatsu-rock-hijikata-toshiz-black-cosplay-wig-p-3099.html
>>
Wig dyeing update. Found a long enough container and scaled up all the Rit dye measurements. Everything was going fine until the container sprang a leak. The only one I could find was one with wheels. The leak sprung from where one of the wheels is attached to the container. None of the other wheels are leaking. I wrapped the whole thing in polystyrene plastic sheeting. Overall I had to boil 24 quarts of alcohol and water to get the wig fully submerged.
>>
>>8154401
The rit dye method still uses alcohol?

How would you compare rit dye results to alcohol+acrylic ink?
>>
>>8154401
so I'm just passing by but why wouldn't something like a 5 gallon bucket from home depot suffice as a container?
>>
>>8154418
I use a tiny bit of alcohol with Rit dye to make the fibers take to the dye slightly better. I find the acrylic ink method to be more harsh. The Rit dye with diluted alcohol is easier on the fibers but still helps hold the dye better if I was just doing traditional method.

>>8154453
I'm dyeing a really long wig and getting a deeper container increases the likelihood of streaking. I want an even dye throughout the fibers.
>>
File: EdsPFWA.gif (785 KB, 294x341) Image search: [Google]
EdsPFWA.gif
785 KB, 294x341
Where do you guys get your cheap second hand wigs from? I'm US based if that matters.

Alternatively, does anyone know a good place to get a long (at least waist-length) dark drown wig from that could be parted into two low ponytails without showing the wig cap? Everything I find is either too short, too thin, or too light.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2438x3470) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2438x3470
>>8153749
Cure sunshine does have the bright yellow thing going.
>>
>>8154517
Ew, don't actually do that. Get a more natural blonde, that bright yellow looks like shit on everyone who wears it.

Sailor Moon has bright yellow hair too, and any decent looking sailor moon has a natural blonde wig.
>>
File: Sailor_Chibi_Moon_Concept_Art.jpg (78 KB, 740x1030) Image search: [Google]
Sailor_Chibi_Moon_Concept_Art.jpg
78 KB, 740x1030
I'm working on a Chibiusa cosplay, and the wig is giving me a headache (and I'm not even wearing it yet). I don't like the stiff pigtails monsters some people make, although I'd still love a nice puffy pigtail (kinda like what you'd expect from a Madoka wig). So far I've considered getting this one from MatchWigs ( http://matchwigs.com/buy-cosplay-wigs/108-weslen-short-pink-ponytail-wig-cosplay.html#/color-pink ) but I'd need to get a couple of extensions and make the bunny odango myself. Only thing keeping me from buying this one is that it's a base wig+ponytails, so it doesn't exactly give the impression of proper pigtails (or does it?).

My second option is the Chibiusa wig from Lucaille, but the pink looks so radioactive (might be my screen?) and I can't find any worn pictures of it. Since I was looking for a colour closer to the one from MatchWigs, I don't wanna order this one and get a hot pink wig.

So any thoughts, seagulls? Any other suggestions? I'm sorry for the rant.
>>
>>8154854
>(or does it?)
It doesn't. For characters with high ponytails/pigtails, always buy a pre-ponytailed wig to clip extensions onto.

Your best bet is to find a light pink wig that has as many of the qualities you want in it, and buy wefts/extensions so you can fix the parts that don't fit (as in, if it doesn't have bangs, if it doesn't come pre-pigtailed, etc.)

You may end up having to pigtail a wig yourself. Thankfully there are lots of good tutorials for both sewing in wefts to make a part for pigtails and stubbing a wig to prepare it for extensions.
>>
File: nana.jpg (27 KB, 355x400) Image search: [Google]
nana.jpg
27 KB, 355x400
i cant for the life of me find a good wig for Hachi, at least just the right shade so I can style it myself. any good/affordable places I can buy one? no luck with ebay so far and im avoiding arda and the such since its my chill sunday wear
thanks
>>
>>8154913
Soft Degree Hair on Aliexpress
>>
File: datyellowwig.jpg (648 KB, 1296x693) Image search: [Google]
datyellowwig.jpg
648 KB, 1296x693
>>8154538

I dunno about pure natural blonde, but maybe like something in the middle. Trying to ID who is the maker of that wig. I think left is the assist yellow. Maybe mid is airily light yellow?
>>
>>8154490
Costraders?

Why do you want a cheap second hand wig? Most wigs are 30 bucks so you can't go any lower than that. I have a wig for $10 without shipping if you want one that badly but it's blond though.
>>
>>8155190
wtf are you talking about most wigs are $30

you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>8155223
It was a typo anon. I couldn't delete my post so I came back to correct it.

>*Some wigs are 30 but you can find some at 10-20 and you can't go any lower than that.

Calm yourself. You want a milkshake?
>>
>>8155160
Out of these, i think the one in the middle has the best shade for her wig. Left is too bright yellow, and right is too blonde
>>
>>8154854
I have Lucaille's Chibi Moon wig. I personally really like the color, but I was also going for anime style Chibiusa and not Manga style.

Only thing is that you need to restyle the odangos. Ididn't and it was a pain to get them to look alright.

Picture is me in my old Chibiusa cosplay, Wig from lucaille
>>
Any realistic looking wigs? I need it for my job since my hair is dyed and they don't accept that. Price is not a concern but maybe less than $200. Doesn't have to be human hair. Thanks in advance seagulls.
>>
>>8155190
I looked, unfortunately I didn't see anything that fit what I needed.
It's not so much that I need cheap second hand wigs, but if I can get it cheaper why not- type of thing.
>>
>>8155723
Honestly anon most normalfags won't be able to tell a wig apart from your real hair. I have a cheap GLW curly bob that I wore to work and everyone kept asking me why I dyed my hair and commenting on how cute my hair was curled.
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 700x872) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 700x872
>>8155723
>>8155793
Seconding, a friend of mine asked why I died my hair when I wore pic related.
>>
>>8155723
Cyperous do have high quality wigs in natural styles.
>>
File: link-tp.jpg (109 KB, 1280x1229) Image search: [Google]
link-tp.jpg
109 KB, 1280x1229
What kind of wigs have you guys used for TP Link? Styled or not, I'm going to style it anyway.
>>
>>8155785
The cheapest wigs are around 30 with shipping like Arda and Epic cosplay. Taobao has good cheap wigs at around 10-20 but remember you are ordering from China. You can also try Aliexpress too.

It depends on your head size too.
>>
File: 20150302_101954.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150302_101954.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
This is a Ryuko wig I styled. I think it looks like shit. Should I just get another one or can this be saved?
>>
>>8155873
Oh and Cyperous.
>>
>>8155685

Thank you so much!! I actually like the colour much more now in your picture. You look adorable, btw.

Dumn question: there seems to be two Lucaille wigs now, which one did you get?
>>
>>8155793
Could I please have the source of the wig you got? Thanks

>>8155809
Thanks anon! Are the pictures loyal to how the wigs actually look like?
>>
>>8155913
Also are these wigs heat resistant?
>>
File: 13642935430_zps33110d0f.jpg (31 KB, 640x538) Image search: [Google]
13642935430_zps33110d0f.jpg
31 KB, 640x538
>>8155927
I got the one with Buns and not "horns"
>>
>>8156082

Thank you so much!!
>>
File: 44919936.jpg (99 KB, 543x571) Image search: [Google]
44919936.jpg
99 KB, 543x571
Does anyone know how to do Seth's hair from UNIB? I was going by the Arda splicing method but his white is in an odd place.
>>
>>8156399
I would remove the wefts from the part of the cap where the white goes. You may need to cut them where they need to stop and put a dab of glue to prevent unstitching of the rest of the weft. Then get a few packs of white wefts and sew them to the wig cap where you took off the black ones.
>>
File: 35092561_big_p2.jpg (142 KB, 676x871) Image search: [Google]
35092561_big_p2.jpg
142 KB, 676x871
>>8156534
Thanks for the quick advice so far! So all I would need are some packs of white wefts since I already have a black Magnum wig?
>>
>>8155160
I like the left and middle one the most
>>
>>8156635
You got it. Just make sure you are only seam ripping the stitch that keeps the wefts to the wig, and not the wig cap netting or weft itself. Then normally I just hand sew the new wefts in. If weft packs look expensive it may be worth it to get a cheap white wig and steal them off it.
>>
>>8153863
I think you should get the jaguar.

>>8156781
Thanks a lot anon!
>>
>>8153863
jaguar or hansel, i feel like the jaguar doesn't have enough bang coverage, but theres always bang clips
>>
>>8155901
yikes
>>
>>8156845
Oh wow Hansel is much closer, I'd have to cut a lot less and the texture looks pretty good too, thanks Anon!
>>
>>8155901
Razor the bangs to be less blunt and makes the ends more curved, perhaps curve the red stripe up more if you can
>>
>>8156848
Sweet constructive criticism, bro.
>>
>>8150952
Did you have any issues with shinyness? I saw a review complaining about it being shiny and thin compared to some other brands. I need a light purple wig and would like to stay away from a plasticy look.
>>
>>8155839
I've used Arda's Jaguar in sandy brown. It's super easy to style and the color is perfect for TP Link
>>
File: Capture.png (510 KB, 585x881) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
510 KB, 585x881
Trying to figure out what sort of wig to use for Marauder Ashe... the volume and length are throwing me off because if I got a medium length wig, it wouldn't be thick enough and the fibers wouldn't be able to stand up like that without looking weird at the base.
Was thinking of getting a pre-styled Kakashi wig and style it from there but not sure if that would work or look good or not? Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/131204169011

Any other suggestions D:
>>
In the last thread I talked about getting a wig for Kanji cosplay. Someone found the perfect wig. Only problem was that both the platinum and titanium blonde were OOS and won't be restocked in time. Would Pale Blonde be fine?
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 734x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 734x800
I wanted it slightly more green but it's the best I could get. Detangling it made it lose a lot of fiber since it's an Epicosplay wig. I had to sit in the shower with it and use conditioner to get those awful knots out. Pic related, I clipped the original color swatch over the dyed wig.
>>
Any advice on purchasing clip in bangs that match my actual hair color?
>>
>>8151861
I bought some of their wings while in Japan, they are very tangle resistant and really nice and thick
>>
I own a lucaille wig and like the quality of it, but I got it secondhand. I'm considering buying more from them, but I have a few questions:

>How would you rate their customer service/communication?
>Is shipping a buttload?
>What do you think of their pre-styled wigs?
>How long do they take to arrive in the US?
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 256x291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 256x291
Should I get a green color more accurate to her character or a green thats more flattering on me?
>>
>>8158235
Always fast to communicate, but a little choppy English.

Shipping for me was about 2 weeks I think I chose via USPS. It is a little pricy but you are paying the true cost of shipping, and getting the wig for very cheap.

Wig quality is pretty good I own 3 wigs from them.
>>
>>8158339
Just because it's touhou; I think you should go with the more flattering color.
>>
>>8157547
No, all of my wigs were pretty realistic shine to them. But all of the wigs I ordered were natural hair colors, and I've noticed sometimes those tend to have better fiber quality than non-natural hair colors do, even when they're priced the same.
>>
Can anyone recommend a good Yoko wig?
>>
>>8158339
just don't get dead grass green.
>>
>>8160423
Try Epiccosplay's ponytail wig in Dark red
>>
Could someone recommend a good Madoka wig? Ideally, it would be a shade of pink that didn't hurt the eyes.
>>
I am looking for a store that sells natural looking wigs that ships to US without a shopping service. I'm currently waiting for an answer on the ebay thread in case there are any ebay stores. How about websites?
>>
>>8151890
I've been looking for YEARS for a Himari wig that's the right color. I'm also having the same problem with finding a wig for Asuna. That light brown shade just doesn't exist. If someone has an answer I'd like to know as well.
>>
>>8160752
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1197605
>>
>>8160754
link also related >>8160756
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 280x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 280x760
I'm looking to cosplay Elsa but I'm having trouble finding a lace front for cheaper than $70 (cough arda'a suzi) any recommendations? This is five wits. I keked.
>>
File: tumblr_nc7b91yEvE1qj957oo1_500.gif (360 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc7b91yEvE1qj957oo1_500.gif
360 KB, 500x500
I asked this in help but I should of asked here.

I have a 2012 Arda wig Long brown Magnum wig that I found in storage. Would it be good to cosplay Ken Amada from P4U2/P3?
>>
>>8160756
omg anon ty <3<3
>>
>>8160742

Maybe C.C Kids on eBay? I own their goddess madoka wig, and it's more of a slightly darker/dustier pink than most radioactive pink wigs I've seen.

Their fibers are heat resistant but a bit shiny. I'll take pictures later.
>>
>>8160796
Sounds good, anon! I'll await the pictures. I've heard good things about C.C Kids wigs and I was considering Epiccosplay's pigtail wig in dark princess, but when I saw a worn photograph online, I noticed it looked way brighter than the stock photo. Not in a bad way, but still.
>>
>>8160990
I have a wig in dark princess and it's a nice dark pink shade irl. It's a good shade for Madoka imo. If my wig was a little bit longer I'd use it for Godoka.
>>
File: FotorCreated.png (2 MB, 1238x768) Image search: [Google]
FotorCreated.png
2 MB, 1238x768
>>8160990
Snapped a few quick pictures, but no natural lighting pictures until tomorrow, since it's about 9PM where I am.

Also these pigtails are really big. I talking about banana hair out of the package. But it was good for the price my friend got it for me/
>>
this is my first time posting on /cgl/ so i apologize if this is weird or dumb to ask. i recently purchased a wig (this wig, to be exact https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C3EEIEA/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_KR89ub0B0N1VW ) and planned to cut and style it to cosplay jake english. i received the wig and it's practically party city quality, though i shouldnmt have expected any better considering how cheap the wig was. my original plan is no longer feasible as a result of this and i was hoping to cut it to resemble shinji ikari's haircut. how would i go about doing this? would a standard pixie cut work? this is my first cosplay and first attempt at any sort of wig manipulation and i don't want to go to a con and end up being posted in a bad cosplay thread.
>>
>>8161253
Here's a good two part tutorial on cutting wigs. http://shisukoisa.deviantart.com/art/Awesomeguy-s-Wig-Cutting-Tutorial-Part-1-282857020
>>
>>8161259
ty anon ;_______; i appreciate it greatly
>>
File: Atsushi Binan.jpg (31 KB, 380x555) Image search: [Google]
Atsushi Binan.jpg
31 KB, 380x555
Anyone have any idea where I could get a wig like the hair pictured?
>>
>>8161274
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.19.hTT67v&id=43633924294&ns=1&abbucket=15#detail

They don't have any non stock photos but they do have good wigs though.
>>
>>8161313
The review pic looks really light compared to ref though... or is that just the luminosity?
>>
>>8161318
Yeah it does look lighter. I'm not sure if the review picture is due to lighting or it actually looks that light.

I would say lurk around the shop and also check out Epic cosplay too but you would need to style the wig on your own though.

Off hand that's the only wig I've found for Atsushi.
>>
>>8160793
you're welcome, these wigs are so comfy too. seriously, i forgot i was wearing it once and almost went to bed in it.
>>
>>8161274
http://www.wig-supplier.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=blue%20short%20wig&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=2

I recently found out about this website, but they have a wide variety and lots of deals
>>
File: ifuckedup.png (852 KB, 928x680) Image search: [Google]
ifuckedup.png
852 KB, 928x680
Sorry for the shitty collage, but here is what happened- the picture on the top left is the stock image for what I ordered, the character is who the wig is for, and the bottom picture is what I received and it is way too dark. I can't find a wig that is accurate and from a trustworthy source and I don't want a solid grey because the character has a purple tint to her hair.
The picture on the right is another wig I considered ordering and basically the perfect colour... I found it as an ebay listing but really sceptical about it actually coming in that colour now. I've checked Arda and Epiccosplay and they don't have wigs in the right styles for the colour I need so no luck there.

tl;dr I fucked up and don't want to fuck up again

Should I just chance it on the ebay one or should I try to find a wig from a more reputable wig seller? Can anyone help me look?
>>
>>8161065
Thanks anon! I'm not actually using the wig for Madoka, but the character's hair is almost identical to Madoka's, so I figure looking for a Madoka wig is easier since PMMM is very popular.

>>8161223
Thanks so much! Big pigtails are exactly what I'm looking for.
>>
File: silky-straight.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
silky-straight.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>8161569
Lockshop have a wig in that color, but it is straight and would need to be curled

Lucaille wig
http://lucaille.com/?product-854.html
A bit more brown though

some taobao wigs: http://tw.taobao.com/item/17097409133.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-8626392533.20.64Eh74
This one seem to be nice in quality when you check the review pictures

http://tw.taobao.com/item/18311679186.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-8626392549.63.WN6DA8
Same seller

http://tw.taobao.com/item/16079941229.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.5-c.w4002-8626392549.60.WN6DA8
Same seller

http://tw.taobao.com/item/19743948791.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a1z10.1-c.w5003-6249683854.60.vt7sgU&scene=taobao_shop
Alpaca wigs, they have good reviews on shop but none on the wigs
>>
File: haman57485904.png (41 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
haman57485904.png
41 KB, 512x256
anyone have reccommendations on a base wig to use to get this kind of wig shape and volume?
>>
File: hamanispleased.jpg (245 KB, 659x300) Image search: [Google]
hamanispleased.jpg
245 KB, 659x300
>>8162253
also it's more of a purple-y fuchsia/magenta, not light pink.
>>
So I just got an Arda wig (my first and it is lovely and think but tangles if you look at it). Any suggestions on products to use to keep it de-tangled?
>>
>>8162253
Ahhh Haman-sama. I used a Princess Dark Pink wig from Epic Cosplay and teased the under layers of the wig and sprayed them with got2b in order to achieve depth.
>>
>>8162128
Ty for the links anon I'll check them out! I saw the Lucaille one already and it's a bit dark but the lockshop one looks pretty good.
>>
File: asuka fringe.png (830 KB, 709x566) Image search: [Google]
asuka fringe.png
830 KB, 709x566
I think this is probably more of an opinion/preference than anything else but I'd like some advice, I hope this is the right place to ask.

I'm going to be cosplaying Asuka, picture of which scene/ep included, and I'm not sure which route to go with the bangs. The first wig happens to be the wig I've got. Which style out of these do you think looks best?
Thanks!
>>
>>8162582
I'd go with thinned straight bangs, or layery sideswept bangs. If you go sideswept you can include her actual part on the one side.
>>
>>8162282
The longer wigs from Arda tends to tangle. I know they have a tutorial on their YouTube to show how to detangle wigs.
>>
>>8162697
>tends to tangle
Don't ya mean always?
>>
File: 1.jpg (341 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
341 KB, 768x1024
Good wig for Uzu? The ones from China seem kinda shifty.
>>
Does anyone know how often epic cosplay restocks?
>>
>>8162064
Glad I could be of somewhat help! Another thing I forgot to note was that the pigtail clips are thick due to some crimping, but not an awful lot.
>>
>>8163095

I've seen some Uzus use Magnum from Arda in Olive.
>>
>>8162128
Lockshop's wigs are surprisingly thin tho
>>
>>8162292
did you dye this at all anon? it looks nothing like the color on epic's website.
>>
>>8162292
fuck, why are all haman cosplayers so awful.

both of you are awful actually.
>>
File: morgan wigs.png (378 KB, 559x418) Image search: [Google]
morgan wigs.png
378 KB, 559x418
Looking for some Morgan (FE:A) wigs at the moment. Arda doesn't have anything that catches my fancy, but the Chronos style (see pic related) that Epic Cosplay has looks like what I want. I'm not sure what color would be best, though. Any suggestions? Pic related is midnight blue (left) and purple black fusion (right)
>>
File: image:3.jpg (66 KB, 720x490) Image search: [Google]
image:3.jpg
66 KB, 720x490
>>8162064
Unfortunately I don't remember the seller but I bought this wig from eBay for about£15-- the ponytails flick out nicely and the fringe came precut-- my only gripe about that is trying to get it in the right position otherwise the fringe ends up halfway up my forehead if I'm not careful.
Would not recommend if your head circumference is bigger than 58 cm when your hair's all up in a wig cap.

However the pink is definitely not eyeburning and the wig hardly has a shine!
I'll try and find a stock photo so ya know what it looks like.
>>
File: .jpg (21 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
21 KB, 332x500
>>8164040
Pretty sure this is the stock, however my pigtails arrived flicked out and not curved in like that.
>>
File: Megpoid_Gallery_9.jpg (381 KB, 600x764) Image search: [Google]
Megpoid_Gallery_9.jpg
381 KB, 600x764
Looking for a Gumi wig! I want one with the green to yellow gradient.
I was thinking of buying arda's jaguar and adding yellow wefts. Not sure whether to go with light green or jade colour, kinda leaning towards jade since it's not as eye-burning as the light green.. Thoughts?
>>
File: T2__vqXapbXXXXXXXX_!!14240653.jpg (32 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
T2__vqXapbXXXXXXXX_!!14240653.jpg
32 KB, 400x600
>>8164074
Alpaca wigs on Taobao have gradient wigs
>>
>>8163570
No. It could be the lighting at the time or some filter the photographer used in order to change saturation or levels. Epic Cosplay also has a Dark Princess Pink and a Regular Princess Pink. Either way I recommend Epic Cosplay because from what I've seen you can get a lot of volume from their wigs.

>>8163621
T-t-thanks you too. Seriously though if you have any actual constructive criticism I would love to hear it. I'm not exactly the best sewer out there and I am always looking for tips on how to improve.
>>
File: wig buns.jpg (110 KB, 1031x615) Image search: [Google]
wig buns.jpg
110 KB, 1031x615
>>8150101
Buy a base and style accordingly then for the buns do something like this.

Get a head band and some styrofoam balls.. Then just start wrapping hair around the styrofoam balls. Once you've done that glue it to the head band. Or you could even clips instead of a head band.
>>
Any good Sailor Mercury wigs? I wanna finally go forward with my first cosplay, but since there's only really one con I can go to every year, I wanna finally do it
>>
File: asuka wig.png (714 KB, 869x480) Image search: [Google]
asuka wig.png
714 KB, 869x480
>>8162582
Asuka wig anon here again!
Bangs are cut, any advice/concrit on how to improve them still would be appreciated!

Additionally, in the second picture I've circled where my sideburns stick out. The wig has not way to bobby pin it to my hair from the inside, and I'm not sure how to stick it down to cover said part. I don't know how to explain it well and can take more photos if that would help.
Any ideas on how to get the wig to stay down on my sideburn area?
>>
File: 1393652011187.png (3 MB, 1280x3600) Image search: [Google]
1393652011187.png
3 MB, 1280x3600
Yo, /fit/ here

I want to cosplay as Aikuro Mikisugi for AX this year, but I'm really not sure where to start with assembling my own cosplay. For the wig, a classmate of mine recommended Arda Wigs, but I can't seem to find a style that fits.

Do you guys have any recommendations?
>>
>>8164045
That would work as well. Thanks anon! I'll have to keep an eye out if I'm browsing ebay.
>>
>>8165236
Chances are that you'll have to style your own wig. You should probably find the color you want and then work from that.

If you need some other wig sites to check out, Epic Cosplay does some good wigs too.
>>
>>8165236
I don't think there any any prestyled Mikisugi wigs so you'll have to cut and style your own. If you're buying from Arda I would suggest Jaguar in Midnight or Dark blue? Midnight is out of stock though.
As >>8165426 said Epiccosplay is good too and Aphrodite in Dark blue or Blue/black fusion seem like they would work... I'm not as fond of the colours but eh personal opinion
>>
Does anyone know a great wig for Young Joseph's hair? I'd like some advice from some wig experts here on cgl.
>>
>>8165585
I'd say the Vegas from Arda in Spanish Brown. It has the unnecessary ponytail, but you can cut it off. It's go the top volume/length, and is really easily styled.
>>
>>8164325
do you think you bought Purple Pink instead? because their discontinued Purple Pink color looks exactly like your wig.

and don't listen to rude anons you guys actually look pretty good, my Haman cosplay will probably not be very good because I'm a total novice, but the wig is something I'm determined to nail down.
>>
Bit of a long shot, but does anyone have the lemail madoka wig? Are the stock photos true to colour?
>>
I need short white/off white wefts, but both Arda and Epic Cosplay are out. Any suggestions on alternatives?
>>
>>8165663
looks alright to me! Thanks! They might even have this at the convention too to save me the trouble.
>>
File: AR036_FRONT_large.jpg (52 KB, 310x480) Image search: [Google]
AR036_FRONT_large.jpg
52 KB, 310x480
>>8165236
Arda's good for wigs with spiky hair. Don't think you should go as dark as >>8165447 said though. A magnum in denim blue (pic related) or royal blue (currently out of stock, but you could try another style if you really like that color) would work best for Mikisugi
Pic related is a
>>
File: Avatar_FE13_Portrait_1.png (126 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
126 KB, 300x416
How do I do wigs with spiky hair? I see everyone always creating these really nice dense looking anime spikes. Admittedly, the spikes I have to do for robin are smaller, but my spikes always end up looking "thin" and not very solid.

What's the trick to good looking spikes, even if short

Pic related, doing a robin cosplay from FE awakening.
>>
>>8167731
>cosplaying generic robin
>not cosplaying the robin you used to play in the game
>>
>>8167731
his hair isnt even spiky?

just layer a short wig and add some hairspray to the tips

or use arda's jett in silver, and flatten down the lower half. It's out of stock rn, but I'm sure itll be in again soon.
>>
File: 3108412-vamp[1].jpg (539 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
3108412-vamp[1].jpg
539 KB, 1600x1200
I've never added a widows peak to a wig before. Should I just buy a lacefront and style it? or do I risk fucking it up by using a tutorial?

Maybe the lacefront would work better for the hairline...

Pic related.
>>
>>8167749

My recommendation would be a lace wig anyway, since his hair is slicked back.
>>
>>8167770
Do you reckon the Tauriel will work?
>>
File: Tiamo_Portrait.jpg (231 KB, 980x1199) Image search: [Google]
Tiamo_Portrait.jpg
231 KB, 980x1199
Anyone have a wig reccomendation for Cordelia from FE:A? All of Arda's reds are off to me, plus they're bound to tangle like hell.
>>
>>8168701
Epic Cosplay dark red looks perfect.
>https://www.epiccosplay.com/athena-40-dark-red-straight-long-cosplay-wig.html
or
>https://www.epiccosplay.com/asteria-50-dark-red-straight-extra-long-cosplay-wig.html
>>
reputable ebay stores anyone buy from recently?
>>
>>8169261
Animestuffstore is pretty reputable and personally I like jcpunk
>>
>>8169276
I had a horrible time with jcpunk. They are a Taobao reseller, say they have stuff in stock, them email you about how its out of stock, lie about shipping it to you and all kinds of other shit. maybe it's just happened to me, but I had a horrible time and will never order from them again. If they ever tell you its out of stock, tell them you want to cancel and get your money back. Its not out of stock, they have to order it from the taobao store and then ship it to you, they never had the stock to begin with.
>>
>>8169351
Huh I only ever ordered the wigs from the listings with the same style in a bunch of different colors and always received a nice wig with no issues. A friend got one with wonky crimping at the base but other than that it's been fine. I assumed 99% of wig stores are resellers anyways.
>>
File: Cortana-304.jpg (10 KB, 304x293) Image search: [Google]
Cortana-304.jpg
10 KB, 304x293
I'm looking at http://www.wigisfashion.com/collections/purple-lace-front-wigs/products/lf304 for Cortana, and the description says it's a blended purple/dark brown, but in the images, it doesn't look like there's much purple towards the front of the wig. Is this wig worth purchasing, or should I not bother getting a lacefront?
>>
File: ya.jpg (26 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
ya.jpg
26 KB, 300x240
>>8164766
sew these at the front and the sideburns it works wonders
>>
>>8168708
I'll check them out! Thanks anon!
>>
>>8169404
Oh god I didn't even remember these existed, those would be perfect.
What are they called though? I'm drawing a total blank, sorry!
>>
File: Capture.png (237 KB, 332x389) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
237 KB, 332x389
>>8169398
I would look for a blue/black blend if anything for Cortana unless you're going for Halo 1 or 2 Cortana. She's very much blue after that.

Epiccosplay's Midnight Blue looks pretty good (pic related) and you don't really /need/ a lacefront for that style.

Arda's Raven looks like it could possibly work as well, and maybe their Dark or Midnight blue as well.
>>
>>8167853
anyone?
>>
File: Shingeki-no-Bahamut-Protagonist.jpg (147 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
Shingeki-no-Bahamut-Protagonist.jpg
147 KB, 1280x721
What wig would you recommend for this? I have looked for some afros, but they all looks really cheap or not as fluffy as they need to be
>>
>>8170394
I *think* they're called clip-in weaves, atleast that's how I reffer them too. It helped me alot with keeping my sailor moon wig straight because it's parted on the back for the twin tails and the buns.
Just a pro-tip: buy them none the less for any other wigs, sewed in the front. So you're sure it'll stay on and won't magically fall off during a convention. Though be careful not to pull at your scalp when you're done wearing the wig or idiots pulling at your hair, shit hurts like a thousand kick on the breasts
>>
>>8170463
Seconding this
>>
I know this is quite a basic question but what product should I use to keep a long straight wig from blowing around too much and knotting? For the record, I am a bald male who hasn't had hair for 5 years or more.
>>
>>8162128
>Price ¥ 95.00 - 100.00 (about NT $ 480 - 506)
>NT price for the reference price, the actual amount paid, the amount of time to order to show the cashier settlement prevail

What does that mean?
>>
>>8170463
>>8170612
tbh I usually buy any wig and alter it to make it into what I need
ex: Would buy a long ass wig for a short haired character, snip at desired lenght, use the rest to make weaves and fill in the empty spaces- animu characters tend to have crazy stray hair here and there so it's useful to have left overs

If I was going to make an affro I'd buy a nice front lace wig, a lot of weaves and massacre it myself. I was willing to do shinobu from NMH and that's basically my idea from the start, I'd probably slap in some foam for the inside shape and cheat the amount of hair needed on the outside so I don't die trying to start from the base of the head. I should probably try it myself before recommanding it but GOOD affro wigs are hard to find.
>>
File: Tharja_(FE13_Artwork).png (403 KB, 418x900) Image search: [Google]
Tharja_(FE13_Artwork).png
403 KB, 418x900
Does anyone know where I can find a decent long straight black wig? Preferably on Ebay,
There's a ton of results but its hard to find good trustworthy ones, don't want to get tricked into buying a shitting wig
>>
>>8167743
>cosplay own Robin
>get called out on muh OC

Also
>not maining Robin in Smash and wearing the cosplay while wrecking shit
>>
>>8170763
Maybe try Ayanamisaotoru? I'm not using a black wig for Tharja since she looks like she dark purple hair in-game.
>>
File: 4659600795446.jpg (302 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4659600795446.jpg
302 KB, 1920x1080
Any suggestions for places that sell thick, nice quality wigs? Arda is out of the style in the color I need.
I don't want to use Ebay because, from experience, most of their wigs are pretty thin and tangle easily.

Also, suggestions on how to get thick braids if I have to get a thinner wig?
>>
File: Ride_290_teshima.png (638 KB, 398x561) Image search: [Google]
Ride_290_teshima.png
638 KB, 398x561
I'm a complete noob when it comes to wig styling, but how do I achieve this wavy hair? Would the waves straighten(?) with time? Aside from modeling wax and sprays, is there anything that would help the hair mantain it's form while riding a bike?
>>
>tfw Ginger Blonde Hansel doesn't restock until mid-April

I heard Arda wigs take forever to ship too. I won't need it until June, but I just hope they actually restock when they say they will.
>>
>>8172340
You could braid it, do the hot water method, and then unbraid it when it's dry. If the wig isn't heat-resistant... eh, I'm not sure if hairspraying it into a certain shape will make it look nice. I'm not too fond of crusty wigs.

If the wig will straighten with time (and washing if it was originally straight and not wavy).

Silicone spray might help keep it from tangling. Seeing as high-speed bike riding with mess up normal hair, I can only see it messing up wigs even more though. Just pose with the bike? Try not to go too fast?
>>
File: 1426033833350.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1426033833350.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
Gonna post in this thread as well.

Don't know what color I should go.for with Annie's wig. Most people seem to go for the magenta in the first image. I like the color of Upper Right though, but I also think the last one is more accurate.

Thoughts?
>>
>>8174690
I really like that upper right color for annie though, damn.
>>
>>8174690
middle top would be accurate in the right lighting
>>
>>8174690
One of the ones on the right or the center. Ones on the left seem too light/dark.
>>
>>8174698
>>8174714
>>8174716
I'm thinking of getting middle top and then if it turns out to be too purple , to color in some red in it
>>
File: Cyan-Show-By-Rock.jpg (83 KB, 557x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cyan-Show-By-Rock.jpg
83 KB, 557x1000
Any idea on where to get a good ringlet wig? Pic related is who I'm planning to cosplay, dark blue would be preferred but black is fine too.
>>
>>8174907
I would suggest making them yourself out of a Ringlet Redux wig from GLW:
http://www.gothiclolitawigs.com/ringlet-redux/

By cutting the wig to your desired length, then using plastic bottles and cutting spirals out of them, and attaching the hair to that. I can make a quick video tutorial if you want. If you want it to be less heavy, you can use Arda's ringlet tutorial as well:

http://arda-wigs.com/blogs/tutorials/8696715-how-to-make-drill-curls

>>8174690
In game, Annie's hair is a very bright magenta. The top and middle wig is the most accurate. If you want it to be less of an eyesore though, go with the last one. You also need to account for your skintone. Some softer pinks don't look good on saturated skintones.

>>8172340
I'm curious as to why you want to ride a bike? For action shots? Just put the ends of the hair in a clear rubber band or a set of rubber bands. Either way, the whip of the wind will tangle the fibers. Mane and Tail spray will help them from getting too bad, but use a separate wig for the riding shots and your still shots all the same.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-detangler/SBS-756251,default,pd.html

>>8172131
Using a thick wig wont help as much as you think. Backcomb the roots of each section of braid before braiding, and spray in place.

>>8170763
Does it have to be an ebay seller?

>>8170463
I would recommend instead of looking at costume wigs, looking at wigs made for long term wear for black women. You'll find some good stuff.

>>8169398
You'll want something like this:

https://www.epiccosplay.com/aura-16-fusion-blue-black-straight-short-cosplay-wig.html

I HIGHLY recommend EpicCosplay. I own some of their wigs, and they still hold up after 3 years.
>>
>>8174929
>I can make a quick video tutorial if you want.
If you could, that'd be great!! Video tutorials always help me more than written ones, thank you so much!
>>
File: okabe_by_mesopelagic-d4xb6z0[1].png (652 KB, 900x1118) Image search: [Google]
okabe_by_mesopelagic-d4xb6z0[1].png
652 KB, 900x1118
What would be my best bet for Okabe?

It's for my boyfriend, he has a bigger head, so I was looking at Arda's Marty or Cady, since he has a tiny bit of shape in his hairline I figured Marty would be better because I can just trim back the widow's peak.

I would prefer to go with EpicCosplay, but I don't see anything that will definitely work for me there, unless anyone can make a suggestion.
>>
where do you get wig caps? I just buy the cheap ones at the drug store.
>>
>>8174979
ebay, amazon, wherever. All wig caps are cheap.

The mesh fishnet kind are infinitely better than the stocking kind though.
>>
>>8174929
>Does it have to be an ebay seller?
It's really my only option, but if you have any recommendations I'd be more than happy to see them
>>
>>8174957
I'll try to get a wig that I don't LOVE anymore to use this method on. I'll have to pick up some gel, so I'll try to post it as soon as possible.

>>8175002
I'm curious as to why, but I can recommend:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shirakiin-Ririchiyo-Inu-x-Boku-SS-Black-purple-blend-Anime-Cosplay-long-hair-wig-/251644745627?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9732179b

For Tharja. It's a dark purple and black blend wig made for Ririchiyo from Inu x Boku. The seller is relatively new, but is fast, and has 100% positive reviews.

I've ordered from here personally:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Style-7-Color-Fashion-Long-Straight-Womens-Girl-Full-Hair-Wig-Cosplay-Wig-/261361032425?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=560262956412&hash=item3cda54dce9

That is a black wig, not as long, but from a reputable seller.
>>
>>8173714
>>8174929

Thanks!
Well, yes, action shots and...I just want to ride a bike as my bby. It's also my transportation, but I don't *really* need to wear it before arriving at the location, as long as I can avoid ruining it by stuffing it in a tiny saddle bag. And that would also potentially ruin my makeup.

But yeah, I just wanna ride. I guess that's where the play part of cosplay is for?
>>
What do you guys suggest for detanging arda wigs and making them suck less? ive got one of their extremely long ones that tanges into a rat nest if you so much as look at it.
>>
>>8175203
Braid the wig for riding your bike, or use a separate one for the shots. Riding a bike will be damaging to your wig. Though I understand wanting to ride. I bought my husband a nice bike to help him get in shape and its a dust collector. Goodbye, 400 dollars.

>>8175251
Once again, Mane and Tail. I can do a wig detangling video if you want, since I just detangled one for spiral-chan.

My way of doing things is to first wash the wig in lukewarm water with either clarifying shampoo or dish detergent, and then let it soak in fabric softener for a day, before rinsing and drying. Then separate the wig into 8 sections and slowly brush up from the bottom with a wig brush. You will have fall out, this is unavoidable. The wig will be damaged, but if it's not curly, simply straighten the wig to cure the fibers back into a smooth shape.
>>
>>8151217
etiher, had a freind in the same boat, they choose light broan as the ginger blonde had too many yellow tones in it
>>
Hey guys

So my friend bought a really low quality wig, and wants to style it like Wanda. She couldn't really do it herself, so she has asked me to help her. I asked for a picture of the wig, and this is what I got. She doesn't have any products for synthetic hair, it's not heat resistant and I think that the 'hair' parting will be a problem.

It's just for a dress up party, and she's not a cosplayer, so I don't really think she cares if it doesn't turn out perfect (which it won't).
Though I have no idea of what to do with it! Anyone with any ideas?
>>
>>8177205
I think as long as she has a crown and you get some kind of curl into the wig it should be fine.
>>
>>8177205
I would have to say no to that wig. I have a feeling it's going to lack the wefts needed especially if you're pulling the hair away from crown. You also might not have enough to work with to make that curl.
>>
>>8177205
tbh I'd just put regular curls in it and call it a day, you'll never get that big front curl.

And tell her that next time she can get a MUCH nicer wig for probably less than she paid for that piece of shit.
>>
>>8177205
thats not even the right shade of pink :(
>>
>>8177227
>>8177251
How would you even make curls/a curl?
It's not heat resistant and I'm not really sure if regular hair products will work on a wig with such low quality.

>>8177251
Yeah, I even linked her several really cheap wigs on ebay weeks ago, yet she decided to go with that wig.

>>8177248
I would also tell her to buy another one - but the party is this weekend.

>>8177281
I think the color is a bit darker than on the pic. I hope so at least.
>>
File: paletuna.jpg (384 KB, 1422x1500) Image search: [Google]
paletuna.jpg
384 KB, 1422x1500
I want to do a qt Palutena crossplay [spoiler]as soon as I'm able to get it past my parents[/spoiler], would this be the right wig for her?

https://www.epiccosplay.com/asteria-50-forest-green-straight-extra-long-cosplay-wig.html
>>
File: $_12 (2).jpg (22 KB, 396x500) Image search: [Google]
$_12 (2).jpg
22 KB, 396x500
>>8177487
>https://www.epiccosplay.com/asteria-50-forest-green-straight-extra-long-cosplay-wig.html

personally I think it's too dark, I think you need something more like this shade
>>
>>8177499
Ah ok, which wig is that? and do they have it in Palutena's ridiculous length?
>>
>>8177502
this one was from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/fashion-100CM-Long-straight-Cosplay-Party-Wig-24Colors-free-gift-/151400755027?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=450585311221&hash=item2340302f53

It's 100cm, which is a long wig and I personally think a longer wig would be too much of a hassle for you
>>
>>8177512
Wow, the price is fantastic... have you bought from the before? How are their wigs?

I'm male, so I have a larger head - it isn't as much of a problem as for base ponytail wigs, though.
>>
>>8150069
I find Bodylines green 5 wig shade to be pretty damn close to that. If you want to check it out.
>>
File: Matt_Ishida.png (957 KB, 1202x899) Image search: [Google]
Matt_Ishida.png
957 KB, 1202x899
Give me your recs, seagulls. I'm going to make a Matt wig soon, but I'm stuck on whether I should buy a super thick Arda or Epic Cosplay wig, or buy two cheap $10/15 l'email wigs and sew them together. I thought Arda would be easier, but I don't know that I'm going to get all of the volume that I want. Thoughts?
>>
File: color.jpg (201 KB, 750x361) Image search: [Google]
color.jpg
201 KB, 750x361
I'm about to place and order with Lucaille wigs but I'm stuck between a wig of their color #4 and #5. I was wondering if anyone had pictures of either of these two colors so I could see them out of the stock photos? Also any info on the softness of these would be much appreciated!

Any help or advice is much appreciated
>>
>>8177358
You can use the heated water method to curl it, just use water that's not as hot as you'd use on a heat resistant wig. Warm enough to make the fivers pliable but not hot enough to melt them together. Trim a little off and test it if you can, otherwise go for like 100-120 degrees F.
>>
>>8161569
sell that one or try to lighten it with babypowder
>>
How do you style a bun and fancy braided hair without there being a million flyaways? All these random stands sticking out make me feel like my wig looks messy. Am I making it out to be worse than it is?
would a little hair spray help?
>>
I am looking around to no avail so...
Does anyone know of wig stores that carry wigs with a side part, like, with a skintop?
I remember skintop wigs were far more popular some years ago than now
>>
File: marty.jpg (64 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
marty.jpg
64 KB, 532x800
Thinking of getting this wig for a character since it's nearly perfect. The only problem is that the character doesn't have a widow's peak. Since this is a lacefront, would I just be able to trim off the widow's peak?

http://arda-wigs.com/products/marty
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 94

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.