[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TATTOOS AND COSPLAY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: Lower_leg_Tattoo.jpg (38 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Lower_leg_Tattoo.jpg
38 KB, 480x640
Ever got a temporary tattoo just for a cosplay?
>>
Two of my cosplays involve tattoos. One has a smaller tattoo on the wrist, so I just drew it and had it printed as a temporary tattoo. Saves a lot of time and there's no way to fuck it up, but the stuff the company uses for their tattoos does get kinda gross after a couple days from dirt and dust sticking to it, so unless I cover the tat when I'm done cosplaying, its too gross to wear multiple days in a row.

The other one has a large lower abdomen tattoo, and going the custom tat route would be too expensive so I made a stencil out of thin, flexible cardboard, taped the edges with masking tape for stability, and use body paint or Sharpie to apply it.
>>
Printer tattoo paper is your friend. I just draw up my own stuff and print it myself.
>>
How did you keep your tattoos from looking terribly fake? I used the printer paper and after I applied it, the tattoo was very shiny. I was also cosplaying pic related so getting it off was a bitch.
>>
>>8808810
I've heard applying translucent powder over it helps with the shine.
>>
>>8808572
It took me forever to figure out what part of the body that was.
>>
File: tumblr_npshezvbv81tlt7gpo1_1280.jpg (292 KB, 785x900) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_npshezvbv81tlt7gpo1_1280.jpg
292 KB, 785x900
>>8808810
Translucent setting powder.

I had to do a last minute tattoo for my husband. Ended up free handing it, using eye liner, sealing spray, and translucent powder. It held up pretty well throught the whole day.

And then the asshole scrubbed his arm that night and I had to redraw it again the next day. If he ever needs it again, we're going with the paper or at least a stencil.
>>
just ordered print yourself temporary tattoo paper, we'll see how it goes! It's a super basic tattoo but drawing on my right shoulder sounds like a pain in the butt.
>>
>>8808822
Seconding eyeliner, I didn't want to get any temp tattoo papers so I just made a stencil and drew it on with some cheap waterproof stuff I had laying around.
Worked like a charm, it didn't budge or crack the entire day and I had to really scrub to get it off.
>>
I made tattoos from print-your-own-temporary-tattoo paper for my Emmeryn cosplay and it worked like a charm. What I learned was the key to getting it to look good is to apply it in pieces. Translucent setting powder on top of temporary tattoos is wholly ineffective if you don't use 5+ layers of it, so to get rid of as much sheen as possible, cut out the pattern and apply it as accurate as possible instead or applying like a whole sheet. That way all the bits that don't have color don't leave a cover over your skin. If the sheen on the colored parts is still too strong for your liking, some hairsprays set matte or just use the translucent powder method. Everyone knows its fake anyway.
>>
>>8808572

Why are you saying like it's a bad thing? It's temporary.
>>
>>8808822
>scrubbed his arm that night and I had to redraw it again the next day

Not everyone is OCD like I am about showering every day, but even still basically being forced to keep that on into the next day is just so gross and unclean. Make-up blocks pores and that's how you get zits and shit.
With so many different options of characters to do even on a budget, there's really no need to do the same outfit the whole weekend.
>>
>>8809579
I was more passed because it took me a good hour to hour and a half the first time to do it.

I'd consider the unclean but he's kind of a gross dude, so he never even considers stuff like zits. The tattoo was on his forearm so it's not like we're talking a place like his face or back.
>>
File: cafereo_4589953354768.jpg (61 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cafereo_4589953354768.jpg
61 KB, 800x800
I'll be cosplaying pic related and im worried that if I use tattoo paper it will crease or flake whenever I bend at the stomach. or is this stuff sturdy enough for me not to have to worry?
>>
>>8809650
Do a test run.
>>
>>8808747
What company did you use?
>>
I cosplayed Meliodas a couple years ago and used jagua ink for his dragon tattoo. It worked really well and looked just like a tattoo and kept its quality for about a week. Unfortunately the color selection seems to be limited to black and... maybe blue? I'm not sure.

...Looking at the tattoo now, I guess it's supposed to be reddish? There weren't any color refs of it at the time... Whoops, guess I'll have to try the tattoo paper if I wear him again.
>>
>>8808747
I would tape some cellophane over it at night/when you arent cosplaying to stop so much dust getting to it
>>
File: temp_tattoo.jpg (23 KB, 960x541) Image search: [Google]
temp_tattoo.jpg
23 KB, 960x541
>>8809921
stickeryou.com

Pic related it what I had printed.
>>
I'm gonna cosplay Chloe from Life is Strange and I've been thinking about buying some printable paper, divide the template in two pieces and then put it together on my arm. Since this paper is extremely expensive I don't think is a good idea. Any of you had a similiar problem?
>>
>>8810223
Diff anon, do you have a pic that shows the texture better? I've done print-at-home temp tats before for fun, but the water slide paper included with the kits is really shiny unless you spray and powder it.

Do stickeryou's tats show creases or look "thick" on the skin?
>>
File: IMAG0780.jpg (2 MB, 2760x1632) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0780.jpg
2 MB, 2760x1632
>>8810457
I cut off a corner and applied it just now to show the texture. It is a bit shiny, but from a distance its hardly noticeable unless its on a fully bent joint like the third pic. It does kind of have a wrinkled appearance though because it gets in the little cracks on the skin.
>>
>>8810526
Thanks you so much! That still looks a lot thinner than the stuff I've used; both silhouette and a generic brand had a much thicker plasticky look to them.
>>
I used Silhouette Temporary Tattoo Paper in the past and while it was really nerve wracking to put them together, the results were good. The tattoos were shiny but if you powdered them it wasn't too bad. Also they were unreally durable. I soaked my arm in water to remove one and still had to tear it off like a bandage.
They wrinkled like a motherfucker if you applied them at a joint though.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1452449163707.jpg (11 KB, 208x494) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1452449163707.jpg
11 KB, 208x494
No but I'm considering doing it for my gf if she's ok with it. Wonderi ng what'd be the easiest way to do it though considering it's somewhere unconventional (pic related, upper right thigh)
>>
>>8808818
Dude seriously I could tell from the thumbnail...
>>
>>8808747
>sharpie
Anon why
>>
>>8810868
If I don't have body paint with me, or don't want to waste body paint for smaller cons or short wearing times, it works. The piece is too large to use pretty much anything else.
>>
>>8810703
Tights. Screenprint the design on, wear them under the thigh-highs. It'll look a lot better and won't flake off or wrinkle if you do it properly.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.