[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to my very first convention and would like tips
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: threadOP.jpg (20 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
threadOP.jpg
20 KB, 275x183
I'm going to my very first convention and would like tips on how to not seem so new
>>
>>9099684
don't know how to properly make a thread?
>>
literally no one will notice/care that it's your first con so don't sweat it

some tips:
1.) bring a cosplay repair kit if you'll be in cosplay
2.) don't forget to drink water and feed yourself; pack food if you want to minimize spending costs
3.) also get some sleep at some point
4.) download the scheduling app if there is one, otherwise
5.) if the map/guide is only on paper, take photos of the maps and panels you're interested in with your phone
6.) stay away from people that rub you as creepy or unsettling
7.) have a budget and try to stick to it
8.) don't ask cosplayers for photos if they're eating or actively busy with something else (if they're just talking to friends it's usually ok to ask though)
9.) if you want to go to a main event like the masquerade, line up early
10.) carry around a phone charger just in case

that's all i can think of off the top of my head, let me know if you have any other questions
>>
>>9099684
For the love of God, shower and use Deodorant. The lack of hygiene at cons is a nightmare
>>
This thread pertains to my troubles,so consider this a bump for personal interest
>>
File: 1435955919636.jpg (34 KB, 540x390) Image search: [Google]
1435955919636.jpg
34 KB, 540x390
first time posting too?

>that file size

hahahaha but seriously, i remember freaking out about my first convention, thinking everyone would care what I wore and that I would miss out on all the good stuff because I don't know the ends and outs.

Just walk through that hall with confidence (fake it til you make it), if you're going with a friend even better, and try not to impulse buy everything you see.

I did that my first con and spent about $300, so unless you have that much extra to spend, try and see every booth before you buy!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.