[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lolita/Kawaii/Cosplay shops in Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 443x332
I'm traveling to Europe soon (Ireland, Italy, Germany, England and France), and I was wondering if anyone could suggest cute stores to visit ( because all the live journal pots are super old). I'm already going BTSSB in Paris. Anything else worth checking out
>>
>>9038777
When you say cute stores what are you after exactly? Lolita/jfashion stuff or places with a cute atmosphere in general? Because if it's the first one then you're gonna have a hard time finding anything in the UK. I think there was a shop in North London/Camden selling overpriced lace monsters but I've never been there myself. Always wondered why Paris seems to get all the cute shops instead, I guess it must be the Japanese tourists tho
>>
>>9038792
Yeah, think I'll avoid the lace monsters. I'm just looking for anything cute. Even just cute cafes.
>>
>>9038795
I'm assuming you'll be going to London. I'd definitely recommend the Fan Museum in Greenwich, it's the daintiest place I've been to in my life & the exhibition is beautiful, they also have a conservatory where they do incredibly good value afternoon tea. There's also
a Laduree around Piccadilly but that's pretty expensive obvs.
In terms of shopping Shoreditch has two shops that carry Korean fashion (Our Wandering Minds and Glassworks) if that's your thing. There's also a Tabio shop in Covent Garden which has Japanese socks and tights, some of them are incredibly cute and the quality is great. Covent Garden is pretty good for cute shops in general.
>>
>>9038777
Worlds End is Vivienne Westwood's original store. You must check it out. For any lolita, it is a must.
>>
>>9038792
The last time I went to Camden (which was years ago) there was actually a super cute shop full of cute girlish clothes that could easily be incorporated into otome or larme or even lolita. I have no idea what it was called, though. The tag in the blouse I bought from them just says "Maiden".
>>
>>9038777
I think AP opens a store in Paris this summer.
>>
I'll be in Barcelona in a week, I know it's a long shot, but is there anything cute or jfashion-y around there?
>>
>>9038777
There is also a Axes Femme shop in Paris, I went there last April. It is not that far from the BTSSB shop.
>>
>>9039161
Madame Chocolat! They have various J- and Alt-fashion stuff and some second-hand brand
>>
>>9039214
Is it easy to get to? I'll be with friends and they won't want to walk for ages or catch the metro. None of us know Barcelona that well.
>>
>>9038777
There's literally nothing in the UK.
>>
>>9038792
Sai Sai in Camden now sell infanta along with the lace monsters. Of course price is higher than buying direct from Taobao but it's good to be able to try stuff on somewhere!

Seconding the shops full of cute lacey girly clothes too- there's a few now and some things would work well for larme or otome, and some of the more drapey stuff for mori too.
>>
I'm going to France too, I want to buy lots of berets.
>>
I wish americunts would stop coming to my country.
>>
>>9040076
Sai Sai is such a letdown- I remember visiting years back before I started wearing lolita, in the hopes of getting a jsk or skirt from there with my birthday money.
The only things I found were 'old-school' styled lace monsters, some hot topic-tier gothic lolita dresses, and some sweet main pieces which felt and looked like they were made out of my grandma's table covers. Really thick and rough. They were priced about £50-80.

That being said, if you're careful with what you're buying, they do have some very good pieces that work with gothic.

From time to time there will be some pop up stores in Camden Market that do sell some lolita/cute stuff, but they usually are overpriced or shot lived. I remember last time I went (a year ago?) I stumbled upon this stall which had some really cute, decent blouses. I bought one, then recently realised that it is almost a direct replica of one of meta's older blouses. It's pretty good quality at least.
>>
>>9039220
I walked there when I was staying in Barcelona. I'd say it's maybe a 10-15 min walk from the square at the top of Ramblas
>>
If you're in London there's Terminal D which does cute Korean fashion and Artbox which has cute Japanese stationary, plushies and some listen flavour t-shirts. They're next to each other in Seven Dials (just off Covent Garden). There's also Skinny Dip (same area) which has fun glitter purses and novelty shape bags, they had cute seashell ones a little while back.

A little off topic but if your into tabletop games/books/geek stuff then Orcs Nest and Forbidden Planet are quite close, just off Shaftesbury Avenue.
>>
>>9038777
Nothing in Italy, we don't even have a comm
>>
>>9040186
I first visited Sai Sai a few years back and yup ot was exactly as you described. That's why I mentioned they now sell Infanta because the prices for the Infanta pieces aren't dissimilar to the rest of their 'lolita' but the quality is obviously nicer.

They had some.nice gothic accessories too, so I'd say it's worth popping in while you look for the cute girly shops- which yes very frustratingly are never in the same place twice.
>>
I wonder if this is helpful?
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1uqi_kzE9_EC1AyBHCGSHEK3hkPk
>>
I don't know where you're going to in Germany, but Hamburg and Berlin both have a Jstore, selling kawaii stationary, manga and stuff, but also IW and milklim. Prices are decent. Both stores have a purikura machine, with the one in Hamburg you can transfer the purikura to your phone via an app
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.