[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CGL White Day Part 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 24
File: white day.gif (122 KB, 400x467) Image search: [Google]
white day.gif
122 KB, 400x467
We're petering out, but I know there are still more gifts to come!

>If you think you have been grinched, email [email protected] (not me)

>Some people have items still with their SS, I recommend if that's the case that you say so, to let your giftees know!

>Post if you have sent/received gifts
>>
File: image.jpg (467 KB, 1072x1501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
467 KB, 1072x1501
AH from QLD! Today I got your gift and I don't know where to start. I love everything! (Well I haven't tried the plum and seaweed tea)

I was so looking forward to everything! I'm in love with the broach, I saw the first? Ones at your store and almost got one but I'm so glad I didn't (id have gone for red haha, I don't know what you'd have done) and the set of jewellery goes amazingly with my Gardenberries! It looks like cherries and I have cuffs with them on it too (thanks Bodyline). The gold necklace had to be untangled by my mum, I think shipping just tangled it, but it's so perfect. I can't wait to wear it with my coords. The beret is also super gorgeous, I'll have to buy some pink/green accessories to match it to my wardrobe because I love it so much.

The perfume smells amazing, the hand cream is like silk, and super cute! The sticky notes are probably the most adorable things ever and I will definitely put them to use since I'm so forgetful!

Chesepin has affectionately been named Dani and I am affectionately named blown away. Thank you so much again!

/end blog post
>>
File: worried.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
worried.jpg
64 KB, 1280x720
>>8947044
>At first glance I thought those tea packets were tampons
>>
>>8947037
If there is a gull that's been grinched, could I feasibly step in and send them something?
I have never participated, but I was thinking I'd like to.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1459934792285.jpg (1 MB, 1024x1433) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1459934792285.jpg
1 MB, 1024x1433
LT from VIC here
So sorry I haven't gotten around to taking the pictures, I've just gotten back from the Easter holidays.

Thank you to all of my giftees! They have all arrived safely and I am absolutely amazed at how thoughtful every gift was!

And for those wondering, the biscuit clips aren't biscuits coated in resin.

I love the berets! Can't wait to incorporate them into my future coords!
>>
File: pols closet.png (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pols closet.png
164 KB, 500x500
>CGL White Day

/pol/ here, glad you guys are waking up.
>>
File: 1459801165899.jpg (454 KB, 1021x877) Image search: [Google]
1459801165899.jpg
454 KB, 1021x877
Reposting from previous thread in case my giftee missed it:
ET from TX, package went out with yesterday's mail and should be on the way. I sent Organizer-anon tracking info; it's Priority so it should deliver by Friday!

>>8948603
>the biscuit clips aren't biscuits coated in resin.
kek
>>
File: 984651651.jpg (30 KB, 680x400) Image search: [Google]
984651651.jpg
30 KB, 680x400
>>8948769
>>
File: diotears.gif (104 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
diotears.gif
104 KB, 500x280
>>8947037
So I sent the White Day anon an email about getting grinched.
>>
>>8952019
I sent one a week ago and haven't heard anything.
I've resigned myself to just being grinched. Glad my giftee liked her gift at least.
>>
>>8952023
You mean you didn't hear anyhing from the white day anon?
Sorry to hear you've been grinched also.
>>
>>8952027
Yeah. I never got a reply email.
>>
File: 84132345.jpg (75 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
84132345.jpg
75 KB, 800x450
>>8952029
>>
>>8952031
Well, we could do an exchange since we were both grinched if you want. I don't mind sending out another package if you want to.
>>
>>8952038
Same anon. But I live in Canada. So that might make shipping wonky for you...
>>
>>8952042
Oh, one of my silent giftees was also from Canada. It wouldn't be a problem. I'd be up for it, if you want.
Or could it by any chance be you? I did not have tracking for the package, but I sent it like three weeks ago, it should have arrived by now.
>>
>>8952052
I'm AM from Ontario. Was it me?
>>
>>8952058
Sadly no.
>>
>>8952068
Boo.
Well, if you want to exchange send me an email and we can sort it out.
>>
>>8952023
White Day Anon mentioned she would be without email access for a while, check last thread for deets
>>
File: 2016-04-08_17.39.17.jpg (1 MB, 1380x1219) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-08_17.39.17.jpg
1 MB, 1380x1219
JL I have received my gift! I can't even explain how much I love everything! If I could cry I would, haha. Thank you so much, my week is made!
>>
Still waiting on my giftee to post pictures. Please, if you have received a gift and haven't posted anything do so. Even if you don't have a camera, borrow one, chances are you know someone who has one you can use quickly and it'll really make your gifter's day.
>>
>>8953855
i think it's fine to say you got the package and talk about it without pictures. some people might find it crass to display a private gift onto a public forum.
>>
>>8953893
you're that cunt from the previous thread that 'doesn't have a camera'

also you're wrong. it's important to post since some people's addresses were messed up. atleast post what the contents were.
>>
>>8953919
i'm not. why the strong language?
>>
>>8953893
Please post what you've received or do not participate.
>>
>>8953893
It's not crass, it's part of the experience and it's a nice gesture to thank your gifter. It's more crass to not post it and just say something like "I got it thnx ".
>>
I feel like the Christmas event was full of much less awful people.
>>
File: 1455387251668.jpg (64 KB, 406x406) Image search: [Google]
1455387251668.jpg
64 KB, 406x406
Grinched anons, did you think about doing something on your own about this?
Considering you have the full name and address of these people, know what I mean.
>>
>>8955135
No, because I'm not some 12 year old shitlord.
>>
>>8955135
just report it to White Day anon (who i think is still on vacation).

on the subject of pictures: i have been in direct contact with both of my gifters, but i do promise to share pics anyway. i am holding the sweets they gave me hostage as motivation. no munching till pics are taken!
>>
>>8955135
Exactly what >>8955137 said. Coming into this I knew there would be some risk of being grinched. If you're angry about it maybe see if there are generous anons around who could give you a gift? Pretty sure people have offered a bunch of times.
>>
Unsure if I got grinched or if my person is still waiting on items. I guess I'll just have to email white day anon.
>>
>>8954276
I was just about to ask this. How come it seems like so many people were grinched? I've never done the xmas event, and when I saw this I thought it was be fun, Were people just better behaved because it's Christmas and most people don't wanna be dicks during the holidays?
>>
>>8953855
Seriously, this. I sent out three gifts at the end of February and only one of them posted pictures.

As for the receiving end, I've gotten two of three, both of which I posted.
>>
>>8955212
Without numbers it is hard to say if it is more now or not. It could just be that people are more vocal this time since there was an attempt to stop grinching that didnt work. It also depends on the numbers, was it more people this time around? I also wonder if there was more people signing up to give to a lot, as I know there was one that backed out like that. It could just be a few people who are dicks who made a lot of people annoyed.
>>
I still haven't gotten my gift and I know the post from the country my giftee doesn't take that long since I lived there for a year. I have definitely been grinched and I spent $80 on her! She didn't even post any pics at all either.
>>
>>8955469
Also wanted to mention if any anons are offering to give gifts. I might like it, and I'd be happy to send out a thank you even.
>>
>>8955469
Have you contacted White Day anon yet? Maybe you giftee was held up sending the gift? I saw a few people last thread just sending their stuff out.
>>
ngl I totally ruined my anons gift before sending it out and had to wait until this week's pay to get them something new. Ended up spending double and having it shipped direct.
>>
>>8955469
>>8955472
sounds like you're milking for more gifts.

If white-day anon comes back soon, I'd like to help her organise a second wave of gifts for those grinched, since she has contact with everyone, emails and addresses included.

What people don't realise is that white day anon has to check that
1. The 'grinched' person was a participant, not someone who didn't skip the signup date until seeing the gifts
2. They have to email the giftee and check they have the proof of postage to, again, ensure no scamming.

It's not that easy, but I'll help out if white day anon needs it.
>>
Okay, I'm finally posting because I've been ashamed about it, my giftee - ML from OH - I am ordering your gifts this week. I had been out of work for almost a year and when i signed up initially for the exchange i was not working yet and expected to find a job and get paid in time to participate in a timely manner. Anyway, i started working two weeks before white day, but then there was all this crap with delayed paychecks, late rent, checks being held for over a week by the bank... it sounds ridiculous but is true. Anyway, i am sorry, i am working on it!

If it makes you feel any better, i have yet to receive anything from my gifter as well.
>>
I live in a country with an awful customs, so I'm always reluctant on join those events. But if the white day anon or other organizes something to send gifts to grinched anons, I'm willing to participate sending a gift or two, cuz at least for sending things my country mail service works perfectly fine.
>>
>>8957374
>If it makes you feel any better, i have yet to receive anything from my gifter as well.
we are matched directly with our gifters, it is an equal swap this time. so it's kind of funny that you are apologizing when it seems she did not send to you yet either
>>
>>8957412
HA!

On a related note, do you get the feeling that some people don't send anything until they get their package? I mean, as in they don't intentionally want to grinch someone but they're so afraid of being grinched they wait until they have their gift in hand to purchase/send out their giftee's stuff? Which would potentially cause this whole circle of worried anons grinching each other out of fear of being grinched causing more grinching than would have happened had they just trusted their partners.
Also >>8957374 I respect the fact that you want to participate but please for goodness sake do not commit to something unless you are immediately financially able to go through with it. There will always be other exchanges. And you should contact White Day anon about your partner.
>>
>>8957659
>On a related note, do you get the feeling that some people don't send anything until they get their package?
i was really late for other issues, but i feared people would think this was the case for me. participation in this (and the SS) has brought out a lot of the real-world anxiety and shame i usually come to 4chan to be free of. i am still scared of how i "look" to my giftees and to /cgl/ for how i have conducted myself, and high among that is being shamefully late to send packages.
>>
>>8957659
I wonder if this is the reason why I haven't received anything yet. I was unable to send anything until the deadline which was like March 15th or something. I shot WDA an email but yeah.
>>
>>8957659
>On a related note, do you get the feeling that some people don't send anything until they get their package?

I didn't spend until my giftees had posted in the thread. I got both their packages after I'd sent mine, but I knew, at least, that they were following the thread and being active.

>>8957374
seconding the fact that you should not commit to something without having the funds. That's just stupid. The person you are gifting hasn't sent you anything, they probably saw that you weren't posting at all and decided you'd grinch them.
>>
File: 0badge.jpg (113 KB, 490x240) Image search: [Google]
0badge.jpg
113 KB, 490x240
I signed up for the Secret Santa but opted out of White Day because lack of proper funds. Now I've gotten into making custom accessories and such, even opened my own store and can't wait for the next event! I hope we have another exchange before December. The state of this thread though...seems unlikely that anyone wants to organize for such a high grinch rate.
>>
>>8957715
I can probably organise a secret santa in November/December in collaboration with WDA if she gives me the details of the people who grinched (first and last names, as well as emails so they don't sneak in). WDA has had a few things going on this time around, no internet, taking longer than expected to match and send out info etc. so I doubt she will do it again.

It's unlikely we'll have another one before then, though, as gifts are still trickling in from white day. Someone in the first? thread got a gift from their secret santa.

I was thinking, though, with crafters, maybe there could be a craft exchange sort of thing? I'd love to make something unique for someone and get something unique in return.
>>
>>8957742
I would dig that very much. Make it a whole June/July kind of affair.
>>
>>8948769
Kill yourself.
>>
>>8957742
Omg. I make a shit ton of craft stuff!

Definitely down for a craft exchange! Do it, Anon!!
>>
>>8957742
I am so down for crafts.
>>
Oh my goooood! HG from Canada, I JUST got your Secret Santa gift!

I got a missed delivery slip for a "large envelope" and just assumed that it would be a ring I ordered that was slightly too big to fit into the mailbox.. Talk about a shock when I got to the post office and she hands over a 4" tube, haha!

I'll try to get a photo soon. I need to find somewhere to fit the scroll! The pocket watch is super sweet, too!
>>
>>8957745
>>8957846
>>8957915

Glad that you anons think it's a good idea! I may post it in the resin and draw thread to get a general show of hands. I was thinking of making it more of a year-round thing. So you can actually just exchange your crafts with someone else.

You'd submit a photo of the general type of crafts you're willing to make and a link to your store (if you have one) and then be matched with someone based on price, quality and your shipping locations.

Drawfags can also send art prints, and it'd be based on price/skill too. If a crafter is open to a picture, they can be matched.

The idea is mainly to get an exchange going on between different artists to crosspromote and enjoy, so of course you can put down that you don't mind being matched with any level of creativity.
>>
File: 20160412_154249.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160412_154249.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
SS, I got your gift today!

Thank you so much, the packing was so nice and everything inside so cute. And I'm in love with the JoJo phone accessory.
You made my day, I did not expect it.

Also, my tracking says you got my package on March 31st, but you did not post in the thread. Hope you liked everything as much as I did!
>>
>>8957939
100% on board with this idea.

being linked to our shops will help avoid freeloaders too.
>>
File: 20160412_201849.jpg (241 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
20160412_201849.jpg
241 KB, 800x1066
>>8948769
>>8957968
>Happy White Day from SS!

I just realised how funny this is, especially when I'm located in Austria. My flatmate already had a good laugh after reading the card.

Thank you again, SS!
>>
>>8957939
>>8958334
Let's also ensure that that the organizer contacts participants through their shops rather than e-mail. At least at first to verify.
>>
CC from Canada here. AM from Canada and KK from Austria, I'm SUPER sorry for disappearing on you both. I promise I haven't forgotten about you, and I'm not grinching you- I ended up having to take leave from work to go be with my family due to something that happened with my grandfather. I will definitely still be sending you gifts (and they will be extra big packages to make up for the super long wait). Things should be back to normal for me soon, so I should be able to get your gifts together and sent out in the next two weeks or so.
Again, I'm so, so sorry guys. This happened out of nowhere, so I had to drop everything and go with almost no notice.
>>
File: white day presents.jpg (567 KB, 841x551) Image search: [Google]
white day presents.jpg
567 KB, 841x551
UghHHH I'm sorry, I'm pretty much the worst! I love putting effort into gifts, but I have to admit I'm a bit of a spoiled brat when I actually get them. It's also been hell at work, so I haven't had a lot of time or energy to post proper pictures.

I'm sorry my shoddy camera doesn't do this justice! JM from Canada and KK from Austria, I got both of your gifts a couple weeks ago and I was absolutely thrilled with everything I got!

JM, your accessories are SO cute and are so perfect for my wardrobe! Thank you so much! I was finally able to wear out a dress I've had for months because of the matching white headbow. You mentioned that they were handmade, so I was wondering if you have a store or something? If so, I'd love to buy more stuff from you!

KK, I was so stoked to receive your gifts! I have a huge sweet tooth. Thank you so much for all the incredible sweets, candies, and snacks! I've tried all of them except for the Katzenzungen. I've loved every single thing you've sent so far! You've also basically ruined chocolate for me, because now I feel like nothing in the US can compare to some of the snacks you sent me haha. Thank you so much!

PS the cat likes them too.

>>8957968
Oh man, I'm so glad! I was so bummed out I couldn't find much stuff of any of the fandoms you listed, but I'm really glad you got my gifts in one piece and that you liked the JoJo charm! Thank you!
>>
>>8957968
If anything, maybe it's a subliminal message. I just finished teaching my students about the Holocaust and the memoir Night by Elie Wiesel, so maybe I was still in WWII Nazi Germany mode hahaha.

S-surprise, it's the SS.
>>
>>8960912
No prob, hope all gets fine with you. Thank you for letting us know.
Did you receive our gifts, though?

>>8960974
Hello SS, KK(K) here! Glad you liked all, and sorry for ruining the chocolate, haha.
Also, 10/10 cat.
>>
I think I got grinched.
>Wouldn't even be that mad if I hadn't spent $20 just to ship their package
>>
>>8957742
I would love that I couldn't get in on the White Day exchange because I haven't no feedback but I had so much fun sewing doing delicate crochet for the Christmas exchange! Also any on who gets brunches I'll drop an email and probably do up to 5 small handmade things as a little something to nake up for it.
>>
sent my person their present, I had to ask them for confirmation in the thread if they got it, have yet to receive a gift from them, WDA is still on vacation so they haven't been able to email them to check up on them, and it seems like they don't check this thread either because someone else mentioned them earlier in this thread and I didn't see them respond to it. sigh
>>
>>8963918
Anon, if WDA can't access her email, how is she meant to look at the thread? WDA posted in the last thread about her vacation.
>>
File: IMG_20160416_172242.jpg (1 MB, 1564x1564) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160416_172242.jpg
1 MB, 1564x1564
Got my package from SP from Canada today!
Everything in it is very cute and nice, and the tea looks and smells wonderful! I don't have a David's tea in my area so I'm very excited to try it especially since I just ran out of my favorite tea!
Thank you so much for everything, it was a wonderful surprise to come home to after a long day!
>>
>>8965005
Glad to hear it. Hopefully they taste as good as they smell!
>>
>>8964160
Sorry, wording there was bad. The person that doesn't check the thread, I was referring to the person I was assigned with.
>>
damn, i should've done something for this, now i wanna send shit to fellow seagulls
>>
It seems like even more anons were grinched during this event than the Secret Santa round. I want to propose the following for future events:
>Blacklists
Grinches (those who never sent gifts) are blacklisted from future events. To clarify, a Grinch should only be called such if the Recipient never receives a package and the Sender is unable to provide proof of shipping.
>Proof of shipping mandatory
A photograph of the Ready-To-Ship package (showing Recipient details AND postage affixed to the package) and mailing receipt are required in order to constitute as proof of shipping. Tracking not mandatory but highly recommended.
>Confirmation of receipt mandatory
The Recipient is required to confirm within 7 days that the package is received. Photographs are not required but highly recommended. Failure to confirm receipt will result in the participant being placed on Probation.
>Probation
Regardless of a person's credibility (i.e. feedback scores from online shops), participants on probation will be limited to the lowest tier (e.g. $5-$10; Tier pricing TBD at the time of the event) and only allowed maximum 2 gifts and 4 cards. Probationary status will be removed once the participant has successfully participated in the event.
First time participants will be automatically placed on probation.

What do you gulls think?
>>
>>8968153
I would also suggest an overall cap on gift giving. There's too much risk in having people wanting to give/get 4+ gifts only to have them grinch or back out last minute.
>>
>>8960974
JM here. Sorry this came a little late after your post, I saw it just now. Really glad you liked everything! You gave me so many things, I'm just worried that I didn't give YOU enough!
I do have a store, shoot me an email if you like and I'll link you.
>>
>>8968177
The reason I didn't suggest a cap is because chances are, if you signed up for 4 and are sending out one gift then you will most likely send out your 3 other gifts as well... That is to say, I think people either send out all their gifts (whitelisted anons) or none of their gifts (grinches). Not to mention the only participants that would be able to do 3+ gifts are gulls who have participated before and did not grinch. It's people who sign up for 4 and send 0 that are the problem, hence why I suggested a probationary period for newcomers and rulebreakers that would minimize loss while still being "fair". What do others think? I only ever sign up for 2 gifts at a time so larger quantities are not something I can speak from experience.
>>
>>8968177
Adding to >>8968240, maybe a rule for backing out last minute for whatever reason will result in probation.
Gifts postmarked 30 days after the due date also will result in probation.
Senders who fail to postmark gifts 30 days after the due date AND who do not notify Organizers/Recipient about late mailing will be blacklisted, regardless of whether the gift is sent or not (is this too harsh?).
>>
>>8968240
SMMM/Mexico-anon is an example of someone who signed up for multiple (no idea how many) gifts and it doesn't seem like she sent out anything.

Who's to say that these people won't just give alternate names/emails/addresses to evade a blacklist? You also need to assume that the person running the event has enough time to dedicate to put these rules into action even after the event. That's what happened with Santa-anon after they dropped communication after Christmas and WD-anon now that they are on vacation. You really need a group of people not to fuck it up.
>>
>>8968272
This is why I suggested a probation for newcomers. If you sign up with details we have not seen before (i.e. a new address) then you will be presumed a newcomer, and thus limited to 2 gifts at the lowest tier. Someone who was blacklisted before would not be able to sign up for 3+ gifts at once due to being on probation.

That being said, I don't know what to tell you, anon. If someone is determined to evade a blacklist by signing up multiple times with different names/addresses then there really isn't anything we can do to "scam-proof" these events. Keep in mind this is an anonymous image board on the internet. There will always be risk involved because there's no way you can hold others accountable.

I am fine with a gift cap but I also only sign up for 2 gifts so it does not affect me. Perhaps some anons who have signed up for 3+ gifts can chime in with their opinions on a gift cap.

(cont. in next post)
>>
>>8968403 (cont.)
>>8968272
>organizers
All I can say for this is YMMV. Like any organization, upkeep will fall on the individual(s) running it. People who volunteer to run these events should be well-aware of the work involved; having some rules established would help them decide if they want to put in the hours or not. For example, those who want to help run the event should be fully aware of the following responsibilities:
>Record Keeping (data entry)
Processes and enters all Participant applications into database. Screens for Blacklisted applicants; marks Probationary applicants. Updates database regularly with shipping status (proof of sending and confirmation of receipt). Post-event, updates database to indicate which Participants are now blacklisted, on Probation, and have successfully served through Probation.

>Communications (customer service/marketing)
Creates and markets events, i.e. creates thread for new gift exchanges. Matches Participants based off tiers and preferences; informs Participants of matches. Regularly screens thread & email for concerns/issues raised and Participants' proof of mailing & receipt; bumps thread from pg10 and creates new thread after auto sage. Reassigns Participants as needed (dropouts, re-tiering, etc); sends tracking info to Recipients (where applicable). Point of contact between Organizers and Participants.

At minimum it should be a 2-person job; ideally there would be 2 people per team (for 4 organizers total) in the event that one person is busy and does not have time to work on this.

As always, would like to hear your thoughts/suggestions.
>>
>>8968153
>The Recipient is required to confirm within 7 days that the package is received.

You mean within 7 days of receiving the package, right?
>>
ML from OH, what's up? I remember you said you were having problems with tracking in china, I responded to your last post but I haven't seen anything from you since then. Since white day anon is on vacation I have no idea if you've tried to contact me through them either.

If you're having problems with the mail I can understand that but drop me some updates in this thread or something, the silence isn't good.
>>
>>8968447
Yep. Fixed for you:
>The Recipient is required to confirm receipt within 7 days of receiving the package.
>>
>>8968408
>>8968403
It's one thing to make all of these rules, but it's something entirely different to enlist them and do it consistently. If you want something more efficient and secure for yourself and others then why don't you join a team and help out? Otherwise it'll be the same thing every time /cgl/ decides to have one of these gift events.
>>
>>8968535
I feel like the point of my posts was missed. I am not complaining about the situation. These events are new and problems were bound to happen. But in order to circumvent these problems for the next event, we need to have some discussion. I would hope that the ideas we come up with will help organizers--be them you, me, or other anons--put together future exchanges.

I'm happy to volunteer my time for events that I will actually participate in, such as the next Secret Santa event. There was talks of a crafting exchange earlier - not something I am interested in, but hopefully what we come up with in this thread will help organizer-volunteers put together an exchange with minimal grinching and better follow-through.

tl; dr
O R G A N I Z A T I O N
R
G
A
N
I
Z
A
T
I
O
N
>>
AM from USA here. I just got a random package from Japan and I'm not sure if it's from SP from Canada because the name on it has initials NN. SP from Canada if you're here please let me know!
>>
>>8969810
Yup, it should be from me. If it's a small Amavel outfit then that's the correct package.
>>
>>8970009
Okay, I was really confused actually. I did have a question for you though. Not to be mean, but, were you maybe unsure about what fashion I wore? I thought I was clear enough in my submission...
>>
File: 1458266466147.gif (954 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1458266466147.gif
954 KB, 400x225
>>8970100
Wow.
>>
>>8970102
What? I'm really not trying to be mean. But the outfit I got isn't anything like himegyaru at all...I was just confused if it got mistaken for himekaji because that makes a little more sense. Plus it came direct from the Japan instead of Canada.
>>
>>8970100
>>8970102
Not them, but to be fair there's really no polite way to ask something like that... And if she got something that's not her specified style I can understand why she would be confused.
>>
MC from Mexico, LT from VIC here.
I sent you your gift ages ago in February, and maybe I missed your post in Thread #3. Just wondering if you've received it?
>>
>>8970100
No, it isn't meant to be himegyaru, just a casual jfashion outfit. I personally don't dress in that style and I have no interest in that style, so I didn't want to risk getting something that was totally off the mark. I also don't know how small or short certain brands are that cater for that style, but I am familiar with stores like Amavel, hence the particular outfit I bought for you.
>>
>>8970187
not that anon but did you totally miss the point of the valentines? part of why we wrote out styles was to let people know what we liked...
>>
>>8970134
Not yet! I just received a card from valentine's day, so I'm guessing your package will arrive sometime next week.
>>
File: har.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
har.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
>>8970194
The point of this event is to be grateful for the gifts you're getting, anon.
>>
>>8970126
Hmm. Even if it's an honest question, telling your gifter that the clothes they just spent money on for you are the wrong fashion is a little tacky. It's almost the equivalent of your family member buying you an ugly shirt that doesn't match your wardrobe, but instead of complaining you're supposed to smile and say thank you. Even if the clothes aren't quite the right style she asked for, saying "I thought I was clear enough..." comes off as pretty rude. I would be happy that the gifter even tried their best at all to try to get it right, considering that they could've been one of the many people that got grinched.
>>
>>8970204
no. it's not otherwise why put effort into listing interests and styles? you sound like such a cunt. obviously if anon was confused as fuck you did a terrible job even picking out shit she likes i am so glad my giftee actually got me nice shit.
>>
>>8970207
i disagree according to >>8970187 she didn't even actually try.
>>
>>8970209
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed your gifts. If she wishes, all the tags should still be attached to the items, and she call sell them online to find something more towards her style.
>>
>>8970209
maybe i'm bitter cause i'm pretty sure i got grinched, but damn, I would be happy that i even got anything at all.

in other news, starting to get a little miffed that i spent almost 95 bucks on my person only to get grinched by them. i hope this isn't the case, i sent an email to white day anon and i'm still waiting to hear back. does anyone know when she's supposed to come back from vacation?
>>
>>8970215
i'm glad i didn't get paired off with a bloody vagina like you. you're the same bitch who apparently can't take pics from the last thread. i don't think you're right for these events they should be more personal. you seem ungrateful as fuck on top of not putting in effort.
>>
>>8970219
I'll buy you something, anon! I definitely understand where the other anon is coming from though. What's the point of doing this if you don't personalize it. Anon could have mentioned she doesn't know that fashion and asked for other things she could buy instead of being lazy and buying a brand she likes.
>>
>>8970204
>>8970102
this shit is mad rude.
>>
>>8970215
That's pretty annoying for the giftee.
>>
>>8970229
yeah, i see what you're saying. and thank you anon, you're very kind. i'm probably gonna wait until white day anon gets back to me so i can see whats up, but i appreciate that.
>>
the amount of salt in this thread has gone overboard. I don't know if this is a bunch of people or just one but someone needs to calm down.
>>
>>8970266
at least one person with a particular writing style has been stirring shit in different threads for their own amusement. i think most of us in the gift exchange have had a lovely time, and others were grinched, but i suspect not every complainer is an actual participant.
>>
>>8970266
the girl who is being complained about started shit last thread. if you remember.
>>
>>8970187
>>8970215
Giftee anon here. I'm not necessarily ungrateful I'm just kind of disappointed. I mentioned the fashion I like. i am not Lolita and tried to get you items you would like based on your wishlist etc...I am a bit upset that you didn't even pay attention to my preferred color, let alone style...plus the other anon got a very personal gift while I got a bag from an SS. I'm not mad just wondering why you simply got me items from a brand you like...
>>
>>8970630

Man I don't even Amavel but I would be mad appreciative if someone went through the effort of getting an SS to get me a Japanese brand. I don't do that sort of effort even for myself with full price anything in Japan.

Sorry you're blowing my mind a bit here.
>>
>>8970638
Honestly she bought cheap ugly sale items. I'm sorry but this isn't even something I would buy someone who likes that brand...
>>
>>8970653
I can understand being salty that the other person didn't pay attention to what you wanted but I also feel like this bordering on rude. I dunno.
>>
>>8970638
Also, I went out of my way to find items I thought she would like on auction, waited til they got here and then added a special note and everything. This is just so impersonal and not even close to what I suggested it's almost insulting. It's not even important that it's some burando I never heard of. She didn't even have the courtesy to ask me what else I liked. It was really shitty, brand or no, these items may as well have been from target. Atleast then I could have taken them back. It takes 5 seconds to google a fashion, hobby, etc. and 5 seconds to post on /cgl/ she even asked me my sizes but didn't bother to ask anything else. Honestly. I wasn't mad at first but saying that I can "just sell them" is super shitty so I legit don't care.
>>
>>8970666
She was being really rude. Like saying I can just sell the stuff. I even specifically mentioned colors I like and she just bought the cheapest burando things available. Plus, her other giftee got something really personal and I just got a random bag from Japan. I'd have rather gotten tea or something cheap than this.
>>
>>8970666
I agree with Satan. It's understandable to be disappointed in a gift that wasn't right for you, but I don't feel sympathetic towards you because of the attitude you're displaying. I know the point of wishlists was to tell your anon what kind of things to get you and it's shitty of them to not put effort into following that but suck it up, thank them publicly, and message white day anon about them being skimpy and lame in private. They didn't grinch you or send you old newspapers and dollar store hair bows, even if they sent you items that aren't your style.
>>
>>8970681
You know. I would agree with you, but she was really rude to me and others in previous threads, didn't even acknowledge are gifts until someone mentioned it. Honestly, I don't really care now I was trying to be nice but I am calling her out. This is really lame, if these are the types of people we're allowing in the future I won't be participating.
>>
>>8970675

>Like saying I can just sell the stuff

Sorry, but I don't understand how that particular action is rude. Giving a receipt and tags with gifts is standard to the point where it's detailed in pretty much every gift giving I went to as considerate. I'm sorry you feel offended, but that's pretty much standard etiquette where I'm from and taken as appreciation that someone may not like your gift.

I think in other respects she was not being as considerate as she could have been, but I agree with >>8970681. Your attitude to put it mildly is embarrassing, even if it may be warranted.
>>
>>8970692
I am not offended. She's just been really bitchy the entire time. She didn't acknowledge me or the other anon's gifts until someone complained about her not posting pictures and she had plenty of opportunity to ask me about preferences. I listed a few other things that weren't fashion that I was interested in(including a color I liked) and she didn't even pay attention to any of it. I can't sell a brand that I don't follow the fashion of(or know anything about) that's just stupid. I went out of my way to research something for her even though I know nothing about lolita. She was ungrateful and so I am going to be especially when she put no effort into the gift. Burando =/ effort.
>>
File: delicious.gif (457 KB, 180x166) Image search: [Google]
delicious.gif
457 KB, 180x166
All this drama when we're supposed to be fostering friendships...
>>
>>8970692
Also I don't even care if I'm being a whiny bitch at this point. Anon I am talking about started shit in a previous thread.
>>
File: fuckthisshit.png (10 KB, 1270x150) Image search: [Google]
fuckthisshit.png
10 KB, 1270x150
>>8970702
Fuck this. She didn't even try with mine. Pic related is her, but obviously she didn't need to 'find a box' since she sent my shit straight from SS. If she had added a card or anything personal I would have shut the fuck up. And yes I mad. I spent like 3 weeks looking for shit for her and I got some shit I wouldn't even try to sell my grandma.
>>
>>8970712
kind of hope you don't participate next time. keep digging that hole though.
>>
You are getting really cringy now. Yes it sucks that this anon is shitty and didnt try to find something you like. Ok you said it now. No need to drag it through for multiple replies because getting a bad gift is not the end of the world.The risk in this kind of stuff, in irl too, is that you get something that isnt the best match. But you got your gift, made sure the anon knows you received it and no go whine on your tumblr or something about how you deserve better.
>>
>>8970653
Maybe she thought you need something to match your cheap, ugly attitude?

You're an ungrateful cunt.
>>
guys, it's pretty obvious you're being trolled...all the replies are clearly not from the same person.
>>
>>8970712
Alright, now you need to calm down. I was feeling sympathetic for you but now you just look as big of a cunt as she does - guess it's perfect that you guys got paired together. Damn.
>>
>>8970203
I'm starting to worry that the package has been lost in transit.
If you haven't received anything by Friday next week, I'll sort something out for you.
>>
>>8970712
The last gift I got you was a quilted heart bag, tea, a key chain and some snacks. I was going to ship it out and noticed a red mark on the front of the bag. No idea what it was, but I didn't want to send off something that could be considered flawed. So, I waited until my next payday to find something. I looked on Liz Lisa, everything was incredibly expensive, tried looking in Otakumode for their Liz Lisa stuff, but all the decently priced stuff were pretty basic looking tank tops. I wanted to buy a matching set rather than sending you one solitary item. I did think the floral skirt would be somewhat to your aesthetic, but I guess it's too subdued.

If you really dislike it, I'll pay to have you send it off to someone who's been grinched. Maybe take a picture and see if anyone wants it.
>>
>>8971142
it looks like the same person responding to themself?
>>
bump for those waiting
>>
when is white day anon supposed to come back from vacation?
>>
>>8978779
Never anon.
Never.
>>
>>8978779
White day anon commited sudoku because it was too stressful to handle. Bow she's vacationing in heaven.
>>
How's the doxxing going for those that got grinched?
>>
>>8984458
I dunno but I'm starting to get the feeling that I got grinched.

ML from OH plz respond. It's almost May now. I know you said you were having issues with tracking not updating so I don't wanna look like a cunt accusing you of being grinch but also please, an update or something. The 0 updates since the last time you posted is unsettling to be honest
>>
>>8970203
LT here,
Has anything arrived on your end?
Let me know and I'll arrange for something new.
>>
>>8987464

No, not yet. I'm beginning to think that it did get lost in transit...
>>
>>8980593
RIP in pieces sweet princess
>>
MT from Estonia, I got your package last week! It took a while because they left a "you missed it!" slip, which I had lost, and didn't issue another one until literally the final notice ugh. I'll post pictures soon! Thanks!
>>
>>8987587
I'm sorry about that.
I'll sort out a gift and post it out to you again when I'm available.
>>
WDA please come back.
I want to organise a blacklist for all the salt going on. It's understandable that you don't want to deal with all this, but we really need the blacklist of names/addresses.
>>
>tfw giftee hates your gifts
>>
>>8984528
I'm not sure exactly who ML is, but I'm in the Ohio comm. If your partner is a lolita I'd be happy to try and get in contact with her via Facebook or something and try to sort things out, if you want
>>
>>8999094
>tfw no gifts
>>
>>8999133
Sigh. I'm stuck between "I want my goddamn gift too" and saying fuck it, if they don't want to send something back then fine. If they didn't like what they got or whatever I'm sorry but the condition was that it was a gift exchange, not "return the favor if you're satisfied". And then again I don't wanna accuse someone of being grinch but it's real late in the game and I've heard absolutely nothing since their last post claiming issues with tracking, which at this point now feels like a cover up for not even bothering with the exchange. Which is like, okay, I spent at least 90 bucks, if I wasn't gonna get anything back I would've rather spent that on myself. I had to ask them in the last thread too if they got it, which also rubbed me the wrong way. Welp ML I hope you at least enjoyed something I got you. Sigh.

Also highly disappointed in White Day anon for sputtering out and dying and not responding to people anymore.

I don't wanna sound like a grouchy cunt but damn, the Xmas exchange looks like so much fun but I almost don't even wanna do it now because I don't wanna get burned. I hope it's better run.

If someone is putting a black list together I'll gladly send my information along. I really wanted to give my person the benefit of the doubt but I dunno anymore.
>>
>>8991368
Thank you for letting me know!! I was super worried that they shipped it back because tracking stoped when it arrived to US.
>>
>>9003913
I'm still afraid of looking like an asshole so if my gifter is still reading this - if you're still having problems or whatever, I wouldn't mind if I was kept updated, and honestly i'd appreciate being sent anything at this point, like some snack or candy or something. I just don't like feeling like I got burned.
>>
>>9003913
>If someone is putting a black list together

honestly, I'm thinking of just straight-up doing this, but I'd be worried of targeting. WDA is clearly not coming back at this point, but there has to be a cgl blacklist in place or else fuckers are going to bet let into exchanges/SS and know they can get away with bullshit.
>>
>>9003913
>>9004971
Would it be relevant to contribute to the blacklist for something that happened a while ago? I got grinched way back during the Christmas gift exchange.
>>
>>9004989
Yep, Christmas wasn't that long ago, and they can request to be put on a probation list (lowest price bracket, shorter time to get their shit together, mandatory proof photos before the person gifting them sends anything). Basically, you have to prove yourself to get off a blacklist or probation list.
>>
>>9004989
>I got grinched way back during the Christmas gift exchange.
the christmas exchange was not a swap, though, so you wouldn't know who your Santa was supposed to be.
>>
File: 1457323565096.png (160 KB, 260x378) Image search: [Google]
1457323565096.png
160 KB, 260x378
>>9005011
Goddamn I forgot the senders were anonymous.
>>
>>9005014
Anon, what are your initials?
>>
>>9005017
AO.
>>
>>9005023
SMMM from Mexico was the one who you were matched with. She signed up for five other people and I don't think they even got something from her.
>>
>>9005029
Can you release the initials of the ones matched with SMMM from Mexico? Just curious if I'm one of them since I was also grinched.
>>
>>8971202
I hope you get paired with someone better next time anon.
>>
>>9005039
If the sheet I'm looking at is the correct one, the people she was matched with are: Yumi, ML, EG, Zofiya and AO.
>>
>>9005029
>>9005044
While it's a bit nice to know I wasn't the only one, I can't help but wonder if she's alright.
>>
>>9005044
>None of those.
Huh.
>>
>>9005017
>>9005011
Do you know who my santas were? I got 4/5 gifts. Initials are YL.
>>
>>9005178
Yup, I can check for you. Your Santa's were: EG, SP, MG, NS, Yumi

Any of those dont sound familiar?

>>9005106
We're you grinched as well?
>>
>>9006025
EG is one I don't recognize.
I got cute handmade things and assorted presents from MG, exchanged gifts in person with NS, and got a fancy package of goodies from Yumi. I vaguely recall something to do with the initials SP, but perhaps it was a giftee of mine I'm misremembering. EG is very unfamiliar to me.
>>
>>9006031
EG also had Karina and Zofiya, you weren't the only one signed up with that person. Not sure I remember seeing EG mentioned.
>>
>>8971202
;_; This post makes me sad.

I hope the next ones (if ever) are organized better.
>>
>>9010851
maybe White Day anon will come back in 5 months like this Santa gull has
>>
>>9006025
I guess I was. I think my initials were NN or YN. Had MT from Estonia.
>>
>>9010917
are you talking about the secret santa or white day swap?
>>
>>9010957
Secret Santa.
>>
>>8987587
So sorry,
I have been quite busy with work and studies.
I will be posting your gift out tomorrow morning.

Can you please provide me your email so I can send you proof of shipment?
>>
>>8957374
>>8968448
>>8984528
>>8999133
>>9003913
>>9005044

ML here, I am so sorry for the delay!
I never got the tracking info for the Chinese things. But I did get alternate presents! I am so so sorry again.

I think I got pretty good gifts to make up for not having the husbando merch arrive. I chose some domestic gifts since I didn't want to risk ordering overseas again. Please let me know if you like what I will send! I'll update the tracking info through White Day Anon.
>>
>>9011922
Wait, I just read that with more detail. Is White Day Anon MIA? If so, I will still send presents, but I'm not sure if you guys will get the tracking info.

And to my gifter, I made a little photo album of the gifts you send and I need to get my thank you in the mail. Please accept an apology for not getting a thank you sooner! I can post pictures here if that's okay with you!
>>
>>9011922
>>9011930
Spamming the thread a bit, but I'm also sorry for waiting so long for the tracking to update. I've had Aliexpress stuff take like a month to get to me so I was so sure it would still get here.
>>
>>9011930
whiteday went on holiday and hasn't returned yet, you can send the shit to her but fuck knows when she'll get to forwarding it
>>
CHL from TX, I just received your gift (finally ha ha) and I loved it! The gloves are really nice. I'll post pics later.
>>
>>9011922
hey ML - no problem, just the lack of communication is what concerned me the most! (I completely understand the tracking info/lost mail thing as it has happened to me before) that sounds totally fine, I'm just appreciative for anything at this point, sorry for my bitchy post, I was just worried that you had dropped off the planet and that was it haha.

as for WDA I'm pretty sure she's either dead and gone or on an extremely long vacation(?) because she definitely hasn't responded to me cause I remember asking her to check in with you for an update like 1 or 2 months ago lol and yeah I never got a response back from her so I have no idea what's up with her at this point.
>>
This is ML again, hi giftees! Both your presents have been mailed. I sent the tracking numbers to White Day Anon just in case she comes back from vacation before they get to you guys. They were shipped Priority Mail, so I'd imagine they will get to you Saturday at the latest. The husbando merch still hasn't arrived. It stopped updating at Chinese customs, so I hope the customs agent was a fan and someone got your merch.

ER in FL, I hope you like the tea! I'm kind of a tea noob, so I asked for a recommendation and I hope you like it! I got the accessory second hand, but it seemed to fit with your preferences!

KD in MA, I got you a few accessories that I thought would fit with your wardrobe and also a couple of snacks!
I hope both of you like them!

>>9017523
I'm sorry again for disappearing!
>>
>>9020080
ML, I got your gift today. Not going to lie, I haven't gotten anything for you yet because I hadnt heard from you and figured eh you hadn't sent and i hadnt sent, so no loss for either of us. But i will get on it tonight.

BTW, I love it all of it and will post pictures later.
>>
File: 13369351122071.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
13369351122071.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
CC from Canada and OvP from Netherlands, I hope you liked your gifts.
>>
File: image.jpg (848 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
848 KB, 1920x2560
>>9020080
(I hope this doesn't post twice, I tried to post already but it seems like it didn't go through?)

Anyways I got your package today ML! I really like the headpieces, they'll fit really well in my wardrobe! The pusheen charm is really cute and I love DIY candy sets so I'll have a lot of fun making those.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry for my bitchy/cunty post again haha. I think the combination of you disappearing and WDA anon going on some sort of vacation just had me at my wits end, with no way to contact you I felt like I was up shit creek with no paddle and no gifts. (I had also convinced myself that you didn't send anything back cause you didn't like what I sent haha) I'm not sure if or when WDA is coming back but I did send one email to them a month or two ago asking if they could check in with you for an update, but I'll send another one to let them know everything is all good now. Thanks again and I enjoy the gifts that you sent!
>>
>>8960912
Not to be rude, but did you ever send these out?
I hope everything's ok on your end.
>>
>>9024129
Oh good, I'm so happy you liked everything! And it's no worries, I completely understand it's frustrating trying to coordinate gifts.
I never did get a response from WDA about your tracking numbers, so I hope the other gift got to my giftee anon safely.
I took pictures of the gifts you sent, but I'm so bad at editing cute collages. I'll post pictures very soon!
>>
>>8960912
AM from Canada here.
Given your current circumstances, CC, if you haven't sent me anything then please don't worry about it. I'm sure you've got other, bigger things on your plate right now.
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.