[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Fix Ryback
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: RybackVOW1.png (193 KB, 478x352) Image search: [Google]
RybackVOW1.png
193 KB, 478x352
He's not going anywhere, so "get rid of him" isn't an answer.

Ryback suffers consecutive losses and is approached by either Wyatts, The League or The Authority in Raw promo for a vague proposition. He disappears for a couple weeks. A superstar shown before to be friends with him (Ziggler, Cena, Bryan down the line, Axel) begins asking questions about Ryback's disappearance. In all talking segments, the heel stable exclusively uses the name "The Ryback".

Face feuds with Heels and loses at the ppv. Desperate to find his friend, Face shows up on Raw next night and challenges Heels. Face promises to challenge every night regardless of if he gets his ass kicked because "Ryback is my friend and he would never give up on me". Heels come out laughing and calling Face overly sentimental. Heels claim that all humans have a dark side to them that can be brought out through fear and manipulation. "UNLEASH THE RYBACK!" Ryback, from now on officially referred to as The Ryback, is dragged our from backstage. He wears heavy chains around his neck and wrists. He doesn't speak English. Loud, painful grunts and screams are his only way of speaking. Heel explains that, in The Ryback's mind, Face represents the chains holding The Ryback down. Only the Heel holds the key to let The Ryback's power loose, which The Ryback is very appreciative of

The Ryback is now a monster heel used sparingly in short matches at first. Very protected booking. Heels cut promos where they mistreat and sometimes outright abuse The Ryback (for example, they chain him to a wall, tell him it's feeding time and throw food at him)

One day a plant in the audience throws him a copy of that The Secret book. Heels laugh and let him keep it. They tease him, call him stupid and are confident he can't read. The book is The Ryback's only treasure. He teaches himself how to read all over again and then tears the chains off in a massive face turn on the heel.
>>
> let him win big matches
> let him cut his own promos

This applies to so many people on the roster
>>
>>838509
The problem with ryback is that he is simply boring with a title. It kinda feels like he is Goldberg 2.0 - he simply cant keep a long match interesting and either wins like a beast in less than 3 minutes or gets destroyed. Asa contestor he seems far more interesting for me. I liked him being a heel who chased the title. Also there are a shitton of good wrestlers who need a push and simply get pushed in the jobberzone because of people like roman reigns.
I cant remember seeing R-Truth win a single match and I dont think there are other wrestlers who sing their own entrance every single time.
Welcome to 2016, where Roman Reigns is the face of the company and the "big surprise" for Royal Rumble is John Cena returning..and thats pretty much it.
>>
>>838522
> boring with a title

He's had one reign ever where his biggest feud was Big Show & >MIZ
>>
>>838525

The crowd was on Miz's side too. Because Miz is GOAT and crowds are finally realizing it.
>>
>>838525
So who else do you wanna see ryback feud against?
We got the Big Guy vs The Big Fatass Battle-of-the-Biggerness and the miz. Do you wanna see him against Xavier Woods or what?
I just cant see him anywhere. He is like the new, better but yet uninteresting Big Show or Mark Henry for me. Of course they could put him in a feud with Reigns and of course he could turn out to be a total dick again, but thats it. what else are they going to do? Reveal he is secretly playing with dolls?
>>
>>838529
18+

>>838533
Somebody actually interesting?
>>
>>838533

Ryback can feud with loads of people. Ryback could one man army the League of Nations tomorrow night. Marks love him.

Ryback v Big E
V Stroman
V Titus
V Ziggler
V Bryan (the obvious end they wanted to build before his championship tripped over his unwashed hands)
V Swagger
V Stardust
Cena
Orton
Bubba
Harper
Anyone
R Truth
Ryder
Anyone
Based Ryback bringing back that diversity and making ever roster member seem strong

He could be harassed by The Ascension for a month and put them over. He's not a great wrestler but marks love him and that gives him a lot of feud options. I can think of more people who might face Ryback than Reigns.

Reigns v HHH
Ambrose
Rollins
Lesnar
Orton
Sheamus
Cena
Bryan?
Bray?
Rhino???
?????
???????????????????????
Triple threats with the same people
>>
>>838546
> Titus
> Cena
> Orton
> R-Truth

u wot
>>
>>838558
Cena and Orton can sell anything to marks. Marks would lose their shit over Ryback v a top name.

Ryback v anyone else is a workable feud because Ryback collaborates well with people. Ryback v Bray was actually great. Even the Big Show and Miz feud was a but entertaining. The comedy bits were highlights of their respective shitty Raws.

Why shouldn't Truth be a viable contender? He's well liked and has put in time.

Why shouldn't every superstar seem like a credible threat every time they step in the ring? That would make a better product. You'll never see Breeze beat Zayn on the main roster because the main roster has written itself into a corner with an upper 1% of invincible guys who only lose to each other.

Ryback is not overprotected but he is well loved by Cenatards nonetheless. Based Big Guy is the clean slate champion we need to fix the main roster.
>>
>Reinstate the Hardcore title
>Have big ass brawl for all or last man standing sort of deal with at least sixteen guys
>Big favorites are Ryback, Bray, and Dean
>Ryback takes both of them out, first by body slamming Bray off the corner and into the mat(convenient table was right there too), then Powerbombing Dean onto some thumbtacks
>Start this big stretch of Ryback getting challenged by people, but because it's the goddamn Hardcore title he just keeps jumping them in random places.
>Brock Lesnar comes back for a short sting because OF COURSE he does.
>They beat the shit out of each other for a couple of weeks before they have a back lot brawl(Maybe have some fun with it while they're at it, like the power amp gets fucked with after an F5 and the lights keep going on and off, every so often Bray is just there and he has no idea what's going on.)
>Ryback ends it by Powerbombing Lesnar off a trailer and into a dump truck.
>>
>>838567

Let me double down on this point in case you fuckers don't get it.

We're talking about a guy who has gone over Seth while he had the championship.

We're talking about the guy who had a triple threat with Orton and Reigns for number one contender and was not booked any weaker than them.

But we're also talking about the only man to lay down for Bray in the first three quarters of the year. As well as jobbing to Big Show's MSG push.

We're talking about a man who can conceivably win against an Orton or a Cena but conceivably lose to a Stardust or a Neville.

Best champion.
>>
We rename him Memeback
Vince tries to cater to the "hip" internet crowd
Cover his singlet with ragecomic faces and just replace every feed he says to meme
>>
>>838571

>Hardcore Belt
>Ambrose
>Harper
>Owens
>Brock
>Rollins
>Cesaro
>Rusev
>Bray
>Joe
>Bubba
>Balor
>Corbin

Buddy, that's a company saving decision right there.
>>
>>838576
im down for this

fuck everything else in this shit thread
>>
File: rybacktwitter.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
rybacktwitter.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>838509
give him the mic and let throw bantz like he used to do da based guy is ready.
>>
>>838567
> Orton
> draw

Literally never happened
>>
>>838576

meme

me

more

DUNDUNDUNDUN DUNDUDUDUN
>>
>>838546
I know that it might get boring fast but i wanna see Ryback/Rhyno Tag
>>
>>838594
WAKE UP, ITS SHITPOSTING TIIIMEE !!!
>>
>>838594
>>838576
Holy shit, i can actually see this working
>>
File: 1397843976179.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1397843976179.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>838585

>le secret book man
>>
>>838607

Book it and make them dominant heels.
>>
>>838759
> heels

But they'd be way better as faces
>>
>>838790

Yeah I can see it now with time to reflect. I'm thinking roided out dudebros with promos delivered in that 80s wrestling style Ryback has been practicing on and off all year. Might be fun.
>>
>>838509
This nigga is in desperate need of a heel turn. Unfortunately, WWE doesn't seem to do turns any more unless that person is making a comeback after being out of action for a bit. Unless they're a diva, in which case they get turned every few weeks.
>>
>>838800
Ryback makes for a terrible heel because people just do not want to boo him
>>
>>838810
>people just do not want to boo him
Lol why the fuck not

Get rid of his stupid ass kiddy chant and no one will cheer him anymore

That untalented roid monkey didn't deserve to be the second man to pin Rusev clean
>>
>>838816
>2nd man

I agree that ryback is garbage and needs to fuck off but did he get pin rusev clean?wasnt that ziggler.?
>>
>>838810
They don't want to cheer him either.

He gets zero pop when his music hits, but people love to do the Feed Me More chant. It's like Swagger and We The People.
>>
>>838816
Did you somehow miss how ice cold Ryback was during his last heel runs?

>>838822
Ryback at least gets crowds behind him as a babyface

As a heel they just check out
>>
>>838827
literally the definition of chant only being over. Comes out to crickets then gets the chant going

I love when people compare him to Bryan in that sense unironically. Ryback is as over as Tito Ortiz making his debut in TNA. Bryan would probably become the most oved guy automatically if he came back during the rumble.
>>
>>838829
Don't remember how Ryback was the only guy over in the main event of this year's RAWafterMania besides MAYBE Rollins?
>>
>>838818
Apparently Cesaro was the 2nd man to pin him, Ziggler 3rd and Ryback 4th. I felt like I remembered seeing Ryback pin Rusev months ago but it must have been one of his count out victories.

Ryback was pinning him clean in house shows during May though.
>>
>>838836
Ziggy pinned Rusev clean? I only remember that one where Lana distracted Rusev and the one where Summer fast counted.
>>
>>838836
The only guys who've pinned Rusev clean in WWE are Cesaro, Reigns, Ziggler & Ryback
>>
>>838837
Pretty sure he pinned him clean in one of their many matches.

>>838838
Reigns really?
>>
>>838841
on lolSmackdown

You think Vince wasn't salivating to job out that overachieving FOREIGNER to his bbygurl ASAP?
>>
>>838509
Usually I just shake my head and laugh at these fantasy bookings but in a surprising and unexpected way this would be fucking awesome.
Even the face turn at the end makes sense. It would be fucking entertaining, stupid but Ina good way.
>>
>Fix Ryback

You can fix ugly, but you can't fix dumb as fuck.
>>
Stop trying to sell him as being stronger than he actually is, he already has pretty shitty stamina and when he's expected to throw Rusev around like it's not a big deal it just ends up making him look super weak as he struggles to lift him and tires him out even faster.
>>
>>838914
Ryback is pretty stronk when he's on-point, he managed to hit Shellshock on Big Show like it was nothing
>>
>>838893

Thank you
>>
>>838918

Lesnar did it like it was nothing, Ryback looked pretty wobbly.
>>
>>838934
> Lesnar hit Shellshock on Big Show

U wot?
>>
>>838937

Don't be such a fucking autist.
>>
>>838509
Can't really fix him, he's just not good. Can't fix if there's nothing to actually work with.
If he had even a modicum of talent we could sit here all day spit-balling ideas and fantasy booking, but as it stands?
Any match-booking you give him he'll fuck up by being really sloppy in-ring.
Any storyline you give him he'll fuck up by being abhorrent at speaking.
He's not good. He never will be, therefore there is no fix because there's nothing TO fix, he's inherently broken and the parts are sold separately.
>>
>>838940
> it's other people's fault when I'm wrong

18+
>>
Reform Rybaxel, don't break it up again, them, Usos and New Day could carry the division for years
>>
>>838951

>It's other peoples fault when they willfully misinterpret things and nitpick when anyone but the most pathetic autist would do so.

Yes, yes it is. Glad we agree.
>>
>>838509
He's gonna get injured again due to overtraining lmao
>>
latest Ryback promo:

>"The big guy is hungry, and when the big guy is hungry he says feed me more"

wew so creative

>"Del rio is a coward who prays on the weak"

Nigga what?? His own theme literally goes: "You're so damn weak man and you dont belong, your only purpose is to feed the strong"

Worst promo 2015, even beats that terrible taker vs wyatt one
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.