[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/eternal skateboarding general/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: FB_IMG_1446353215793.jpg (57 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446353215793.jpg
57 KB, 720x900
Information for beginners, PLEASE READ BEFORE asking: http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe info and feedback, feel free to contribute on the 2nd link (the first is the shoe reviews): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED
YOU 'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

Old thread >>753285

What did skate related shit did you guys do for Halloween? Dressed up as a pro? Went to a jam? Stayed home and cried because you're lonely? Tell us here.
>>
Ok, so this /esg/ is canon, and the "le go early" /esg/ is not, right? Can we stop the arguments about which /esg/ to post in?

Also, here's something that's always relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ALfsE-5nA
>>
>>755005
No skate video in the OP?
bruh
>>
>>755005
I dressed up as Jacket from Hotline Miami, grabbed my skate and realized i couldn't go to the partie because i broke my leg skating 4 days before
So yeah, i stayed home and cried
>>
>>755033
Jacket would've never been hurt. You've betrayed his druggy trust
>>
>What did skate related shit did you guys do for Halloween?

I dressed up as a ghost and skated around. it was fun
>>
>tfw 29
>bought a new deck today so I can start skating again
>tfw too autistic to go to the skatepark because I'm shit and little kids will laugh at me

Fuck this city. I wish there were more abandoned open spaces around.
>>
File: Snapchat--1551046549185216581.jpg (578 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--1551046549185216581.jpg
578 KB, 1080x1920
>didn't go to work
>went to local skateshop where I work
>checked out chima's new shoe
>skatepark
>tweaked my ankle
>180 nose grind
>at work today at local skate shop

Pic related
>>
>>755043
go to an empty parking lot or parking garage and there u go
>>
File: OldmanKirchart.jpg (389 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
OldmanKirchart.jpg
389 KB, 950x633
>>755043
Find a parking lot you wuss.
If you can find one with some curbs then you're set.
>>
>>755046
The life I want.
>>
>>755005
I watch a lot of Creature bids for Halloween
>>
my best friend got the first part in this video awhile back, you guys might wanna check it out, kinda like a bronze 56k vid aesthetically

http://skateboarding.transworld.net/videos/ravebike-full-video/
>>
>>755061
Ryan Reyes had a new Creature vid, it was pretty dope.
>>
>>755005
Went to the local park for Halloween, didn't dress up. A couple of kids went and dressed up, some cute girls there too.
>>
Any good skater that started in his 20s?
>>
File: Servant Vegan.jpg (69 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Servant Vegan.jpg
69 KB, 1000x1000
What does /esg/ think of my new shoes? expect to pick them up tomorrow. feeling the hype already. Have never skated with brand new shoes that were made for the act.
>>
>>755102
Those are vegan? They look like suede, they're pretty dope though.
>>
>>755095
Stefan Janoski started at 18.
>>
>>755102
Looks comfy
>>
>>755102
Looks good, if you're interested Emerica and Etnies have animal free footwear on their website.
>>
Why are flip tricks down shit so hard? I can land kickflips every single try on flat, then when I try it down a 5 set I look like I have no idea how to flick. I eventually get it but still, I have so much respect for dudes that do huge shit.
>>
>tfw I want to get into skating but its about to start snowing here very shortly where I live
>>
>>755102
pretty good looking, not so much protection and might rip fast depending on what skating you do, but other than that they look good and comfy, probably has a good board feel to it.
>>
>>755144
Skate in your garage
>>
>>755122
It's not just flip tricks. I can get a solid ollie on flat, but jumping off something I spaz out.
>>
>>755067
Ryan reyes, David gravette, willis kimbel, and Chris Russell all had new parts.
Ryan reyes was kind of disappointing, but that's understandable due to his knee.
>>
>>755122
You have to catch the flip mid air and be comfortable with hovering in the air for a bit, as opposed to letting the ground catch your flip and you just land on it.
>>
Backside Boneless and Backside Cigarette flips? yes. I got those.
>>
>>755169
Yeah but probably 50% of the time, the board isn't even under me. Must be a commitment issue or something.
>>
>>755167
I don't really have that problem. Ollies are really second nature to me so I don't have a problem doing them down stuff. Landing balanced enough to land is another story.
>>
So is it impossible to become a pro if you didn't start super young?
>>
>>755192
Depends. Just gotta be super dedicated. Daewon song didn't start until he was 17.
>>
I always forget how fucking much a fall can actually hurt. I tried a kickflip off the curb onto the street, tripped right off my board like an autist and took a whole bunch of skin of my knees, hip and wrists, and now skateboarding is the last thing I want to do. I know it'll wear off in a few days, but it's an interesting mindset flip.
>>
File: pimp.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
pimp.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>755046
>180 nose grind
>>
>>755005
thanks for making the OP troll ;)
be sure to look out whenever the thread reaches bump limit!
>>
>>755122
Start with a curb, then a 3 set, then a 5 set.
>>
>>755268
>not wanting to skate because of road rash off of a curb.
Not trying to sound like some macho jock, but if a minor injury like that really gets to you that much then maybe you shouldn't skateboard. You are going to fall skateboarding, there's no preventing it, and if you can't ignore the pain then you really should find a different hobby instead.
>>
>tfw food poisoning today
>tfw rain the rest of the week
>tfw the skate gods have forsaken me
>>
http://strawpoll.me/5902317
as a side note i always thought right foot forward was regular until today
>>
>>755344
its ok, i used to think the skinny end of the board was the front.
>>
just out of curiosity:
http://strawpoll.me/5902781 (sorry if i used too many options)
>>
>>755344
Most of the best pro's are goofy.
>>
Unpopular opinions in skateboarding

>if you complain about the music in a Alien Workshop vid (or any company that chooses a certain sound as an aesthetic) you're kind of stupid.
>If you can't appreciate a 300+ pound man trying to skate at the park, you're just a dick.
>Corporations are a necessary evil
>Instagram is one of the worst things that happened to skateboarding
>Kickflip sex change down or up stuff should be a legit trick seen in parts
>everyone should have the opportunity to make a part, regardless of skill level.
And
>kids should watch a vid older than 1999 to appreciate the past and know skateboarding didn't start with 10 stair bs crooks.

What's yours?
>>
>>755384
>Street League is a plague
>Nike SB/Adidas/Puma or any other "super brands" should stay out of skateboarding
>Just cause a person can't switch lazer down a 9 step doesn't make him a poser
>People who choose to ride cruisers and have fun shouldn't be looked down on
>Revive is a joke
>Making fun of the newbies at the skatepark is just a shitty thing to do
>More people should skate bowls
>>
>>755384
I kinda like nikesb's video
>>
>>755393
Well the Revive brand isn't bad, it's the "pro's".
And yes, more people should skate a pool and do frontside airs
>>
>>755397
Fair enough
>>
>>755384
>Instagram is one of the worst things that happened to skateboarding

how so? agree with everything else

>>755393
i thought nike sb gave a lot back to skating?
>>
>>755411
The most they gave back is to Street League
>>
>>755359
not true at all.
>>
>>755384
>if you complain about the music in a Alien Workshop vid (or any company that chooses a certain sound as an aesthetic) you're kind of stupid.

you can like or not like it, but if you like the music it will make the part even more stokeable. But I know what you mean

>If you can't appreciate a 300+ pound man trying to skate at the park, you're just a dick

it's kind of moot, you 're there to have fun, if they skate well that's awesome, if they 're not then it's like nothing happened.

>Corporations are an evil

ftfy

everything else I agree.

Mine:

>mongo pushing is fine
>360 flips are overrated
>streetplants should have never gone out of style
>>
>>755468
I somewhat agree on the mongo pushing
it's good to know for no comply tricks but I think everyone will have a much better time and more balance if they don't push mongo.
>>
>>755393
everything you said besides the Revive point are very popular opinions among skateboarding, which pains me because it discredits the Revive point which is true.
Fucking youtube religious freaks should spend an hour with Andy Roy in a bowl, chasing them around. That would teach them not to be anaemic, substanceless reflections of a skateboarder.

>>755469
I am currently learning to push switch but would never tell someone not to push mongo.
>>
excuse me for being ignorant/stupid, but are there people who use a skateboard just for general transportation? I have a very short commute to work, like 2 km, tried to skate my way into the office, but the crossing and cracks in the sidewalk make for a frustrating experience.
>>
>>755477
>are there people who use a skateboard just for general transportation?
Not really. Most people that want something similar just for transportation use a penny board or a longboard, which have big soft wheels therefore not struggling with cracks quite as much as a skateboard would.
>>
>>755477
sure, if you wanna show up to work and possibly covered in dirt from falls.
>>
>>755480
>...Show up to work

and being sweaty i mean
>>
>>755480
no problem, can shower and have a change of clothes there

>>755479
will check these out

thanks
>>
>>755393
If I could, I would skate a pool with Cardiel
>>
File: derp.png (406 KB, 401x508) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
406 KB, 401x508
>>755477
>tried to skate my way into the office
>>
>>755384
>tricks that aren't fluid look fucking dumb
If you do any grind or plant on transition and take forever to go back in from tail/nose/board then please work on actually committing.

>slow skating looks like shit
You can do a tre flip in to nose blunt and ghetto bird out but if you do it looking like you only took one push it's going to look shitty. It'll still be impressive though .
>>
>>755479
I use to ride to work and back, which was like an hour skate. I also would stop by a park that was near my job too all the time.
>>755384
>filming your tricks is fucking retarded.
I get it if you're actually doing a decent line or trick that's actually crazy, or, but if you're having somebody film you so some sketchy ass line full of basic tricks and taking up part of the park for it then do the world a favor and kill yourself. Only after you get off the fun box that you've been hogging though.
>>
>>755354
>http://strawpoll.me/5902781
>all those shitters skating less than 3 months
I've been skating for 8 years man, you could've had more options.
>>
>>755411
It spawns little motherfuckers like this kid.
https://instagram.com/p/9kCly2zEbp/
>>
>>755384
everyone post their instas
>>
>>755522
I don't think filming stupid or easy tricks is dumb, I definitely agree to the "if they are taking up space" trying to film, but in my opinion most of the kids at my park who do that will get out of the way if they are filming, most people don't really "hog" much. If someone just wants to film for fun, then I don't care.
>>
>>755578
https://instagram.com/minorskateboards/

we're such fucking faggots
>>
>>755530
#rude
>>
>>755545
Feely wap when that kid sherds harder than u
>>
How often du you skate /esg/?
>>
>>755665
between 2 to 4 times a week, depends on how busy I am
>>
>>755665
About 1 hour everyday
>>
>>755665
Here and there. Depends when I have time, usually when I do it's a large chunk of time so maybe 4-6 hours in a day every two weeks or so.
>>
>>755665
1-4 hours every day I don't work, film or it's below 40 degrees
>>
>>755665
i try for at least an hour every day.

usually at least 5 times a week if not more
>>
>>755665
6 days a week, 4+ hours a day. Sometimes I'll skate with no breaks in the week too.
>>
File: mfw_poser.png (102 KB, 498x599) Image search: [Google]
mfw_poser.png
102 KB, 498x599
>tfw poser
>>
>>755665
everyday I can, whenever I have leisure time
>>
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>10557757
>>
Today i went to the local food store which also handle the mail orders, hyped as fuck for my new shoes i gave the person behind the counter my ID and tracking number required. The manager refused to accept my ID card because of a crack and small hole.

Now i have done important bank shit and bought large amounts of booze with the very same ID. But this person think its so essential i have a non-cracked ID even though nobody have refused me when i have done much more "legit-id-demanding" services.

now i have to wait ever longer before i can collect my fucking shoes. fuck.
>>
>>756028
hang in there bro
could be worse.
>>
How big are /esg/s feet?

6.5 UK
7.5 US
40 EU

>tfw small feet
>>
So, brand new to skateboarding
Will I be able to practice a stationary ollie just in my carpeted bedroom?
>>
>>756036
Yea you'll be fine, but why not try it outside?
>>
>>756038
I don't feel right going to a park if I can't even do a single trick, let alone ollie
And I'm scared of people making fun of me if I go outside
>>
>>756040
Understandable, can you at least ride around on your board? Have you tried looking for a empty parking lot?
>>
>>756042
There is an elementary school next to me that I can practice in at night or something, but other than that I'm not really sure. That said I haven't looked either.
>>
>>756040
start at an empy parking lot or something, get down riding around, turning, stationary ollies and shuvits.

You get over feeling like a fool eventually, and by the time you do that your confidence will follow, making you care less and less what people think and you'll enjoy skateboarding much more.

this is at least how it is for me, i can't do nothing but stationary ollies and pop shuvits. i like to caveman off things though, im trying to find bigger and bigger ledges to caveman off of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMslR3gLtug
>>
>>756035
8.5 us
>>
>>756035
>7.5 US
jesus, are you like 9 or something?
12.5 US
>>
>>756035
manlet detected

11 US
>>
>>755005
>Went to an indoor mini in Zagreb called Sretna Kuća or Happy house
>dressed up in a kimono and a japanese flag on my had
>barefoot, skated the mini high with my friends
> will post video when it's edited
>check out chillshop if you're in Zagreb,Croatia
>>
>>756044
besides SOME battle commanders and all of Mike V's videos this was probably the best video put out by the berrics.
>>
>>756061
are the dalmatian coasts surfable?
>>
>>756061
Barefoot skating sounds painful
>>
>>756075
yeah, you should check out how it feels too.
>>
>>756035
11.5 US

i think i need an 8.25, not 8
>>756040
o lee fug m8

just skate outside

no one gives a rat's ass unless you have three heads

trying to ollie if you're not comfortable on your board is going to be a loooong process
>>
>>756085
>11.5 US
>i think i need an 8.25, not 8

what the fuck people

boardsizes are not because of differences to feetsizes. And if you 'd go into that, you ''d find that it 'd be easier on your feet if you collected a better truck size (and different trucksizes are not for that matter either) not a different board size.
You want a board to flip fast so you can be all techy? You get a thin baord.
You want to ride every cement surface you come across? You get a fatboy.
>>
>>756090
that doesn't mean it's not easier to ride a bigger board with bigger feet you dick
>>
>>756095
for some people it might not be.
>>
Did my first approaches to fs tailslides today. I don't mind getting them high, I just want to get them down.
I also am getting better at switch pushing and can actually pop a legit (but not decent) switch ollie.
>>
>get new bearings
>try to spin them while holding them
>they barely spin 1s

is this normal for new bearings? am i supposed to lube them myself when buying them before using them?
>>
>>756116
>try to spin them while holding them
they're not going to spin for very long at all like that.
>>
>>755354
lol im outta here bye
>>
>>756119
i put them inside the wheels and my wheels spin even less than before. what gives? the bearings are reds
>>
>>756128
You have to break them in, dummy
>>
>>755303
I've done all of em before. Curb is nothing, 3 stair takes a couple tries. 5 stair I don't even get close for 15 tries, happens every time.
>>
Learn any new tricks lately boys? I'm finally getting tre flips down after landing my first one almost two years ago.
>>
>>756128
Do you have them cranked as tight as possible or something? There's supposed to be like a half millimeter of wiggle room.
>>
>>756131
How?
>>
>>756140
No man they have wiggle room
>>
>>756142
Then just ride em for a while, they should be fine.
>>
>>756141
Ride your board around, most bearings are stiff right out of the box.
It should only be a couple of minutes for reds to be broken in.
>>
>>756145
>>756146
Thanks guys you're right I took them for a ride around the neighbourhood and they spin well now.However, there's no noticeable difference between these and the last ones (fracture abec5). is this expected? Will they get better if I ride a bit more? Do I have to lube them to get better performances? Saw a video on youtube someone spinning reds for 4 minutes straight
>>
How do you guys do stairs without fucking yourself up
>>
>>756153
>doing stairs
>not skating curbs and ankle high surfaces to the maximum of your skateability

plebs
>>
>>756153
if you can't ollie up it, don't ollie down it
>>
>>756156
they say this as an oldman rule of thumb, are you serious? have you ever witnessed what has been jumped down on?
>>
>>756156
tell that to jaws
>>
>>756149
Nothing to worry about, your reds will be like that in a week or so.
>>756158
He's not human.
>>
>>756154
I can only roll off curbs ;^)
I'm just wondering how guys can slam on stairs and not lose all their teeth and break their ankles
>>
>>756149
That'll never happen. Plus spin tests are bullshit, they hardly prove anything except they piss lube on them. You should see an improvement in keeping speed, at least that's what I noticed when I first got good bearings. At the park it took a lot less pumping to get up ramps and I had more speed going down them.
>>
>>756153
Learn to fall, know when not to commit, bend your knees. Really all there is to it, but fuck anything bigger than an 8 stair. I don't know how pros throw multiple attempts down 16+ sets.
>>
Is it okay to skate on foggy weather with 90%+ humidity?

Everything is wet and the deck gets dirty and the griptape wet and everyhing is annoying and slippery. Is it dangerous for the deck/hardware/bearings? Should I leave the board home?
>>
>>756035
>tfw my feet are legitimately size 15 US
>tfw can never find shoes for them
>>
>>756149
they will get better within a few days i swear.

spin tests mean jack shit, what matters is if the bearings will take the impact of you skating on them and keep spinning

>>756139
pop shuv :^)

i found out i am much more likely to commit on a trick when listening to music than not, but i know some people are the opposite (or at least when trying to focus on learning a new trick)
>>
>>756173
meh, who cares. Bearings are easily cleaned/replaceable, who cares about the deck just wipe it off, and hardware is $2 at most.

What's dangerous is lolnogrip and you slide and die.
>>
>>755462
Prove him wrong.
>>
>>756139
Boneless and Boneless 180 lol
Working on FS Cigarette flips and FS/BS 180s

Eventually gonna work on pop shuv and kicky flippies
>>
File: flippedoff0.jpg (176 KB, 500x741) Image search: [Google]
flippedoff0.jpg
176 KB, 500x741
>>755354
Almost everyone here has less then a year.Jesus
>>756126
Fucking this good luck learning ollies everyone
>>
>>756139
Starting to skate switch more. Switch front shuvs up curbs and trying to get switch front 180s more consistent.
>>
>>756173
No, never bring your board out in those conditions. Also, never slide your board on any rail or ledge because it'll damage it. Never grind on your trucks either, it'll wear away at them. NEVER under any circumstances do any tricks because they can snap your board and NEVER EVER EVER take out your tampon unless you're replacing it with a new one.
>>
>>756190
>someone thought posting that obvious bail shot online would be a good idea
>>
>>756228
>when street skaters try skating transition
>>
>>756071
M8, you can't surf in the Mediterranean, it's like a salty lake with no waves.
>>
>>756198
>Switch front shuvs up curbs

fucking A, me jelly

>>756269
there's actually a slovenian crew and they get some decent wave time.
>>
>>756229
Yeah, you're right. That the guy was blatantly trying to skate the quarter pipe like a bank makes the shot all the worse
>>
>>756190
thanks man
>tfw still can't ollie
>>
So let's say I'm only just starting out, and all I have is this like old target board I bought as a kid
Its got some cracks in the side and on the bottom. The center of the wheels have turned black also
Should I be fine?
>>
>>756327
yeah just go shred
>>
>>756327
no
get a complete
>>
>>756327
Get a real skateboard.
>>
>>756332
>>756330
lol gearfag pussies brigade i bet i shred better than you on walmart
>>
>>756330
Is that a brand?

>>756332
I definitely plan on it, I just need to save a bit of money up.

>>756328
I've been trying. Or at least trying since yesterday.

>>756333
Checked them trips
>>
>>756335
>Is that a brand?
can u not just google complete skateboard

>>756335
>I definitely plan on it, I just need to save a bit of money up.
you can just slowly replace parts. good bearings are like $10 for example

>>756335
>I've been trying. Or at least trying since yesterday.
well try harder fgt

>>756335
>Checked them trips
checked them singles
>>
>>755192
If you're skating to become pro you're doing it for the wrong reason
>>
File: 1446667002740523369669.jpg (885 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1446667002740523369669.jpg
885 KB, 2048x1152
Hi esg, I'm at my local park right now
It's pretty smalland I'm the only one here atm
If I'm only learning how to get comfortable on a board should I just be rolling round the park, or should I be trying to go down shit? I haven't skated in 6+ years and even back then all I could do is ollie while rolling
>>
>>756387
Cruise around and go down the small ramps
>>
>>756387
do what >>756390 said, or just skate around your town/neighborhood.

that hubba looks fucking huge
>>
>>756387
Where is that at?
>>
>>756414
my town
>>
>>756414
Central IL
>>756417
nigga you ain't me
>>
everybody who has real winter, what are your survival plans?

Im gonna start volunteering at the only indoor skatepark here, then when i've built up trust i can totally have the place for my self after hours.
>>
>>756518
trying out skiing or snowboarding
>>
>>756518
i think im gonna try to snowboard this winter.

i am also going to practice flatground and maybe build something to grind on in my garage and/or basement.

im also considering buying a snowskate cause why not
>>
File: Ness_clay.png (645 KB, 796x1199) Image search: [Google]
Ness_clay.png
645 KB, 796x1199
>>755005
>skate trip to NYC
>ness costume with red and white huf classic lows and a nationals baseball cap
>got a free cookie at insomnia cookies when I passed by because worker liked my costume

love the cheap local food in ny also like dollar slice and dumplings
>>
>>756551
desu sketchy local food vendors are the tastiest senpai
>>
>>756551
>huf classic lows
weak
>>
>>756553
friend gave them to me, I usually end up buying vans when I need new shoes. what do you skate comme des garçons chucks or Osiris d3's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xouUoBPYO4
>>
How do I ollie?
>>
>>756563
YouTube
>>
How do I kickflip?
>>
>>756565
kick the flip[
>>
>>756555
>trips
>fucking love this part

I skated in two pairs of Huf Classics in the past and my current pair that I'm skating now is Sage Elesser's Chucks but if you want to stick with Vans, find the all suede Old Skools (not the Pros, that shit doesn't work) or Gilbert Crockett's shoe. Those two (and maybe the TNT SG, never had them) are pretty good.
>>
>>756572
don't listen to this guy, >>756565 he has it all wrong
you gotta flip the kick
>>
File: 1353108505523.gif (182 KB, 1036x654) Image search: [Google]
1353108505523.gif
182 KB, 1036x654
So I just went out to skate for the first time and I gotta say its pretty great
Its not necessarily what I'd call fun, but its more kinda calming. It really clears the head and puts me into my own world
I really am shit at it though, I can't get any speed and I find just riding it in itself is awkward as fuck. The speed is probably half me being shit and half my board being cheap. Or maybe 60 shit 40 cheap
Also this is way more of a workout than I thought it'd be
Still, I want moar
>>
File: WP_20151104_17_32_55_Pro.jpg (353 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151104_17_32_55_Pro.jpg
353 KB, 1920x1080
went to a newly opened park about 30m from my apt last night. showed up around 4pm, was chill, young kids getting in the way, couple good dudes
around 9pm it was only really good dudes (like, backside flip 50-50 down handrail good) and i was just in the way, which sucks. everyone was still cool but like, couldn't do much but watch at that point. cool park though- if you're in the charleston area be sure to check out redbeard's
>>
File: 1393462597099.png (215 KB, 1037x651) Image search: [Google]
1393462597099.png
215 KB, 1037x651
>>756587
awesome bro, just keep at it and you'll be shreddin' like a radicool mothafucka' in no time
>>
Anybody here from Vegas?
>tfw city is full of parks with bowls but none of them have pool coping.
Really sucks desu, and last time I skated a pool I got arrested and had to stay in the pokey over night and had to pay a ticket.
>>
Best griptape for darkslides?
>>
>>756655
doesn't matter fuccboi
>>
>>756655
Mob
>>
did anybody else think Tommy Sandoval's frontside flip was gnarly?
>>
>>756518
I think if you 're hellbent on skating, you can go out on a day that isn't snowing. Remember that the weather conditions that prohibit skateboarding are strong winds, rain/snow. For everything else there's masterc...I mean you can adjust your clothing.
>>
>>756643
>showed up around 4pm, was chill, young kids getting in the way, couple good dudes
>around 9pm it was only really good dudes (like, backside flip 50-50 down handrail good) and i was just in the way, which sucks.

go early or go burly.
>>
File: skatebrah.jpg (57 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
skatebrah.jpg
57 KB, 640x640
>>756654
>last time I skated a pool I got arrested and had to stay in the pokey over night and had to pay a ticket.
>>
>>756675
In the Cold War video?
>>
>>756683
Was it there? I just caught it in Ride channel, but it's probably from there, yes, they were talking about the ender, so yes. I haven't watched the video (Cold War)
>>
>>756675
Fuck yea, Tommy is crazy good and super underrated.
>>
>>756695
you know who I really, really dig as a skater? Bennet. I mean the guy has a grind named after him. And it's awesome. watch his real street part.
>>
>>756697
He's a cool dude and has clean style.
His Dekline shoe is really comfy too
>>
>>756697
He has the best Toy Machine graphics.
>>
what do we call the trick when you do a 180, land on the two back wheels and immediately pop a shuv-it or even bigspin? The trick Mike Vallely does in the speed wheels video.
>>
>>756705
Toy Machine eh? His vibes are more aligned with Alien Workshop if you ask me.
But since you didn't, please erase that comment from your memory.
>>
>>756706
180 to manual shoveit/bigspin out ?
>>
>>756712
exactly, but you just catch it in a manual position, you don't roll.
>>
>>756676
how the fuck are you supposed to skate in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ol3dDzgHrs

ice and snow litterally everywere except indoors
>>
>>756714
a stationary manual isn't a manual?
>>
>>756743
I was just clarifying. The trick is turn-catch it manual-pop shuv.

Technically it is a manual (pun not intended).
>>
>>756742
well, if you have a snowskate like the anon likes or a snowboard, that place looks like a playground. Just mind your teeth.
>>
>>756654
I am, try the desert breeze park. It has coping.
>>
>>756748
a snowskate is for doing 1 trick, not cruising. you have to run and jump on it for momentum, its not like a snow friendly version of a skateboard where you can just cruise around.
>>
What's /esg/ favorite video part?
Here's mine, always gets me hyped to skate.
https://youtu.be/Weh5w1ibLWg?list=FLYvMxzaPfT3XhZEy7Dct2og
>>
>>755005
>first time coming to /asp/ from /fit/
>first thread is about skateboarding
>feel sadness over the fact that have never skateboarded in life and always look back and regret
>YOU' RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE NOW GO OUT AND SHRED

is this really true? Are there any old farts here?
what about getting hurt?
I saw an ambulance near the skate place on the park I run in, and there was a kid really fucked up being put in.
I'm 30 and a computer programmer I can't just break an arm or something, can I do it safely?
I can't just break an arm
>>
File: unbreakmyheart.jpg (103 KB, 610x374) Image search: [Google]
unbreakmyheart.jpg
103 KB, 610x374
>>756779
unless you 're pic related it will take time and experience to reach a point when breaking an arm would be considered a probability.
Have fun bro.
>>
>>756779
Just pad up if you're that worried. And never stick your arms out if you fall.
>>
>>756780
>>756781
Thanks, I guess it's time to stop being a pussy and start doing something other than running and lifting.
>>
>>756782
fucking right.
>>
>>756777
James Brockman in Strange World or Frank Gerwer in Cash Money Vagrant
>>
Hai anons

A certain local & friend of mine is coming out with a thrasher collab part
November..soon

Keep a eye out for it, the guys have been working really hard :^)
>>
>>756792
cool, who's your friend?
how long have you been editing??
>>
>>756793
Can't spoil it; not sure if it's part of the sensitive information that my boys manager puts us on to.. I wouldn't want to make it sus for him

& I don't edit
>I'd like to, working on that
I'm just an average skatebro
>>
>>756777
anything from lurknyc
https://youtu.be/uR_8JuIXvpA
>>
Is it possible to have a successful job and skateboard? Seems like everybody that skates is a pathetic waste of oxygen that does nothing beneficial to society. Most of you probably just get drunk and hate your lives.
>>
>>756800
some skater kids call you a faggot today?
>>
>>756800
:o
>>
>>756802
No, I was thinking of starting to skate but don't feel like being surrounded by retard degenerates.
>>
>>756804
y'know you don't have to hang around other skaters to skate man
>>
>>756800
Skate or die
Rank Pussy breath faggot.
>>
>>756804
that's why we have the longboarding and snowboarding generals, silly!
>>
>>756804
Skateboarding is independent, you don't need friends.
>>
File: 1382636899801.jpg (15 KB, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1382636899801.jpg
15 KB, 195x195
>>756809
>>
>>756799
the end made the video depressing
>>
Why is there so many people in here that have been skating for less than a year??
>feels good knowing I could shit all over you guys in a game of skate
>>
>>756819
because some people find out about things at different points in their lives?
>>
>>756804
don't skate if you're an angry mongoloid that doesn't like the community
>>
>>756654
hahahaha nice story there bruh and checked almost satan trip bruh
>>
What size you all ride? I'm thinking about sizing up. Anyone have any good/bad experiences with sizing?
>>
>>756824
I ride a 8.125 Deathwish deck.
Used to ride 7.75 Alien Workshop but decided to switch because it was difficult for me to skate a bowl with a pencil deck.
Now I skate like butter.
>>
>>756824
8.25 master race.
>>
>>756826
>8.25 master race.

I 've heard other people describe it that way.
>>
>>756825
Yea, I skate 7.75 and am thinking about moving to 8.125. Kind of a weird coincidence. I feel like a bigger deck would help me be a lot more stable
>>
>>756824

8.25 is also acceptable
anything smaller is a girls skateboard
>>
>>756824
i have a 7.7 but i recently got an 8 from a friend. The trucks don't match for shit though but idunno if skating a 7.7 is better or worse than skating an 8 with trucks meant for 7.7
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElOj5LEMflQ

vx1000 video me and some friends made
>>
>>756824
8.25 to 8.6
>>
>>756875
y'all niggas need more speed and better camera work
Get closer and go faster

Because that's just a waste of film desu could've done the same thing with a phone fisheye and 5 minutes in your favorite video editing app
>>
>>756877
Thanks for the feedback. That vid was from like 7 months ago. This is our newest one, so it might be a bit better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fmrIFCE4wk
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_NTkq_WQOY
>>
File: 1404418157495.jpg (46 KB, 420x500) Image search: [Google]
1404418157495.jpg
46 KB, 420x500
>second day skating
>can still only barely stay on the board
Am I gonna make it?
>>
File: 1404417244682.jpg (20 KB, 396x327) Image search: [Google]
1404417244682.jpg
20 KB, 396x327
>>756819
>ha-ha I'm so much better than people who just started
>>
>>756938
Yeah just keep riding

Learn to push correctly by YouTube or other means, helped me a lot
>>
>>756938
think of things you 'd like to do on a skateboard. Work towards achieving them. Remember to have fun and to do silly shit, have fucking fun man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcY3UF6_IaM
>>
File: shitpostan.jpg (77 KB, 931x728) Image search: [Google]
shitpostan.jpg
77 KB, 931x728
>>756943
it's just a troll, ignore them
>>
>>756956
BEAR IT HAOLE, THIS IS OUR THREAD
>>
oh and a FOREVER UNTIL YOUR DEATH reminder that Erick Winkowski is the best skater of this generation. Let me repeat: the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMAORmbthAI
>>
>That bittersweet feeling of have to buy a new complete because everything is done for but the wheels.
:'(
>>
BEAT IT HAOLE, THIS IS OUR THREAD
>>
>>756986
Make a wall hanger or cut up the deck to make a chair/bench.
>>
what is the coolest trick you've ever seen /esg/?
>>
File: 20151105_192101_001_001.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20151105_192101_001_001.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Lemme see your kickflip
>>
>>756986
>trucks ever really being done for
might be time to get some indys tripfag
>>
>24 years old
>never been on a board, but been into it since I was a kid
>realized I'm an adult, so I impulse bought a board
>8.38 in welcome board
>tensor trucks
>54 mm 97a wheels
>want do skate bowls and pools

how bad did i fuck up?
>>
>>757029
I will never get why people ask this question when they buy without getting advice first.
>>
File: sk8str8.gif (18 KB, 1620x2025) Image search: [Google]
sk8str8.gif
18 KB, 1620x2025
>>757029
>want to buy a board
>buy a board
>somehow fucking up
just go skate it retard
>>
>>757029
Doesn't sound bad, you can start with that for sure.

And also >>757032
>>
>>757029
considering you'll go through a deck, wheels, and bearings in a couple months at the most, does it matter? go skate that fucking thing
>>
>>757029
Welcome is some good quality wood. Though for bowl skating, Independent trucks would have been a better choice. But tensor will be okay for now.
>>
>>757019
Any trick Jim Greco does is cool.
>>
how the fuck do you people do tailslides?
im trying to learn fs tailslides- and if i manage to land my tail on the ledge, all my weight is on my front foot and i just immediately pop off perpendicular to the ledge

any tips? i've got boardslides and grinds on lock, but i want to add tailslides
>>
>>757050
You already know the problem. All your weight is on your front foot.
Fix it, put it on the back foot dude it's not that hard.
>>
>>757029
Sounds like a good setup.
I'm curious to know what shaped deck did you get?
I got the Moontrimmer shape
>>
>>757076
Helm of Awe 2
>>
>>756956

BEAT IT HAOLE, THIS IS OUR THREAD
>>
Guys, do you want to divorce Nora as our official thread skate-fu? I think it would better and more appropriate to marry Alysha Bergado

like, hnnnnnnng
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.