[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My Friend's Pet Duck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: dumbass.jpg (25 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
dumbass.jpg
25 KB, 500x332
Some time during the Spring, right around April I think, my friend got two pet ducks out of nowhere. Her dad bought them from a local animal feed store. One died (thank god) and one continues to live in her garage. He sleeps on some kind of bed comforter, which mind you, is covered in duck shit and duck feathers and God knows what else. The entire garage floor is caked in layers of duck shit and duck disease. I don't know for a fat whether it's diseased but I'm sure it can't be good for you.
Would someone care to weigh in on this? Is this animal abuse? We live in Chicago, so he has to be freezing his duck balls off. I've hinted to my friend how much I hate the duck and how disgusting her garage is because of him but I don't think she gets the picture.

What can I do, /an/? Is it animal abuse? Is the garage now a bio-hazard? Can someone weigh in on this? I don't have any photos of the garage unfortunately, I haven't been in there recently (you can imagine why)
>>
OP here, forgot to mention a couple things.
>EVERYTHING is covered in shit. Everything that comes into contact with the ground at least.
>The food my friend leaves out for the duck attracts mice
>My friend likes to walk barefoot into the garage then back into the house, can I smack her or what?
>>
I think you're overreacting. As far as the duck goes it doesn't get that much better than this for domestic fowl. And temperature, it's fine if it's in shelter.

For your friends sake that is gross but catching some weird duck disease is incredibly unlikely. Concerns of mice may be slightly more likely but you could just buy her a lidded canister for the food and fix that much.

Imagining you contact authorities then nothing better will happen. If it is an area where livestock animals aren't allowed they'll fine her, seize it, and kill it. If it is allowed there then they almost certainly won't care because she isn't starving or torturing it and they have better stuff to do.
>>
>>2013467
post pics of garage and bed
>>
>>2013474
I don't have any sadly, I'll take some tomorrow if I end up going over there
>>
Another question arises
>Is it safe to eat him?
>>
isn't there like salmonella everywhere? or do them bacteria die in the Chicago winter?

I would organize an intervention.
>>
>>2013467
This is abuse. Call animal control.
>>
Ducks are just dirty, disgusting poop machines. And no matter what sort of shelter the duck goes into, it will be a nasty poop fest within a few days. Seriously. Ducks are nasty. But hey, if she scrapes up all that poop and tills it into a garden in the spring, she'll have the best veggies in town.
>>
>>2013470
>>My friend likes to walk barefoot into the garage then back into the house, can I smack her or what?
Yes, tell her to wear shoes in the garage or gtfo. Literally shit tier manners, that shit would never fly in the south.
>>
>>2014157
she doesn't scrape it up at all, it kinda just stays on the garage floor. I tried cleaning it for her (that didn't go very well because I was only able to clean half of it, her lazy ass didn't wanna move her damn car out of the way) and it went back to being disgusting about a week later. And she wonders why no one ever wants to come over anymore.
I hate this fucking god damn duck so much, I've never had so much hatred for an animal in my entire life
>>
Bumping for ducky justice
>>
peking ducks shit so much its unreal. i had 2 indoor peking ducks for 3 years then had to give them up to my friend who ate them. i seriously had to clean the pen 4 times a day and each time the floor was caked with shit. shit was unreal.

but there is nothing in this world like swimming with baby ducklings. i am pretty sure that is the happiest moment in my life.
>>
>>2015154
probably were shitting and pissing while you were swimming with them
>>
OP here, photos are coming in a couple hours
>>
>>2015571
yuss
>>
>>2015308

>clean baby ducks cage
>clean bedding
>brand new water bowls
>brand new swimming bowl
>literally 1 minute later the water is brown
>poo everywhere

Large birds are disgusting.

>>2013467

>Abuse

Probably not, but it is disgusting. The duck needs to be kept outside with hay/dirt/grass so the shit can be removed.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.